• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DTS DCH Driver for Realtek HDA [DTS:X APO4 + DTS Interactive]

From my finding its been like that for over a year, even with official DTS drivers. NordVPN need to fix their software, and they have not. :(

hearthstone

Hi Ferather. There is no APO3 and APO4 running on my task manager. but after I uninstall NordVPN. Everything seems working well now.
It's would be nice if you can find some solution to this NordVPN problem. Thank a lot!
The problem seems to be with the NordLynx adapter only I think, if you go to NordVPN settings, auto-connect tab, turn off choose VPN automatically and change VPN protocol to UDP, you can still use it. But every time you start the NordVPN service again, it reenables the NordLynx adapter anyways and turns off the APO4 service, so you need to disable the adapter again and have the APO4 service to restart on failure or restart it manually, it's probably possible to create a scheduled task to do all of that automatically but you can't use NordLynx while using this, only TCP or UDP.

Noted thank you. If I was to guess, its because of DTS license, which no doubt needs online data and perhaps machine location to validate the license, possibly also to do with Windows account.

====

I can enable additional multichannel options with the APO3 preset, would anyone like to test this too? Also note, the test presets require a do, dont like feedback.

Test preset updated, more SRS features, slightly better performance, enabled APO3 automatic multichannel enhancements.

Last edited:
Noted thank you. If I was to guess, its because of DTS license, which no doubt needs online data and perhaps machine location to validate the license, possibly also to do with Windows account.

====

I can enable additional multichannel options with the APO3 preset, would anyone like to test this too? Also note, the test presets require a do, dont like feedback.

Test preset updated, more SRS features, slightly better performance, enabled APO3 automatic multichannel enhancements.
Now we're talking! :D :love:
And APO4 needs internet cus it streams your audio to their servers and then back when it's been processed.
/joke

So what's the latest update?
I have DTS Unbound installed from the store (purchased license) AND I have DTS Ultra installed from the official store.
I installed the DTS preset from here: https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/dts-dch-driver-for-realtek-dts-x.279972/post-4515987

It seems to be working now. The Front (middle) spatial model seems to have less impact than DTS Headphones X app with the same setting.

I am missing the option of DTS Ultra from the task bar:
1620343752312.png

I believe I have to reinstall everything from scratch. Should I use UUD to uninstall realtek? Like, what's the best process to start from scratch? or better yet, make the DTS Ultra appear in that menu in my screenshot?

The provided app will unlock the Ultra:X spatial mode, the purchased SU is actually intended for non-DTS drivers, such as default Realtek ones.
To do a full clean re-do, follow the guide in post 1, though I doubt you need to, simply uninstall SU and try the provided one.

I will be online tomorrow to help you further if needed. And to also help with E-APO.

The provided app will unlock the Ultra:X spatial mode, the purchased SU is actually intended for non-DTS drivers, such as default Realtek ones.
To do a full clean re-do, follow the guide in post 1, though I doubt you need to, simply uninstall SU and try the provided one.

I will be online tomorrow to help you further if needed. And to also help with E-APO.
Thanks!

I'm just reinstalling everything.
How can I stop Windows from trying to update DTS unbound and DTS Ultra?

kotobuki09

From my finding its been like that for over a year, even with official DTS drivers. NordVPN need to fix their software, and they have not. :(
In that case, gg well played by DTS. :)

So I don't need to purchase the SU anymore cause I already install DTS driver on my laptop?
The problem seems to be with the NordLynx adapter only I think, if you go to NordVPN settings, auto-connect tab, turn off choose VPN automatically and change VPN protocol to UDP, you can still use it. But every time you start the NordVPN service again, it reenables the NordLynx adapter anyways and turns off the APO4 service, so you need to disable the adapter again and have the APO4 service to restart on failure or restart it manually, it's probably possible to create a scheduled task to do all of that automatically but you can't use NordLynx while using this, only TCP or UDP.
It's weird I didn't install APO on my laptop. But I will give it a try! :>

@Gil80, Disable store updates, and make sure offline is enabled, in case you have no internet at times:

1620388212304.png

dongeg97

I noticed too that when in spatial mode (DTS:X ultra or DTS:X Headphones) Equalizer APO seems to not work at all .. someone know if it is fixable?

E-APO doesn't work in exclusive mode, only shared mode, I will look into it but my guess is the device goes into exclusive mode.

----

Edit: The parts I am using work fine with E-APO and spatial enabled, if I add gain, the volume goes up.

----

Edit 2: NVM new Realtek release, update incoming.

Last edited:
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. B85M-D3H
Memory 8,00 Go (7,89 Go utilisable
Video Card(s) GPU 1 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970/ GPU 0 Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
Keyboard Old Dell keyboard
Yes, here are two videos to show you how to setup Interactive [On-Off], and another video for HDMI-DP. Once you have applied the HDMI-DP edit, restart your computer.
To trigger 'External Speakers', you need to select the analogue speakers, then switch back to HDMI-DP, same for Interactive [Off] and SPDIF.

Multichannel enables freely without the 'External Speakers' trigger. Simply restart the services.

====

My Z906 turns 5.1 or 7.1 input into virtual for headphones, including digital, all I do is plug my headphones into the port on the side.......

----

@Dim, there is indeed a bug with Sound Unbound, and enabling spatial from multichannel, for me Ultra still displays multichannel mode, yet spatial is on and Windows shows stereo.
For me it does not create an issue, but perhaps with your ALC, plus the issue, you get some sort of feedback, I do not know for sure, I get nothing with the bug.

Unfortunately fixing it is out of my hands for the time being, there is an update for SU but it does not yet work with the modified drivers.
Setting the speakers to stereo first, prevented the issue, Ultra properly goes into stereo, then enable spatial.
Could I have the file for HDMI-DP. please ?

DTS DCH 6.0.9155.1 (Signed) - See post 1 for the downloads and guide. Full Realtek update plus roll-up of previous changes.
@Hearick: https://www.mediafire.com/file/b5tueaas6unma6y/DTS_Settings.7z (Main folder)

Remember to install your OEM policy, or create one.

----

Last edited:
I noticed too that when in spatial mode (DTS:X ultra or DTS:X Headphones) Equalizer APO seems to not work at all .. someone know if it is fixable?
It should work if you install it in experimental mode
1620442874891.png

Any thoughts on the lastest build from Alan?

Also, I noticed that when using discord, it is not switching to the output that is set by default on windows. Didn't happen with my previous PC with SoundBlaster card. Anyone experiencing this issue?
I always have to go to discord settings and change things

DTS DCH 6.0.9155.1 (Signed) - See post 1 for the downloads and guide. Full Realtek update plus roll-up of previous changes.
@Hearick: https://www.mediafire.com/file/b5tueaas6unma6y/DTS_Settings.7z (Main folder)

----

What is this?

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. B85M-D3H
Memory 8,00 Go (7,89 Go utilisable
Video Card(s) GPU 1 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970/ GPU 0 Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
Keyboard Old Dell keyboard

----

I get that :

Error accessing the registry​

@Ferather Good afternoon. What is the difference between your DTS Preset [Spatial] and the standard preset in multi-channel mode? What exactly are the fixes?

@Gil80, the driver policy?

@Hearick, that's bad news, sounds like you have an issue with Windows. It's not doing anything special, other than using native Windows commands. You can read the .bat's in /Bin (hidden).
The installer deletes: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\DTS\APO from the registry, as its full of past data, and also %programdata%\DTSAudio\, the same for APO3.
Edit: If you mean the HDMI-DP edit, that's a Windows permissions thing, or Windows bug, try regedit then import. Else Google the issue :(

@Zonder, the spatial changed moved the effects to MFX, which fully enabled them. If in Ultra:X spatial mode, you will hear a bigger difference between presets, and when in custom, the 3 spatial options.
Multichannel is auto configured by DTS using hardware rear-side, rather than virtual rear-side with stereo speakers. I only added distortion protection, anti-clipping, and APO3 auto mode.

====

Attention!

New preset to try, it has optimizations for multichannel and will work perfectly with the current release as SPDIF-HDMI are making use of the 5.1 end effects.

1.png2.png

Current driver:

3.png4.png

Last edited:

@Hearick, that's bad news, sounds like you have an issue with Windows. It's not doing anything special, other than using native Windows commands. You can read the .bat's in /Bin (hidden).
The installer deletes: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\DTS\APO from the registry, as its full of past data, and also %programdata%\DTSAudio\, the same for APO3.
Edit: If you mean the HDMI-DP edit, that's a Windows permissions thing, or Windows bug, try regedit then import. Else Google the issue :(

@Zonder, the spatial changed moved the effects to MFX, which fully enabled them. If in Ultra:X spatial mode, you will hear a bigger difference between presets, and when in custom, the 3 spatial options.
Multichannel is auto configured by DTS using hardware rear-side, rather than virtual rear-side with stereo speakers. I only added distortion protection, anti-clipping, and APO3 auto mode.

====

Attention!

New preset to try, it has optimizations for multichannel and will work perfectly with the current release as SPDIF-HDMI are making use of the 5.1 end effects.

View attachment 199702View attachment 199703

Current driver:

View attachment 199704View attachment 199705

Is there one for 7.1 ?

It's actually 5.1+, not just 5.1 speakers, 5.1 is considered the minimum for the technology (afaik). For me I don't have enough thumbs to give it the thumbs up it needs.
I have not tested stereo or the stereo spatial modes, just the new Interactive:X v2.. (I made that name up, its a combo DTS Interactive + DTS:X).

The DTS DSP is a much better quality than the Realtek one, I tried native Realtek the other day, very tinny and unsatisfactory.
At least software DSP's and APO's can be replaced and-or updated, unlike hardware.

@Zonder, I think I figured it out. The 5.1 EFX appears to be for internal setups, such as laptops. However it can also be used on external.
In my case I programmed SPDIF with the 5.1 EFX as DTS Interactive is 5.1, I will make some preset changes soon.

The 5.1 EFX can also be used in stereo mode, so it can be added to speakers.

Last edited:

Do I need the driver policy this time?

Oh, no, I just wasn't sure what the question was for xD. I removed the driver policy I previously added to the driver due to issues with some ALC's, (fix one, break another).
I'll be updating the DTS preset shortly, as mentioned, I will also move the spatial options to MFX which I did to the Asus one.

Crap
windows want to download audio drivers

Attachments

• 2021-05-10 01_20_26-Settings.png
    2021-05-10 01_20_26-Settings.png
    29.6 KB · Views: 102