• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Gas Power Games Will Close Down If KickStarter Fails!

System Name Thought I'd be done with this by now
Processor i7 11700k 8/16
Motherboard MSI Z590 Pro Wifi
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, 9x aigo AR12
Memory 32GB GSkill TridentZ Neo DDR4-4000 CL18-22-22-42
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 2x Geforce RTX 3070
Storage 1TB MX300 M.2 OS + Games, + cloud mostly
Display(s) Samsung 40" 4k (TV)
Case Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic EVO Black
Audio Device(s) onboard HD -> Yamaha 5.1
Power Supply EVGA 850 GQ
Mouse Logitech wireless
Keyboard same
VR HMD nah
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores no one cares anymore lols
idk I'm still having a hard time seeing the relevance of a publisher in 2013.

they look like cable companies grasping at a market that doesn't want what they have to offer.

with online distribution channels so easily accessed the only thing that a publisher brings to the table is funding. (marketing these days is much much cheaper than it used to be, plus most of the time it comes with the distribution service)

they are not the only source of it, and really any other outlet wouldn't be so "handsy" plus to take that kind of cut off the top, it doesn't seem worth while at all to use one.

we're in the middle of a major transition in how we get all of our entertainment. The mobile market has proven itself to be far better for both users and content creators alike. The reason is cost and convenience.

a mobile variant is always cheaper AND you can view the content anywhere rather than just at home.

getting your content out there is much cheaper for a developer and they get more of the cut than they do in traditional publishing. Also you remain mostly independent (although dependent on a third party distribution, you get to control your content, when you launch it, etc).Which means that in the case of THQ, you wouldn't have to worry about going down with the ship unless you're the thing causing it to sink (in which case business managers are cheap now, tons of people are desperate for any job to help them pay off their mba)

Right now what I see is publishers trying to get a choke hold on the market before it slips through their fingers...unless your name is activision, it doesn't appear to be working.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard AsRock X670E Phantom Gaming Lightning
Cooling Be Quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB (2 x 16GB)
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX
Storage Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Crucial P3 NVMe M.2 2TB
Display(s) LG OLED55G2PUA
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG Certified
Audio Device(s) Digital out to high end dac and amps.
Power Supply EVGA GQ 1000W
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Logitech G413 Carbon
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Rift S, Quest 2, Quest 3
Software Windows 10 Pro
I didn't like any of their games so they can close their doors for all I care. There I said it.

System Name Gwafwar
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Msi MPG X570 Gaming Plus
Memory 16Gb Adata Spectrix 3600 Cl18
Video Card(s) Palit GTX970 SLI
Storage Adata 512Gb SX8200 pro
Display(s) 3x 27" 1080p Lg's
Case Coolermaster 690 II pure black
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Coolermaster 750W Masterwatt
Mouse Saitek X65-f HOTAS
Software Win10 Pro