• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Getting random BSOD

Processor Intel i9 9900K @5GHz w/ Corsair H150i Pro CPU AiO w/Corsair HD120 RBG fan
Motherboard Asus Z390 Maximus XI Code
Cooling 6x120mm Corsair HD120 RBG fans
Memory Corsair Vengeance RBG 2x8GB 3600MHz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 3080Ti STRIX OC
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB , 970 EVO 1TB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD, 10TB Synology DS1621+ RAID5
Display(s) Corsair Xeneon 32" 32UHD144 4K
Case Corsair 570x RBG Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Corsair Virtuoso XT Wireless RGB
Power Supply Corsair HX850w Platinum Series
Mouse Logitech G604s
Keyboard Corsair K70 Rapidfire
Software Windows 11 x64 Professional
Benchmark Scores Firestrike - 23520 Heaven - 3670
So, I decided to try and finalize my Vista custom install and give it a whirl in VMware before adding the absolute final touches (unattended install stuff) and upon starting the program, the comptuer gives me a BSOD that gives me an error code of STOP: 00000024 (you get the idea). I Googled around on what it meant and I get this: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pr...serv/reskit/prork/prhd_exe_ebam.mspx?mfr=true

The BSOD mentions the NTFS.sys file that is mentioned on teh link above.

I decided to go to a command prompt and do a chkdsk without any parameters and it finds errors on my C: drive. Since I cannot fix the errors within Windows, it asks me if I want to do a chkdsk upon system startup. I say yes, reboot, and i stare at a black screen for 3-4 minutes before it just reboots itself and goes through POST and eventually throws me back onto the desktop with nothing fixed/changed.

Is there a way I can quick fix this or am I just going to have to format? If I have to format, Im just going to have to wait until my new mobo gets here next week. (hopefully)

Thanks guys.