• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help with psu please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Processor faster at instructions than yours
Motherboard more nurturing than yours
Cooling frostier than yours
Memory superior scheduling & haphazardly entry than yours
Video Card(s) better rasterization than yours
Storage more ample than yours
Display(s) increased pixels than yours
Case fancier than yours
Audio Device(s) further audible than yours
Power Supply additional amps x volts than yours
Mouse without as much gnawing as yours
Keyboard less clicky than yours
VR HMD not as odd looking as yours
Software extra mushier than yours
Benchmark Scores up yours
Gee whiz! :( It seems folks are so eager to show where someone else is wrong, they don't even look at their own sources! :(

Many PSUs have a feature where the fan does not start to spin until a certain thermal threshold is crossed inside the PSU.

DF - If you look at your own graph, it clearly says "Fanless" Mode! And look at the graph and at the magenta line, it does indeed starts at 0 RPM. That's off or "Fanless" to me.

Assimilator - If you look at that graph too, note also the "*" and how it says " *Fan mode activation points are estimated." If not activated to until those points, that means is NOT spinning until those points.

Now if you guys don't believe your own sources, go tell Seasonic they are wrong, not me! But please don't refer to graphs and links that don't even support your inaccurate claims. :(

Well, I have had inconsistent service from Corsair so I personally prefer Seasonic. But that's me.
your ego is getting the best of your desire to always be "correct". Get this through your head Bill, you were WRONG. You are WRONG on the link above as only the S3FC starts in fanless move, the S2FC starts in fanless mode when it's off (as in no power, PC is off).

Both cost 90 euros
flip a coin, no bad decision. Seasconic obviously has its fan base and for good reason. Corsair has excellent customer support in case anything happens. I'm not sure why Seasonic rebranded the focus series but typically companies do that for cost cutting measures. I've yet to see a review on this "new" rebrand, the original focus had very good reviews.

Last edited:
System Name Brightworks Systems BWS-6 E-IV
Processor Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.9GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 Rev 1.0
Cooling Quality case, 2 x Fractal Design 140mm fans, stock CPU HSF
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3000 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) EVGA GEForce GTX 1050Ti 4Gb GDDR5
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SSD
Display(s) Samsung S24E650BW LED x 2
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 550W G2 Gold
Mouse Logitech M190
Keyboard Microsoft Wireless Comfort 5050
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
Do you also have a positive service experience from Seasonic, or just a bad from Corsair?
We've done a couple dozen builds with various Seasonic PSUs over the last 2 - 3 years and thus far, they are all still working - or at least no client has come back and complained. And while I cannot remember any failures with Corsair TX lines, we have seen a few with their lower tier models and some inconsistent build quality with a few of their other products.

I bought the Corsair TX650M Gold a week ago. It looks like a quality product and makes zero noise. As for the durability, time will tell.
Thank you all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.