• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

i7-10750H stuck at 3.4ghz/42W when running Cinebench R20

USRNME

Why is my laptop throttling down to 3.4ghz only in Cinebench R20? It definitely isn't thermal throttling since it didn't go past 60C, it also isn't power limit throttling since when testing using the Throttlestop TS Bench, it can pull up to 62W, so what is causing this very specific throttling just in Cinebench? General/gaming performance isn't affected by this but I was just curious since it did pull up 70W in Cinebench R20 before.

Laptop is the Lenovo Legion 5i (In Performance Mode)

Throttlestop settings and R20 log included:

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    1.3 MB · Views: 129
  • Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    1.2 MB · Views: 123
  • 2021-04-05.txt
    5.8 KB · Views: 85

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
Why is my laptop throttling
Look at the far right column of the log file. It shows constant EDP throttling. Your screenshot shows that Power Limit 4 is set to 65. It should probably be set to 165. You can also try setting this to 0. That usually tells the CPU to ignore this setting.

In the FIVR window you should set IccMax to the maximum value, 255.75 for the core and the cache. Try setting Power Limit 4 first to see if that solves your EDP throttling problem.

I avoid using any manufacturer software that lets you select Performance Mode. Maybe Lenovo should call this setting, performing badly mode.