• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS Z390 Motherboards Automatically Push Software into Your Windows Installation

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
During testing for our Intel Core i9-9900K review we found out that new ASUS Z390 motherboards automatically install software and drivers to your Windows 10 System, without the need for network access, and without any user knowledge or confirmation. This process happens in complete network-isolation (i.e. the machine has no Internet or LAN access). Our Windows 10 image is based on Windows 10 April 2018 Update and lacks in-built drivers for the integrated network controllers.

Upon first boot, with the machine having no LAN or Internet connectivity, we were greeted by an ASUS-specific window in the bottom right corner of our screen, asking whether we'd like to install the network drivers and download "Armoury Crate". This got us curious and we scanned the system for any files that aren't part of the standard MS Windows installation. We discovered three ASUS-signed files in our Windows 10 System32 folder, which, so it seems, magically appeared on our harddrive out of thin air. Upon further investigation we also found a new, already running, system service called "AsusUpdateCheck."

These files could not have come from either our Windows image or the network, leaving the motherboard's 16-megabyte UEFI BIOS as the only suspect. The files themselves, which total around 3.6 MB in size, appear harmless, and belong to an ASUS-made program called "ASUS Armoury Crate." This program fetches the latest drivers for your hardware from ASUS servers, and installs them for you in an automated process with little user-intervention. This is a very useful feature, as it establishes a method to install network driver and other drivers easily, without the need for a physical driver disc (in times where nobody has an optical drive anymore). After digging around in the UEFI BIOS, we managed to find a fairly nondescript option "Download and Install ARMOURY CRATE app", which of course defaults to "on"; and it's not easy to find, being located in the "Tool" section of the BIOS setup.

The ASUS UEFI firmware exposes an ACPI table to Windows 10, called "WPBT" or "Windows Platform Binary Table". WPBT is used in the pre-built OEM industry, and is referred to as "the Vendor's Rootkit." Put simply, it is a script that makes Windows copy data from the BIOS to the System32 folder on the machine and execute it during Windows startup - every single time the system is booted. According to the Microsoft WPBT reference, which describes this feature as useful for "anti-theft software", this binary is a "native, user-mode application that is executed by the Windows Session Manager during operating system initialization.", which means "before all other programs, with administrative privileges". This gives pretty much full control over everything, including protected folders and the registry.

The ASUS executable unpacks two more files, registers the "AsusUpdateCheck" service and launches it. Once the desktop is loaded, it manifests itself as a bloatware-looking notification near our system tray, requesting you to install the ASUS Armoury Crate software, by fetching the rest of its installer payload from the Internet. Interestingly, it also installs a basic driver to get the integrated network controller working, which is a nice feature. Windows 10 doesn't support the new Z390 integrated Ethernet controller out of the box. This method of writing data to protected areas of the boot drive may not be uncommon with OEM pre-built desktops and notebooks, but for the PC DIY space, in which consumers seek a higher degree of control and privacy over their hardware and software, it is a first and comes across as intrusive. It should normally take a lot of privilege for anything to write to your System32 folder without user-intervention, at least a UAC dialog authenticating the user's consent. Lenovo has used the same method in 2015, which resulted in a huge scandal. They automatically installed a rootkit, which logged data and pushed bloatware into the user's system.

Our motherboard was supplied within the European Union, and yet the software lacks a GPDR-compliant user consent dialog. If nothing else, a person's IP address will be transmitted to ASUS without consent, possibly more, including details like motherboard model, system specs and installed hardware.

We poked and prodded with the service a bit. Deleting the files (and/or the service) simply restores them at the next reboot. Clicking "cancel" in the first instance of the pop-up doesn't end the service, which keeps running in the background until you manually disable it (and it comes back at next reboot). The only way you can ensure the files stay deleted is by disabling the "ASUS Armoury Crate" option in the UEFI setup program, which disables the ACPI-WPBT table. Running the download & install, and then disagreeing with the license agreement will keep Armoury Crate installed on your system. Even when the Armoury Crate Uninstaller is run from "Programs & Software", the AsusUpdateCheck service doesn't get uninstalled, and the uninstaller also forgets to remove a second service it installed.

By default, the ASUS UEFI setup program for our motherboard has the "Download and Install Armoury Crate App" option enabled. Unsuspecting users who glossed over their UEFI setup configuration before installing their OS for the first time, will see the Armoury Crate pop-up even if their machines are not configured to access the Internet. This would do wonders for increasing the user-base of ASUS' software, but are you comfortable with something like this? Given NAND flash pricing, what stops motherboard vendors from embedding a flash-based USB mass-storage device directly onto their motherboards that installs a host of driver software and sponsored bloatware automatically?

If you put aside the privacy concerns for a moment, there are both advantages and disadvantages for what ASUS is trying to accomplish. Since it's enabled by default, this method makes installing drivers and system software easier than ever, since it also gets the network controller to work. It's particularly useful given that motherboard vendors continue to ship drivers on a DVD, and optical disc drives are on the decline, leaving people with little option but to copy their drivers onto a USB flash drive, just to get the NIC working. The application also fetches the very latest (most stable) versions of drivers found on ASUS website. The most obvious disadvantage is cybersecurity. If any of ASUS' on-chip code has security vulnerabilities that can be exploited, there is little way to fix it but with BIOS updates from ASUS.

ASUS needs to make a few changes and release UEFI BIOS updates, on the double. One option could be to disable the Armour Create option in BIOS by default, so unsuspecting users don't get these files. It could be advertised in the home-screen of the UEFI setup instead. Another option could be to properly clean up the installed files if the users chooses to not use Armoury Crate and not install them again on next reboot. Also required is a GPDR-compliant license agreement, that clarifies which data is collected, how it is processed, and whether it is shared with third parties. While this probably won't happen, some kind of ASUS warranty to include liability for any future malware that exploits WPBT to survive OS reinstalls, would go a long way.

We're sure that as a market-leading motherboard vendor, the intentions behind this couldn't have been bad. It only needs a bit of polish, and a lot of transparency with the user.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 1600X (4.0 GHz @ 1.4V)
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F Gaming
Cooling Scythe Mugen 5 with Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM
Memory 8 GBx2 Corsair Vengeance LPX (running at DDR4-2933, CAS 16)
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 1080 Turbo
Storage 1x 500 GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1x 1 TB Crucial MX500 M.2, 2x 3 TB Toshiba P300 7,200 RPM HDD
Display(s) 24" Acer R240HY
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z + Sennheiser HD 558
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Keyboard Corsair STRAFE RGB (Cherry MX Brown)
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Passmark System Score: 5252.4
Like Windows 10 needs any help with installing bloatware.

Great and balanced news alert, W1zard.
Asking Asus to "properly clean up" is maybe asking too much, given it's decades old history of doing the contrary? Needing underground tools like "AI Suite cleaner" to do it? It's amazing that they do not hire software engineers with enough qualification... As you say "they will perfect it"... slowly... I'll leave it here. ;)

System Name System V
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus Prime X570-P
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 // a bunch of 120 mm Xigmatek 1500 RPM fans (2 ins, 3 outs)
Memory 2x8GB Ballistix Sport LT 3200 MHz (BLS8G4D32AESCK.M8FE) (CL16-18-18-36)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte AORUS Radeon RX 580 8 GB
Storage SHFS37A240G / DT01ACA200 / WD20EZRX / MKNSSDTR256GB-3DL / LG BH16NS40 / ST10000VN0008
Display(s) LG 22MP55 IPS Display
Case NZXT Source 210
Audio Device(s) Logitech G430 Headset
Power Supply Corsair CX650M
Mouse Microsoft Trackball Optical 1.0
Keyboard HP Vectra VE keyboard (Part # D4950-63004)
Software Whatever build of Windows 11 is being served in Dev channel at the time.
Benchmark Scores Corona 1.3: 3120620 r/s Cinebench R20: 3355 FireStrike: 12490 TimeSpy: 4624
Wow, such a nice feature. How long until someone finds a vulnerability and makes malware for it?

System Name My PC
Processor 4670K@4.4GHz
Motherboard Gryphon Z87
Cooling CM 212
Memory 2x8GB+2x4GB @2400GHz
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS Black Edition 1425MHz OC+, 8GB
Storage Intel 530 SSD 480GB + Intel 510 SSD 120GB + 2x500GB hdd raid 1
Display(s) HP envy 32 1440p
Case CM Mastercase 5
Audio Device(s) Sbz ZXR
Power Supply Antec 620W
Mouse G502
Keyboard G910
Software Win 10 pro
Just don't use internet and no probs..

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
I told everyone earlier, in a certain UEFI spyware thread:

Nothing scares me more than big cheap flashroms on motherboards... spyware, vendors, all of them have the power to misuse this.

Just don't use internet and no probs..

Comprehension fail.

This has happened for a long time with Asus. Why is this news now? My Crosshair VII does this as well. I disable from the Bios and uninstall. problem solved.

To be able to install a clean copy of Windows and only the software you chose is one of the advantages of building your PC. This move from Asus is inadmissible and a privacy intrusion.
Besides, don't give us the "for your convenience" justification, being a builder is inconvenient per nature, and that's how we like it.

System Name Virtual Reality / Bioinformatics
Processor Undead CPU
Motherboard Undead TUF X99
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory GSkill 128GB DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 1TB + 860 EVO 2TB + WD Black 5TB
Display(s) 32'' 4K Dell
Case Fractal Design R5
Audio Device(s) BOSE 2.0
Power Supply Seasonic 850watt
Mouse Logitech Master MX
Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue
VR HMD HTC Vive + Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 P
TPU: We found some potential potential privacy intrusive practice on a multi-national corporations.

---> Lawyers want to know your location/

---> EU administration intensifies.

Me:

System Name The Mini Nuke
Processor Intel i9-9900K at 4.9GHz -1AVX Vffset 1.27V
Motherboard Asus Maximus XI Hero WiFi
Cooling NZXT - Kraken X62 Liquid CPU Cooler
Memory G.SKILL TridentZ 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-4000 Memory Model F4-4000C17Q-32GTZRB
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX 3080 TUF-RTX3080-O10G-GAMING
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD, Intel 660p M.2 2280 2TB NVMe
Display(s) 1 LG 27GL850-B and 2 ROG Swift PG278Q
Case NZXT - H700 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 - 1000W Platinum
Mouse Razer Naga Trinity
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma
Software Windows 10 Pro
Thanks for the heads-up, I will definitely disable this on my XI Hero if Amazon ever ships my 9900k. I like the idea of installing a NIC driver but other stuff not so much.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
This has happened for a long time with Asus. Why is this news now? My Crosshair VII does this as well. I disable from the Bios and uninstall. problem solved.

That's even worse then.

This shouldn't be possible as far as I am concerned, but since that ship has sailed,AT LEAST have some sense and turn it off by default, ASUS.

if Amazon ever ships my 9900k.

Amazon is claiming a backlog to december last I heard...

Processor Ryzen 5700X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Arous Elite V2
Cooling Thermalright PA120
Memory Kingston FURY Renegade 3600Mhz @ 3733 tight timings
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 6800
Storage 36TB
Display(s) Samsung QN90A
Case be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900
Audio Device(s) Khadas Tone Pro 2, HD660s, KSC75, JBL 305 MK1
Power Supply Coolermaster V850 Gold V2
Mouse Roccat Burst Pro
Keyboard Dogshit with Otemu Brown
Software W10 LTSC 2021
oof asus is a no no for me for now on

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
1. no
2. no
3. HELLL NO

No asus craploaders fo me....

isn't it bad enuff that we have to deal with hackers, spywarz, malwarez, meltdowners, specters etc etc etc, and now this........wTf ???????????

System Name SIGSEGV
Processor INTEL i7-7700K | AMD Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard QUANTA | ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
Cooling Air cooling 4 heatpipes | Corsair H115i | Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC Fan 3000RPM
Memory Micron 16 Gb DDR4 2400 | GSkill Ripjaws 32Gb DDR4 3200 3400(OC) 14-14-14-34 @1.38v
Video Card(s) Nvidia 1060 6GB | Gigabyte 1080Ti Aorus
Storage 1TB 7200/256 SSD PCIE | ~ TB | 970 Evo
Display(s) 15,5" / 27"
Case Black & Grey | Phanteks P400S
Audio Device(s) Realtek
Power Supply Li Battery | Seasonic Focus Gold 750W
Mouse g402
Keyboard Leopold|Ducky
Software LinuxMint KDE |UBUNTU | Windows 10 PRO
Benchmark Scores i dont care about scores
Is it a new invention from ASUS? /sarcasm

lol

Wow, such a nice feature. How long until someone finds a vulnerability and makes malware for it?
You mean like the way the Chinese have supposedly done the same with the BMC and Supermicro? (At least according to Bloomberg) Loading files/code into an installed OS.

System Name Computer!
Processor i7-6700K
Motherboard AsRock Z170 Extreme 7+
Cooling EKWB on CPU & GPU, 240 slim and 360 Monsta, Aquacomputer Aquabus D5, Aquaaero 6 Pro.
Memory 32Gb Kingston Hyper-X 3Ghz
Video Card(s) Asus 980 Ti Strix
Storage 2 x 950 Pro
Display(s) Old Acer thing
Case NZXT 440 Modded
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Seasonic PII 600W Platinum
Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma
Keyboard Logitech G15
Software Win 10 Pro
It would be nice if you could choose what drivers were installed with tickboxes in the BIOS.

Processor Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Asus TUF-Gaming B550-Plus
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon Rx 580 Nitro+ 8GB
Storage HP EX950 512GB + Samsung 970 PRO 1TB
Display(s) HP Z Display Z24i G2
Case Fractal Design Define R6 Black
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster AE-5
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME Ultra 650W Gold
Mouse Roccat Kone AIMO Remastered
Software Windows 10 x64
Looks like I won't be buying Asus motherboards if this is common practice then. Out of general principle. I am not paranoid or anything, but I absolutely despise shit being installed without my consent or even knowledge.

" This is a very useful feature, as it establishes a method to install network driver and other drivers easily, without the need for a physical driver disc (in times where nobody has an optical drive anymore)"

Great... jut what I need: Another uncertified software tool downloading software and installing it without my knowledge. Another hackers paradise has been created. Nice move ASUS.

Yet another reason to having nothing to do with Microsift or ASUS.

System Name ODIN
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX V2
Cooling Dark Rock 4
Memory G Skill RipjawsV F4 3600 Mhz C16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ventus 3X OC LHR
Storage Crucial 2 TB M.2 SSD :: WD Blue M.2 1TB SSD :: 1 TB WD Black VelociRaptor
Display(s) Dell S2716DG 27" 144 Hz G-SYNC
Case Fractal Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Onboard Audio
Power Supply Antec HCP 850 80+ Gold
Mouse Corsair M65
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Lux
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores I don't benchmark.
As if we needed another reason to hate ASUS bloatware. Stop making it. Just stop all RnD for software no one wants or uses. Spend that money on a office party or something, it can't be that much.

Processor Intel Core i7 8700K
Motherboard ROG STRIX Z370-G GAMING AC
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro RGB
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 500GB
Display(s) Dell S2417DG 165Hz
Case NZXT H400i
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma
Keyboard Cooler Master - Masterkeys Pro L RGB
Software Windows 10 Pro 64Bit
" This is a very useful feature, as it establishes a method to install network driver and other drivers easily, without the need for a physical driver disc (in times where nobody has an optical drive anymore)"

Great... jut what I need: Another uncertified software tool downloading software and installing it without my knowledge. Another hackers paradise has been created. Nice move ASUS.

Yet another reason to having nothing to do with Microsift or ASUS.

It doesn't download anything, did you even read it?
They are drivers that are built in somewhere on the motherboard. They are loaded, not downloaded from the internet..

Processor Intel i9 9900K @5GHz w/ Corsair H150i Pro CPU AiO w/Corsair HD120 RBG fan
Motherboard Asus Z390 Maximus XI Code
Cooling 6x120mm Corsair HD120 RBG fans
Memory Corsair Vengeance RBG 2x8GB 3600MHz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 3080Ti STRIX OC
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB , 970 EVO 1TB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD, 10TB Synology DS1621+ RAID5
Display(s) Corsair Xeneon 32" 32UHD144 4K
Case Corsair 570x RBG Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Corsair Virtuoso XT Wireless RGB
Power Supply Corsair HX850w Platinum Series
Mouse Logitech G604s
Keyboard Corsair K70 Rapidfire
Software Windows 11 x64 Professional
Benchmark Scores Firestrike - 23520 Heaven - 3670
Thanks for the heads-up, I will definitely disable this on my XI Hero if Amazon ever ships my 9900k. I like the idea of installing a NIC driver but other stuff not so much.
I have to second this. Im waiting on my z390 board and 9900k still as well. Amazon is saying between nov 15th and december 12th for my motherboard.

It doesn't download anything, did you even read it?
They are drivers that are built in somewhere on the motherboard. They are loaded, not downloaded from the internet..

These files could not have come from either our Windows image or the network, leaving the motherboard's 16-megabyte UEFI BIOS as the only suspect. The files themselves, which total around 3.6 MB in size, appear harmless, and belong to an ASUS-made program called "ASUS Armoury Crate." This program fetches the latest drivers for your hardware from ASUS servers,

The Amory Crate downloads from the internet.

System Name Skunkworks
Processor 5800x3d
Motherboard x570 unify
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB 3600 mhz
Video Card(s) asrock 6800xt challenger D
Storage Sabarent rocket 4.0 2TB, MX 500 2TB
Display(s) Asus 1440p144 27"
Case Old arse cooler master 932
Power Supply Corsair 1200w platinum
Mouse *squeak*
Keyboard Some old office thing
Software openSUSE tumbleweed/Mint 21.2
My asus crosshair VII did something similar, it would place some files directly onto the C: drive upon startup, unless the process was disabled via task manager. These files did not come from the internet, as the NIC was not plugged in when I first installed.

Will probably be my last ASUS board until they stop doing this BS. I dont need my motherboard pushing files to my PC for any reason.

Low quality post by ZhangirDuyseke
I find extremely useful! That means that I don't need to manually download drivers from website after installing OS. Great! Once again paranoid techpowerup users who believe in conspiracy theories, UFO, FBI spying on you and other bullshit! Evil ASUS want to spy on you and your library of hentai and midget porn, ahahah. Techpowerup users are ridiculous! Always find something to complain. It's done for our convenience and very helpful and saved my time.

Looks like I won't be buying Asus motherboards if this is common practice then. Out of general principle. I am not paranoid or anything, but I absolutely despise shit being installed without my consent or even knowledge.
Even if that's latest drivers and useful software? It seems techpowerup users like it hard way.

To be able to install a clean copy of Windows and only the software you chose is one of the advantages of building your PC. This move from Asus is inadmissible and a privacy intrusion.
Besides, don't give us the "for your convenience" justification, being a builder is inconvenient per nature, and that's how we like it.
Don't speak for all builders! Privacy intrusion?! Yeah like ASUS is very "interested" in your hentai and midget porn library, lol. It's extremely useful and saves a lot of time for me. Very convenient:)

Low quality post by Joss
System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
This is not intel specific, the crosshair 7 hero i bought did the exact same thing, except it calls it asus grid which then downloads updater which then downloads the armoury crate.
I didn't mind being assisted to find driver's and I doubt first time builders or OEM builders mind.

I believe it to have been a good faith , easy use feature that IS easily disabled.

It just should be advertised and easily enabled and default to off.

Last edited: