• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

I need help with install of windows xp home sp2

sammy29926

Hi everybody,
I am in the process of installing windows xp home sp2 to my newly build budget system. It keeps telling me this file did not copy right . Enter to try again , ect to skip it or f3 to exit set up. After skip some files and get the windows actually install the xp to my hard drive.On my first try to load win xp it gives me option to open in safe mode, safe mode with command promt and open in in normal mode... which option i choose it newer opens and starts to boot up again... I am confused and this is my first build any help would be great.
Sammy

DaMulta

My stars went supernova
System Name Work in progress
Processor AMD 955---4Ghz
Motherboard MSi GD70
Cooling OcZ Phase/water
Memory Crucial2GB kit (1GBx2), Ballistix 240-pin DIMM, DDR3 PC3-16000
Video Card(s) CrossfireX 2 X HD 4890 1GB OCed to 1000Mhz
Storage SSD 64GB
Display(s) Envision 24'' 1920x1200
Case Using the desk ATM
Audio Device(s) Sucky onboard for now :(
Power Supply 1000W TruePower Quattro
reinstall again and make sure no figure prints or scratches are on the CD.

If this is a new CD you need to run this. http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

It's wise to run that on a new build in the first place to make sure your ram is good. If you have a bad stick of memory all sorts of weird things happen.

sammy29926

here is the story,
i tried a different cd rom and same thing is happening.. durin this process i ended up blowing my old computers PSU. I tried to swap my old hdd to my new set up and it does not load the win me at all.. same problem screen comes up and asks me windows did not load last try .. choose one of those safe mode, promp only mode etc. When i choose any of the option my new rig boots again and same screen appears... i am posting this with my old computer so i know this hdd is working properly...
i am really confused...could it be motherboard..? thanks fo your help
Sammy