1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Atitool and Vista 32Bit RTM

Discussion in 'ATITool' started by kalel90, Jan 14, 2007.

1. wazzledoozle

wazzledoozle New Member

Thanks Received:
    ATITool 0.24 works for me, but not 0.26. Have to install and use under administrator mode though.

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    DRM is officially dead now, music industry has dropped it, so there is no DRM infringement risk anymore.

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. Random Murderer

Random Murderer The Anti-Midas

Thanks Received:
    that's what i'm saying, since drm is dead, couldnt someone who's really good with programming(*cough*w1zzard*cough*) just completely remove the drm from vista?

4. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    I cant see any legal reasons why a 3rd party cant remove it, given the industry has officially abandoned DRM.

10 Year Member at TPU
  5. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    The whole industry hasn't abandoned DRM, only EMI. Others have already openly denounced Steve Jobs statements and said DRM is here to stay, in one form or another.

6. wazzledoozle

wazzledoozle New Member

Thanks Received:
    There is no "DRM" you idiots, its a completely different thing. You just have to allow the OS to boot with unsigned drivers.

10 Year Member at TPU
  7. Random Murderer

Thanks Received:
    i'm sorry i didnt understand, you could have explained it without calling me an idiot.

8. mandelore

mandelore New Member

Thanks Received:
    UK-small Village in a Valley Near Newcastle
    Im running Vista 32 ultimate edition, ATItool worked perfectly when i first installed, now with a reboot I get an error about kernal not loading, and I cannot access my temperatures or clocks on my x1900xtx. Has any1 found a work around for this? and no, allowing unsigned drivers does NOT work, as i have tried it.

Plz, my lcd display looks so wierd without my gpu speed and temperature being displayed, never mind the fact no more decent overclocking comes to mind... PLEASE some1 think of a way to get around this :D

9. kalel90 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Wow this thread got alot of views after vista came out lol guess that means alot of people r having the same problem. I still cant get it to work.

10. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    I can get ATI tool to sorta work, but if I even touch anything it crashes, I can show the fuzzy cube and check temps...that's about it. But I have vista and an x1950 pro, both = bad news for the tool.

I hope this can be solved, cause ATI tool has been my top prog for tweaking since my 9600 pro days years back.

I have referred so many people to use it, and still do. But with vista still new, and the 1950's are semi-new, and ati drivers for vista aren't anything for OC at least in my case, just gonna have to wait and watch.

11. kalel90 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Im wondering if the creator is still alive lol.

12. Random Murderer

Thanks Received:
    w1zzard?
    he's still very much alive.
    he pops his head in a few times a day, not saying much, but looking around.
    i'm sure he's been working on an atitool release for the 1950pros

13. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    I wouldn't doubt he is. I wish there was more people like him, willing to take all the flak and still keep supporting all of us with his amazing skills and support.

I also hope he's working on a Systool that's more stable in Vista, mine works okay for a few days and then won't start. Could be my issue though.

14. Scavar

Scavar New Member

Thanks Received:
    Has anyone tried Rivatuner to see if it works or anything?

I was going to try that today to see if I could OC my parents 7800GT as an experiment, but I didn't because I have a killer headache...

15. IluvIntel New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm running x64 Vista Ultimate and I tried this cause' I'm desperate to get some vga o/c utility working and your referring to "Disable Driver Signature Signing" its one of the last options on the F8 page.
    Well, I tried that but still can't get ATItool v0.26 to work... :ohwell:

10 Year Member at TPU
  16. iggy1981 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I raninto the same problem, but my problem was from not installing AGPGART. Yes I have ( had ) AGP card, so I don't know if this is your problem. It did solve mine though.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2007
    10 Year Member at TPU
  17. kalel90 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I guess no one has a working solution yet. Ive managed to get the 3d detection and over clocking working but its still gives the cant get base address error and for some reason Vista blocks it form starting up and i have to unblock it every time. and for the record i dont have vista 64 bit

Last edited: Feb 28, 2007
  18. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
  19. HaZe303

HaZe303 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I uninstalled ATITool from my Vista System. Now every time i boot, i get a logg message where it says ATItool.sys driver is trying to start but cant. I tried to clean my registry of everyting from Atitool, but they cant be removed. I googled the issue, and this has been happening before. This was in 2006, have you not found any solution for this yet?? Thx for any reply.

10 Year Member at TPU
  20. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Did you try deleting the driver itself? I dual boot with XP, and anytime I have a driver that won't uninstall properly in Vista, I boot into XP, take ownership of the file, and delete the SOB. Works like a charm. lol

21. claudionmc New Member

Thanks Received:
    omg i didn't knew that everybody has that problem... y try to oc a radeon 9600pro but when i start atitool it says "the kernel mode driver does not seem to be running..."

how can i fix it!!!!! i want to go down too xp :(