• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cryptocoin Value and Market Trend Discussion

System Name money pit..
Processor Intel 9900K 4.8 at 1.152 core voltage minus 0.120 offset
Motherboard Asus rog Strix Z370-F Gaming
Cooling Dark Rock TF air cooler.. Stock vga air coolers with case side fans to help cooling..
Memory 32 gb corsair vengeance 3200
Video Card(s) Palit Gaming Pro OC 2080TI
Storage 150 nvme boot drive partition.. 1T Sandisk sata.. 1T Transend sata.. 1T 970 evo nvme m 2..
Display(s) 27" Asus PG279Q ROG Swift 165Hrz Nvidia G-Sync, IPS.. 2560x1440..
Case Gigabyte mid-tower.. cheap and nothing special..
Audio Device(s) onboard sounds with stereo amp..
Power Supply EVGA 850 watt..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
Benchmark Scores Firestike 29500.. timepsy 14000..
Well, it has been delayed already, we still got roughly 8 more months or so of mining ETH.

I am switching my ERGO machine over to ETH by at least the weekend (I gotta replace thermalpads on two Zotac's as they are trash) in order to increase my earnings in it. I may switch all rigs over. But RVN halving in January may prevent me from wanting to switch all rigs over...

if eth really does start to go up so will the price of GPUs.. the whole thing will be limited only by the availability of suitable hardware to mine with..

interesting times..

trog

System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX B660-I
Cooling Stock Intel Cooler
Memory 2x16GB DDR5 5600 Corsair
Video Card(s) Dell RTX 3080
Storage 1x 512GB Mmoment PCIe 3 NVME 1x 2TB Corsair S70
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply 750W Cooler Master sfx
Software Windows 11
if eth really does start to go up so will the price of GPUs.. the whole thing will be limited only by the availability of suitable hardware to mine with..

interesting times..

trog
As a note, which I Am looking at - Nvidia RTX A2000 will get you ~30MHs at about 80W if you can find one. RTX A4000 will get you about 60MHs.

System Name -aLiEn beaTs-
Processor Intel i7 11700kf @ 5.055Ghz
Motherboard MSI Z490 Unify
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro RGB
Memory G.skill Royal Silver 4400 cl17 @ 4403mhz
Video Card(s) Zotac GTX 980TI AMP!Omega Factory OC 1418MHz
Storage Intel SSD 330, Crucial SSD MX300 & MX500
Display(s) Samsung C24FG73 144HZ
Case CoolerMaster HAF 932 USB3.0
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Titanium HD @ 2.1 Bose acoustimass 5
Power Supply CoolerMaster 850W v2 gold atx 2.52
Mouse Razer viper 8k
Keyboard Logitech G19s
Software Windows 11 Pro 21h2 64Bit
Benchmark Scores ► ♪♫♪♩♬♫♪♭
Hi,

What about pi?

Any news when it will actually be worth something. Some friend said apparently it will be 5$. I have 1200 now.. but kind of doubt it,I would be ok with 2$ too, would buy a new gpu with that, this 980ti is very old in the tooth xD

System Name money pit..
Cooling Dark Rock TF air cooler.. Stock vga air coolers with case side fans to help cooling..
Storage 150 nvme boot drive partition.. 1T Sandisk sata.. 1T Transend sata.. 1T 970 evo nvme m 2..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
bitcoin is at 63K and currently going sideways.. eth is at 4.1K and doing the same..

the rapid upwards momentum seems to have paused.. at least for a while..

trog

Do not be surprised about btc price rising, is normal at this time, manipulators are following a pattern here and will keep for sometime yet, top and the hehell crash is closer and closer, my prediction still stands since july 2020, btc top will be around 79k - 89k and then crash below 10k and then rebound to 15k and stay there for next 3 to 5 years.

System Name money pit..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
Do not be surprised about btc price rising, is normal at this time, manipulators are following a pattern here and will keep for sometime yet, top and the hehell crash is closer and closer, my prediction still stands since july 2020, btc top will be around 79k - 89k and then crash below 10k and then rebound to 15k and stay there for next 3 to 5 years.

so when it crashes from 89K down to 15K we just sit on it for 4 years and it will be back up 20x and at 300K does this sound about right to you.. ??

then of course the next time it crashes from 300K down to 50K we repeat the process.. sit on it for 4 years and watch it get up to 20x 50K which would be one million..

i dont think this will happen i think we are gonna reach the 1 million a bit sooner than 8 years but if it did happen it it still seems like a pretty good long term investment to me.. he he..

the logic behind "sell your bitcoin cos its gonna crash" seems to bit flawed to me.. :)

trog

ps.. of course the real way to get very rich would be to buy a good crystal ball.. sell at the cycle peak.. sit on the profits until the next cycle low and buy back in.. i do wish i had done this the last time around.. he he..

Last edited:
Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
ps.. of course the real way to get very rich would be to buy a good crystal ball.. sell at the cycle peak.. sit on the profits until the next cycle low and buy back in.. i do wish i had done this the last time around.. he he..

Yeah, about those crystal balls, I threw mine in the trash a few months back. Doubt is a healthy thing, I've learned. :D One day at a time seems like a good stance nowadays.

Well, you've changed your numbers with every other post so I'm sure SOME part of the predictions might even stick somewhere before 2100. Good job! Can you send me one of those six dozen crystal balls you have there? Mine is gone.

the logic behind "sell your bitcoin cos its gonna crash" seems to bit flawed to me.. :)
There is no logic in gambling.

so when it crashes from 89K down to 15K we just sit on it for 4 years and it will be back up 20x and at 300K does this sound about right to you.. ??

then of course the next time it crashes from 300K down to 50K we repeat the process.. sit on it for 4 years and watch it get up to 20x 50K which would be one million..

i dont think this will happen i think we are gonna reach the 1 million a bit sooner than 8 years but if it did happen it it still seems like a pretty good long term investment to me.. he he..

trog

BTC is still limited, not sure if it will change or not but as far back as 2009 to this date still capped at 21 million. So as everything in life, limited products keep the value or increase in fiat value because more and more fiat currency is printed every time they need. As every crypto cycle follows a manipulative pattern since 2010, it rises too much and crashes too much and this time will be no different, but every time btc's price keep a lot more valued than it was hence what I said "limited", my point is, since 2011, btc has increased a lot and then always crashed 80% to 99%. So regardless how much btc rises this time around, expect a 80 to 99% crash. Also when I say crypto is the wild west market simply means manipulation, why crypto always crash 80 to 99%? why doesn't it keep the value? why it rises too much? why it crashes too much? That is all about manipulation, pay attention, you can earn a lot of money or lose a lot of money and in the end crypto is still speculative, it can die anytime, look at china, how many times btc has been banned in china and every time the government is taking larger actions than before. This is the first time they ban mining in china of larger companies, next time who knows what will happen.

I always say to people to buy and sell, hold long term is bad because you can earn thousands times more if you buy and sell, nothing against people holding long term, they will be winning as long as the project keep its 2009 idea intact but not as much as the people who buy and sell.

Well, you've changed your numbers with every other post so I'm sure SOME part of the predictions might even stick somewhere before 2100. Good job! Can you send me one of those six dozen crystal balls you have there? Mine is gone.

No, I did not, I have posts stating about it, just check my previous posts in this thread. I always said the 100k bs will not hit this time, sheeps think it will go to 200k or 300k. I just dont think manipulators will take btc to more than 79 - 89k this time, the 100k mindset is a trap for this cycle around.

Last edited:
Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
BTC is still limited, not sure if it will change or not but as far back as 2009 to this date still capped at 21 million. So as everything in life, limited products keep the value or increase in fiat value because more and more fiat currency is printed every time they need. As every crypto cycle follows a manipulative pattern since 2010, it rises too much and crashes too much and this time will be no different, but every time btc's price keep a lot more valued than it was hence what I said "limited", my point is, since 2011, btc has increased a lot and then always crashed 80% to 99%. So regardless how much btc rises this time around, expect a 80 to 99% crash. Also when I say crypto is the wild west market simply means manipulation, why crypto always crash 80 to 99%? why doesn't it keep the value? why it rises too much? why it crashes too much? That is all about manipulation, pay attention, you can earn a lot of money or lose a lot of money and in the end crypto is still speculative, it can die anytime, look at china, how many times btc has t been banned in china and every time the government is taking larger actions than before. This is the first time they ban mining in china of larger companies, next time who knows what will happen.

I always say to people to buy and sell, hold long term is bad because you can earn thousands times more if you buy and sell, nothing against people holding long term, they will be winning as long as the project keep its 2009 idea intact but not as much as the people who buy and sell.

No, I did not, I have posts stating about it, just check my previous posts in this thread.

The reason it fluctuates is because the coins are not tied to the real economy in any sensible way. The only ties that exist, exist in people's heads and the far and few places where you can actually use it to pay for things - even though nobody in their right mind ever would, because you could have lost a fortune tomorrow. The name you attribute to that... criminal networks, china farms, manipulating whales... is irrelevant. The core of this whole project is the fact crypto is floating on an idea, not on a direct tie with the real economy, with real people, real companies producing real goods requiring real resources. Those real things usually correct the market proper and in crypto they are absent. But those dreams and ideas can reach any high or low the collective wants.

Its gambling. The pattern you've seen for 10 years can end tomorrow.

bitcoin is at 63K and currently going sideways.. eth is at 4.1K and doing the same..

BTC came down a bit before leveling off, Eth has been more or less holding steady. Very strange..

System Name Office
Processor Ryzen 5600G
Motherboard ASUS B450M-A II
Cooling be quiet! Shadow Rock LP
Memory 16GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RX 5600 XT
Storage PNY CS1030 250GB, Crucial MX500 2TB
Display(s) Dell S2719DGF
Case Fractal Define 7 Compact
Power Supply EVGA 550 G3
Mouse Logitech M705 Marthon
Keyboard Logitech G410
Software Windows 10 Pro 22H2
BTC came down a bit before leveling off, Eth has been more or less holding steady. Very strange..

What's the threshold for a holding value to become strange (not a rhetorical question)? LC and RF have posted some charts showing trends and patterns, but it still seems to me that the only thing predictable about BTC/ETH values is that they're unpredictable, in a rather literal sense. Especially over a timescale of hours, days, or even weeks.

It's not, eth has a fork coming up next week. So reason eth is rising with btc, usually yes, eth crashes or stays the same when btc is going up.

System Name money pit..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
bitcoin and eth have come down some more.. bitcoin now at 60K with eth just below 4K..

not quite what people expected but it will either go back up or go down lower.. if it goes lower some panic selling may occur and it may go down to 55K or so..

i think it will hold at 60K but i could be wrong nothing is certain.. :)

trog

so when it crashes from 89K down to 15K we just sit on it for 4 years and it will be back up 20x
That cycle/span has considerably shortened in part because actual billionaires are pumping money into crypto as well as banks(?) ETF, possibly some govt as well. Not to mention in the allure of making a quick buck pretty much anyone who has some knowledge of crypto tries to dip their toe in this miasma. Don't be surprised if some of the (lesser known) coins go up 1000x in mere days & tank 1000x almost immediately thereafter.

The issue with BTC or ETH is slightly different, now their upside is mostly capped, I mean those mega booms or bust & that is because the wealthiest & most powerful have taken a really keen interest in them. And everyone knows you don't mess with the rich, unless you have dragons :D

bitcoin and eth have come down some more.. bitcoin now at 60K with eth just below 4K..

not quite what people expected but it will either go back up or go down lower.. if it goes lower some panic selling may occur and it may go down to 55K or so..

i think it will hold at 60K but i could be wrong nothing is certain.. :)

trog

Well the manipulators have done the objective of getting through 64.8k which was the previous ath, that means now it will crash a bit then back up and start going up again, however it will be a time where it will not be going up again and sheeps will think it will and that is when they will lose as btc will crumble and crumble even more and that will be the start of "hehell crash", yeah I dont see btc going lower than 55k right now and then sideways till manipulators restart again the price rise, the question now is when will it crash hard, december or january?, in 2013 it was december, in 2018 was january, manipulators need to rise this fast because many smart investors are going to be soon selling all their accumulated coins past 2 years and that is a lot, usually manipulators decide the top and then crash the market 40% in few minutes.

System Name money pit..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
Well the manipulators have done the objective of getting through 64.8k which was the previous ath, that means now it will crash a bit then back up and start going up again, however it will be a time where it will not be going up again and sheeps will think it will and that is when they will lose as btc will crumble and crumble even more and that will be the start of "hehell crash", yeah I dont see btc going lower than 55k right now and then sideways till manipulators restart again the price rise, the question now is when will it crash hard, december or january?, in 2013 it was december, in 2018 was january, manipulators need to rise this fast because many smart investors are going to be soon selling all their accumulated coins past 2 years and that is a lot, usually manipulators decide the top and then crash the market 40% in few minutes.

i dont think the past cycles will repeat.. this cycle will be much longer and the downside if any will be less dramatic.. but that is just what i think and i could well be wrong.. :)

trog

(ue) some sort of bank/trading platform that provides apis without costs?

there's kraken, but then I need to charge the account via bank transfer

while stuff like revolut, does provide a cryptos section but doesn't provide apis for it

System Name money pit..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
sunday morning here in the UK.. things are basically going sideways at the moment with bitcoin hovering around 61K and eth at 4.1K.. not a lot happening at the moment..

some kind of move is expected.. most likely to the upside but it could go down a bit more first..

trog

System Name money pit..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
tuesday morning with things still going sideways and not much happening... bitcoin at around 63K and eth at 4.2K..

i "think" some more sideways movement may be on the cards followed by a move up.. i dont see a move down happening..

trog

Dromze

trog
The growth trend of Bitcoin and Ether will continue until December, that's for sure.:peace:

System Name KILLER
Processor Intel Core i7 4790K
Motherboard MSI Z87 G45 Gaming
Cooling Water Cooling
Memory 2x8GB Gskill 2400mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 980
Storage SSD Samsung 500GB
Display(s) 24" Asus 144hz
Case Cooler Master HAF
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Platinum
Power Supply Antec 1200 Watt Modular
Software Windows 10 64 Bit
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Vantage 51342
I have been watching AMP for a little while now and it may be about to have a run.

Just a FYI if you are interested.

Amp.PNG

System Name money pit..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
its gone very quite in here :) .. things are still going sideways with bitcoin around 62K and eth around 4.3K... it worth noting that both gained about 30% during the month of october..

i expect a move to the upside soon.. sideways is boring..

trog

ps.. tuesday morning sees a little kick upwards to 63K and 4.4K.. not a lot but at least up aint down.. :)

Last edited:
System Name Office
Processor Ryzen 5600G
Motherboard ASUS B450M-A II
Cooling be quiet! Shadow Rock LP
Memory 16GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RX 5600 XT
Storage PNY CS1030 250GB, Crucial MX500 2TB
Display(s) Dell S2719DGF
Case Fractal Define 7 Compact
Power Supply EVGA 550 G3
Mouse Logitech M705 Marthon
Keyboard Logitech G410
Software Windows 10 Pro 22H2
its gone very quite in here :) .. things are still going sideways with bitcoin around 62K and eth around 4.3K... it worth noting that both gained about 30% during the month of october..

i expect a move to the upside soon.. sideways is boring..

trog

It's possible. I'm getting served a lot of crypto-related ads on YT. That can mean that people still think there's growth potential, or they're trying to squeeze some money out of the market because they suspect a downturn. Unsurprisingly, that still boils down to, "We don't effin' know". At least I sure don't.

System Name daily driver Mac mini M2 Pro
Processor Apple Silicon M2 Pro (6 p-cores, 4 e-cores)
Motherboard Apple proprietary
Cooling Apple proprietary
Memory Apple proprietary 16GB LPDDR5 unified memory
Video Card(s) Apple Silicon M2 Pro (16-core GPU)
Storage Apple proprietary 512GB SSD + various external HDDs
Display(s) LG 27UL850W (4K@60Hz IPS)
Case Apple proprietary
Audio Device(s) Apple proprietary
Power Supply Apple proprietary
Mouse Apple Magic Trackpad 2
Keyboard Keychron K1 tenkeyless (Gateron Reds)
Software macOS Ventura 13.6 (including latest patches)
Benchmark Scores (My Windows daily driver is a Beelink Mini S12. I'm not interested in benchmarking.)
It's possible. I'm getting served a lot of crypto-related ads on YT. That can mean that people still think there's growth potential, or they're trying to squeeze some money out of the market because they suspect a downturn. Unsurprisingly, that still boils down to, "We don't effin' know". At least I sure don't.
No one can accurately predict the future 100% of the time. Anyone who says they can is wrong.

No one has a crystal ball.

Cryptocurrency exchanges are no exceptions.

However, they want more transactions because they generate fees. They ultimately don't care if any given cryptocurrency goes up or down on any given day. They just want a bunch of people to buy and sell the cryptocurrency; they want active traders. They would rather have someone who buys and sells crypto 10-20 times a year rather than someone who buys once and forgets about the wallet for five years.

Same thing with mining exchanges. They just want people to mine, they don't really care about whether BTC or ETH went up 1.79% or down 0.93% in the past 24 hours. Again it's mining fees that they are interested in. No miners = no fees.

In the same way, the Apple Card that has sat unused in my desk drawer for the past two years doesn't generate MasterCard any merchant transaction fees (nor does it generate any interest for Goldman Sachs).