• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DTS DCH Driver for Realtek HDA [DTS:X APO4 + DTS Interactive]

So I just spent about 1 - 1/2 hours trying to replicate this issue and I cannot, everything is correct. I am also finding it impossible to send any sounds to rear or side when in stereo mode.
Any attempts to send 5.1 - 7.1 or even upmixed stereo results in just left right, stereo, and no other sound from the other speakers. No idea sorry.

Try setting stereo first then enable spatial, Windows should definitely not output side-rear when in stereo mode. I do know Sound Unbound is not optimized for all PC's.
There is an older version in the app package, not sure it will make a difference. Sorry I cannot help further, could be a Windows issue.

What Windows version do you have, some of the older versions have issues with spatial apps.

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. B85M-D3H
Memory 8,00 Go (7,89 Go utilisable
Video Card(s) GPU 1 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970/ GPU 0 Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
Keyboard Old Dell keyboard
Is it possible to have DTS:X on an HDMI cable (with Nvidia drivers)?

Yes, here are two videos to show you how to setup Interactive [On-Off], and another video for HDMI-DP. Once you have applied the HDMI-DP edit, restart your computer.
To trigger 'External Speakers', you need to select the analogue speakers, then switch back to HDMI-DP, same for Interactive [Off] and SPDIF.

Multichannel enables freely without the 'External Speakers' trigger. Simply restart the services.

====

My Z906 turns 5.1 or 7.1 input into virtual for headphones, including digital, all I do is plug my headphones into the port on the side.......

----

@Dim, there is indeed a bug with Sound Unbound, and enabling spatial from multichannel, for me Ultra still displays multichannel mode, yet spatial is on and Windows shows stereo.
For me it does not create an issue, but perhaps with your ALC, plus the issue, you get some sort of feedback, I do not know for sure, I get nothing with the bug.

Unfortunately fixing it is out of my hands for the time being, there is an update for SU but it does not yet work with the modified drivers.
Setting the speakers to stereo first, prevented the issue, Ultra properly goes into stereo, then enable spatial.

Last edited:

hearthstone

I was having the same problem with the APO4 service not starting and DTS Sound Unbound stuck in trial mode, in my case it was a NordVPN adapter (NordLynx Tunnel), for some reason it was preventing the APO4 service from starting. If you're having a similar problem check if you have it installed (if you just disable it, it will reenable itself when you restart your pc and prevent you from correctly installing the driver and apps), if you don't have NordVPN you can check in the Windows Event Viewer that the service is indeed stopping and use Process Monitor to track it and see what's it's trying to do before it shuts down. Hope this helps and thank you for the drivers.

I was having the same problem with the APO4 service not starting and DTS Sound Unbound stuck in trial mode, in my case it was a NordVPN adapter (NordLynx Tunnel), for some reason it was preventing the APO4 service from starting. If you're having a similar problem check if you have it installed (if you just disable it, it will reenable itself when you restart your pc and prevent you from correctly installing the driver and apps), if you don't have NordVPN you can check in the Windows Event Viewer that the service is indeed stopping and use Process Monitor to track it and see what's it's trying to do before it shuts down. Hope this helps and thank you for the drivers.
Boom!
I reached the same conclusion at 3AM last night after a teamviewer sessions with the amazing Ferather.
I hid all windows services and went one by one until I found that nord-vpn is the culprit.

HOWEVER, DTS ULTRA only works with my external speakers. The moment I switch to headphones, the problem happens again!!!

UPDATE 1: ReInstalling DTS:X Ultra fixed the issue for the headphones. I need to check if it survives reboot.

UPDATE 2: Headphones Spatial Mode doesn't work in DTSX: Ultra. It DOES work on DTS: Headphones X. Any ideas?

UPDATE 3: Update 1 - It does survive reboot. Happy days. Now still stuck with Update 2 issue.

Last edited:
Just checking now. Edit, looks like I have to try and move the spatial effects to MFX, after some testing. On SFX, APO3 needs to go first else it cannot detect speakers.

I will release a test preset with the changes to test (if it works), although I will check first.

Last edited:
Just checking now. Edit, looks like I have to try and move the spatial effects to MFX, after some testing. On SFX, APO3 needs to go first else it cannot detect speakers.

I will release a test preset with the changes to test (if it works), although I will check first.
I hope it will work.
Can't wait to test it either! :)

System Name Acer Aspire E5-475G
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U @ 2.50GHz
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce 940MX,Intel HD Graphics 620
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC255
Software Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview
i cant enable this because is make no sound in headphone endpoint (maybe that why is oem lock because this)

every restart and plug jack need restart dts apo4 (dts headphone :x normal with disable this)

Attachments

• Screenshot_328.png
    Screenshot_328.png
    965 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
Boom!
I reached the same conclusion at 3AM last night after a teamviewer sessions with the amazing Ferather.
I hid all windows services and went one by one until I found that nord-vpn is the culprit.

HOWEVER, DTS ULTRA only works with my external speakers. The moment I switch to headphones, the problem happens again!!!

UPDATE 1: ReInstalling DTS:X Ultra fixed the issue for the headphones. I need to check if it survives reboot.

UPDATE 2: Headphones Spatial Mode doesn't work in DTSX: Ultra. It DOES work on DTS: Headphones X. Any ideas?

UPDATE 3: Update 1 - It does survive reboot. Happy days. Now still stuck with Update 2 issue.
Because you need to reinstall DTS Sound Unbound and prevent itself from updating. Each time you log in..

System Name Acer Aspire E5-475G
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U @ 2.50GHz
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce 940MX,Intel HD Graphics 620
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC255
Software Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview
I didn't have Unbound installed.
Are you saying I need Unbound for Spatial Model to work or not have unbound?
Yes

And the newer MS Store version they've kind of removed it.. you need the version from Ferather's apps folder.

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. B85M-D3H
Memory 8,00 Go (7,89 Go utilisable
Video Card(s) GPU 1 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970/ GPU 0 Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
Keyboard Old Dell keyboard
Well, I tested with the 2019 and 2020 of DTS Unbound version and Spatial Model doesn't work anyway with DTS Ultra.
Maybe there's an order I need to install everything?

Again, it works on DTS: Headphones X app.
You have to verify that it it licensed

kotobuki09

I clean install from my new laptop. For some reason, the DTS: Ultra didn't work in my case while I still can use DTS Unbound in general. Doesn't any know what is the reason behind this issue?

Attachments

• ApplicationFrameHost_y87Wy3fUzG.png
    ApplicationFrameHost_y87Wy3fUzG.png
    851.3 KB · Views: 148
  • mmc_jSAATs8LEG.png
    mmc_jSAATs8LEG.png
    74.2 KB · Views: 143
@andreaspujihar try this: How to remap / retasking Realtek onboard jacks / ports | Reaper-X

@kotobuki09, check Task manager to see if the services APO3 and APO4 are running, if you are using NordVPN, you need to uninstall it.

----

@Gil80, still working on enabling Ultra spatial, it does turn on, but the 3 options in the app don't change it.

Edit: It works if I change it to MFX, I will release a test preset shortly.

Last edited:

kotobuki09

@andreaspujihar try this: How to remap / retasking Realtek onboard jacks / ports | Reaper-X

@kotobuki09, check Task manager to see if the services APO3 and APO4 are running, if you are using NordVPN, you need to uninstall it.

@Gil80, still working on enabling Ultra spatial, it does turn on, but the 3 options in the app don't change it.
Hi Ferather. There is no APO3 and APO4 running on my task manager. but after I uninstall NordVPN. Everything seems working well now.
It's would be nice if you can find some solution to this NordVPN problem. Thank a lot!