• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Devil May Cry 5 Benchmark Performance Analysis

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
GTX 1660 Ti results have been added, from the MSI Ventus XS OC (so they are a little bit higher than reference). Working on finding a reference card now

System Name Night Rider | Mini LAN PC | Workhorse
Processor AMD R7 5800X3D | Ryzen 1600X | i7 970
Motherboard MSi AM4 Pro Carbon | GA- | Gigabyte EX58-UD5
Cooling Noctua U9S Twin Fan| Stock Cooler, Copper Core)| Big shairkan B
Memory 2x8GB DDR4 G.Skill Ripjaws 3600MHz| 2x8GB Corsair 3000 | 6x2GB DDR3 1300 Corsair
Video Card(s) MSI AMD 6750XT | 6500XT | MSI RX 580 8GB
Storage 1TB WD Black NVME / 250GB SSD /2TB WD Black | 500GB SSD WD, 2x1TB, 1x750 | WD 500 SSD/Seagate 320
Display(s) LG 27" 1440P| Samsung 20" S20C300L/DELL 15" | 22" DELL/19"DELL
Case LIAN LI PC-18 | Mini ATX Case (custom) | Atrix C4 9001
Audio Device(s) Onboard | Onbaord | Onboard
Power Supply Silverstone 850 | Silverstone Mini 450W | Corsair CX-750
Mouse Coolermaster Pro | Rapoo V900 | Gigabyte 6850X
Keyboard MAX Keyboard Nighthawk X8 | Creative Fatal1ty eluminx | Some POS Logitech
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 | Windows 10 Pro 64 | Windows 7 Pro 64/Windows 10 Home
@ R4WN4K What is your system specs?

System Name masina
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard ASUS TUF B550M
Cooling Scythe Kabuto 3 + Arctic BioniX P120 fan
Memory 16GB (2x8) DDR4-3200 CL16 Crucial Ballistix
Video Card(s) Radeon Pro WX 2100 2GB
Storage 500GB Crucial MX500, 640GB WD Black
Display(s) AOC C24G1
Case SilentiumPC AT6V
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX 650W
Mouse Logitech G203
Keyboard Cooler Master MasterKeys L PBT
Software Win 10 Pro
Every gpu closes gap when the framerate is lowered,lol,that doesn't prove rx 570 beating 1060 6gb due to bandwidth or anything. And my comment didn't fall in line with any of your pseudoscience.
Certain framerate you say? Then how come rtx 2060's 192bit bandwidth beating Vega 56's 2048bit bandwidth in both higher and lower framerate? How come radeon 7's 1tb/s bandwidth being beaten by gtx 1080Ti in higher fps but in lower fps, radeon 7's higher bandwidth beats gtx 1080Ti? That's completely the opposite of what your pseudo theory suggests about 1070Ti closing in with 1080 and also your base pseudoscience damage control for rx 570 4gb beating 1060 6gb. Instead of cherry picking one gpu to prove your pseudoscience narrative to defend AMD's gimping,try to look at broader picture here.

53-60fps? So, almost 57fps on average. Same as the given review said. So,1080Ti struggling just to get 60fps on average, perfect example of running like shit. Same for other gpus.
Just to clearify,i said ac Odyssey runs like crap in the context of that other guy saying nvidia titles run like crap. If nvidia titles run like crap,then AMD titles like ac Odyssey also runs like even more crap which he overlooked. I'm not singling out ac Odyssey out of context. I guess you missed the initial comment that i was replying to.

To be frank AC: Origins and Odyssey run the same, they bot run crap as they are huge CPU hogs and the engine scales even up to 8C/16T performance wise, while scaling even further with higher clocks. If you want to get the most out of those games delid a 9900K and go 5.0GHz+ to be sure you are not CPU bottlenecked in the NPC populated larger settlements...

The AnvilNext2.0 engine has been with us since with the 2014 title AC: Unity. But the playable openworld went from like 3km² to 80km² and then to 130km² or thereabouts. In short it has nothing to do with whom sponsored the last titles, but it has all to do with the engine being pushed to its limits of what it can handle while also increasing the graphical fidelity to match 2017 and 2018 standards. Simple as that.

System Name Home PC
Processor Ryzen 5900X
Motherboard Asus Prime X370 Pro
Cooling Thermaltake Contac Silent 12
Memory 2x8gb F4-3200C16-8GVKB - 2x16gb F4-3200C16-16GVK
Video Card(s) XFX RX480 GTR
Storage Samsung SSD Evo 120GB -WD SN580 1TB - Toshiba 2TB HDWT720 - 1TB GIGABYTE GP-GSTFS31100TNTD
Display(s) Cooler Master GA271 and AoC 931wx (19in, 1680x1050)
Case Green Magnum Evo
Power Supply Green 650UK Plus
Mouse Green GM602-RGB ( copy of Aula F810 )
Keyboard Old 12 years FOCUS FK-8100
Please don't Feed Troll/hater. His/her Avatar proved that.

To be frank AC: Origins and Odyssey run the same, they bot run crap as they are huge CPU hogs and the engine scales even up to 8C/16T performance wise, while scaling even further with higher clocks. If you want to get the most out of those games delid a 9900K and go 5.0GHz+ to be sure you are not CPU bottlenecked in the NPC populated larger settlements...

The AnvilNext2.0 engine has been with us since with the 2014 title AC: Unity. But the playable openworld went from like 3km² to 80km² and then to 130km² or thereabouts. In short it has nothing to do with whom sponsored the last titles, but it has all to do with the engine being pushed to its limits of what it can handle while also increasing the graphical fidelity to match 2017 and 2018 standards. Simple as that.

So? Why are you telling me that? How is that any relevant to my initial comment? Tell these things to that two other dude who said ac odyssey doesn't run like crap / nvidia games run like crap. You just basically said what i said. Lol.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
Really? Rx 570 beating gtx 1060 6gb? Another day,another AMD sponsored and gimped game (like resident evil 2 remake). I bet some people will use it to prove their mythical 'AMD FineWine' agenda. Lol. If nvidia did this,there would be rioting in the streets already!
Excuse me? Destiny 2, Battlefield V and Metro Exodus were NV sponored titles and all ran better on AMD equivalent GPUs. Poor you.

Ever noticed most of the AMD sponsored titles are linear close quarter single lane game with static geometry and sub-par visual with an overlayed filtre to make it look cool. While most Nvidia titles are huge open world titles with complex and dynamic geometry which ends up being too heavy for gpus? AMD tried that with AC Odyssey,what happened? Boom,even shittier result than nvidia titles.

It seems like my comment went right over your head.
No, your comment is full retard.

Ohh and also, this game is too much for 192bit bandwidth? Then how come rtx 2060 with 192bit bandwidth managing to beat Vega 56?? You might say ohh i said gddr5,not gddr6; but that does really make up to get advantage against the 2048 bit and 409GB/s bandwidth of Vega 56 if the bandwidth was actually a factor as you said?? Definitely not.
RTX 2060 is a bit faster than the 1070Ti. Vega 56 is a bit slower than the 1070Ti. Failed.

Actually i said AMD sponsored huge open world games also runs like shit/shittier than nvidia titles. I think you thought i said AMD runs shittier than nvidia in ac Odyssey. I didn't mean that.

But since you brought that up, AMD is actually getting worse fps than Nvidia in their own sponsored game which also runs like crap on both brands.t.
If you knew AC games have always run much better on NV cards and as they kept their $hitty Anvilnext engine, it hasn't changed in the AMD sponsored Odyssey either.

He's right.
Even if we ignore this fact, the vega 64 which is AMD's second fastest gaming GPU is losing to a 2060 which is not even nvidia's third fastest card.
Which means what? In the case of a usually crappily optimized AC game.

Last edited:
Excuse me? Destiny 2, Battlefield V and Metro Exodus were NV sponored titles and all ran better on AMD equivalent GPUs. Poor you.

Metro exodus ran better on AMD equivalent?? Hahahahahahahahahaha. Joke of the year 2019. Typical AMD fanboy. Gain some knowledge before babbling BS - https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Performance_Analysis/Metro_Exodus/6.html
Also GTA 5 is AMD featured game and ran better on nvidia gpus. Poor You.

No, your comment is full retard.

Typical AMD fanboy, can't disprove someone's fact? No worries,just call his comment 'full retard' and you win!! I know it's hard for people like you to argue with someone knowledgeable who is using facts rather than typical stereotypical BS.

RTX 2060 is a bit faster than the 1070Ti. Vega 56 is a bit slower than the 1070Ti. Failed.

Typical low IQ AMD fanboy. Doesn't even read the original comment to which i was replying to and takes my reply out of context and writes 'Failed',ironic or moronic?

If you knew AC games have always run much better on NV cards and as they kept their $hitty Anvilnext engine, it hasn't changed in the AMD sponsored Odyssey either.

If you knew battlefield games have always run much better on AMD cards and as they kept their $hitty frostbite engine, it hasn't changed in the nvidia sponsored BF5 either. Funny how you knew this fact about AC games,but you chose to ignore/not mention this same scenario which is present in BF games as well. Typical ignorant hypocrite,sees and acknowledges the fact which favors AMD,but ignores those same kinda facts which favors nvidia. I mentioned both sides unlike you.

Which means what? In the case of a usually crappily optimized AC game.

If you had read the previous comments instead of shoving your left hand in the forum,you would know which means what. It means that the initial statement 'nvidia sponsored game runs like crap and AMD sponsored game runs like butter' is as invalid and moronic as yours.

Last edited:
Damn B-Real, you know you got under the snow flake's skin when he laughs out loud really awkwardly, calls you an AMD fanboy 3 times, and throws 'low IQ' and moronic to describe you as well. All in a single post. Poor little guy.

Damn B-Real, you know you got under the snow flake's skin when he laughs out loud really awkwardly, calls you an AMD fanboy 3 times, and throws 'low IQ' and moronic to describe you as well. All in a single post. Poor little guy.

says the one who is now changing topic as he lost his made up pseudoscience

Ever noticed that most AMD sponsored titles run well on both NVIDIA and AMD (not AC Odissey...) while most NVIDIA sponsored titles run like crap on both (with nvidia taking the lead)?

In short it has nothing to do with whom sponsored the last titles, but it has all to do with the engine being pushed to its limits of what it can handle while also increasing the graphical fidelity to match 2017 and 2018 standards. Simple as that.

That's exactly what i was talking about to that shieldhead guy. So instead of telling me this,why didn't you tell him that?

Anyway,since many people got triggered and the topic went from singapore to italy, it's time to close up my part here.
My initial argument was since it's a heavily AMD biased and AMD sponsored game and , DMC5 is showing the same level of AMD gimping as it was in RE2 remake. In both RE2 remake and DMC5, rx 570 4gb managed to beat gtx 1060 6gb. Both games are using the same RE engine as well. So there's that. Same level of gimping can be found in nvidia titles like Metro Exodus where gtx 1060 managed to beat rx 590. So instead of being a hypocrite,i think we should at least address these issues regardless of which company does it. Ignoring one shaddy company and crusifying the other shaddy company won't solve anything. In the end,these companies only want one thing from us,money,that's all. So if you wanna speak up,then do it against both companies. That's all. I'm out. Peace.

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 5 1600X
Motherboard Asus X470 Crosshair VII Hero
Cooling SilentiumPC Fortis
Memory G.Skill Trident Z 3400 Mhz 2x8GB
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX Vega 56
Storage Kingston A2000 1TB
Display(s) HP OMEN 32
Case Phanteks P600S
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 750 G1+
says the one who is now changing topic as he lost his made up pseudoscience

That's exactly what i was talking about to that shieldhead guy. So instead of telling me this,why didn't you tell him that?

Anyway,since many people got triggered and the topic went from singapore to italy, it's time to close up my part here.
My initial argument was since it's a heavily AMD biased and AMD sponsored game and , DMC5 is showing the same level of AMD gimping as it was in RE2 remake. In both RE2 remake and DMC5, rx 570 4gb managed to beat gtx 1060 6gb. Both games are using the same RE engine as well. So there's that. Same level of gimping can be found in nvidia titles like Metro Exodus where gtx 1060 managed to beat rx 590. So instead of being a hypocrite,i think we should at least address these issues regardless of which company does it. Ignoring one shaddy company and crusifying the other shaddy company won't solve anything. In the end,these companies only want one thing from us,money,that's all. So if you wanna speak up,then do it against both companies. That's all. I'm out. Peace.
Are you trolling or being serious? Having a hard time trying to distinguish... Obviously game engine and GPU architecture matters the most but many nvidia titles employ tactics to "gimp" performance (taking advantage off said architecture weaknesses) whereas AMD skips those tactic (atleast that I am aware).
Dodging your next reply, NO, im not a fanboy of x or y but I do like my suzuki's

Last edited:
Are you trolling or being serious? Having a hard time trying to distinguish... Obviously game engine and GPU architecture matters the most but many nvidia titles employ tactics to "gimp" performance (taking advantage off said architecture weaknesses) whereas AMD skips those tactic (atleasy that I am aware).
Dodging your next reply, NO, im not a fanboy of x or y but I do like my suzuki's

whereas AMD skips those tactics and resorts to other tactics like making the game engine favor their architecture vastly over nvidia's. But since GCN and Turing architecture have similarities,that's why this tactic didn't effect the turing gpus. That's exactly what i was trying to say. That's why pascal got slayed but turing didn't budge. So yeah, both nvidia and AMD gimps their games, but nvidia gimps on surface level which everyone can see whereas AMD gimps under the surface so most of the people doesn't realize the truth. Also it still doesn't justify your initial comment of "AMD sponsored titles run well on both NVIDIA and AMD while most NVIDIA sponsored titles run like crap on both" which is obviously wrong. And you clearly didn't understand what me and that other 'sutyi' dude said about game engine and architecture.
Let me break it down for you so that you can understand.
You said AMD games run great but Nvidia games run like shit.....This is completely wrong bcz it mostly depends on game engine,that's why amd games like deus ex and AC runs like shit on both and nvidia game like BF5 and SOTTR runs great on both. Some nvidia titles use gameworks which cripples the performance on both,but those game are very small in number. You generalized negative nvidia games and over-exaggerated that and also generalized the positive AMD games and over-exaggerated that as well. When the truth is, some nvidia game intentionally cripples the performance but other than that, both AMD and nvidia titles have some ups and downs in their games. Not to mention,all these things still don't have any relevance with my initial comment which proves you guys just took the narrative to a completely different position. I didn't say anything about all nvidia titles being good or all amd titles being bad. I just simply stated the fact that,in this particular AMD sponsored game,AMD really gimped it in a way that their gpus gets a massive boost over nvidia gpus. But yes,i acknowledge the fact that nvidia does gimping more severely. Actually,nvidia's target is 'lower the competitors performance by any cost' while AMD's target is 'higher/boost my own gpus performance compared to nvidia by any cost'. AMD tries boosting their own and ends up boosting the everyone's overall performance,nvidia tries to downplaying others and ends up downplaying everyone's overall performance. It's also truth that only nvidia is pushing PC graphics to it's limits,not AMD. Yes,that push isn't worth the performance drop,but still,a push is still a forward movement towards better PC visuals.

im not a fanboy of x or y

*sees the system specs* *all AMD config* hmmmmmmm,ok :3

Anyway,my last comment was supposed to be my last,i guess this one is the last. GGHF. Bye.

DX12 shows that when done properly, it helps muchly to allow gamers to play such visual impressive games close to 60FPS without needing a close to $1K GPU, even at 4K resolution.

Yes, but which mode is this benchmark running at?

RE2 has DX12 performance issue, so I am a bit concerned.

Processor Ryzen 5 1600X
Display(s) HP OMEN 32
Case Phanteks P600S
whereas AMD skips those tactics and resorts to other tactics like making the game engine favor their architecture vastly over nvidia's. But since GCN and Turing architecture have similarities,that's why this tactic didn't effect the turing gpus. That's exactly what i was trying to say. That's why pascal got slayed but turing didn't budge. So yeah, both nvidia and AMD gimps their games, but nvidia gimps on surface level which everyone can see whereas AMD gimps under the surface so most of the people doesn't realize the truth. Also it still doesn't justify your initial comment of "AMD sponsored titles run well on both NVIDIA and AMD while most NVIDIA sponsored titles run like crap on both" which is obviously wrong. And you clearly didn't understand what me and that other 'sutyi' dude said about game engine and architecture.
Let me break it down for you so that you can understand.
You said AMD games run great but Nvidia games run like shit.....This is completely wrong bcz it mostly depends on game engine,that's why amd games like deus ex and AC runs like shit on both and nvidia game like BF5 and SOTTR runs great on both. Some nvidia titles use gameworks which cripples the performance on both,but those game are very small in number. You generalized negative nvidia games and over-exaggerated that and also generalized the positive AMD games and over-exaggerated that as well. When the truth is, some nvidia game intentionally cripples the performance but other than that, both AMD and nvidia titles have some ups and downs in their games. Not to mention,all these things still don't have any relevance with my initial comment which proves you guys just took the narrative to a completely different position. I didn't say anything about all nvidia titles being good or all amd titles being bad. I just simply stated the fact that,in this particular AMD sponsored game,AMD really gimped it in a way that their gpus gets a massive boost over nvidia gpus. But yes,i acknowledge the fact that nvidia does gimping more severely. Actually,nvidia's target is 'lower the competitors performance by any cost' while AMD's target is 'higher/boost my own gpus performance compared to nvidia by any cost'. AMD tries boosting their own and ends up boosting the everyone's overall performance,nvidia tries to downplaying others and ends up downplaying everyone's overall performance. It's also truth that only nvidia is pushing PC graphics to it's limits,not AMD. Yes,that push isn't worth the performance drop,but still,a push is still a forward movement towards better PC visuals.

*sees the system specs* *all AMD config* hmmmmmmm,ok :3

Anyway,my last comment was supposed to be my last,i guess this one is the last. GGHF. Bye.
I'm not going to bother with any argument dude, there's no point. Just enjoy that a lower priced gpu with more bandwidth and better theoretical raw performance (RX 570) beats another more expensive gpu (GTX 1060). I couldn't care less about the rest of what you said, just bear in mind that my previous build was an I7 and a GTX 970 and I have recomended Intel/Nvidia builds to friends. The vega was an awesome purchase at the time (and I have a freesync Monitor) and so was the ryzen.

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600@80W
Motherboard MSI B550 Tomahawk
Cooling ZALMAN CNPS9X OPTIMA
Memory 2*8GB PATRIOT PVS416G400C9K@3733MT_C16
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 6750 XT Pulse 12GB
Storage Sandisk SSD 128GB, Kingston A2000 NVMe 1TB, Samsung F1 1TB, WD Black 10TB
Display(s) AOC 27G2U/BK IPS 144Hz
Case SHARKOON M25-W 7.1 BLACK
Audio Device(s) Realtek 7.1 onboard
Power Supply Seasonic Core GC 500W
Mouse Sharkoon SHARK Force Black
Keyboard Trust GXT280
Software Win 7 Ultimate 64bit/Win 10 pro 64bit/Manjaro Linux
Yes, but which mode is this benchmark running at?

RE2 has DX12 performance issue, so I am a bit concerned.
Since @W1zzard praises DX12 mode as being made well and DX11 being a compatible-to-older-windows mode, I assume he has tested all GPUs on DX12.

Since @W1zzard praises DX12 mode as being made well and DX11 being a compatible-to-older-windows mode, I assume he has tested all GPUs on DX12.

Well according to DF, it defaults to dx11 on nvidia and dx12 on amd. To get it running same with both would need manual .ini file fiddling.

Did he change his name from R4wn4k to Frutika? Why would anyone do this?

Problem?

I'm not going to bother with any argument dude, there's no point. Just enjoy that a lower priced gpu with more bandwidth and better theoretical raw performance (RX 570) beats another more expensive gpu (GTX 1060). I couldn't care less about the rest of what you said, just bear in mind that my previous build was an I7 and a GTX 970 and I have recomended Intel/Nvidia builds to friends. The vega was an awesome purchase at the time (and I have a freesync Monitor) and so was the ryzen.

Well,i would rathe enjoy a lower priced,lower bandwidth (192bit bus,336GB/s) gpu(RTX 2060) beating a more expensive,higher bandwidth 2048bit bus,408GB/s gpu(Vega 56) in heavily AMD gimped and AMD sponsored title. Lower priced nvidia gpu beating higher priced AMD gpu in their own AMD gimped sponsored game,that's much more enjoyable to watch.
"I couldn't care less about the rest of what you said" - well, that's the sign of ignorance,but whatever,you can keep your bs about nvidia title being crap and AMD title being gawdly gift. Your choice.

Last edited:
System Name masina
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard ASUS TUF B550M
Cooling Scythe Kabuto 3 + Arctic BioniX P120 fan
Memory 16GB (2x8) DDR4-3200 CL16 Crucial Ballistix
Video Card(s) Radeon Pro WX 2100 2GB
Storage 500GB Crucial MX500, 640GB WD Black
Display(s) AOC C24G1
Case SilentiumPC AT6V
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX 650W
Mouse Logitech G203
Keyboard Cooler Master MasterKeys L PBT
Software Win 10 Pro
So? Why are you telling me that? How is that any relevant to my initial comment? Tell these things to that two other dude who said ac odyssey doesn't run like crap / nvidia games run like crap. You just basically said what i said. Lol.

I am not saying the same thing. You are busy comparing pears to apples, not to mention the tone of your writing. The last AC games and their stressed engine have less then nothing to do with how DMC5 and it's completely different engine runs and behaves on any CPU/GPU combo.

The lower end spectrum of the Pascal architecture shows some minor weakness probably due to lower texture fillrate bottleneck... Is it really worth going on a multi-page rant for 2 cards that are still above 60fps at 1080p ultra settings, while only being 10-15% slower compared to their relative peers? Probably not, but who am I to judge...

I am not saying the same thing. You are busy comparing pears to apples, not to mention the tone of your writing. The last AC games and their stressed engine have less then nothing to do with how DMC5 and it's completely different engine runs and behaves on any CPU/GPU combo.

The lower end spectrum of the Pascal architecture shows some minor weakness probably due to lower texture fillrate bottleneck... Is it really worth going on a multi-page rant for 2 cards that are still above 60fps at 1080p ultra settings, while only being 10-15% slower compared to their relative peers? Probably not, but who am I to judge...

It's clear that you didn't understand a word of what was being said. The other guy said 'nvidia games run like shit and AMD games run like charm'(which still has nothing to do with DMC5 running better on rx 570 4gb than 1060 6gb) and i replied to that by saying - no they are not always true,there are nvidia games that runs better on both and there are amd games that run like shit,it's mainly due to the scale of the game and the game engine(gameworks games aside). And gave AC Odyssey as an example where it's an AMD game which runs like shit due to the sheer scale of this game. Most of nvidias games are huge in scale and AMD also got in another huge scaled game and it did even worse than nvidia titles,why? Bcz it had nothing to do with AMD or nvidia,rather than it was the game's scale and engine.
Then you came in with your essay and basically expanded my argument into milkyway and told exactly the same thing back to me in a more broader and expanded way. Clearly you didn't understand what was being told and took one reply out of context without reading any previous comments.

It still doesn't disprove and matter to the fact that AMD DID GIMP THIS GAME AND RE GAME ENGINE TO GAIN VAST FAVOR OVER NVIDIA, Hence rx 570 4gb beating gtx 1060 6gb and as always, hypocrites across the board are being ignorant about this fact while doesn't waste a second to crusify nvidia when nvidia does something like this. "AMD gimped title still get much more fps on both brand than nvidia gimped title, so AMD gets a pass" - no,they shouldn't get a pass. Also AMD gimped titles get more fps than nvidia gimped title bcz most of the nvidia gimped titles are huge open world games with thousand times more complex and dynamic geometry. AMD titles like AC odyssey also gets much lower fps than most nvidia titles bcz it's a huge open world game.

AC Odyssey is the perfect example to disprove 'AMD title stereotype thinking' and give reasonable explanation of why most nvidia titles are heavy(gameworks aside).

Processor Ryzen 5 1600X
Display(s) HP OMEN 32
Case Phanteks P600S

Don't bother, he's too smart for a worthwhile discussion.

Well,i would rathe enjoy a lower priced,lower bandwidth (192bit bus,336GB/s) gpu(RTX 2060) beating a more expensive 2048bit bus,408GB/s gpu(Vega 56) in heavily AMD gimped and AMD sponsored title.
My vega 56 was cheaper than a rtx 2060 and this was back in November :p

My vega 56 was cheaper than a rtx 2060 and this was back in November :p

You got lucky. Vega 56 isn't much available in most of the countries. The ones that are available,costs 400$+ even now. Or may be you got it on sale/live in UK. I don 't know. But in my country rtx 2060 is 33,000bdt while Vega 56 isn't available,it was available about 7 months ago for 60,000bdt and if we try to import vega 56 now,it will cost roughly 50,000bdt and also won't get any warrenty.

Is it really worth going on a multi-page rant

I ain't the one to blame. You all went haywire and kept taking my replies out of context without reading original comment and went on full rant with me.

System Name Evo PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5800X3D
Cooling Noctua NH15
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 3,600MHz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Aorus RX 7900XTX Gaming OC
Storage 1TB WD SN750/512GB Samsung 870 EVO
Display(s) LG UltraGear 27 2K 165Hz
Case Fractal Define C
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium
Power Supply Supernova G2 1000
Mouse MSI Vigor GM11
Keyboard MSI Vigor GK30
Ever noticed that most forum warriors don't properly read the comment/understand the comment and jumps to BS argument? I guess you overlooked the part 'most of the'. Yes there are some open world AMD titles like kingdom come or recent fc games and division games, but they also run like crap,just like AC odyssey. The only exception would be fh4. So yeah,try to read the comment carefully first and also try to understand what's been trying to indicate.

Also noticed that people will come up with a made up theory and try to shove it down to other's throat as a fact. "This game is just too much for 192 bit GDDR5" - where's the proof of that?? You just made up a conclusion based on what you 'think' is the case. It's like saying - "ohh that dimly lit light bulb is giving same amount of light as the moon,hence it's proven that the moon and the light bulb are situated at same distance from me"

It's easily noticable that AMD gpus are getting severely unfair advantage compared to nvidia gpus(turing aside) regardless of memory bandwidth across the board.

Ohh and also, this game is too much for 192bit bandwidth? Then how come rtx 2060 with 192bit bandwidth managing to beat Vega 56?? You might say ohh i said gddr5,not gddr6; but that does really make up to get advantage against the 2048 bit and 409GB/s bandwidth of Vega 56 if the bandwidth was actually a factor as you said?? Definitely not.

Also you are mixing up replies from one thread with another thread.

Actually i said AMD sponsored huge open world games also runs like shit/shittier than nvidia titles. I think you thought i said AMD runs shittier than nvidia in ac Odyssey. I didn't mean that.

But since you brought that up, AMD is actually getting worse fps than Nvidia in their own sponsored game which also runs like crap on both brands. So much for 'amd games always run better on gpus from both brands' LOL. Reminds me of deus ex mankind divided and kingdom come. Most AMD games aren't graphically intensive(i said most,not all, don't get triggered like that other guy plz),and whenever they are graphically intensive,they run like crap on gpu from both brands,with exceptions like fh4 ofcourse.
Nvidia also have exceptions where their games run much better on both brands, like Witcher 3,bf5,sottr,hellblade and many more. But AMD loyalists always tend to overlook that segment and try to generalize the negative part of nvidia and positive part of AMD. A game being heavy/not heavy doesn't always depend on which brand sponsored it. Most of nvidia titles are graphically demanding open world/semi open world,so most of nvidia games end up being heavy. Most of AMD games are close quarter normal games,so most AMD games end up being much less heavy. Yes, nvidia intentionally gimped only a few games with their gimpworks,but other demanding games are heavy for pretty fair reasons. Most people don't know that.

Daat damage control mode though, I rate it 3.