• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Final Fantasy 13 - on Xbox 360?

mlupple

Processor Q6600
Motherboard Asus P5K-E Wifi
Memory 2GB DDR2 800
Video Card(s) 2900XT
Storage 74GB 10,000RPM, 320GB 7200RPM
Display(s) 1920x1200 Dell
Case Custom
Audio Device(s) Fatal1ty X-Fi
Power Supply Thermaltake 700w
Software Vista 64 Home Premium

angie1313

I never got in to Kingdom Hearts either. I'd feel like michael jackson playing as 9 year old girls in bikinis with disney characters.

ok thanks! Now I need to get that image out of my head...

Ongaku

1. Graphics:
Right. Graphics over gameplay. :wtf: Sadly, many others follow this same path...

2. Slow Gameplay:
Arent all RPG style games somewhat slow? It's not like FF10 was a hardcore FPS game like Unreal Tournament.

3. Reading Convorsations:
Oh Noes! Reading? Who the hell reads anymore? Oh, wait... right...

:respect:

That's what I've been trying to explain to my dad forever. He bought me Final Fantasy V and VI for the Playstation and got all mad because the graphics were crap.

FFVII was the first one I played and it is one of the best ones. It's at a tie with FFVI for me. I don't much care about the new ones now, I love older games...more challenging ;) I was pretty surprised I beat FFX in 3 weeks...come on...too easy :p

joinmeindeath417

System Name SINNAH
Processor AMD Phenom II x4 955 3.8ghz AIR
Motherboard ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
Cooling 3 fans of MADNESS
Memory 4GB ADATA XPG DDR3 1600G
Video Card(s) ATI 4890 1GB GDDR5 memory
Storage 500gb SATAII
Display(s) 23" 1080p Acer H233Hbmid
Case Antec Three Hundred
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply OCZ StealthXStream / 600W / Active PFC
Software Windows 7 Professional 64bit
i dont think that its a big deal that ONE game is coming to both it really isn't big news but it does mean that M$ has the upper hand because the more "nonexclusive" games that are going to both consoles means better for M$. Cause lets face it..there game library stomps over the ps3 and im not a fanboy but i am just calling it like i see it the ONLY games that i think are worth having a ps3 for are MGS4, GT 5,and resistance. personally.

but yeah thats what i think it boils down to and why lots of sony fanboys are pissed because there console isn't getting the upper hand at all without some really good exclusive titles. and i think MGS4 is going to be released on the 360 within 6-12 months after its release on the PS3 just like bioshock did.

MoA

FinalFantasy XIII VERSUS will be exclusively for PS3

source: ffworld

mlupple

Processor Q6600
Memory 2GB DDR2 800
Video Card(s) 2900XT
Case Custom
i am just calling it like i see it the ONLY games that i think are worth having a ps3 for are MGS4, GT 5,and resistance.
I agree. I bought my first PS3 for $1,200 because I was a PS2 fanboy and had to have mine ASAP from Ebay. There are only 2 games that I enjoy for the PS3, and those are MGS4 and Motorstorm. I thought Resistance was just another FPS, and I'm looking forward to Gears2 much more than Resistance 2.

The good thing to come out of this year's E3 is some FIERCE competition between Microsoft and PS3. Now that MS has FF13, the companies are on level playing fields.

Processor i5-2500K @ 3.2Ghz
Motherboard ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
Memory Corsair Vengeance 8GB
Video Card(s) Radeon HD 7850 2GB
Storage 250GB Samsung EVO; 1TB WD Black
Display(s) 22" ASUS
Power Supply Rosewill Hive-650
Software Windows 8 64-bit
This is awesome, I still probably will get it for PS3 because of the controls, and because well....nothing else better to get for it XD and for anyone that says anything about the best game, play FF7, then tell me which one is the best XD

System Name BumBumBox
Processor AMD 5900x
Motherboard ITX
Cooling AIO
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) 3080ti
Storage 2TB
Software Win11
i was never into the FF games. i cant believe there is even 13 of them. damn.

Processor i5-2500K @ 3.2Ghz
Motherboard ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
Memory Corsair Vengeance 8GB
Video Card(s) Radeon HD 7850 2GB
Storage 250GB Samsung EVO; 1TB WD Black
Display(s) 22" ASUS
Power Supply Rosewill Hive-650
Software Windows 8 64-bit
More than that even, those are just the numbered game, some have sequals I think, but it's a lot for a single idea to create a line of games like that

System Name AM5
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard Asrock X670E Taichi
Cooling EK AIO Basic 360
Memory Corsair Vengeance DDR5 5600 64 Gb - XMP1 Profile
Video Card(s) AMD Reference 7900 XTX 24 Gb
Storage Samsung Gen 4 980 1 TB / Samsung 8TB SSD
Display(s) Samsung 34" 240hz 4K
Case Fractal Define R7
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME PX-1300, 1300W 80+ Platinum, Full Modular
Honestly they need to stop with Final Fantasy...It's just getting repitive in my opinion.

mlupple

Processor Q6600
Memory 2GB DDR2 800
Video Card(s) 2900XT
Case Custom
Honestly they need to stop with Final Fantasy...It's just getting repitive in my opinion.

No way. The story is different, and the gameplay is different. FFX, FFX2, FFXI, FFXII, FFXIII all have different style of play. It's basically different games with the same name.

Davidelmo

Processor Intel i7 920 @4.20Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte EX58 UD5
Cooling Titan Fenrir
Memory 6Gb Patriot 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) ATI HD4870 1Gb
Storage 2x250Gb Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0) plus 2B storage
Display(s) Samsung 22 inch Widescreen
Case Coolermaster HAF 932
Audio Device(s) Auzen Prelude 7.1
Power Supply PCP&P 750W Silencer
Software Win7 beta
on second thought, I might still get this on the PS3 if tthe 360 requires multiple discs.... maybe. just depends if there's online content then I get 4 360

So you would rather buy a brand new, expensive console than get up off the couch to change discs once or twice? Makes perfect sense :banghead:

Final Fantasy VII was an AMAZING game. I actually played it again recently and STILL enjoyed it. Sure the graphics are outdated but the story is still cool unlike lots of the games today which you could play if you're half asleep.

Ryethe

Processor AMD 5600+ X2 3.05GHz
Motherboard ECS KA3 MVP
Cooling Air
Memory 2x2GB OCZ Reaper 4-4-4-16
Video Card(s) 2x HIS 3870 ICE3 512MB GDDR4
Storage 250GB WDC 16MB Cache
Display(s) ACER AL2616W
Case XION II
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply 750Watt PC Power and Cooling
Benchmark Scores Crysis DX9 All High 1920x1200 ============================================================== TimeD
Man, the gameplay in FF7 and 10 are not nearly the same. In FF10 the dungeons are literally a straight line. No dead ends, barely any puzzles, almost no exploration to be done. And there were tons of random battles. I mean the battle rate in FF7 was high, but the battle rate in FF10 is obscene.

Don't get me wrong I love FF10 as I'm playing through it now, but there were a ton of missteps made that could have been avoided. I mean, sure the seamless evironments of Secret of Mana were really great, but you'd think in 2002, nearly 10 years later they wouldn't have LESS exploration using the same mechanic.

I will however agree with you that when FF7 came out were were still at the stage where 3d graphics would invariably age horribly. It's too bad really because looking at games like FF6 or Chrono Trigger, they still look really good as they were released at the pinacle of 2D graphics. It's too bad really, because 10 years from now, it'll be possible to still go back to FF10 but not so much FF7 due to the 3d graphic limitation of the time. I think we're finally hitting a point where 3d graphics will age very well, even very far into the future.

DaMulta

My stars went supernova
System Name Work in progress
Processor AMD 955---4Ghz
Motherboard MSi GD70
Cooling OcZ Phase/water
Memory Crucial2GB kit (1GBx2), Ballistix 240-pin DIMM, DDR3 PC3-16000
Video Card(s) CrossfireX 2 X HD 4890 1GB OCed to 1000Mhz
Storage SSD 64GB
Display(s) Envision 24'' 1920x1200
Case Using the desk ATM
Audio Device(s) Sucky onboard for now :(
Power Supply 1000W TruePower Quattro
FF7 WAS ALL about the graphics at the time....that's why it never came out on N64 because there wasn't plenty of space for the game.

I really wish they would of done this only on the ps3 and went all out with it.

Cold Storm

Battosai
System Name Haro
Processor AMD 1700x
Motherboard AsRork x370 Taichi
Cooling EK Custom Loop - CPU only
Memory 32gb G-Skill Trident Z
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 Superclock 2
Storage Too Many
Display(s) Viewsonic VX2450WM-LED 24" & LG 32 IPS
Case Cooler Master Cosmos II
Power Supply Cooler Master V1000
Mouse SteelSeries Rival 500
Software Win10 Pro
Benchmark Scores i5 750 4.62ghz pi runs // Evga FTW p55
Square-Enix knows that if they throw it onto both consoles then they will get the base of what really was FF X.... After the PS2 people went to both 360 and PS3. So, why make it a exclusive game when maybe half of your fan base went to 360? It would be stupid. Yes, Final Fantasy has been a sony based game, but there is all ways change. Now, not everyone is wooing over Sony... I for one am glad. I can get ether version, but so far I'm leaning towards the 360 version. But, this is my personal opinion on it all.

i liked 7 but that was it too much of the pokemon style battling and text and cut scenes

most of the game you ran into random battles and usually it was piss easy guys just pure annoying running to the next bit and there are 50 easy battles on the way

if you like those kind of pick a move to fight and gain exp style games its the best

if there was a final fantasy game in the 3rd person style like mass effect i know its not what final fantasy is about but come on it get boring

Kei

System Name ...no name yet
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800x3D
Motherboard ASUS STRIX X670E-E Wi-Fi
Cooling EK Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux-D-RGB
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws DDR5 6000Mhz CL36 32GB (2x16)
Video Card(s) MSI 4090 Gaming Trio
Storage 1Tb Samsung 860 SSD, twin 2TB Samsung nvme drives
Display(s) Asus ROG Swift PG279Q IPS gsync 2k
Case Thermaltake P5 wall mounted and backlit with Corsair lighting node pro
Power Supply EVGA P3 1000w
Mouse Logitech G9x (awesome!)
Keyboard Logitech G105
VR HMD Pimax 5k+
Software Windows 10 64Bit
Benchmark Scores CPU-Z 698s/7465m (7800x3D result)
1. Graphics:
Right. Graphics over gameplay. :wtf: Sadly, many others follow this same path...

2. Slow Gameplay:
Arent all RPG style games somewhat slow? It's not like FF10 was a hardcore FPS game like Unreal Tournament.

3. Reading Convorsations:
Oh Noes! Reading? Who the hell reads anymore? Oh, wait... right...

Sad indeed that there are many who think this way. I must say that I enjoyed 7 more than any of the other games overall as well as the characters in the game which have a huge bearing on how much you'll enjoy something which simply can't be denied.

These days games are far too easy and trade actual gameplay and difficulty for pretty flashes of light and polygons on screen. It seems that majority of the people speaking against FF7 were born into a time period when all games had to look uber super CG pretty in order to achieve decent/great ratings so seeing something from way back in '97 is an eyesore to them. When you grow up with a certain type of thing I suppose it's harder to get past that and see something different for what it's worth. They would also have to be 5 or 6yrs old and have played it in order not to be victim of that. So it's understandable graphics wise why they wouldn't give the game further inspection though they really should. Another thing about this 'ugly' graphics thing...it's like saying a movie that was released back in VHS days is bad because it's not pretty like Blu-Ray or HD DVD. Good thing I was born in the era of single button controllers :p

I must say though that while the choosing graphics over gameplay thing is truly sad...nothing is worse than seeing someone say they wouldn't play a game because they actually had to read. Makes me want to call out for an intervention for that person. :shadedshu

K

Edit: On topic I saw this FF thing happening a long time ago I'm just glad that it's finally official and I'm surely buying it. It would've been nice to get Versus as well though. There are only a couple more games that need to go multiplatform left and I'll have absolutely no reason to want a PS3. Damn shame though, it's a good piece of hardware it just doesn't have the software that I'm looking for at all. I don't even care about the price of the thing as I bought both of the other PS systems for a single game regardless of the price. I had money in hand to pick up my PS3 on launch day but GT5 was looking more and more like it was never coming out...I'm glad I didn't pick it up that day because my fear was justified.

I'm sure things will go a bit better for them if they have some quality software released now that they have a controller that's better. I wish them luck...

Last edited:
lol. It seems right that in the poll most people who voted are under 20. FFVII had the best graphics of its time. That's why the hype actually begun, because of the graphics. You people wouldn't have ever played it if it were not for those awesome cut-scenes. I for one play FF from way before that and it was always one of my favorite RPG's. BUT not for it's graphics, rather for it's content. There are no other games out there that you can play for 100 hours. People complain that FFX had too many battles. Yeah you probably encountered thousands of enemies throughout that game and every time the scene changed from the world or dungeon view to the battle mode, but tell me this: did you ever encounter a bug in that game??? Or did any other game from Square ever crapped on you and made you reset your console or PC? :shadedshu As for not playing a game because you have to read stuff, that makes me think you never read a book in your life, so I probably don't have anything to speak with you.

On topic: This is great news, although it's kinda sad that Square are switching sides again. This means I will be able to play another game from this great series. Mass Effect ran pretty well on my system so this should as well. :D