• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Editorial Linux Community Hit by the Blight of Social Justice Warfare, A Great Purge is Coming

This is going to sound crazy, but I can see both sides. Neither of them is right, but both come from a fundamentally reasonable place.

From the left, Linus has touted dickish behavior in the past. Part of his persona is admitting this, and being generally OK with what is going on. His points of a meritocracy are generally measured against the people that are being turned away from development, due to a perceived toxic environment which persists because of the behavior and conduct of current developers.

From the right, Linus gets the job done. The general benefits of a meritocracy are that the job gets done, and as efficiently as possible. You might prevent some people from contributing, but at the end of the day you've got something that works. Damn those without a thick enough skin, as whatever they could offer is not valuable.

I'd like to take this moment to offer nuance. People like Torvald are tolerated because they get the job done. The old phrase is that a 90% solution on-time is better than a 100% solution delivered late and over budget. This general ability to get the job done leads to an associated ego, which makes people impossible to prove wrong until failure strikes them hard. If you want to see this in action, look no farther than Apple. Their products used to "just work," then they became expensive, and now they are overpriced tech 2-3 generations behind (and sometimes can't do the video editing that they are touted as "being the best" at).

Likewise, social justice is a plague. People are claiming intolerance and inequity in areas that they view as somehow oppressive, changing the things which once catered well to their niche, and leaving a burnt-out husk where things used to be. I could highlight Evergreen, Star Wars, or even Battlefield. What I'd like to highlight is Warhammer. A game steeped in intentional non-sense, where they openly call their universe grim-dark. Despite the obvious nature of the parody, SJWs have taken to calling it sexist, taken the Trump God Emperor meme to be...real I guess, and tried to force the introduction of female space marines because it's unfair to not have them. It's trying to take something that does not belong to you, invent umbrage, force change, then leave because you "made everything better." Failing to see that your improvements killed the thing, and left the core audience alienated. GW has avoided this, but some of the other things highlighted did not...sigh.

I say all of this because the current Linux push is to change historic naming conventions without understanding anything about the past. The inclusion of master and slave terms is a topic for debate. Heaven forbid anyone see something like a PATA drive requiring a jumper. While Linus isn't exactly a beacon of reserved and reasonable responses, the proposed conduct code is the pendulum swinging too far in the other direction. Scrubbing everything so that nobody is offended by terminology is inviting too much insanity. Next, we'll not have male and female connectors. I'd like to propose an intermediary ground where toxicity is dealt with, not one where every perceived slight is toxicity.

Hopefully Linux can make that distinction, though for my money it'll probably be a better show than it should be. Torvald is nothing if not vocal. If my baby were being altered to make someone happy, who had no history of actually doing things, I'd be livid. Perhaps less than scorched earth livid, but it'd be impossible not to see where this is coming from. Sometimes coddling those who do not intend to make the coddling worth its required effort is...understandably something to oppose. That does not excuse bullish behavior, but sometimes the effort is worth the price.

Low quality post by Solidstate89
System Name CUBE_NXT
Processor i9 12900K @ 5.0Ghz all P-cores with E-cores enabled
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master
Cooling EK AIO Elite Cooler w/ 3 Phanteks T30 fans
Memory 64GB DDR5 @ 5600Mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA 3090Ti Ultra Hybrid Gaming w/ 3 Phanteks T30 fans
Storage 1 x SK Hynix P41 Platinum 1TB, 1 x 2TB, 1 x WD_BLACK SN850 2TB, 1 x WD_RED SN700 4TB
Display(s) Alienware AW3418DW
Case Lian-Li O11 Dynamic Evo w/ 3 Phanteks T30 fans
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME 1000W Titanium
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Found the local SJW. (confirmed by the reporting part)

But ok, I'll play your game for exactly one post: because this particular person is tranny.
Anyone else with such gender identity I would call, you know, "a person", because I don't give a shit about someone's gender if he acts like a human being. Not this one. This one is an asshole, and gives trans people a bad name. So in my world, it's a tranny I will mock (in my head that is).

P.S. I actually do know a person who made the real gender transition personally, and never once did I saw her/him yell SJW crap on social networks.
"I call people SJWs because they don't like when I use transphobic language and refer to another person as an 'it.'"

My boy you're pure trash.

System Name Skunkworks
Processor 5800x3d
Motherboard x570 unify
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB 3600 mhz
Video Card(s) asrock 6800xt challenger D
Storage Sabarent rocket 4.0 2TB, MX 500 2TB
Display(s) Asus 1440p144 27"
Case Old arse cooler master 932
Power Supply Corsair 1200w platinum
Mouse *squeak*
Keyboard Some old office thing
Software openSUSE tumbleweed/Mint 21.2
Way to show your ass by using a pejorative like "tranny" that's negative meaning is made especially clear given the context and tone in which you wrote your post (to say nothing of calling them an "it"). If only there was any point to reporting your post but given this awful op-ed is from a staff member, I doubt it would make any difference.
Stop being an SJW. Reporting him for saying "tranny" wouldnt do anything. using that word isnt a bannable offence.

If a word is so incredibly offensive to you, you are welcome to leave this particular forum, or learn to just ignore the word. As we said growing up, "Grow a spine and stop whining".

"I call people SJWs because they don't like when I use transphobic language and refer to another person as an 'it.'"

My boy you're pure trash.
Did you just ASSUME THEIR GENDER?!?

System Name My Ryzen 7 7700X Super Computer
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling DeepCool AK620 with Arctic Silver 5
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 EXPO (CL30)
Video Card(s) XFX AMD Radeon RX 7900 GRE
Storage Samsung 980 EVO 1 TB NVMe SSD (System Drive), Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB NVMe SSD (Game Drive)
Display(s) Acer Nitro XV272U (DisplayPort) and Acer Nitro XV270U (DisplayPort)
Case Lian Li LANCOOL II MESH C
Audio Device(s) On-Board Sound / Sony WH-XB910N Bluetooth Headphones
Power Supply MSI A850GF
Mouse Logitech M705
Keyboard Steelseries
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/liwjs3
OK, I'll admit that the Linux community does have it's toxicity but when it comes to writing code, if you can't write code or your code has more bugs than a roach motel then you have no damn business contributing code. I don't give a damn what color or gender you are, if you can't write code get the hell out of the damn code kitchen!!!

As for the complaint that there's not enough women in the IT world... well, we can't help it that nobody but men want to write code. It's the nature of writing code. Just look at the graduation rates for IT careers, a majority are MEN!!! You can't force women into doing something that they don't want to do, like many things in life... IT is a calling; not everyone gets that calling. Like most things in life, it's a calling just like there's a calling to be a lawyer, doctor, nurse, or even a priest/minister.

Lisa Su, CEO of AMD, she is a rare exception. Most women aren't interested in the hard core sciences, it's just how the female brain is wired. Most women go into forms of jobs where nurturing is central to the job, it's what the female brain is wired by nature for. That's not to say that women can't do the hard core sciences but that's just not what most women go into and it's certainly not because men are keeping them down.

Low quality post by Solidstate89
System Name CUBE_NXT
Storage 1 x SK Hynix P41 Platinum 1TB, 1 x 2TB, 1 x WD_BLACK SN850 2TB, 1 x WD_RED SN700 4TB
Stop being an SJW. Reporting him for saying "tranny" wouldnt do anything. using that word isnt a bannable offence.

If a word is so incredibly offensive to you, you are welcome to leave this particular forum, or learn to just ignore the word. As we said growing up, "Grow a spine and stop whining".
Not using slurs = SJW

Gotchya.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Likewise, social justice is a plague. People are claiming intolerance and inequity in areas that they view as somehow oppressive, changing the things which once catered well to their niche, and leaving a burnt-out husk where things used to be. I could highlight Evergreen, Star Wars, or even Battlefield. What I'd like to highlight is Warhammer. A game steeped in intentional non-sense, where they openly call their universe grim-dark. Despite the obvious nature of the parody, SJWs have taken to calling it sexist, taken the Trump God Emperor meme to be...real I guess, and tried to force the introduction of female space marines because it's unfair to not have them. It's trying to take something that does not belong to you, invent umbrage, force change, then leave because you "made everything better." Failing to see that your improvements killed the thing, and left the core audience alienated. GW has avoided this, but some of the other things highlighted did not...sigh.

This happened?? I completely missed it :D Wow. WOW

Low quality post by rtwjunkie

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
Too bad we can’t just report this whole thread which is now a stain on our community.

System Name Skunkworks
Processor 5800x3d
Motherboard x570 unify
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB 3600 mhz
Mouse *squeak*
Not using slurs = SJW

Gotchya.
Writing out a post complaining you cant report someone for using a "slur" = SJW, and you know it.

Too bad we can’t just report this whole thread which is now a stain on our community.
Nah, we need these now and again to contain the autism and keep it out of the other threads, at least for awhile.

System Name CUBE_NXT
OK, I'll admit that the Linux community does have it's toxicity but when it comes to writing code, if you can't write code or your code has more bugs than a roach motel then you have no damn business contributing code. I don't give a damn what color or gender you are, if you can't write code get the hell out of the damn code kitchen!!!

As for the complaint that there's not enough women in the IT world... well, we can't help it that nobody but men want to write code. It's the nature of writing code. Just look at the graduation rates for IT careers, a majority are MEN!!! You can't force women into doing something that they don't want to do, like many things in life... IT is a calling; not everyone gets that calling. Like most things in life, it's a calling just like there's a calling to be a lawyer, doctor, nurse, or even a priest/minister.

Lisa Su, CEO of AMD, she is a rare exception. Most women aren't interested in the hard core sciences, it's just how the female brain is wired. Most women go into forms of jobs where nurturing is central to the job, it's what the female brain is wired by nature for. That's not to say that women can't do the hard core sciences but that's just not what most women go into and it's certainly not because men are keeping them down.
Lmao

The entire programming field was dominated by women for years before men stopped considering it "womanly work."

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/computer-programming-used-to-be-womens-work-718061/

Processor Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Asus TUF-Gaming B550-Plus
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon Rx 580 Nitro+ 8GB
Storage HP EX950 512GB + Samsung 970 PRO 1TB
Display(s) HP Z Display Z24i G2
Case Fractal Design Define R6 Black
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster AE-5
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME Ultra 650W Gold
Mouse Roccat Kone AIMO Remastered
Software Windows 10 x64

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
My cousin is transgender. Doesn't talk about it. It's a deeply personal and hard journey. I wouldn't call her a tranny, seeing the difficulties she's had. So yeah, tranny isn't the nicest term. Yet also, she's not throwing it in your face and demanding recognition. She just wants to be. That's the true thing I'd call equality. Just to be. Not a political ideology, not a charity. Just to be.
If you make it a crusade, it's already a war. The best way to recognition is tea and crumpets. Just a chat, not a parade. Not a fucking circus.

Processor Ryzen 5800X
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Software Windows 10 x64
My cousin is transgender. Doesn't talk about it. It's a deeply personal and hard journey. I wouldn't call her a tranny, seeing the difficulties she's had. So yeah, tranny isn't the nicest term. Yet also, she's not throwing it in your face and demanding recognition. She just wants to be. That's the true thing I'd call equality. Just to be. Not a political ideology, not a charity. Just to be.
I wouldn't call her a tranny either. I wouldn't call any normal behaving trans-something person tranny. But I guess/hope my post was understood well enough for everyone here minus the SJW(s) so it doesn't need extra explanations.

edit: oh yes, bring on the like/dislike/rating war when you don't have any real arguments.

Storage Samsung 980 EVO 1 TB NVMe SSD (System Drive), Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB NVMe SSD (Game Drive)
Power Supply MSI A850GF
Mouse Logitech M705
Keyboard Steelseries
Lmao

The entire programming field was dominated by women for years before men stopped considering it "womanly work."

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/computer-programming-used-to-be-womens-work-718061/
That very well may be so back then but let's look at how young women are raised today. What kinds of toys do your girls play with? Dolls and household things like kitchens and such. And what person in the family unit pushes this kind of thinking on them? Oh yeah... WOMEN!!! Young boys are usually pushed by their fathers to be more into taking things apart, learning how to put it back together again (well, sometimes... I did and I broke things in the process but I learned!).

System Name CUBE_NXT
That very well may be so back then but let's look at how young women are raised today. What kinds of toys do your girls play with? Dolls and household things like kitchens and such. And what person in the family unit pushes this kind of thinking on them? Oh yeah... WOMEN!!! Young boys are usually pushed by their fathers to be more into taking things apart, learning how to put it back together again (well, sometimes... I did and I broke things in the process but I learned!).
Do you actually think that girls back in the 60's weren't raised with dolls and other female gendered toys and upbringing? You might want to work on that argument because it doesn't work as well as you think it does. The reason it was dominated by women is because programming was thought of as being woman's work. Right up until it wasn't. It has nothing to do how a woman's brain works.

System Name HELLSTAR
Processor AMD RYZEN 9 5950X
Motherboard ASUS Strix X570-E
Cooling 2x 360 + 280 rads. 3x Gentle Typhoons, 3x Phanteks T30, 2x TT T140 . EK-Quantum Momentum Monoblock.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Trident Z RGB F4-4133C19D-16GTZR 14-16-12-30-44
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 7900XTX + under waterblock.
Storage Optane 900P[W11] + WD BLACK SN850X 4TB + 750 EVO 500GB + 1TB 980PRO[FEDORA]
Display(s) Philips PHL BDM3270 + Acer XV242Y
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow V3 - Yellow Switch
Software FEDORA 39 / Windows 11 insider

Oh noes... this really can turn ugly :laugh:

OHNOES.jpg

Low quality post by R0H1T
At the risk of repeating someone else ~ what was the point of this thread again :rolleyes:

Power Supply MSI A850GF
Mouse Logitech M705
Keyboard Steelseries
If you make it a crusade, it's already a war. The best way to recognition is tea and crumpets. Just a chat, not a parade. Not a fucking circus.
Exactly. The more you shout and tell people that they're wrong the more you're going to piss off the very people you are trying to change the minds of. If you want to change people's minds you can't be an asshole about it.

System Name Skunkworks
Processor 5800x3d
Motherboard x570 unify
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB 3600 mhz
Mouse *squeak*
If she has put work into transitioning and passes as a woman, and doesnt constantly bring up the fact she was a man before, she wont be called tranny by anybody but the biggest dicks. The vast majority of normal people DFAG what is between your legs typically, and as long as you can do your job and get along with others, nobody is going to give you trouble.

Most people IRL that get called "tranny" are those that put in 0 effort and use it as an excuse to be offended. A huge number of "trans" people today are autogynephiliacs, so many they greatly outnumber actual transsexual individuals. These people thrive in outrage culture, are the ones coming up with this "millions of genders" BS, and utilize that outrage culture to promote themselves and drag others into the lifestyle. Many are riddled with mental disorders and have lived very long lives being unsuccessful, and see their sexual orientation as a major component of their life, thus they fell changing it will fix them. nearly all of these people are MtF. It is a huge problem in the community, and these kinds of people are the ones that get slurs thrown at them regularly.

System Name HELLSTAR
Processor AMD RYZEN 9 5950X
Motherboard ASUS Strix X570-E
Cooling 2x 360 + 280 rads. 3x Gentle Typhoons, 3x Phanteks T30, 2x TT T140 . EK-Quantum Momentum Monoblock.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Trident Z RGB F4-4133C19D-16GTZR 14-16-12-30-44
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 7900XTX + under waterblock.
Storage Optane 900P[W11] + WD BLACK SN850X 4TB + 750 EVO 500GB + 1TB 980PRO[FEDORA]
Display(s) Philips PHL BDM3270 + Acer XV242Y
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow V3 - Yellow Switch
Software FEDORA 39 / Windows 11 insider
because programming was thought of as being woman's work

Cold war era experiments. It is proven that females can withstand routine and stress better than males. Thus they were used in producing things usually in conveyors.

Power Supply MSI A850GF
Mouse Logitech M705
Keyboard Steelseries
It has nothing to do how a woman's brain works.
Then tell me why when it comes to raising children women are just plain better at it than men? Yep... that's right. When it comes to raising children women are far better at it than men. That's not to say that men can't learn how to raise children, it's just that it tends to come naturally to women without any kind of learning; it's like it's coded in their DNA.

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte x570 Gaming X
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory Corsair LPX 3600 4x8GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 6800 XT (reference)
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
Display(s) Samsung CFG70, Samsung NU8000 TV
Case Corsair C70
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Software Win 10 Pro
Only thing to do now is encourage it's worst aspects and accelerate it's demise - as well as use SJWs' own tactics against them (report them for their history.. because I assure you, they have one).. and move to a better alternative in the meantime.

Of course, I'm an outsider and prefer Windows. But just saying :p

INSTG8R

Vanguard Beta Tester
System Name Hellbox 5.1(same case new guts)
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI X570S MAG Torpedo Max
Cooling TT Kandalf L.C.S.(Water/Air)EK Velocity CPU Block/Noctua EK Quantum DDC Pump/Res
Memory 2x16GB Gskill Trident Neo Z 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor Hellhound 7900XTX
Storage 970 Evo Plus 500GB 2xSamsung 850 Evo 500GB RAID 0 1TB WD Blue Corsair MP600 Core 2TB
Display(s) Alienware QD-OLED 34” 3440x1440 144hz 10Bit VESA HDR 400
Case TT Kandalf L.C.S.
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster ZX/Logitech Z906 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic TX~’850 Platinum
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard G19s
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Win 10 Pro x64
You should actually look up the origin of the word Computer, I’ll think you might be surprised.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
As for the complaint that there's not enough women in the IT world... well, we can't help it that nobody but men want to write code.
Women in tech is not that rare. For example, Rebecca Heineman. You've probably never heard of her but she was instrumental to sucking every drop of performance out of the Atari 2300 and has been active in game development since.

You should actually look up the origin of the word Computer, I’ll think you might be surprised.
Humans (predominently women) doing calculations (computing).

Processor Ryzen 5800X
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Software Windows 10 x64
According to the Oxford English Dictionary, the first known use of the word "computer" was in 1613 in a book called The Yong Mans Gleanings by English writer Richard Braithwait: "I haue [sic] read the truest computer of Times, and the best Arithmetician that euer [sic] breathed, and he reduceth thy dayes into a short number." This usage of the term referred to a human computer, a person who carried out calculations or computations. The word continued with the same meaning until the middle of the 20th century. From the end of the 19th century the word began to take on its more familiar meaning, a machine that carries out computations.[1]

The Online Etymology Dictionary gives the first attested use of "computer" in the "1640s, [meaning] "one who calculates,"; this is an "... agent noun from compute (v.)". The Online Etymology Dictionary states that the use of the term to mean "calculating machine" (of any type) is from 1897." The Online Etymology Dictionary indicates that the "modern use" of the term, to mean "programmable digital electronic computer" dates from "... 1945 under this name; [in a] theoretical [sense] from 1937, as Turing machine".[2]

What am I looking for in this text?
(this is from Wikipedia, and is probably something else than what you read, but this particular explanation is absolutely gender neutral)

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
Human Computers: The Women of NASA
Their calculations would chart the course of many ground-breaking space missions, yet their stories remain mostly unknown. Get the story behind the women mathematicians, engineers and scientists working at NASA.
It was also a team of women that named and catalogued most of the stars.

This is so off topic though.

Last edited: