• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Laptop Screen Issues

Processor AMD Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard MSI X570 Gaming Plus
Cooling Corsair H100
Memory 32 GB Team Xtreme DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 7900 XT
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600/2 TB Intel 660p
Display(s) 31.5" Acer ED323QUR
Case Corsair Carbide 500R
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 1000 GT
Mouse Havit HV-MS735
Keyboard Corsair K68 RGB
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Time Spy Graphics 26359 CPU 11728 Total 22203
I have a problem with my Eluktronics Mech 15 G2R laptop screen. I feel like an idiot now because I should known better but I was at a friend's house last month and brought my laptop with me. I was a bit bored so I booted a game. It was running fine. I had to move it to a different location and unplugged it without turning the game off and it immediately switched to battery. The screen went to minimum brightness and started flickering really bad. I thought it was a software issue so I restarted only to find my entire booting process is extremely dark and flickering too. When I try to increase the brightness, it only gets darker and the flickering gets worse. I've hooked up monitors through HDMI and DP and both are fine so I don't think it's a GPU issue, at least not with the dedicated one. Might be a different story for the iGPU which controls the laptop screen. As time has progressed, the flickering seems to get worse and sometimes the screen is too dark to even use.

I thought it might be a damaged screen but I saw one single YouTube video of a guy replacing his screen over the same issue and it was still present afterward. He was repairing the same model as mine. If it's not the backlight, is it possible that there may be a PWM issue with the screen?

I've pretty much given up hope I can repair the issue but I figured I'd do my due diligence and see if there's any wisdom you guys can share with me on this one. :) If there's any details I missed please feel free to ask. I appreciate the help regardless of whether there's any success troubleshooting it.

Last edited:
System Name Shoebox
Processor 3600x
Motherboard Msi b550m Mortar +WiFi
Cooling Cryorig m9
Memory Crucial Ballistix c16 B-die 2x8gb
Video Card(s) Powercolor rx570 4gb
Storage WD black sn750 256gb (OS), crucial mx500 1tb(storage),Hitatchi ?? 7200rpm 500gb(Temp files)
Display(s) Samsung 65" TU7100
Case Zzaw b3
Audio Device(s) Yamaha rx-v363
Power Supply Corsair sf750
Mouse Logitech g300s
Keyboard Custom Skyloong sk64s
Software Windows 11Pro
Seems like damage to the backlight circuit if your happy to open it up I would find a schematic and look for the voltage regulator that powers said backlight and see if it is outputting power within spec.