• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

dead space remake: same game with better graphics?

Dead Space wasn't such a great game that I would want to play it again. Is the gameplay and level design for the dead space remake exactly the same as it was for the original?

Processor i5-9600K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X
Cooling Scythe Mugen 5S
Memory Micron Ballistix Sports LT 3000 8G*4
Video Card(s) EVGA 3070 XC3 Ultra Gaming
Storage Adata SX6000 Pro 512G, Kingston A2000 1T
Display(s) Gigabyte M32Q
Case Antec DF700 Flux
Audio Device(s) Edifier C3X
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex Gold 650W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V2
Keyboard Ducky ONE 2 Horizon
Nah its different, there are already playthrough videos on youtube.
Which part of the original game did you not like about?

@joemama
I didn't like that the air vents in the original Dead Space became nothing more than monster spawning closets. The whole idea that some of those massive monsters could fit in air vents became ridiculous and even in the interstitial spaces of my old work I never saw air vents as gigantic as the ones in Dead Space. If the monsters can travel through air ducts why can't the player?

Processor i5-9600K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X
Cooling Scythe Mugen 5S
Memory Micron Ballistix Sports LT 3000 8G*4
Video Card(s) EVGA 3070 XC3 Ultra Gaming
Storage Adata SX6000 Pro 512G, Kingston A2000 1T
Display(s) Gigabyte M32Q
Case Antec DF700 Flux
Audio Device(s) Edifier C3X
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex Gold 650W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V2
Keyboard Ducky ONE 2 Horizon
Well you are still gonna face a lot of monsters crawling out of the vents in the remake so you probably won't like it

System Name daily driver Mac mini M2 Pro
Processor Apple Silicon M2 Pro (6 p-cores, 4 e-cores)
Motherboard Apple proprietary
Cooling Apple proprietary
Memory Apple proprietary 16GB LPDDR5 unified memory
Video Card(s) Apple Silicon M2 Pro (16-core GPU)
Storage Apple proprietary 512GB SSD + various external HDDs
Display(s) LG 27UL850W (4K@60Hz IPS)
Case Apple proprietary
Audio Device(s) Apple proprietary
Power Supply Apple proprietary
Mouse Apple Magic Trackpad 2
Keyboard Keychron K1 tenkeyless (Gateron Reds)
Software macOS Ventura 13.6 (including latest patches)
Benchmark Scores (My Windows daily driver is a Beelink Mini S12. I'm not interested in benchmarking.)
The remake devs did not change this aspect of the game. You cannot crawl through the air ducts.

If this is a dealbreaker, forget it. You won't be happy spending $60 for the remake of a game you didn't care for.

[Disclaimer: I have not played the remade game however I have watched a lot of hours of streamers playing it.]

System Name Firelance.
Processor Threadripper 3960X
Motherboard ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming
Cooling IceGem 360 + 6x Arctic Cooling P12
Memory 8x 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Ventus 2X OC
Storage 2TB WD SN850X (boot), 4TB Crucial P3 (data)
Display(s) 3x AOC Q32E2N (32" 2560x1440 75Hz)
Case Enthoo Pro II Server Edition (Closed Panel) + 6 fans
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 2 Platinum 760W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
System Name Space Station
Processor Intel 13700K
Motherboard ASRock Z790 PG Riptide
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420
Memory Corsair Vengeance 6400 2x16GB @ CL34
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4080
Storage SSDs - Nextorage 4TB, Samsung EVO 970 500GB, Plextor M5Pro 128GB, HDDs - WD Black 6TB, 2x 1TB
Display(s) LG C3 OLED 42"
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V371
Power Supply SeaSonic Vertex 1200w Gold
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
Software Windows 11 Pro 23H2
@joemama
I didn't like that the air vents in the original Dead Space became nothing more than monster spawning closets. The whole idea that some of those massive monsters could fit in air vents became ridiculous and even in the interstitial spaces of my old work I never saw air vents as gigantic as the ones in Dead Space. If the monsters can travel through air ducts why can't the player?

Then that kills any Dead Space games for you, and probably any Doom or similar such games, your loss. In fact, I suspect a LOT of games that require the normal amount of suspension of disbelief would be off putting to someone that want's to be pedantic on an ad nauseam level.

Point being, there is FAR more to Dead Space than the way monsters travel through the maps, and sometimes, ones like Pregnants will just creep the hell out of you by how quietly they can approach you from behind while you're busy with others that are screaming at you.

Are you going to avoid any Alien games as well because the Xenomorphs crawl through ceiling vents? There are TONs of clever game design features of Dead Space, including the way health and stasis levels are displayed, the use of mining tools vs typical weapons, severing sharp limbs and tossing them back at them like spears to conserve ammo, and the way zero g is implemented. Maybe just get lost in the gameplay a bit instead of focusing on what doesn't seem realistic to you. I find it really strange anyone that would be drawn to such a game in the first place would not be willing to suspend disbelief much, because the main theme of the game is about as sci fi as it gets.

Taking away vent usage from monsters would be a nonsense thing to omit in a remake though, because it's one of the main combat pillars that puts the necromorphs on a level playing field with the player, otherwise he becomes an overpowered one man army. Monster vent access is one of the core things in the game that keeps you looking at every wall and ceiling, and anticipating where to position yourself, even when you know a big battle is about to happen. Removing that would literally ruin the game.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard AsRock X670E Phantom Gaming Lightning
Cooling Be Quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB (2 x 16GB)
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX
Storage Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Crucial P3 NVMe M.2 2TB
Display(s) LG OLED55G2PUA
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG Certified
Audio Device(s) Digital out to high end dac and amps.
Power Supply EVGA GQ 1000W
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Logitech G413 Carbon
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Rift S, Quest 2, Quest 3
Software Windows 10 Pro
I played the original and over 3/4 through the re-release. Its not only a visual upgrade over the first but the game adds more features. Its without a doubt a great improvement over the original but monsters will crash through those grates. If jump scares are not your thing, then Dead Space isn't for you.

$60 for improvements to a game I've already played doesn't seem worth it. They didn't even add RTX effects. If it was a sequel or a different setting in the Dead Space universe then I might bite.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
$60 for improvements to a game I've already played doesn't seem worth it. They didn't even add RTX effects. If it was a sequel or a different setting in the Dead Space universe then I might bite.
But that's the thing, it ISN'T worth it at that price. Maybe at 15 bucks. I mean, its a graphics update.

I played Dead Space 3 times now, the later parts just once. The first one is really as good as third person horror gets imho. The later installments remove a lot of the suspense by giving you way too many weapons and ammo, part 3 taking the cake with full customization options. Fun, but totally removes the scare.

System Name Good enough
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7900 - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Motherboard ASRock B650 Pro RS
Cooling 2x 360mm NexXxoS ST30 X-Flow, 1x 360mm NexXxoS ST30, 1x 240mm NexXxoS ST30
Memory 32GB - FURY Beast RGB 5600 Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7900 XT - Alphacool Eisblock Aurora
Storage 1x Kingston KC3000 1TB 1x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB , 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 32GN650-B + 4K Samsung TV
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
It's not just some lazy remaster, they did rework pretty much everything, I will give them that, that being said 60$ is too much, there isn't that much content.

System Name I don't name my systems.
Processor i3-12100F 'power limit removed/-130mV undervolt'
Motherboard Asus Prime B660-PLUS D4
Cooling ID-Cooling SE 224 XT ARGB V3 'CPU', 4x Be Quiet! Light Wings + 2x Arctic P12 black case fans.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TuF V2 RTX 3060 Ti @1920 MHz Core/950mV Undervolt
Storage 4 TB WD Red, 1 TB Silicon Power A55 Sata, 1 TB Kingston A2000 NVMe, 256 GB Adata Spectrix s40g NVMe
Display(s) 29" 2560x1080 75 Hz / LG 29WK600-W
Case Be Quiet! Pure Base 500 FX Black
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Hama uRage SoundZ 900+USB DAC
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM 500W 80+ Gold
Mouse Canyon Puncher GM-20
Keyboard SPC Gear GK630K Tournament 'Kailh Brown'
Software Windows 10 Pro
Then that kills any Dead Space games for you, and probably any Doom or similar such games, your loss. In fact, I suspect a LOT of games that require the normal amount of suspension of disbelief would be off putting to someone that want's to be pedantic on an ad nauseam level.

Point being, there is FAR more to Dead Space than the way monsters travel through the maps, and sometimes, ones like Pregnants will just creep the hell out of you by how quietly they can approach you from behind while you're busy with others that are screaming at you.

Are you going to avoid any Alien games as well because the Xenomorphs crawl through ceiling vents? There are TONs of clever game design features of Dead Space, including the way health and stasis levels are displayed, the use of mining tools vs typical weapons, severing sharp limbs and tossing them back at them like spears to conserve ammo, and the way zero g is implemented. Maybe just get lost in the gameplay a bit instead of focusing on what doesn't seem realistic to you. I find it really strange anyone that would be drawn to such a game in the first place would not be willing to suspend disbelief much, because the main theme of the game is about as sci fi as it gets.

Taking away vent usage from monsters would be a nonsense thing to omit in a remake though, because it's one of the main combat pillars that puts the necromorphs on a level playing field with the player, otherwise he becomes an overpowered one man army. Monster vent access is one of the core things in the game that keeps you looking at every wall and ceiling, and anticipating where to position yourself, even when you know a big battle is about to happen. Removing that would literally ruin the game.

Yea I also find it kinda weird when someone is bothered by 'not realistic' parts in a game when the entire game is a fiction not based on reality.
Its like when I was playing a fantasy themed MMO and a friend of mine kept complaining how unrealistic certain character's weapons are cause there is no way they would be able to wield those.
Meanwhile the game had dragons and all kind of magic in it but apparently that was okay.:laugh:

I've also finished every Dead Space game in the past, I'm not a big horror fan but Dead Space 1+2 was great imo.
Don't think the remaster worths the full price but at a later point when its cheaper I'm sure will play it. 'or if its added to gamepass ultimate at some point since I have it active till 2023 december'

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
@joemama
Because there's monsters in there? :D

System Name Nebulon-B Mk. 4
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 24 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 7800 XT
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 single-core: 1,800, multi-core: 18,000. Superposition 1080p Extreme: 9,900.
I've just started playing the original Dead Space just to see if it would be worth it to buy the remake.

Honestly, I don't understand the hype. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice enough game, but nothing special. The story is quite basic and predictable (so far), the enemies are okay, the main characters are normal human beings with not so much personality to them, and the controls are a bit more clunky than I'd like. Everything I do feels heavy and numb. I'm not a CS:GO competitor by far, by the way. The horror element focuses on way too much blood, dark hallways and jump scares (which are more annoying than scary in my opinion), which is again: fine, but nothing special.

The level design on the other hand, is something I don't quite understand. Sure, you need those creepy, crawly hallways to add to the horror element, but honestly, who the hell would design a spaceship like that? Why do you have to walk through a labyrinth just to get to the diagnostic department of the hospital wing? And what's with the gaping open chasm in maintenance? It doesn't make sense!

The only thing that makes the game unique is the ability (and need) to dismember enemies to cripple and kill them. There have been a few times when I cut the legs or head of a monster off and thought it was dead until it crept up on me. Now that's quite innovative! I'm just not sure it's something you can build a whole game around.

As of now, I'm starting Chapter 3, and if I had to score it now, I'd give it 6/10. I'll probably buy the remake at some point, once it gets below ÂŁ10 in a discount, because as I said: it's a nice game, just nothing special.

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
It's remade in frostbite, it is better and different enough that if you liked e first game you will like it.
And it supports RT ambient occlusion.

It does look way better than the original though the original for it's time wasn't bad.

System Name Firelance.
Processor Threadripper 3960X
Motherboard ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming
Cooling IceGem 360 + 6x Arctic Cooling P12
Memory 8x 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Ventus 2X OC
Storage 2TB WD SN850X (boot), 4TB Crucial P3 (data)
Display(s) 3x AOC Q32E2N (32" 2560x1440 75Hz)
Case Enthoo Pro II Server Edition (Closed Panel) + 6 fans
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 2 Platinum 760W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
I've just started playing the original Dead Space just to see if it would be worth it to buy the remake.

Honestly, I don't understand the hype. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice enough game, but nothing special. The story is quite basic and predictable (so far), the enemies are okay, the main characters are normal human beings with not so much personality to them, and the controls are a bit more clunky than I'd like. Everything I do feels heavy and numb. I'm not a CS:GO competitor by far, by the way. The horror element focuses on way too much blood, dark hallways and jump scares (which are more annoying than scary in my opinion), which is again: fine, but nothing special.

The level design on the other hand, is something I don't quite understand. Sure, you need those creepy, crawly hallways to add to the horror element, but honestly, who the hell would design a spaceship like that? Why do you have to walk through a labyrinth just to get to the diagnostic department of the hospital wing? And what's with the gaping open chasm in maintenance? It doesn't make sense!

The only thing that makes the game unique is the ability (and need) to dismember enemies to cripple and kill them. There have been a few times when I cut the legs or head of a monster off and thought it was dead until it crept up on me. Now that's quite innovative! I'm just not sure it's something you can build a whole game around.

As of now, I'm starting Chapter 3, and if I had to score it now, I'd give it 6/10. I'll probably buy the remake at some point, once it gets below ÂŁ10 in a discount, because as I said: it's a nice game, just nothing special.
You're viewing a game from 2008 through the lens of 2023. That's always going to be unfair.

> The story is quite basic and predictable (so far)

Stick it out, things become a lot more interesting as you progress further.

> Everything I do feels heavy and numb.

That's intentional. You're wearing an armoured exosuit, in real life armour makes you heavy and slow. Which adds to the atmosphere by forcing you to be careful about how you explore because if an enemy jumps you, you may not be able to get away in good time.

> The horror element focuses on way too much blood, dark hallways and jump scares (which are more annoying than scary in my opinion), which is again: fine, but nothing special.

You've played enough horror games to be inured to that sort of thing, most people haven't. Plus again: 2008.

> The level design on the other hand, is something I don't quite understand. Sure, you need those creepy, crawly hallways to add to the horror element, but honestly, who the hell would design a spaceship like that? Why do you have to walk through a labyrinth just to get to the diagnostic department of the hospital wing?

The normal routes in the ship are locked down in an attempt to keep out the enemies/damaged/destroyed/otherwise inaccessible. Isaac is able to work around that because, being a starship engineer, he knows his way around the bits of starships most people don't even know are there.

Starships are also huge and costly to build. Making a corridor any larger than it needs to be is more material and more cost. Especially when it's a maintenance corridor that will be used once in a blue moon.

> The only thing that makes the game unique is the ability (and need) to dismember enemies to cripple and kill them. There have been a few times when I cut the legs or head of a monster off and thought it was dead until it crept up on me. Now that's quite innovative! I'm just not sure it's something you can build a whole game around.

It's a completely different mechanic to the standard Resident Evil shoot-and-run-away that was the norm in the horror game genre at that time, so it was pretty refreshing. It's also one of, if not the first actually practical use of physics to improve gameplay; until then physics had generally been a gimmick. And on higher difficulties where ammunition is scarce, using this mechanic is a necessity to survive.

System Name Nebulon-B Mk. 4
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 24 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 7800 XT
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 single-core: 1,800, multi-core: 18,000. Superposition 1080p Extreme: 9,900.
You're viewing a game from 2008 through the lens of 2023. That's always going to be unfair.
I wouldn't think so. I like old games. Half-Life is one of my old time favourites that I can replay any time. :) It's only that Dead Space doesn't show (or rather: so far hasn't shown) me a lot more that I hadn't seen as of 2008. Still, it's a good game for its age, just I wouldn't say it's something revolutionary besides the use of physics.

> The story is quite basic and predictable (so far)

Stick it out, things become a lot more interesting as you progress further.
Okay, will do. :)

> Everything I do feels heavy and numb.

That's intentional. You're wearing an armoured exosuit, in real life armour makes you heavy and slow. Which adds to the atmosphere by forcing you to be careful about how you explore because if an enemy jumps you, you may not be able to get away in good time.
Fair enough. It's also small things like melee attack is the same mouse button as shooting a gun by default, which is confusing as heck. I've nearly died a few times because I forgot to aim before I clicked the mouse and Isaac went into a useless slow-mo arm swing instead of shooting at the baddies. The mouse sensitivity also feels kind of wrong at every setting.

> The horror element focuses on way too much blood, dark hallways and jump scares (which are more annoying than scary in my opinion), which is again: fine, but nothing special.

You've played enough horror games to be inured to that sort of thing, most people haven't. Plus again: 2008.
I actually haven't - I'm not a horror fan. It's just that these are typical horror elements that you see everywhere. As the saying goes: you've seen it once, you've seen it all.

> The level design on the other hand, is something I don't quite understand. Sure, you need those creepy, crawly hallways to add to the horror element, but honestly, who the hell would design a spaceship like that? Why do you have to walk through a labyrinth just to get to the diagnostic department of the hospital wing?

The normal routes in the ship are locked down in an attempt to keep out the enemies/damaged/destroyed/otherwise inaccessible. Isaac is able to work around that because, being a starship engineer, he knows his way around the bits of starships most people don't even know are there.
I would accept this explanation if the ship was full of locked doors, but it isn't. The only few locked doors I've come across lead to offices and secret areas filled with consumables, not shortcuts. The empty, twisty hallways are just that: empty, twisty hallways. Nobody in their right mind would put them in a space ship where space is extremely restricted.

Edit 2:
Just to illustrate what I mean, here's the map of Chapter 2 with empty pockets around twisty corridors marked:
dead-space-ch2-log2-map_mod.jpg

And here's how it could be a lot more efficient for a more believable space ship:
dead-space-ch2-log2-map_fixed.jpg

See what I mean?

Starships are also huge and costly to build. Making a corridor any larger than it needs to be is more material and more cost. Especially when it's a maintenance corridor that will be used once in a blue moon.
Exactly my point.

> The only thing that makes the game unique is the ability (and need) to dismember enemies to cripple and kill them. There have been a few times when I cut the legs or head of a monster off and thought it was dead until it crept up on me. Now that's quite innovative! I'm just not sure it's something you can build a whole game around.

It's a completely different mechanic to the standard Resident Evil shoot-and-run-away that was the norm in the horror game genre at that time, so it was pretty refreshing. It's also one of, if not the first actually practical use of physics to improve gameplay; until then physics had generally been a gimmick. And on higher difficulties where ammunition is scarce, using this mechanic is a necessity to survive.
I agree with that. :)

Edit: I see exactly why the physics model is a killer feature for 2008. It's only that you need to build a good game around it. If you take the physics away, then Dead Space is an average game at best (imo).

Last edited:
Storage Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Crucial P3 NVMe M.2 2TB
Mouse Logitech G600
Software Windows 10 Pro
I too was of the opinion that as much as I loved the first one, I wasn't going to spend $59.99 for a game I already played and beat, years ago. My buddy was playing the re-release and streaming for me to watch a bit, I argued that if it was on sale, I'd consider it then. I admitted that the game looked way better, I agreed that they reworked everything including some of the gameplay but it was still not worth spending $59.99 for.

He then asked me how much I spent the past weekend to replace my old HT projector and pc monitor? I replied that I spent around $3700. To which he responded, and you are complaining about $59.99? I sat back and thought about that for a moment and then purchased the game. I must admit, they really did a fantastic job at this game. I loved the first one but this one is much better, in all ways. Definitely worth the entry fee for me.

System Name Good enough
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7900 - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Motherboard ASRock B650 Pro RS
Cooling 2x 360mm NexXxoS ST30 X-Flow, 1x 360mm NexXxoS ST30, 1x 240mm NexXxoS ST30
Memory 32GB - FURY Beast RGB 5600 Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7900 XT - Alphacool Eisblock Aurora
Storage 1x Kingston KC3000 1TB 1x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB , 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 32GN650-B + 4K Samsung TV
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
He then asked me how much I spent the past weekend to replace my old HT projector and pc monitor? I replied that I spent around $3700. To which he responded, and you are complaining about $59.99? I sat back and thought about that for a moment and then purchased the game.

You just got poor shamed into buying the game.

On a serious note, it doesn't matter that you spent $3700 on a projector and monitor, depending on how many new games you play 60 dollars per new title can easily balloon into a ton of money you may not be that happy about.

I read that Isaac talks now and the background with Nicole was retconned, as well as other character behaving differently.

Mouse Logitech G600
Software Windows 10 Pro
You just got poor shamed into buying the game.

On a serious note, it doesn't matter that you spent $3700 on a projector and monitor, depending on how many new games you play 60 dollars per new title can easily balloon into a ton of money you may not be that happy about.
I spend a lot on games but rarely do I spend $59.99 or more. I play a lot of indie games. I usually save those $59.99 purchases for the few AAA games that come out that I want.

I think my buddy's point was, I was complaining specifically about spending $59.99 and he was like, dude, you spend money on shit constantly.
My point was that its the principle, I already bought the game and beat it years ago. Why should I do it again? The improvements and update in visuals really was pushing me over the edge and my buddy's comment was the last push i needed. lol What can i say? I'm weak.

I'd like to add that in this case, it was worth the cost to me. They really did a fantastic job redoing this game and it shows. I sometimes have buyers remorse but not this time.

Processor Intel 13700K
Storage SSDs - Nextorage 4TB, Samsung EVO 970 500GB, Plextor M5Pro 128GB, HDDs - WD Black 6TB, 2x 1TB
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
Yea I also find it kinda weird when someone is bothered by 'not realistic' parts in a game when the entire game is a fiction not based on reality.
Its like when I was playing a fantasy themed MMO and a friend of mine kept complaining how unrealistic certain character's weapons are cause there is no way they would be able to wield those.
Meanwhile the game had dragons and all kind of magic in it but apparently that was okay.:laugh:

I've also finished every Dead Space game in the past, I'm not a big horror fan but Dead Space 1+2 was great imo.
Don't think the remaster worths the full price but at a later point when its cheaper I'm sure will play it. 'or if its added to gamepass ultimate at some point since I have it active till 2023 december'
I got into gaming rather late in life, in my early 40s. I always thought I would only be drawn to games that have a real world feel, and I still don't play fantasy games or get into games with magic much if at all, but I have learned there are plenty other type games that have very engaging gameplay that still require suspension of disbelief to enjoy.

One of the things that's not often mentioned about Dead Space games, and something I feel they did really well, is the sound, especially the sound the monsters make. The Exploders have a very unique sound, as if they're trying to say something, and it always cracks me up. I like the Stalkers too, and the way they peek over cover is hilarious. :D

One of the things they really focused on with the Remake though is better directional sound and more realistic bodily sounds from Isaac. There's not many reviews that go into detail about it, but some insist it makes a huge difference.

Mouse Logitech G600
Software Windows 10 Pro
The audio really is something special. The ambient noises just suck me into the game.

Processor Intel 13700K
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
The audio really is something special. The ambient noises just suck me into the game.

Yeah I'm surprised more people don't talk about it. And it's not just audio from monsters or ambients, the big machine structures are given good audio too, whether it be the vent shafts you float through in zero g with big fans, the centrifuge, or the huge generators you lock into place and restart in DS3, it's all done very well.

As far as the remake goes, I get why some who've played the first game don't want to pay full price for it, but as much as we've seen negative reviews on the 3rd installment (which I feel were a bit overzealous), it's nice to finally see so many positive reviews on the remake, and I hope it will make them want to pick the series back up and continue it.

Mouse Logitech G600
Software Windows 10 Pro
I hated DS3 and only beat it because my buddy wanted to play it co op. I loved DS1 and 2 though.