• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Electric costs to run the crunchers and folding PCs....

System Name Office
Processor Ryzen 5600G
Motherboard ASUS B450M-A II
Cooling be quiet! Shadow Rock LP
Memory 16GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RX 5600 XT
Storage PNY CS1030 250GB, Crucial MX500 2TB
Display(s) Dell S2719DGF
Case Fractal Define 7 Compact
Power Supply EVGA 550 G3
Mouse Logitech M705 Marthon
Keyboard Logitech G410
Software Windows 10 Pro 22H2
Yes :) Downside was that there wasn't masses of solar then anyways, so it wasn't much of a problem really... I produced about 3kW for the 24th December... It wasn't a great day for solar....

How are you ending up at 1p/kWh? That's a tenth or so of typical US cost.

I know why Germany's power is expensive.. And it ain't the renewable energy. Its Germany's stupidity on getting rid of their nuclear power and imposing taxes galore on any electricity usage in an effort to push through energy efficiency.
I was born in Hanau near Frankfurt and this was the Center of the German Nuclear Industry - all of the German Nuclear Power Rods where made here. I was happy they closed all Plants here. Now there is a big Google Data Center on the former Nuclear Plant Area. After a lot of Scandals with their Belgium-Partners with the Atomic Waste - they closed the Nuclear Plant for ever. The German and Belgium Companys here declared highly radioactive Atomic Waste as harmless... to save Money for the Disposal - which is a big No Go for me.

Now there is Google. Frankfurt is becoming more and more a Global Player in the Data Center and Internet-Industry - which needs a lot of Electric-Power.

When you know how they Act and Scam with their higly dangerous Nuclear Waste - you will never get them as a Neighbour again. I pay some Cents more (0,27 Cents for 1 kWh) and will be safe. Germany uses at this time around 50 Percent of Energy from renewable Energy and my Contract is for 100 % renewable Energy. You can choose here which Energy your Energy-Company will buy from your Money.

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Processor Ryzen Threadripper 3970X
Motherboard Asus Zenith 2 Extreme Alpha
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Case The big Thermaltake that looks like a Case Mods
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA 1600W T2
Mouse Corsair thingy
Keyboard Razer something or other....
VR HMD No headset yet
Software Windows 11 OS... Not a fan!!
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
How are you ending up at 1p/kWh? That's a tenth or so of typical US cost.
Well sometimes my electric is cheaper than cheap or I actually get paid to use it. It's not often that way but it's done with renewables, so wind, solar and water. It can really make things cheap but then during some periods of the day, it can get very expensive. I think the highest I've seen it is about the 80p/kW at it's worst, but the best I've seen is about the -20p/kW which is great :) If only it was like that all the time :)