• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Driver-File Signing Tools + Discussion

https://www.mediafire.com/file/k1o2bdzapnkefl4/Sign_Tools.7z - Includes certificate creation and additional tools to sign drivers and files.

You will need to install the certificate on the users computer, this as well as a basic installer can be created and run via batch file.

Install.png
Signed.png

Attachments

• Install-Example.txt
    959 bytes · Views: 74

Bogdanl

Hello,
Sorry if it's wrong to post this message here, it is my first, but I have a question to ask.
I have a Windows 11, Z690 Gaminx X with a ALC1220-VB and it has only has 2x3.5mm jacks and a S/PDIF out 7.1 Ch capable. Because I cannot use my old Logitech G51 5.1 system I connected a Samsung Home Theater DTS and Dolby capable via S/PDIF but I have only 2 channels. I searched a lot and tried AAF Optimus drivers but still I can select only 2 channels, only thing that worked was the patched R2.82 driver method witch let me select DTS or DD 5.1 channels but with this method I cannot play any online games because of Easy Anti Cheat detecting the driver not signed I guess.
After I searched and read a lot I am very confused why is this so hard to get working. When I had a Asus Maximus Hero VII on windows 10 I used the same connection with the same Home Theater worked just fine. I even tried my Audigy 2 NX USB same issue but I guess this is too old.
If I use this tool here will I be able to do something resolve this issue? Or are you aware of a method on how to get it working?
Thank you and sorry again if it's not the right place.

Partly the right place, but only due to the fact you said "Easy Anti Cheat detecting the driver not signed", thankfully I have never had this issue with my version. AAF is also signed.
With AAF you disable sound enhancements to get 6 channels (something missing), with my driver it works out of the box, with the option to convert it to HT.

This being said my driver is DTS only, which out of the two formats works out best, higher bitrate aside, the 24 bit makes a big difference to max volume and not clipping.

Dolby: 640kbps max, 6 channels, 16 bit, 48k samples | DTS: 1509kbps max, 6 channels, 24 bit, 48k samples.

Bogdanl

Thank you very much, your driver works perfectly and sounds better than what I had previously.
As for EAC, the error pointed to driver signing issues, but in fact it can be solved by repairing Visual C++ and DirectX.
Thank you very much for the time and help.

If you have any driver related questions, feel free to ask in my DTS DCH thread.

Updated basic driver installer below, using a batch file.

Attachments

• Installer.png
    Installer.png
    185.1 KB · Views: 23
  • Install.txt
    800 bytes · Views: 21
If you need to review working examples, see DTS DCH Driver for Realtek HDA [DTS:X APO4 + DTS Interactive] and DTS:X APO4 + DTS Interactive for Most Devices [USB Supported].
Note the [/Bin] folder is hidden, you can simply add /Bin to the address at the top of explorer, show hidden files, or use 7-zip to explore the directory.

I am using elevate to allow the end user to either double click, or right click 'run as admin', on the primary [Install.bat] file.
You will also need to edit the [-5%], for the CD directory depending how long the folder name is [- /BIN/].

----

Additional note, when signing files, make sure you do not remove the original certificates from .sys files, they need to be WHQL signed.
Nearly all other files can have their original certificates removed and replaced if they are to be patched.