• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DTS:X APO4 + DTS Interactive for Most Devices [USB Supported]

You can use the Ultra Pack, and edit the .inf to add intel display, however you still need the official intel driver.
Alternatively, if DTS:X is already running on another device, simply use the .reg files on the Intel.

It doesnt matter what the device is, as long as its audio, Bluetooth, USB, doesn't matter.

----

Also note, if you are using the self licensing Sound Unbound, disable store updates.
Else it will update, and you will lose the free license.

Last edited:
I disabled my ALC to test full use without one, although I installed the DTS DCH driver before disabling the device in the UEFI menu.
You can use VAC, set to 5.1 speakers, to trigger 'external speakers' on non-Realtek devices, fully working (for me).

You will need to disable the outputs and open the panel as admin to configure it.

Attachments

• VAC.zip
    870.8 KB · Views: 205

zais

hi is it the optimal way to use dtsx using default ms audio driver?

You can use the current release to setup a MS driver. My GPU by default used the Microsoft FX system, I changed it to Realtek-DTS, no MS.

====

How to use the setup files (see also post 1, and this video):

Disable the audio device using Windows settings.

1.png

Open FX config, select the device then copy GUID.

2.png

Paste the ID, replacing {DEVICE-ID} on both lines.

3.png

Save the edited .reg file, then restore it (double click).

Enable the audio device, for Interactive repeat all steps after selecting it.
It will setup its self, but not as default, the repeat fixes that.

zais

tx, managed to enable it via sound unbound but dtsx ultra still not inteactive asking me to select speaker output, any hints tx

If that happens you need to check 'DTS APO4 Service' is running via task manager, if not, its being blocked by a VPN (it blocks the license checks, then the service stops).
If it's running, you need to trigger 'Speakers' or 'Headphones' by selecting the Realtek-VAC 'Speakers' or 'Headphones', then switch back.

1.png

zais

i still cant activate interacrtive mode

{0600d3d1-f984-433b-bf87-9337d36e05c7} from get id ichange in stereo registry then merge, activated dpo too in services

1628445991046.png

realtek alc1200 are available should we enable or disable does it help off load audio from cpu then to usb speaker tks

If you plug something into the ALC1200 (if programmed), and then select that, then switch back to USB, you should see 'External Speakers' or 'Headphones' at the bottom.
Interactive is for digital devices such as SPDIF and HDMI, If you like I can book you in for Teamviewer and I can show you how setup-use DTS.

Unfortunately the detection of non-Realtek, non-analogue direct devices, is limited, and there is no Speaker-Headphones button.

No Realtek:

Set VAC to 5.1 or 7.1. If you want to set it up, use 'FX Config', open properties (right side) to open an advanced 'regedit', then file import (the setup reg).
See previous posts to see how to use the setup .reg files. Use the panel as admin (right click).

----

If you have a Realtek device, use the setup files, and use analogue direct (Speakers, Headphones).

Last edited:

zais

any link for reinstall tutorial for latest dts x? or update install, tk

You can install this pack as an update if you want to keep or use a different driver. You don't need to setup the device again.

If you get no sound after applying the .reg, notably with ALC2xx and internal speakers, remove the EFX processing modes key.
You may also need to remove the EFX key (left side), if Sound Unbound complains (no decoder, codec).

Interestingly @Bryan Ü's headphones did not need this change, only the internal speakers.

ALC2XX Fix.png

Once you have applied the changes, restart your computer.

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/dts-dch-driver-for-realtek-dts-x.279972/post-4638174 < How to program virtual devices, and also USB (hopefully).

If you don't have a Realtek device on the system, you can try another HDAUDIO device such as GPU, instead of speakers.
You will also still need to use the provided 'settings.reg' files, rather than the ones linked in the guide.

Setup is manual because the settings are not provided with the driver-device, and each setup is different.
Also note, any changes made in the guide will be removed on device driver uninstall (clean).

1.png

Note: DTS Interactive is for bitstreaming form factors (SPDIF, HDMI).

Last edited:

kotobuki09

Some VPN's software may block the APO4 service and need configuring.
How did you deal with the VPN issue?
I try some ExpressVPN and NordVPN. It's will stop the DTS X to recognize the external headphone and so on.

I was having the same problem with the APO4 service not starting and DTS Sound Unbound stuck in trial mode, in my case it was a NordVPN adapter (NordLynx Tunnel), for some reason it was preventing the APO4 service from starting. If you're having a similar problem check if you have it installed (if you just disable it, it will reenable itself when you restart your pc and prevent you from correctly installing the driver and apps), if you don't have NordVPN you can check in the Windows Event Viewer that the service is indeed stopping and use Process Monitor to track it and see what's it's trying to do before it shuts down. Hope this helps and thank you for the drivers.
The problem seems to be with the NordLynx adapter only I think, if you go to NordVPN settings, auto-connect tab, turn off choose VPN automatically and change VPN protocol to UDP, you can still use it. But every time you start the NordVPN service again, it reenables the NordLynx adapter anyways and turns off the APO4 service, so you need to disable the adapter again and have the APO4 service to restart on failure or restart it manually, it's probably possible to create a scheduled task to do all of that automatically but you can't use NordLynx while using this, only TCP or UDP.
Some days ago I saw your messages about NordVPN and decided to change to Hotspot Shield (because it had a cracked version). NordVPN is completely uninstalled.

Edit : problem solved by uninstalling the apps and then creating a new microsoft account and reinstalling apps

Apparently this has been an issue for a while (over a year), it blocks DTS services, not sure why.