• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Bethesda Ditching Steam With Fallout 76 - Available Only via Bethesda.net

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte x570 Gaming X
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory Corsair LPX 3600 4x8GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 6800 XT (reference)
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
Display(s) Samsung CFG70, Samsung NU8000 TV
Case Corsair C70
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Software Win 10 Pro
But it’s just another publishers walled garden that’s my issue. You can bet there will never be any sales, lacking the social features and tools that Steam provides for example. Why is Steam always on on my PC? Because that’s where my friends that I game with are as are most peoples. How many friends lists/Launchers do I need?

Why do you need any of that for single player games?

Either way, do what you want.. but I'd suggest just try to focus on the games. It's right to hate a company for churning out actual bad products, but this?

edit: I think one reason they may be doing it is more planned cross platform features. I can already upload mods to PS4/Xbox/and PC for example. Maybe there's a technical reason Steam can't connect to those platforms.

I don't think the app itself is particularly bad anyways. It's their website that needs work.

Last edited:
System Name lazy ass
Processor Intel i5 7600k 4.2 GHz
Motherboard MSI Enthusiastic Gaming Z270 (Z270 GAMING M3)
Cooling H80i GT V1 liquid cooling
Memory CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3600MHz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 8G 11Gbps
Storage seagate 2tb HDD/boot drive SSD Samsung 960 evo M.2
Display(s) ASUS 28inch 4k
Case Corsair Graphite Series 760T
Audio Device(s) mobo
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 750G1 750 watts
Mouse Razer Mamba wireless/ needs a new one razer sucks
Keyboard Corsair K68 RGB
Software Windows 10 home
Benchmark Scores to be updated soon
I wanted to give this game a try I'm hooked on elder scrolls online but this I don't know who here is going to buy it?

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Have to say I see this as pretty great. It's about time major players in this industry start making active moves towards breaking Steam's current near-monopoly. Not that this is new (Origin, Uplay, GoG Galaxy, Battle.net, and so on), and the forced walled-in distributor "exclucivity" of this is potentially a bad thing, but we need drastic measures like this (making high-profile games explicitly "non-Steam") to train end-users to look for games in other places than the ease and convenience of Steam's increasingly developer-unfriendly and profit-hungering machinery. If we can train users to look for games in different places and price- (or feature-)compare across distribution platforms, that will go a long way towards removing Steam from its current monopolist position. Which will ultimately gain all gamers.

While I agree, I also do not.

I think Steam in its current form is exactly what the 'platform' should look like. What needs to change here is who owns it. All of the publishers worldwide need to own it together and invest in it together to create a single unified platform where everyone has shared interest and where publishers can, or choose not to, implement their own layer of DRM behind it. Imagine that reality: even GOG would just have its place over there, and they would shine as one of the publishers that did not enforce DRM. It would create a whole new dynamic. Equal visibility, but some publishers stand out negatively and others do not. All it needs is a single, independent management that is guaranteed of funding by a share equal to the sales volume of each publisher.

At that point you as a customer are no longer in the hands of all these individual publishers but rather a customer at 'them all' - and its ONLY the offering of each publisher that determines their market share. Not some artificial middle-man called Stores for each individual publisher. The amount of money wasted on managing all that fragmented nonsense, and the lacking quality of many of them... it should really already be gone. The customer does not benefit in any way and all those involved just move money around and lose some in the process.

As for Fallout 76... I already dropped off the hype train when I saw what it looks like. Same shit different day, forced online. NOTY

Fx

Processor Ryzen 2600x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Cooling Noctua
Memory G.SKILL Flare X Series 16GB DDR4 3466
Video Card(s) EVGA 980ti FTW
Storage (OS)Samsung 950 Pro (512GB), (Data) WD Reds
Display(s) 24" Dell UltraSharp U2412M
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser GAME ONE
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 650 P2
Mouse Mionix Castor
Keyboard Deck Hassium Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Great, what we were always waiting for is 500 stupid launchers. GTFO Bethesda. I guess this is the end then as I really have no intention of running another one. Stop being greedy bastards and think of user convenience for once. Having just Steam and GOG was convenient. Then Origin and UPlay arrived and Battle.net, crappy Rockstar Launcher or whatever it was for GTA and Bethesda Launcher. Enough is enough. NO.

While I agree with your sentiment about 500 launchers, Battle.net has been around longer (1996) than any of the major platforms. Steam came out in 2003 and GoG in 2008. There was also Direct2Drive (2004) that I really liked. I only left Direct2Drive it because I wanted to manage my library from one location, thus I chose Steam.

I don't want another damn launcher for the same reason I made this decision years ago...

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Case Corsair C70
Software Win 10 Pro

I think Steam in its current form is exactly what the 'platform' should look like. What needs to change here is who owns it. All of the publishers worldwide need to own it together and invest in it together to create a single unified platform where everyone has shared interest and where publishers can, or choose not to, implement their own layer of DRM behind it. Imagine that reality: even GOG would just have its place over there, and they would shine as one of the publishers that did not enforce DRM. It would create a whole new dynamic. Equal visibility, but some publishers stand out negatively and others do not. All it needs is a single, independent management that is guaranteed of funding by a share equal to the sales volume of each publisher.

At that point you as a customer are no longer in the hands of all these individual publishers but rather a customer at 'them all' - and its ONLY the offering of each publisher that determines their market share. Not some artificial middle-man called Stores for each individual publisher. The amount of money wasted on managing all that fragmented nonsense, and the lacking quality of many of them... it should really already be gone. The customer does not benefit in any way and all those involved just move money around and lose some in the process.

As for Fallout 76... I already dropped off the hype train when I saw what it looks like. Same shit different day, forced online. NOTY

Not gonna happen. There's a reason why Valve barely makes games anymore. Because they're swimming in money because of this.

While CD Projekt also bought GOG as a vehicle for their own games... sooner or later, they'll want to make more of use of it in that respect.

Fallout 76 doesn't look like the old game exactly. It's less destroyed/polluted.. seems like they updated the engine to add more flora as well (not to mention it's 4 times bigger worldspace). Creation used to suck at presenting proper forest sizes.. At least this looks a little on par with Ubi/Farcry, etc..

Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
Not gonna happen. There's a reason why Valve barely makes games anymore. Because they're swimming in money because of this.

While CD Projekt also bought GOG as a vehicle for their own games... sooner or later, they'll want to make more of use of it in that respect.

I know but one can dream, right :) What I am saying though is that having Steam is the lesser of evils versus having all those independent vendors with their own launcher and store. And, also, none of them will even remotely touch on what Steam offers UNLESS they band together.

While I agree with your sentiment about 500 launchers, Battle.net has been around longer (1996) than any of the major platforms. Steam came out in 2003 and GoG in 2008. There was also Direct2Drive (2004) that I really liked. I only left Direct2Drive it because I wanted to manage my library from one location, thus I chose Steam.

I don't want another damn launcher for the same reason I made this decision years ago...

Yes, but Battle.net was primarily an online gaming host/service that handed chat rooms, ranked/unranked matchmaking and custom map servers all in one go. So it is really nothing like Steam. The store part of it came later.

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Case Corsair C70
Software Win 10 Pro
I know but one can dream, right :) What I am saying though is that having Steam is the lesser of evils versus having all those independent vendors with their own launcher and store. And, also, none of them will even remotely touch on what Steam offers UNLESS they band together.

I've always thought Microsoft could.. but they're still deluded that the Xbox has a future. The minute they stop that, they can realize they have a whole other platform to focus on. They've got all the tools and interfaces.. and already an existing framework to do it. It's just not their priority gaming platform as of yet.

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
I've always thought Microsoft could.. but they're still deluded that the Xbox has a future. The minute they stop that, they can realize they have a whole other platform to focus on. They've got all the tools and interfaces.. and already an existing framework to do it. It's just not their priority gaming platform as of yet.

Microsoft? No man, that company and gaming = combination meant to fail. It won't ever change. Company lacks the right culture and mindset - look at the launch of the Xbox One and how they blundered for proof - there is no vision, no real integration, its just trying to find some weird synergy where nobody wants it with their other services.

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
Does Bethesda Store even offer refunds like Steam?

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
Does Bethesda Store even offer refunds like Steam?

Not in the way Steam does it but Im sure you can use their customer service if a product fails to meet expectations.

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Case Corsair C70
Software Win 10 Pro
Microsoft? No man, that company and gaming = combination meant to fail. It won't ever change. Company lacks the right culture and mindset - look at the launch of the Xbox One and how they blundered for proof - there is no vision, no real integration, its just trying to find some weird synergy where nobody wants it with their other services.

I don't want to derail on Xbox fails too much, but I think some of their vision is now being adopted on a larger scale. In that sense, some of it was before it's time. They especially should have never focused on incorporating cable/tv services.. but they wouldn't have been wrong focusing on other services (like Netflix).

But what I'm trying to say is I hope for a resurgence of PC gaming.. and with that, Microsoft finally taking a leading role. No one else can unify people behind the platform, except the platform's creators.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
Reactions: Fx
System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Case Corsair C70
Software Win 10 Pro
It already has. PC gaming is stronger than ever.

I'm talking about giving the PS4 a run for it's money, which the Xbox was always intended to do. That isn't happening until Microsoft abandons it.

edit: I think they knew all along that consoles had a life expectancy, and were just hoping to get people in the Microsoft ecosystem.. but I think that time is now. Especially for their own console.

edit:
Speaking of, as much as I like Steam, they put a great deal of broken shit on there. I've been reinstalling my game library and I'm reminded of that. I've had to configure more than a few games to run properly. EXE patches, full fledged overhaul/mods, etc.. Hell, the Jagged Alliance series is completely fubar to even run the Steam platform and needed "No CD" cracks to finally work. Not sure how that title even got approved. Then there's the issue of games being borked on various resolutions.

What Microsoft has done well with their own games/app store is One Click Installs.. It works as well as any console now. Now it just needs their full attention.

Last edited:
System Name Firelance.
Processor Threadripper 3960X
Motherboard ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming
Cooling IceGem 360 + 6x Arctic Cooling P12
Memory 8x 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Ventus 2X OC
Storage 2TB WD SN850X (boot), 4TB Crucial P3 (data)
Display(s) 3x AOC Q32E2N (32" 2560x1440 75Hz)
Case Enthoo Pro II Server Edition (Closed Panel) + 6 fans
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 2 Platinum 760W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
Only reason I have the stupid Bethesda launcher installed is so I can run the Creation Kit. YES TO MOD FALLOUT 4 YOU HAVE TO INSTALL A LAUNCHER WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT???

I'm pretty sure the only reason Beth is trying to foist their shitty launcher on us is because they're greedy fucks who don't appreciate Valve taking a cut. But, you know, maybe if they want to be an alternative to Steam, they should try to make their launcher not be a steaming pile of shit? IDK man, I get these wacky ideas sometimes.

Bethesda: take your launcher and stick it where the sun don't shine. And while you're at it, do some curatorship of your mod store thing that is basically 90% rehosted Nexus Mods content stolen by others.

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Case Corsair C70
Software Win 10 Pro
Only reason I have the stupid Bethesda launcher installed is so I can run the Creation Kit. YES TO MOD FALLOUT 4 YOU HAVE TO INSTALL A LAUNCHER WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT???

I'm pretty sure the only reason Beth is trying to foist their shitty launcher on us is because they're greedy fucks who don't appreciate Valve taking a cut. But, you know, maybe if they want to be an alternative to Steam, they should try to make their launcher not be a steaming pile of shit? IDK man, I get these wacky ideas sometimes.

Bethesda: take your launcher and stick it where the sun don't shine. And while you're at it, do some curatorship of your mod store thing that is basically 90% rehosted Nexus Mods content stolen by others.

Same here, but as I pointed out, I think it's more to do with the Creation Kit's need to upload to Xbox and PS4 platforms. So they had to integrate to a central place like Beth.net

I don't understand the anger over a launcher of all things though.

And I don't understand how it's a piece of shit. It's pretty straightforward. What's a piece of shit is their website.

The thing is, Steam is used by many publishers. Battle.net only by Blizzard. So, with Steam you play endless supply of games, with Battle.net, onl whatever Blizzard churned out. That's the huge difference.

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000
I'm another one who doesn't want all these launchers. Why does every publisher need their own launcher? It's always a little upsetting when a game I may otherwise be interested in isn't available on Steam, and only some other platform, like Origin. Steam was the first platform of its kind, and many of us signed up for it thousands of internet years ago. We like it there and don't need 10 more accounts/platforms to keep track of.

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Case Corsair C70
Software Win 10 Pro
The thing is, Steam is used by many publishers. Battle.net only by Blizzard. So, with Steam you play endless supply of games, with Battle.net, onl whatever Blizzard churned out. That's the huge difference.

Blizz already had their teaming systems with Diablo and such long ago and already had Battle.net gamer names.. so they probably just decided to stick with the in-house app as time went on. There's probably no easy way to migrate any of that to a third party like Steam... that you can't even manage or control. Not to mention World of Warcraft came out circa 2004-ish. A mere year after Steam released. There was no reason for them to think of using any other platform when these games came out. And now that they established it, no reason to adjust either. People are going to buy Blizzard games no matter what.

Last edited:
System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX B660-I
Cooling Stock Intel Cooler
Memory 2x16GB DDR5 5600 Corsair
Video Card(s) Dell RTX 3080
Storage 1x 512GB Mmoment PCIe 3 NVME 1x 2TB Corsair S70
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply 750W Cooler Master sfx
Software Windows 11
Soon ill need a second SSD just for the launchers and 32gb of ram because the launchers are too busy eating up system resources :p

I want it to be centralized for my convenience. Having Gog Galaxy was already pushing it for me after having steam. Either go back to the old days were I just install a game and that is that, or keep 1 platform.

Actually, just make it the old way - install a game and that is that. And then let us choose our own program like Nvidia game center or whatever its called, to centralize it. I know, never going to happen as it wont give them billions of $$ in revenue for not using their services, but a man can dream.

System Name Personal / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5900x / i5-4460
Motherboard Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming 4 /ASRock Z87 Extreme4
Cooling Corsair H100i / stock HSF
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 / 8GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) EVGA XC3 Ultra RTX 3080Ti / EVGA RTX 3060 XC
Storage 500GB Pro 970, 250 GB SSD, 1TB & 500GB Western Digital / 2x 4TB & 1x 8TB WD Red, 2TB SSD & 4TB SSD
Display(s) Dell - S3220DGF 32" LED Curved QHD FreeSync Monitor / 50" LCD TV
Case CoolerMaster HAF XB Evo / CM HAF XB Evo
Audio Device(s) Logitech G35 headset
Power Supply 850W SeaSonic X Series / 750W SeaSonic X Series
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Microsoft Natural Elite Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 / Windows 10 Pro 64
Soon ill need a second SSD just for the launchers and 32gb of ram because the launchers are too busy eating up system resources :p

I want it to be centralized for my convenience. Having Gog Galaxy was already pushing it for me after having steam. Either go back to the old days were I just install a game and that is that, or keep 1 platform.

Actually, just make it the old way - install a game and that is that. And then let us choose our own program like Nvidia game center or whatever its called, to centralize it. I know, never going to happen as it wont give them billions of $$ in revenue for not using their services, but a man can dream.

I have Uplay, Origin and GoG Galaxy - along with Steam - on my computer. None of my launchers are setup to startup automatically. Here's my utilization of these launchers in order from least to most:

4) Origin - Last time I opened this launcher was about 3 months ago to check for an "on the house" game. Since they don't do this anymore, I'll probably never open the app again
3) Uplay - it gets used more than I think at times, but only for a few series such as Assassin's Creed/FarCry/Tom Clancy games. I have yet to actually purchase any game directly through Uplay.
2) GoG Galaxy - Uplay and Galaxy kind of trade blows in how often they're used. I do enjoy the Galaxy application, it's not very intrusive, easy to navigate and they're improving upon it all the time.
1) Steam - I open it almost daily, even if I'm not gaming. I generally use the (old, not the new shitty UI they pushed out) chat feature to bug some buddies or younger brother if I need to talk to them.

At least with Steam (I haven't looked into Galaxy if they do something similar) I can link non-Steam games in a shortcut so I can have all my games in one, easy to use location.

I personally don't need any other launchers. I used to fight with the NCSoft launcher program some years back when Aion came out. I'm not a big fan of all the launchers developers are throwing out. I can understand why companies would want to move away from Steam so they don't have to give Steam any kind of revenue from their sales, but it'll be hard to break users of what they like or are used to using.

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Case Corsair C70
Software Win 10 Pro

That's one big reason why I wish Microsoft took a leading role. The "launcher", so to speak, is just Windows itself. And their it automatically recognizes a game and enables Xbox/Gamebar features regardless of where it came from.

OneMoar

There is Always Moar
System Name RPC MK2.5
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Pro V2
Cooling Enermax ETX-T50RGB
Memory CL16 BL2K16G36C16U4RL 3600 1:1 micron e-die
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE RTX 3070 Ti GAMING OC
Storage ADATA SX8200PRO NVME 512GB, Intel 545s 500GBSSD, ADATA SU800 SSD, 3TB Spinner
Display(s) LG Ultra Gear 32 1440p 165hz Dell 1440p 75hz
Case Phanteks P300 /w 300A front panel conversion
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus+ Platinum 750W
Mouse Kone burst Pro
Keyboard EVGA Z15
Software Windows 11 +startisallback
I am not sure this even matters the game looks wholy disappointing with its MMO schlick
but enough with everybody wants a piece of the distribution pie

System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro

I agree that that would be the best possible solution, but I don't see that ever happening, sadly. Valve is too rich and has too strong a grip on the market, and all the other publishers are too insular and protective of their own profits to ever consider cooperation like this. Can you imagine EA openly embracing other publishers? That would be the day hell freezes over, for sure. Don't think Activision will be far ahead of them either.

Never did like that excuse from companies when it came to PC gaming.

The real problem is, people that do this lack a moral compass and no excuse they can come up with can justify their actions of pirating a game/movie/music.

I've purchased some real lemons back in the day for PC games. Take the game Mistmare for example.....gawd awful. I tore through the first two Gothic games and when I saw Mistmare on the shelf and looked it over, it resembled Gothic in the images/artwork on the box. Got home, installed the game and tried so hard to play it for 3-4 hours, but the controls were horrid, graphics were below Gothic graphics and the story was rather bland. I put the game back in the box and I haven't opened it since.

That horrible experience with Mistmare didn't turn me to pirating games just because I felt ripped off for the $30 (or whatever I paid) the game cost me. I continued to buy games I wanted to play and I still do that to this day.

As for Bethesda wanting to force people to another launcher specifically for their game....maybe they should look into something that provides access to the game from multiple launchers, but offer some extra incentives for those that purchase the game from their Bethesda.net. Something like in game bonus items or offering a small weekly/monthly gift of whatever cash based coins required for purchases.
Hm. I guess making snarky comments on the Internet has become more difficult with time. You apparently need me to clarify: I responded to comments along the lines of "I wish we could just install our games like back in the day." Piracy is, ironically, the only method of straight-up installing most games today, as messed up as that is. The comment was pointing out how messed up that is, but I suppose that went a few yards above your head. Sorry about that. (Not that I'm interested in discussing piracy whatsoever - it's a non-issue, IMO - but I haven't pirated a game since I was in my teens. Steam (and the advent of pay-what-you-want game bundles!) has a large part of the honor for this, sadly. Now I instead have a game backlog I'll never catch up on. Yay. Really don't need to pirate games.)