• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help Re-flashing a mining card? Flashing error "No Adapter Found"

MutantOwO

Okay so this might need some explain but please read though. I purchased a RX570 off of ebay (i know sketchy) and everything seemed fine until i got it in my pc. Long story short i found out it had been used for mining and was like "oh fuck" at the time i had no clue wtf flashing was i was just googling stuff until it worked. I got the card working with this weird file i found on this Russian site (again sketchy ik) but it worked and i was happy for a while. Until i realized that it was not performing at the levels it should? So i searched around again posted on Reddit for help then found myself on this website with a guide on how to flash a gpu. I was scared but today was the day i decided ive had enough of this constant crashing and weird quirks and actual tried to flash the original bios onto it, but HUGE problem when i got into the black screen with all the text (I don't remember its name im kinda dumb) i put in the command like i was suppose to "atiflash -i" and it said "No adapter found" and then i looked around online for people with the same issue and i tried "atiflash -i 1" that didn't work so i found that it probably means someone flubbed up the previous flashing and you have to do this weird wire thing that went totally over my head.

TLDR i went to flash and it said "No adapter found" and i tried "atiflash -i 1" still nothing so i am just wondering if i am dumb and missed something or i just need to do something else entirely or if its just fucked and im shit out of luck.

If you have any questions pop them down below and i will try to answer them (also if you explain something explain it like your talking to a 80 year old who knows nothing cuz i can be really dumb sometimes)

System Name just ordinary potato system, but dont understimate potato..
Processor ryzen raven ridge 2200g, ryzen 2600 upgrade:)
Motherboard msi b350 pc mate, biostars a320, asrock ab350m micro
Cooling x2 cheap china handmade, i got plenty aigo/fantech rgb fans now heh
Memory klevv dual channel 8gb 3000mhz, trident 16gb 3600mhz, random ddr2 stick
Video Card(s) back to square, using vega 56 now:D
Storage wd green ssd 240gb, 3tb seagate expnasion, random laptop hdd x4, 1tb 3.5
Display(s) acer vgo 22inch fullhd 75hz
Case cheap segotep/dazumba mid atx, alcatroz mini atx
Audio Device(s) genius retro wood style, harman kardon stick iii
Power Supply be quite system power9, powerlogic standar, voltron 300fx, thermaltake smart 1200w
Mouse rexus, genius ps/2, powerlogic ps/2 ball tracking
Keyboard rexus, random china product x3
Software talking abt best software, autodesk/unity3d/notepad yes notepad!!
Benchmark Scores theres nothing to brag abt potato, but it can run decent 30fps fullhd with good setting:)
try "0" instead 1, 0 determinate slot 1 of your m/b pcie, if you need more information wait for this person @eidairaman1
provide white sticker from your gpu may help him find suitable bios for your card

MutantOwO

try "0" instead 1, 0 determinate slot 1 of your m/b pcie, if you need more information wait for this person @eidairaman1
Thank you i will try this out and let you know how it goes :)

provide white sticker from your gpu may help him find suitable bios for your card
I know it took me a while to try it but sadly it did not work, but thank you for helping :)

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Thank you i will try this out and let you know how it goes :)

I know it took me a while to try it but sadly it did not work, but thank you for helping :)

Please take pictures of the white stickers located on the back of the card or on the side of the card's heatsink, post pictures here. Please remove the card heatsink and take clear pictures of the memory surrounding the graphics die, I need the info from 1 of the chips to determine what bios may work for you.

MutantOwO

Please take pictures of the white stickers located on the back of the card or on the side of the card's heatsink, post pictures here. Please remove the card heatsink and take clear pictures of the memory surrounding the graphics die, I need the info from 1 of the chips to determine what bios may work for you.
Hello thank you for the help the pictures are attached (btw I don't think the previous owner of this card ever cleaned it so I did my best but some dust was just coated on apologies if it makes it tough)
IMG_20191207_160246.jpg
IMG_20191207_162220.jpg
1575761300087884651561496590927.jpg

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Its ok I will let you know what works for you by tomorrow. Thanks for pics, do not abandon the thread

This seems to be what you need

@MutantOwO

MutantOwO

Its ok I will let you know what works for you by tomorrow. Thanks for pics, do not abandon the thread

This seems to be what you need

@MutantOwO
I have gone through the same flashing process form beginning to end again with the new bios and the same result has occurred? I even made sure to have the bios switch in the right position AND i tried the other position to just for good measure, and still same result? I tried "atiflash -i" "atiflash -i 0" and "atiflash -i 1", still the same error "no network adapter found" i even used a different thumb drive and tried both bios switch positions and all the same commands. I Assume this is worst case scenario other than just straight up bricking the card, so any advice on where to go next is appreciated (even if the only option is upgrade to a less shit card just give it to me straight)

Storage wd green ssd 240gb, 3tb seagate expnasion, random laptop hdd x4, 1tb 3.5
Power Supply be quite system power9, powerlogic standar, voltron 300fx, thermaltake smart 1200w
Benchmark Scores theres nothing to brag abt potato, but it can run decent 30fps fullhd with good setting:)
re plug your rx570, booting with onboard/secondary gpu, then try -i "nombor of your 570 slot" again, it should appears if the card detected
anyway what version of atiflash you used? i sugest use new version

MutantOwO

re plug your rx570, booting with onboard/secondary gpu, then try -i "nombor of your 570 slot" again, it should appears if the card detected
anyway what version of atiflash you used? i sugest use new version
I used the most updated version of atiflash and tried it and it said it worked but i have not stressed tested it yet but i haven't had any issues i will let you know in a few hours i have any gpu related

I used the most updated version of atiflash and tried it and it said it worked but i have not stressed tested it yet but i haven't had any issues i will let you know in a few hours i have any gpu related
dunno know whats the problem, but i suspect your pcie slot somewhat not connected, even an brick card can be detected by amdvbflash -i command, try clean up your gpu&mobo pcie, goodluck:)

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Yes ATI flash within Windows itself you do not need to use the command prompt

System Name AM2/AM3 board, Vista 32-bit OS, base memory on 128-bit bus
Processor Athlon II, 2X 245 at 2900MHz
Motherboard M4A875-m
Cooling std, air
Memory 2.0GB DDR2 800MHz
Video Card(s) nVidia GeForce: GT530, 1.0GB, DDR3
Storage SATA III drive 500+ GB
Case low center of gravity, Thermalke, V-100
Audio Device(s) HD Audio, run on Kinter SS amp
Power Supply 600W
Mouse PS2
Software 8.17.13.0142 nvidia suite
MutantOwO, thank you for describing your similar finds.

Further, w.r.t vbios flash and a lack of a signature in the video card, I can report that testing done over last weekend gives me no encouragement on the discovery of the adapter, either through the utility of TECH POWER-UP to make changes on the PCIe cards in use with advanced operational system controls, or, in determining the pcie's presence and a footprint by another software tool.

The tool I used came from amdvbflashWIN and amdvbflash. The flashSWIM was inoperative in DOS environment, a 2MB~ exec-file. The other for use
with MS Vista system only produced two non-zero actions. (command line activity)

Of the reply of query to save a ROM original, the error "ROM ERROR OFL01" was output, I think.

My XFX HD6850-xxxx fan discontinued to work at the opening of the weekend trials. Where before it was responsive to motherboard changes in changing blades increase, level, and decrease rpm.

Command option inquiry, exclude no-pcie, and get info:

"Please wait, Flashing in progress" , "Adapter not found" , "Cannot find discrete ATI Video card".

One promising action came from option to unlock. "ROM Unlocked". Unfortunately, other outcomes not as indicative.

The HD6850 from XFX has clearance holes for a bar over a serial of identical components, presumably to serve as a sink. However, the actual heat conductor or clamp is missing. This is similar to the board in the MutantOwO photo. I provided the new single fan, and things did not look up for the HD6850. So in my case, the voltages warrant an exam to find whatever areas the video card are blanking out.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
MutantOwO, thank you for describing your similar finds.

Further, w.r.t vbios flash and a lack of a signature in the video card, I can report that testing done over last weekend gives me no encouragement on the discovery of the adapter, either through the utility of TECH POWER-UP to make changes on the PCIe cards in use with advanced operational system controls, or, in determining the pcie's presence and a footprint by another software tool.

The tool I used came from amdvbflashWIN and amdvbflash. The flashSWIM was inoperative in DOS environment, a 2MB~ exec-file. The other for use
with MS Vista system only produced two non-zero actions. (command line activity)

Of the reply of query to save a ROM original, the error "ROM ERROR OFL01" was output, I think.

My XFX HD6850-xxxx fan discontinued to work at the opening of the weekend trials. Where before it was responsive to motherboard changes in changing blades increase, level, and decrease rpm.

Command option inquiry, exclude no-pcie, and get info:

"Please wait, Flashing in progress" , "Adapter not found" , "Cannot find discrete ATI Video card".

One promising action came from option to unlock. "ROM Unlocked". Unfortunately, other outcomes not as indicative.

The HD6850 from XFX has clearance holes for a bar over a serial of identical components, presumably to serve as a sink. However, the actual heat conductor or clamp is missing. This is similar to the board in the MutantOwO photo. I provided the new single fan, and things did not look up for the HD6850. So in my case, the voltages warrant an exam to find whatever areas the video card are blanking out.

Stop using ATI Flash in DOS or a command prompt, that is a reason why you're getting that stupid error.

There's a certain command you have to answer before you flash using the command prompt only if you used Dos the card will not be detected.

You must open the command prompt with administrative rights do not use the Dos

Enter this command first

Amdvbflash.exe -unlockrom 0

Then enter this command

Amdvbflash -f -p 0 XXXX .rom

Note: XXXX is the name of the VBIOS file you downloaded. You can also change the downloaded file name to a simple name.

Easiest way to flash a gpu is to open atiflash.exe in windows

System Name AM2/AM3 board, Vista 32-bit OS, base memory on 128-bit bus
Processor Athlon II, 2X 245 at 2900MHz
Motherboard M4A875-m
Cooling std, air
Memory 2.0GB DDR2 800MHz
Video Card(s) nVidia GeForce: GT530, 1.0GB, DDR3
Storage SATA III drive 500+ GB
Case low center of gravity, Thermalke, V-100
Audio Device(s) HD Audio, run on Kinter SS amp
Power Supply 600W
Mouse PS2
Software 8.17.13.0142 nvidia suite
The comment provided above to flash on <amdvbflash -f -p 0 'XXXX.rom'> is a not lower case letter 'A'.
The other thing is that to work the atiflash.exe is the 8.3 format, which happens when the 'atiflash' is inserted into the place holder for 'amdvbflash' to bring that into eight letter form (I have not tried this).
On AMD mobo, number 1 slot=PCIe_1x, with a single PCIe_16x slot (position 2). The others are PCI (pci 2.0). If the Radeon HD685x.ZCFC electronic signature is blown away by DOS operands, it is just guesswork for the 'atiflash' to latch onto that device string, left dangling in root_devices.

My other problem, and it is a BIG problem, that to acheive a screen it is a phenomenal event, as the HD6850 in the system appears to work only when it may be un-detected, because I have to rely on the onboard graphics. The system BIOS may be confused about what there is in the connectors. Using a PCI-board for another VGA may bring it other confusion (blank screen).
Furthermore and additionally, in the Vista 32-bit desktop, the CPU-Z application is not compliant to get what it wants at times.
I notice that while most all of the place holders are filled, the request to save a copy of the vBIOS is refused. So when the menu prompt to call up the BIOS-save is made, it implies that it cannot be opened and says the BIOS cannot be saved to the drive.

D

Deleted member 185158

The comment provided above to flash on <amdvbflash -f -p 0 'XXXX.rom'> is a not lower case letter 'A'.
The other thing is that to work the atiflash.exe is the 8.3 format, which happens when the 'atiflash' is inserted into the place holder for 'amdvbflash' to bring that into eight letter form (I have not tried this).
On AMD mobo, number 1 slot=PCIe_1x, with a single PCIe_16x slot (position 2). The others are PCI (pci 2.0). If the Radeon HD685x.ZCFC electronic signature is blown away by DOS operands, it is just guesswork for the 'atiflash' to latch onto that device string, left dangling in root_devices.

My other problem, and it is a BIG problem, that to acheive a screen it is a phenomenal event, as the HD6850 in the system appears to work only when it may be un-detected, because I have to rely on the onboard graphics. The system BIOS may be confused about what there is in the connectors. Using a PCI-board for another VGA may bring it other confusion (blank screen).
Furthermore and additionally, in the Vista 32-bit desktop, the CPU-Z application is not compliant to get what it wants at times.
I notice that while most all of the place holders are filled, the request to save a copy of the vBIOS is refused. So when the menu prompt to call up the BIOS-save is made, it implies that it cannot be opened and says the BIOS cannot be saved to the drive.

Windows Vista was always problematic.
But perhaps this thread can give you some assistance.
Or

Right click the exe and run compatibility mode for W7(if available option or XP). Then proceed with the flash.

Can try AtiFlash 2.74 also. Can DL from here (I recommend to try this one)

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Windows Vista was always problematic.
But perhaps this thread can give you some assistance.
Or

Right click the exe and run compatibility mode for W7(if available option or XP). Then proceed with the flash.

Can try AtiFlash 2.74 also. Can DL from here (I recommend to try this one)
The latest flash is the amdvbflash.exe

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Tested working well with Vista??
I have no idea. I used AtiFlash, W7 had no issues 6950 "shrugs"

The atiflash you download from here (latest) you use amdvbflash.exe as the command prompt parameter, that is how vega cards and navi cards can be flashed.