• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

i7 8750h pl1 help

Anothermk4

I have an asus gl503ge laptop and after undervolting I did see my temps lower! But after 2-3 minuets in cinebench I will get pl1 throttling. I've done research here and else were and cannot figure it out my temps are good I don't know what else to tinker with. Any help would be appreciated!
Capture1.PNG
Capture.PNG
Capture2.PNG

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    29.7 KB · Views: 74

481x

PL1 is the long-term power limit. At full load, the 8750h (with a slightly deeper undervolt) on my GL703 running at all-core 3.9GHz easily draws over 70 watts. I have my PL1 (Turbo Boost Long Power Max) set to 80, to prevent PL1 throttling. Your PL1 (Turbo Boost Long Power Max) is set to 60. Increasing it by 15 watts, or a little more, may be enough to prevent PL1 throttling.

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
@Anothermk4 - When power limit throttling starts, have a look at ThrottleStop to see what your power consumption is. Long term, some laptops will throttle down to the 45W TDP. If that is not the case then follow the advice of @481x and raise the turbo power limits a little higher.

If you are lowering the turbo ratios to 34 to try and control heat then consider cleaning your laptop and replacing the thermal paste.

ThrottleStop 9.2 has a few new features compared to the version you are using.