• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel Xe-HPG Arc Alchemist Graphics Card Alleged Pricing Points Towards $650-$825 Range

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
Seem you are happy overpaying more-then-a-years-old hardware...are you crazy or something?
I think it's more desperation at the lack of GPU's that makes people more willing to pay the asked pries.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
These MSRPs are acknowledgement of the messed up market prices due to overdemand and undersupply.

Nvidia and AMD's MSRPs are unrealistic; If Intel's cards release at $650 and $825 and perform at the level of cards with a $650 and $825 street price, then all we really have here is Intel showing a competent understanding of the market value right now. It's vital to stress that when I say "perform" I don't mean the GPU itself, I mean the whole package - GPU, driver support, game profiles, encoder/audio/VRR features.

Should the ETH mining market crash in 2022 after a full transition away from mineable proof-of-work then all GPU prices will need to be adjusted as hundreds of millions of GPUs suddenly saturate the used market. Some miners will surely continue to mine other coins but at present the second most profitable coin will net GPU miners barely half what ETH provides and a huge influx of extra miners to a coin like RVN will immediately ramp up the difficulty and reduce mining profits even further.

Unless other proof-of-work coins massively increase in profitability, I think many miners will cut their losses and the mining boom will be over for another cycle.

At those prices I'd be surprised if they're sold out. Any of them.
There are fewer of them every day, and in other stores it is even more expensive. Do not compare US prices (often quoted excluding VAT), with European prices. In PL, it is often even more expensive than in the UK. For comparison, the RX 6700 XT in PL costs about 1000 pounds, not 700 ;)

Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Case Veddha T2
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
There are lot of comments in this thread expressing disappointment with Intel and pricing, as if those people expected Intel to be the good guys and swoop in to undercut AMD and Nvidia, redefining the price/performance point for the whole market segment.

Can I please just ask what drugs those people are taking? They must be really good.

Intel has never ever behaved like that. Not once since the days of the 286 when I used my first x86 computer have intel been anything other than monopolising profiteers. They will always sell the minimum viable product for the absolute maximum they can get away with. Not only that, they have a criminal track record of cheating, lies, and market manipulation both in strongarming customers into anti-competitive practices and as operating as a cartel member. Various courts around the world have found them guilty and fined them but you cannot assume that the mere slap-on-the-wrist those fines represent will have done anything to change the corrupt mindset that still directs Intel. Figureheads come and go but the owners of Intel who really get a say in the morals/ethics of the company are the same that they've been for several decades.

The only good thing from Intel entering the dGPU market is more supply and more competition which will, in a stable market, improve the experience and reduce prices for us consumers. All we need now is a stable market, something that hasn't really happened for a long time now....

LMK when I can get a decent performer (x70-tier) for $300-$400 (which will probably be never).

I wish these prices would get Intel, AMD, and NVIDIA in trouble for price-fixing, but that won't happen.
x60 tier is $330 now.

The $200-250 price point of last decade has changed because of a decade of inflation and China-US trade tariffs. A $300-400 price today is (if you reverse the inflation and remove the trade tariffs) exactly the $200-250 that the x60-tier cards used to cost. It impacts not just US citizens, but global customers of products made in China by US-owned companies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Processor Ryzen 5 7600X
Motherboard ASRock B650M PG Riptide
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory DDR5 6000Mhz CL28 32GB
Video Card(s) Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Palit GamingPro OC
Storage Corsair MP600 Force Series Gen.4 1TB
There are lot of comments in this thread expressing disappointment with Intel and pricing, as if those people expected Intel to be the good guys and swoop in to undercut AMD and Nvidia, redefining the price/performance point for the whole market segment.

Can I please just ask what drugs those people are taking? They must be really good.

Intel has never ever behaved like that. Not once since the days of the 286 when I used my first x86 computer have intel been anything other than monopolising profiteers. They will always sell the minimum viable product for the absolute maximum they can get away with. Not only that, they have a criminal track record of cheating, lies, and market manipulation both in strongarming customers into anti-competitive practices and as operating as a cartel member. Various courts around the world have found them guilty and fined them but you cannot assume that the mere slap-on-the-wrist those fines represent will have done anything to change the corrupt mindset that still directs Intel. Figureheads come and go but the owners of Intel who really get a say in the morals/ethics of the company are the same that they've been for several decades.

The only good thing from Intel entering the dGPU market is more supply and more competition which will, in a stable market, improve the experience and reduce prices for us consumers. All we need now is a stable market, something that hasn't really happened for a long time now....

x60 tier is $330 now.

The $200-250 price point of last decade has changed because of a decade of inflation and China-US trade tariffs. A $300-400 price today is (if you reverse the inflation and remove the trade tariffs) exactly the $200-250 that the x60-tier cards used to cost. Thank the worst US president in the history of the US for this horrible mistake - it impacts not just US citizens, but global customers of products made in China by US-owned companies.
The problem is when AMD released 6600 for $330 everyone started to cry about how high is the price and nobody will buy it even for 330 at the market, but when everyone hear how intel possible will sell cards with performance lower than the current cards with msrp of $500 for 800+ they are so excited how intel chose the right price. I can only say "brainless"

Last edited by a moderator:
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Case Veddha T2
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
The problem is when AMD released 6600 for $330 everyone started to cry about how high is the price and nobody will buy it even for 330 at the market, but when everyone hear how intel possible will sell cards with performance lower than the current cards with msrp of $500 for 800+ they are so excited how intel chose the right price. I can only say "brainless"
I think hoping for MSRP to mean anything at all in the current market is futile. The trick is to completely ignore MSRP where the market conditions dictate the pricing and the manufacturers get no real say in the matter.

Distributors are saying that they can't even get the cards from the manufacturers at MSRP which is insane because distributor costs should be much lower than MSRP to allow both distributors and retailers to stay in business.

ETH mining is the primary cause, and that's not going to change for at least 6 months, possibly longer. Keep an eye on whattomine.com if you want to see how profitable mining with GPUs is. Once profitability falls, miners will stop buying all the cards and creating a shortage, supply will finally meet demand and GPU pricing will bottom out for a year or two as all of the ex-mining cards flood the market.

These polls routinely dont have an answer for me.

Overpriced =/= They are out of their minds.

You're taking the polls too seriously :D

There is no problem with buying Radeons in the UK at the moment. An example from one of the stores (basically every major store has cards).

I considered several cards from here, also one GeForce in the list. However, the XFX RX 6700 XT Merc 319 Black quickly sold out, which I finally bought a few days ago for £729 with delivery.

There's several cards on the market, the problem is the insane prices, AIB already were always higher than the quoted MSRP from AMD/Nvidia but this generation that went all overboard with shortages, tarifs and even retailers marking up the prices

The problem is the 330$ quoted by AMD doesn't mean shit when the best I can find is 600€. If i can get a performance equivalent to the 3070/3080 for 799$ that would be great since i can only find the 3070/3070ti for over 1000€ anyway

Here it should be remembered that Nvidia, for unknown reasons set the reduced MSRP prices for 3000 series cards. Since such an RTX 3070 had an MSRP price of 469 pounds, and the performance of the RTX 2080 Ti costing more than twice as much.

Later, there were analyzes and comments from card manufacturers that these cards in non-reference versions cannot be sold at a profit at prices close to MSRP.

AMD, having no choice after playing Nvidia, also had to set the MSRP prices detached from reality.

Prices should be looked at objectively (ignoring even covid or problems on the semiconductor and other component market) in terms of price and performance. Still the RX 6700 XT offers performance at the RTX 2080 Ti level and even considering the current prices around 700 pounds for this card is like a promotion with RTX 2080 Ti prices oscillating before the current crisis at the level of 1000-1200 pounds.

People just got too used to the unrealistic MSRP prices of the current generation of cards and forgot about the prices of the previous generation, and some people would still want manufacturers to pay them to install some vendor's graphics card in their computers.

System Name Miami
Processor Ryzen 3800X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VII Formula
Cooling Ek Velocity/ 2x 280mm Radiators/ Alphacool fullcover
Memory F4-3600C16Q-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) XFX 6900 XT Speedster 0
Storage 1TB WD M.2 SSD/ 2TB WD SN750/ 4TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) DELL AW3420DW / HP ZR24w
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Gold 1000W+750W
Mouse Corsair Scimitar/Glorious Model O-
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 10 Pro
Not one reference.

Disregarding that the 6800 Xt exists(and might as well since both models cost nearly the same right now), several of the 6900s just different have coolers, with minor or no changes to the reference pcb. Buildzoid made a video breakdown of most the 6900 XT pcbs, Sapphire was the worst offender as they only stretched the reference pcb to add RGB lighting. Even then the ones that can longer be considered reference are just new cooler, slight overclock, barely any or no changes to the pcb IMO that doesn't justify costing 50%- 90% more. Since their sitting on the store shelf I'm not the only one who shares this opinion.

Last edited:

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Problem is inflation from mining and those willing to fork over 4000 for a GPU. I'd rather spend 1000 making good memories on a vacation or updating my truck in several areas then squander 3/4 of my bank account on 1 component.

I will not spend 400 on a 6 year old gpu (Reference) either. It very well be an AIB design and in Mint Condition, never abused.

By the time Intel launches these GPUs they will be 1 year old technology and both AMD and nvidia will have already moved forward. I'd rather see a PowerVR/Imagination Technologies Discreet GPU that is a viable contender like 3DFX.

Last edited:
Indeed. Quite steep pricing for this Intel midrange to lowrange thing. Not worth it no matter what. If this it Pat's idea of getting back in the game then they're sadly mistaken. 'Guess all that DLSS-like stuff costs. :)

System Name nope
Processor I3 10100F
Motherboard ATM Gigabyte h410
Cooling Arctic 12 passive
Memory ATM Gskill 1x 8GB NT Series (No Heatspreader bling bling garbage, just Black DIMMS)
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD7770 and EVGA GTX 470 and Zotac GTX 960
Storage 120GB OS SSD, 240GB M2 Sata, 240GB M2 NVME, 300GB HDD, 500GB HDD
Display(s) Nec EA 241 WM
Case Coolermaster whatever
Audio Device(s) Onkyo on TV and Mi Bluetooth on Screen
Power Supply Super Flower Leadx 550W
Mouse Steelseries Rival Fnatic
Keyboard Logitech K270 Wireless
Software Deepin, BSD and 10 LTSC
Dont need those prices, they can fck them self. :toast:

I play atm No Mans Sky and Assassins Creed Odyssey on my PS4 slim, ill 100% on Odyssey (lasts more than 70 hours gametime) :laugh:

The point is companys tell u, u need them u need them like a drug dealer.;)
But for real Odyssey looks pretty nice on the PS4 i dont need max out only cause nvidia, amd and intel mean i should pay 6,7,8,9,1000$ for a gpu.:confused:

For sure im not backward, ill buy the PS5 then if i can get the PS5 Slim.:clap:
Slim is the best with no release bugs etc. et a.. my ps2, ps3 and ps4 Slims working well, my first gen of this Console are all dead (only the ps1 still works).:love:

Last edited:
Who is this "everyone"? I wouldn't buy either. Especially since that mythical "$330" RX 6600 was more like £420 ($580) right from launch day in many regions...

Processor Ryzen 5 7600X
Motherboard ASRock B650M PG Riptide
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory DDR5 6000Mhz CL28 32GB
Video Card(s) Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Palit GamingPro OC
Storage Corsair MP600 Force Series Gen.4 1TB
Who is this "everyone"? I wouldn't buy either. Especially since that mythical "$330" RX 6600 was more like £420 ($580) right from launch day in many regions...
Huh? Maybe read the comments under the review of powercolor 6600 here in TPU

Huh? Maybe read the comments under the review of powercolor 6600 here in TPU
I did. And the RX 6600 was never "$330" even on launch day in many regions. What I meant though is that at time of writing, 67% of people voted "Are they out of their minds" and only 33% voted "If performance delivers, yes" on the poll. That's kinda the opposite of "everyone here is an Intel fanboy for 'liking' these prices" you wrote. There are plenty of us who think they're both crap without being a fanboy to either...

tabascosauz

Supporter
Staff member
System Name ab┃ob
Processor 7800X3D┃5800X3D
Motherboard B650E PG-ITX┃X570 Impact
Cooling NH-U12A + T30┃AXP120-x67
Memory 64GB 6000CL30┃32GB 3600CL14
Video Card(s) RTX 4070 Ti Eagle┃RTX A2000
Storage 8TB of SSDs┃1TB SN550
Display(s) 43" QN90B / 32" M32Q / 27" S2721DGF
Case Caselabs S3┃Lazer3D HT5
Stop the insults and flaming. If it's against the rules, use the report button. If it merely offends you for expressing a different opinion from yours, use your common sense and walk away if you have nothing nice to say.

Processor Ryzen 5700x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aero G R1.1 BiosF5g
Cooling Noctua NH-C12P SE14 w/ NF-A15 HS-PWM Fan 1500rpm
Memory Micron DDR4-3200 2x32GB D.S. D.R. (CT2K32G4DFD832A)
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6800 - Asus Tuf
Storage Kingston KC3000 1TB & 2TB & 4TB Corsair LPX
Display(s) LG 27UL550-W (27" 4k)
Case Be Quiet Pure Base 600 (no window)
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220-VB
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex V Gold Pro 850W ATX Ver2.52
Mouse Mionix Naos Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe with browns
Software W10 22H2 Pro x64
I guess budget sub $200 like the old RX480 or Gtx 1060 is now dead and would not comeback in a long time. Seem like even low end comes around $500 these days.
this is the new starting low

then a big gap, then $330 MRSP (double that in reality)

I think if AMD comes out with a 6500, its MRSP might be $240 ish, but it might be equivelent to an old 480/1060. I guess we will see when nvidia releases the 3050?

I think if AMD comes out with a 6500, its MRSP might be $240 ish, but it might be equivelent to an old 480/1060. I guess we will see when nvidia releases the 3050?

I'm holding for a 6300 at max 150, maybe 200 if they deliver something actually nice price/perf wise, either that or I'm buying an APU

Geezus, Intel has a chance to shake up the gaming market, and what does it do? Charge a premium price for a product that has'nt proved itself at all at this point. We dont know nothing about the driver quality either. We're not talking just one driver release but how fast their driver team catches up upon bug reports, new game releases and all that.

System Name nope
Processor I3 10100F
Motherboard ATM Gigabyte h410
Cooling Arctic 12 passive
Memory ATM Gskill 1x 8GB NT Series (No Heatspreader bling bling garbage, just Black DIMMS)
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD7770 and EVGA GTX 470 and Zotac GTX 960
Storage 120GB OS SSD, 240GB M2 Sata, 240GB M2 NVME, 300GB HDD, 500GB HDD
Display(s) Nec EA 241 WM
Case Coolermaster whatever
Audio Device(s) Onkyo on TV and Mi Bluetooth on Screen
Power Supply Super Flower Leadx 550W
Mouse Steelseries Rival Fnatic
Keyboard Logitech K270 Wireless
Software Deepin, BSD and 10 LTSC

My Bios flased GT710 with 2GB GDDR5 (@46,7GB/s), 954Mhz Stock, Chip: 1346.5 MHz will be hilarius after Maxwell u cant bios flash the gpu, anymore.

Yeah for sure why i cant flash my GT1030? for the reason the chip can do a much higher clock and bring much more performance, but nvidia say not via bios flash :)

At the end my GT 730 (BIOS flashed, 4GB GGDR5) have the similar perfromance like a GT 1030, but 2 GB more of its GDDR5 against the 1030:slap:

Yeah u can have 4 GB with the 1030 but only with DDR4 after that u slower than a Stock GT 710 with 2GB GDDR5:nutkick:
This 4GB DDR4 GT 1030 is slower than any APU before its sloewer than about 40% than a A8 IGP from 2010 compared with DDR3 1866 :)

Last edited:

tabascosauz

Supporter
Staff member
System Name ab┃ob
Processor 7800X3D┃5800X3D
Motherboard B650E PG-ITX┃X570 Impact
Cooling NH-U12A + T30┃AXP120-x67
Memory 64GB 6000CL30┃32GB 3600CL14
Video Card(s) RTX 4070 Ti Eagle┃RTX A2000
Storage 8TB of SSDs┃1TB SN550
Display(s) 43" QN90B / 32" M32Q / 27" S2721DGF
Case Caselabs S3┃Lazer3D HT5
Really.....say something nice or nothing at all huh? thats the new policy here? good to know....looking forward to the future of tpu's comment section.
And I have used the report button, does not seem to do anything so I guess I kinda have a feel for where the line is and its quite generous, ill stick closely to that line then myself as well, even if that means that imo the quality of this website goes downhill.

Like I said, cant beat em (by reporting) join em (by posting equally mindless fanboy nonsense)

The message wasn't directed towards you in particular, but since you decided you needed to get a word in -

It's not new isn't some revolutionary addition to basic online etiquette. Responding to bait/insults isn't helping the quality of the discussion in any way. Not my words:

Posting in a thread
  • Be polite and Constructive, if you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all.
    • This includes trolling, continuous use of bad language (ie. cussing), flaming, baiting, retaliatory comments, system feature abuse, and insulting others.

System Name Good enough
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7900 - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Motherboard ASRock B650 Pro RS
Cooling 2x 360mm NexXxoS ST30 X-Flow, 1x 360mm NexXxoS ST30, 1x 240mm NexXxoS ST30
Memory 32GB - FURY Beast RGB 5600 Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7900 XT - Alphacool Eisblock Aurora
Storage 1x Kingston KC3000 1TB 1x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB , 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 32GN650-B + 4K Samsung TV
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
While Intel is clearly out of touch with reality, I have to say that this is a very unfortunate time to enter this market anyway. So if they screw up, at least it wont be their fault entirely.

System Name Legion
Processor i7-12700KF
Motherboard Asus Z690-Plus TUF Gaming WiFi D5
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer 2 240mm AIO
Memory PNY MAKO DDR5-6000 C36-36-36-76
Video Card(s) PowerColor Hellhound 6700 XT 12GB
Storage WD SN770 512GB m.2, Samsung 980 Pro m.2 2TB
Display(s) Acer K272HUL 1440p / 34" MSI MAG341CQ 3440x1440
Case Montech Air X
Power Supply Corsair CX750M
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 25
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys
Software Lots
I actually think the Intel offerings MSRP will wind up being unrealistically low unless they have sufficient volume to fill the channel. I had given up on GPUs early this year and didn't look again until recently, but nothing has changed.

Intel's first two chips are supposedly in the area of RTX 3070 & 3080 performance, based on their core count and the DG1 performance that sounds about right. For the upper end part here at $825, that is the bottom end of current 3060 Ti pricing. If Intel's cards actually sell for that amount and are available, I'll be surprised.

Processor 13700KF Undervolted @ 5.6/ 5.5, 4.8Ghz Ring 200W PL1
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 w/ Arctic P12 Fans
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB WDC SN850, 1TB Samsung 960 prr
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.
While Intel is clearly out of touch with reality, I have to say that this is a very unfortunate time to enter this market anyway. So if they screw up, at least it wont be their fault entirely.

Unfortunate how? Nvidia and AMD are selling 6600's and 3060s like hotcakes. The market is starved for graphics -- if you're going to release a turd and have it sell out now is the best time ever. They almost can't screw it up.

System Name Good enough
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7900 - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Motherboard ASRock B650 Pro RS
Cooling 2x 360mm NexXxoS ST30 X-Flow, 1x 360mm NexXxoS ST30, 1x 240mm NexXxoS ST30
Memory 32GB - FURY Beast RGB 5600 Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7900 XT - Alphacool Eisblock Aurora
Storage 1x Kingston KC3000 1TB 1x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB , 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 32GN650-B + 4K Samsung TV
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
The market is starved for graphics -- if you're going to release a turd and have it sell out now is the best time ever. They almost can't screw it up.
Turd or not these will still go straight to miners. They're going to enter the discreet GPU segment and the target consumer base wont even see one. They might be able to make money now but long term this is a catastrophe for their brand recognition.

There are people out there that don't even know AMD is making GPUs, imagine how this will go for Intel.