• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Dell Announces New XPS Line-up: Futuristic Design, with Built-in AI

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
yeah! I was so close to buying a lenovo ideapad or thinkbook I think but so many horror stories w those and too many soldered on components and it's a hell to get into the system to do anything...

chose this because of the upgradability and better specs!! glad I did!
I've bought thousand(s) of them in the past and even though I don't buy in volume like I used to I'm glad they're still sensible options. Most people don't care about how thick or light their laptop is as long as it's not ridiculously thick or heavy. What staff ask about these days when they want advice for a personal purchase is "how many years will it last for" and "how much space does it have" and "how noisy will it be.

Nobody has ever asked me about AI or how thin they want it to be. They either just want the most drop-proof laptop, the most spill-proof laptop, or the laptop with the longest battery life. To keep it on topic, the ultraportable laptop like this XPS is an endangered species because the Surface Pro or Macbook Air are better travel compromises that any other laptops, and even those are at risk of being killed off by iPads which now have full official app support for just about everything most people want an ultraportable laptop for. If someone wants a laptop these days instead of an iPad, then they're probably not in the market for anything ridiculously thin, small, and light with hugely compromised keyboard, audio, screen, and performance.

System Name RemixedBeast-NX
Processor Intel Xeon E5-2690 @ 2.9Ghz (8C/16T)
Motherboard Dell Inc. 08HPGT (CPU 1)
Cooling Dell Standard
Memory 24GB ECC
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Nvidia RTX2060 6GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD//2TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster P2350 23in @ 1920x1080 + Dell E2013H 20 in @1600x900
Case Dell Precision T3600 Chassis
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 // Fiio E7 Amp/DAC
Power Supply 630w Dell T3600 PSU
Mouse Logitech G700s/G502
Keyboard Logitech K740
Software Linux Mint 20
Benchmark Scores Network: APs: Cisco Meraki MR32, Ubiquiti Unifi AP-AC-LR and Lite Router/Sw:Meraki MX64 MS220-8P
I've bought thousand(s) of them in the past and even though I don't buy in volume like I used to I'm glad they're still sensible options. Most people don't care about how thick or light their laptop is as long as it's not ridiculously thick or heavy. What staff ask about these days when they want advice for a personal purchase is "how many years will it last for" and "how much space does it have" and "how noisy will it be.

Nobody has ever asked me about AI or how thin they want it to be. They either just want the most drop-proof laptop, the most spill-proof laptop, or the laptop with the longest battery life. To keep it on topic, the ultraportable laptop like this XPS is an endangered species because the Surface Pro or Macbook Air are better travel compromises that any other laptops, and even those are at risk of being killed off by iPads which now have full official app support for just about everything most people want an ultraportable laptop for. If someone wants a laptop these days instead of an iPad, then they're probably not in the market for anything ridiculously thin, small, and light with hugely compromised keyboard, audio, screen, and performance.
Yeah most go after either inspiron or latitudes... or precisions... but a lot of music producers are going w xps or inspiron

I do like how they are going after the stylish crowd that would go after macs tho... and the added benefit of Linux support...

XPS have gone to shit since about 2016. They used to be great and you could fully customise them including body. I will never buy Dell, HP, Lenoblo, Acer or Microsoft laptops. I think Framework sell in Australia, but don't know much about them or their support.

Processor Ryzen 5900X
Motherboard Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO
Cooling Noctua NH-U12S
Memory 4x Kingston HyperX 16G 3000MHz
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix 4800
Case Inwin 909
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 750 P2
Mouse Razer Lancehead Wireless
Keyboard Razer Huntsman V2 TKL
Software Debian Linux / Win11
So much for new XPS....since developers edition is not available here, I went with regular XPS 13 couple years ago and I hoped I could upgrade, but without physical F keys and Esc....I will wait until this fad passes.