1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

OFFICIAL Battlefield 1 (Discussion)

Discussion in 'Games' started by TheMailMan78, Apr 10, 2016.

1. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I found this info rooting around the web and thought since it seems inevitable that we will see a new BF this year we might as well get the discussion started.

Anyway I like the idea of fighting on the US mainland. Its about time they brought it back home like they did in BF2.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

chevy350, Mindweaver, HD64G and 2 others say thanks.
  2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    "Titan Conquest", "Pan Asian Coalition"? Yes please!

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    I hope nobody pre-orders after the state BF4 was released in.

Cvrk, Jack1n and BumbleBee say thanks.
  4. moproblems99

Thanks Received:
    Battlefield 4 actually killed my love for the series. 3 started it with a punch to the gut but 4 was just brutal. I can't even bring myself to play it. I hope for 5 but I won't be buying it till it goes on sale.

purecain, INSTG8R, Jack1n and 2 others say thanks.
  5. natr0n

natr0n

Thanks Received:
    meh this game series brings out the really bad personas in some people.

6. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    I see no such references; I see fighting in Europe, hence "Eastern Front". o_O

I wasn't really interested in BF4, had my copy gifted to me. But I still enjoy it, so, wouldn't mind a fresh new look, and some incentives to play (unlocks), since BF4 is a bit stale. I skipped the cops vs robbers one (can't even think of what it is called), and skipped Battlefront, too, but honestly, if Mirror's Edge is good enough, forget BF5.

Also, I'm still not willing to pay $140+ for any single game, and since that seems to be the norm these days, maybe I'm not gonna be interested. I could care less about the general ideas, maps, game modes, or whatever... tell me how much I would have to pay, and I'll tell you how interested I am.

purecain says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  7. droopyRO

droopyRO

Thanks Received:
    All FPS or competitive action oriented games do that :) what would be online gaming without Cyka Blyat, kurwa or fu** :D

So it will be modern stuff, i was hoping for an alternate history with WW2/Cold War setting.

EntropyZ and natr0n say thanks.
  8. Ferrum Master

Ferrum Master

Thanks Received:
    They actually talk like then during the day too.... a special form of an accent.

But... they have Vilnius and Tallinn... and they skipped Riga... MEH

Crunching for Team TPU
  9. Vayra86

Vayra86

Thanks Received:
    I thought that was just the way Russians sneezed :eek:

Either way, I do prefer them switching to the broken English when you point out you can't understand a word they're saying. It can only get better from then :)

10. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    Battlefield 3 was actually kinda fun. Chasing terrorists who stole the nukes. Only thing was that dreaded bug on the train in the end... Battlefield 4 was somewhat bland. It had its moments, especially in China, but that was pretty much it.

How cool would it be if they mixed in Chernobyl's reactor and town of Pripyat. I'm sure they could mix in something about radioactive isotopes being stolen from there because they were still running some stuff. STALKER vibe and all that creepiness of that zone mixed in with terrorists etc

10 Year Member at TPU
  11. Vayra86

Vayra86

Thanks Received:
    The actual fact is we just need a STALKER sequel with a bigger world to roam and better GFX. Hell I wouldn't even want Battlefield to try to get all dark and gritty like STALKER did, DICE will never do it right.

purecain and happita say thanks.
  12. happita

happita

Thanks Received:
    Amen brother, no other could make STALKER like GSC did. Maybe 4A could because they've got some experience with Metro. No Battlefield would feel right if it had those creepy elements in it honestly.

BF5 will definitely be a sale buy for me. I paid a total of $80 for BF4 and DLC, so I'll be lowering that for my next BF buy for sure.

13. droopyRO

droopyRO

Thanks Received:
    I wish i could translate some expressions from Romanian to English and keep the same meaning :)

14. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    If you read the bottom of the last image it talks about US battles in LA and San Fran.

cadaveca says thanks.
  15. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    But that's the west coast... :p

But nevermind, I know you get what I mean.

10 Year Member at TPU
  16. Ferrum Master

Ferrum Master

Thanks Received:
    English is one of the poorest languages in terms of explict words... :D so no wonders here...

Still I also would like more ww2 footage... I would like Winter war... btw I cannot remember any Finn here around... Maybe at last some real insight of Soviet-Afghanistan slaughter... but a real one... trully bloody like it really was... inhumane and brutal. This would fit BF really... not some sc-fi... we really do not need it.

Crunching for Team TPU
  17. Flogger23m

Thanks Received:
    You can't make a STALKER game feel right if it is MP. I know the first one had a crappy MP mode that no one played, but it wasn't the emphasis and the other two games dropped it entirely. The game doesn't work in MP period.

18. droopyRO

droopyRO

Thanks Received:
    There is Survarium. But the pace of STALKER suits only the singleplayer mode as stated above. Co-op or MP would not keep that same atmosphere.

BF 5 with a modern setting is getting way repetitive.
    We had BFBC2, BF2, BF3 and 4 in a modern setting on PC with only Vietnam, 1942 and BF2142 as an alternative. With BF5 the score is 5 to 3 for the modern crap.

I can`t imagine a thing they could do to the gameplay and/or atmosphere to make it better than BF4.

19. Flogger23m

Thanks Received:
    I'll take modern day combat over any other theme. It has the most interesting weapons/vehicles. I'd like to see them bring back US Army vehicles though. In fact, they should have both Army and USMC vehicles on different maps. I know that one BF3 DLC brought the Stryker in but it was only on 3 maps.

20. droopyRO

droopyRO

Thanks Received:
    Stryker is more or less a LAV, a Bradley would bring some variety. Now imagine a BTR70 vs an M113, T-55/62 vs Centurion/M47/M60, UH-1 Cobra vs Mi-24 Hind or in other words a Cold War setting.
    Let`s see what changes they make to the game, maybe new physics or a return to a slightly more realistic BF2 gameplay or jetpacks like in Call of Duty.

21. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    They should bring back double seater fighter/bomber jets because they are actually a thing on the real battlefield. Its something that i miss so dearly.....

I ALWAYS used to be the one flying. Not because i had to, but because I LOVED to. And i liked how the handling was so much more shittier compared to the more agile fighter jets and theres nothing more intense then having your copilot screaming at you while youre trying to fly your hippo of a fighter/bomber in loops trying to evade missile lock. It was so intense. I would love if they would bring it back, but i doubt they ever will...

22. Flogger23m

Thanks Received:
    I'd like that. I was saddened when tracked IFVs were not present in BF4. I'd like to see two classes. Lighter armored wheeled vehicles (Stryker, LAV, BTR) and heavier tracked (Bradly, BMP) along with the MBTs. Specialize them all a bit more. And maybe bring in some European vehicles this time.

While I do prefer modern era, Cold War wouldn't be too bad either.

23. Octopuss

Octopuss

Thanks Received:
    What are the photos in the first post? Some sort of a joke or? I don't get it.

24. lyndonguitar

lyndonguitar I play games

Thanks Received:
    BF3 was great, BF4 should have been an update/expansion to BF3 imo, the game is too similar. Hardline killed it for me, like how COD and AC killed it when they chose quantity over quality.

Although I am looking forward to seeing BF5(seeing references to BF2142 in those pictures), there's only a very low chance that I will buy it and play it on release

FYFI13 says thanks.
  25. Finners

Thanks Received:
    Only 4 maps on release would be disappointing