• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Making Audio Enhancers Work on Windows

It doesn't come with a certificate, if it did you would NOT need to disable anything. Last I checked the APO pack injects a previously installed driver into the driver store, cheap attempt to bypass.

It doesn't come with a certificate, if it did you would NOT need to disable anything. Last I checked the APO pack injects a previously installed driver into the driver store, cheap attempt to bypass.
My bad. It actually doesn't as you have stated . However you need to disable Driver signature enforcement . And in some systems, DSE is linked to Secure Boot.
It patches the APO on the fly using Pihto's patch. As so, some antivirus won't allow the patch to run nor give a warning it has blocked the file.

That is correct. Not actually sure why he doesn't patch the last patchable .dll and just distribute that, like what I did for AAF.

That is correct. Not actually sure why he doesn't patch the last patchable .dll and just distribute that, like what I did for AAF.
Maybe he wanted to make the user the latter responsable of the modification of the dll. Eastern things .
Ferather, I have being using the Realtek native headphones virtualization and it really does a good job. I know you're not a fan of headphones but , any thoughts on that ?

No comment, I don't use headphones, and if I did it would get plugged into my Z906, not the onboard analogue.
I am guessing the ones on SPDIF are the same as the default ones with Realtek?

S1220A | SPDIF > DTS Audio (6ch 24b 48k) > Optical > Z906 > Decode | Headphones port > Headphones.

Attachments

• Effects.png
    Effects.png
    54.6 KB · Views: 219
Cables are a bit of an issue, plus my ears don't like most headphones on too long. Interestingly, I talk to people on discord who use headphones + mic, and I hear others better than they do.
It might be the headphone suppression system that is built into the headphones or software, who knows, I don't really dig into it much when it happens.

I heard someone open a can of drink not long ago, and asked what they where drinking, two others said they heard nothing, questioned person replied "A can of coke".

Cables are a bit of an issue, plus my ears don't like most headphones on too long. Interestingly, I talk to people on discord who use headphones + mic, and I hear others better than they do.
It might be the headphone suppression system that is built into the headphones or software, who knows, I don't really dig into it much when it happens.

I heard someone open a can of drink not long ago, and asked what they where drinking, two others said they heard nothing, questioned person replied "A can of coke".

Can agree with all you said plus all h. manufacturers tend to colorize as fuck the response. You have to invest a good amount to buy some flat monitors to actually enjoy good sound. The wired issue can not be fixed. I feel like if Bluetooth rise the temperature on the ears and most of the times you have to pick open ones and let some of your privacy spread out to actually listen better. But having said so, there is no better solution to go mobile

Wireless will reduce audio quality, that includes Bluetooth, and need batteries.

Wireless will reduce audio quality, that includes Bluetooth, and need batteries.

Well, it is all digital data after all. It can be enhanced at the cost of battery usage. Logitech actually is a good example of excellent headphones sound quality plus battery life. But in any way, thanks god we have both options

Hello. I installed the APO Driver & followed this guide and if I set Dolby Digital & launch a game it resets to 48khz 16bit again. Why is this?

Here's the APO Driver if anyone needs it.

Attachments

• How to install Dolby Digital APO Driver.jpg
    How to install Dolby Digital APO Driver.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 283
  • How to use APO Driver FX Configurator.png
    How to use APO Driver FX Configurator.png
    144.2 KB · Views: 287

genvaraarrrarar

Hello gents, do y'all perhaps know any ways how to get Dolby access working with the Dolby Access OEM? If so, how?
Responding would be appreciated.

I saw this one reply, but i didn't quite understand what he meant by making it "look for the license".
This one has the keys, you just need to say Dolby Access to look there for the license and that's all, Dolby AccessOEM and Dolby Access can be installed together, that is, they have to.

I've already proven it works on this forum, I'm not here to share my drivers and I don't want to spam

johnnybee

Desktop versions of Dolby Audio & Home Theater (DS1, PCEE3, PCEE4) does not support 5.1 & 7.1

Use UWP versions of Dolby Atmos in Windows 10, it supports 7.1, just edit it's xml file & set it to 7.1

First Install Realtek UAD, it's UWP version for windows 10, set to 7.1 in speaker properties

Then install APO Driver & install Dolby UWP app of your choice
hello i am very interested in getting dolby digital outta my computer to my pioneer reciever via hdmi its an older pioneer from 2010 i had some questions on how you where able to set it up if your free

Updated NVIDIA HDAUDIO Driver v.1.3.40.14 (11/04/2023) with DolbyDigital Decoder - based on Alan's original mod.
Base driver files extracted from fresh NVIDIA GeForce Display Driver 535.50 - Windows Insider Build.
@netRAT I been using these and these are great but randomly sometimes it will disable the audio enhancements by itself and I have to renable it again.

Do you know how we could fix this issue?

Is it possible to have a Dolby Digital control panel central command center for all the bass & treble & surround sound volumes etc etc etc? I'd like to be able to do more with this setup I got going on. Thanks

System Name Metal-Tom-PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme
Cooling Boxed
Memory Mushkin DDR4 16 GB
Video Card(s) ASUS RX560 4GB
Storage 1x M2-SSD @256GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @120GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @240GB/2x WD10EZRX @1TB/1,5 TB HDD
Display(s) 1x Samsung LE40F86BDX (TV)/1x Samsung SyncMaster T240
Case Thermaltake Kandalf LCS
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220A
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 80+ 750W
Mouse Logitech M210
Keyboard Logitech K260
Software Win 10 Pro x64 v20H2
Is it possible to have a Dolby Digital control panel central command center for all the bass & treble & surround sound volumes etc etc etc? I'd like to be able to do more with this setup I got going on. Thanks

This were very great, @chris189

System Name LazyOldMan
Processor 9900KF
Motherboard Asrock z390 Taichi Ultimate
Cooling Corsair custom Watercooled
Memory 64 Gb
Video Card(s) RX 6800 XT
Storage Too much to mention in all 980 TB
Display(s) 2 x Dell 4K @ 60 hz
Case Crap case
Audio Device(s) Realtek + Bayer Dynamics 990 Pro headset
Power Supply 1300 watt
Mouse Corsair cord mouse
Keyboard Corsair red lighter cabled keyboard ages old ;)
Well i removed this audio enhancers as they gave me nothing than trouble and i hardly see anyone being really active anymore either.
So i guess this project is dead in my view

System Name predator helios 300
Processor intel(r) core(tm) i7-7700HQ @ 2.80ghz
Motherboard laptop acer predator helios g3-572
Cooling laptop acer predator helios g3-572
Memory 16gb 2400mhz 2 slots
Video Card(s) nvidia gtx 1060 laptop
Storage internal 237gb hdd internal 931gb hdd external 3tb hdd usb3.0
Display(s) 1 internal laptop 1 hdmi 100hz aoc 27g2g3
Case laptop
Audio Device(s) ultimea posiden d60 (5.1 speakers) hyper cloudx 2 (headphones)
Power Supply laptop
Mouse razer naga trinity v2
Keyboard razer huntsman TKL v2
VR HMD N/A
hey not exactly i just used this very recently to get dolby digital 5.1 out of my laptop see the dolby apps were made for pcs true but they were also made for laptops some laptops came with and even had a sticker for dolby home theater v4 dolby digital plus home theater is the updated version the issues here are simple really if u have a laptop with dolby use the dolby enhancers if u have a laptop or pc with dts use the dts enhancers try following what your computer supports even if it is only "dolby audio" if your pc supports nither find what audio format it is useing even if its a sterio version of the codec and install the surround version of that how i did it was due to my laptop useing dolby audio already i was able to install and run dolby digital plus home theater and v4 but i liked ht more due to it being newer and useing less compression even if u only have a dolby digital system u can still use dolby digital plus i also use a hdmi to optical splitter so i plug my soundbar into optical on the extractor plug my tv and pc into the extractor thru hdmi and bam got full dolby digital plus 5.1 (yes plus fully supports 5.1 not just downmixing 7.1) this helped while my earc port on my extractor is broken so i can still use my sound system if your useing a laptop like i am and intel is useing retalk for aux only u can still use this method the only difference is you ignore anythang do to with retalk and instead just focas on what u have plugged into the hdmi port install and apply everythang to the hdmi port and it should work perfectly hope this helped anyone aswell youll find the taskbar profile changer in the dolby digital plus folder going to the dolby digital plus file location then going to the shortcuts location your able to find ddp which is the profile changer for the taskbar ddpd ddpe and ddpl are all the dolby digital plus program itself you can also find the dolby demo content that came with laptops/pcs when this was around so ppl could demo thare surround sytems those are called demo-content and hold-screen

my questions are is this useing in real time encodeing
and my one issue is with overwatch 2 for some reason its the only game that cant use my rear channles when useing dolby digital every other game form of media even music works perfectly just with overwatch 2 my rears are silent the game knows thare are rear speakers because it dosent downmix the rear channles to the front any sound thats supposed to happen behind me is just silent dont even hear it in the front channles besides this this method worked wonders for my acer predator helios G3-572 laptop my only prob is make it known that you can find and use the task manager profile changer if u look in the folder for it after install took me awhile to find that and its super helpful when tuneing for your system aswell i found that i only see dolby digital in the advanced tab of my speakers is this dolby digital plus or dolby digital very confused thare i can still use any dolby digital plus media tryed demo vedios they work fine a bit lost thare aswell whats all of the codecs dolby digital plus home theater supported thare isnt alot of documentation on these applications and would like to know what they are fully capable of before upgradeing my system any futher

Well i removed this audio enhancers as they gave me nothing than trouble and i hardly see anyone being really active anymore either.
So i guess this project is dead in my view
not true look at my post above or below but my other comment

yes the only thang u need to do depends on if you used dolby digital plus home theater or dolby digital home theater v4 if u are useing v4 switch to useing dolby digital plus home theater it still works on normal dolby digital systems but applies the highest bitrate and lowest compression possible go to the start menu click dolby digital plus home theater go to file location open the shortcuts file location then scroll till u see ddpd this is the application itself to change all of the audio settings aswell as ddpd ddpl dont know why thares multiple but thare all the same program ddp is the profile changer for your taskbar you can use that aswell as far as useing this with the reltalk control panel unles u have a optical port on the actual pc this well not be possible if your useing pathru from a tv or audio extractor

forgot to add at the end or av reciver

hello i am very interested in getting dolby digital outta my computer to my pioneer reciever via hdmi its an older pioneer from 2010 i had some questions on how you where able to set it up if your free
dont ask that here please look around thare are multiple links to vedios and how to guides everywhare in these comments u just have to look if your haveing issues please explain your issues and if anyone cares someone well reply

So I should just do this?

1. Go to https://puresoftapps.blogspot.com/2018/04/realtek-apo-driver.html and download the latest setup version.
2. Install Dolby Home Theater V4 / Dolby Advanced Audio V2.
3. Open FX Configurator.
4. Click Product Config Tool.
5. Select Dolby Home Theater V4.
6. Click Apply Product Settings to Selected Endpoints.
7. Open Sound Control Panel, go to the Advanced tab, and in the default format option, select Dolby Digital.
8. Go enjoy DDL. P.s. this also provide you with Dolby's upmixing solution, which is a direct precursor to the current Dolby surround upmixer, the upmixer used on modern Dolby Atmos receivers for their upmixing.

Method disadvantages: This will most probably break protected audio transfer, or protected audio may not be encoded.

Do I need to worry about the possible audio protection breaking? XD
this is exactly what i did ignoreing any and all realtalk thangs but i installed dolby digital plus home theater due to it useing higher bitrates less compression and being able to encode lpcm and more from what iv heardand dose not infact break protected audio

hey my dood iv seen you around here alot u seem to know your stuff i must ask im useing dolby digital plus home theater i have a hdmi earc audio extractor with a optical port the micro usb port broke awhile back so i now have to use optical cause for some reason plugging in my soundbar to the amp port powers the extractor and i use the optical for audio i plug the tv into the tv port and the laptop into the hdmi in port im wondering dose my pc see this audio connection as hdmi or can it actually see the optical connection going thru the extractor

Old thread: https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/the-ultimate-realtek-hd-audio-driver-mod-for-windows-10.232921/

Introduction:
To make audio enhancers working, such as SRS Premium Sound. Dolby Home Theater v4.

Follow the APO Driver installation instructions: tinyurl.com/ycemaxx9

Get the audio enhancers: tinyurl.com/y8ldgols

It can also make Viper4Windows working on Windows 10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwb-19EqnIE

Audio Enhancers Preview Videos Playlist:
Music for Testing Audio Enhancers: Speak Softly, Love (from 'The Godfather')
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NG8jb1anUE&list=PLwfApVTLUopPKbfeZWzSwtZVfZnbYaQYy

Problem Fixing:
If you have different problem on audio enhancers or APO Driver, apply the following fix first:
Run cmd as administrator, type:

Code:
FOR %1 IN (*.DLL) DO REGSVR32 /S %1

If you are running on Windows x64, type the above code first then the below code:
Code:
cd /d c:\windows\syswow64
FOR %1 IN (*.DLL) DO REGSVR32 /S %1
hey my dood please if u have a more updated version can u post a link this all seems to be fairly dated and while dose work for me in 2023 i could see this ageing fast i have a pc from 2016-2017 so it works fine for me but this may not work with newer hardware simply due to intel actually removeing functionality out of thare chips in newer laptops or going with dolby atmos instead the dolby accsess app for anyone that diddnt know is just a updated version of all of these dolby apps the only difference being u can install it straight from the microsoft store and its of course meant for dolby atmos if u have hdmi arc or hdmi earc please use dolby accsess do not use this while this can give more benifits for atmos systems thares no real point when u can get the real drivers easily and use theme with any system even if your pc only sees a sterio connection if u have dolby atmos for home theater in the advnaced speaker tab after installing dolby access please DO NOT USE THIS use this ONLY IF YOUR LOOKING FOR DTS OR DOLBY DIGITAL PLUS NOT DTSX OR DOLBY ATMOS also do not use dolby digital home theater v4 as it uses more compression and uses a lower bitrate use dolby digital plus home theater its literally just the updated version of htv4 the main difference is settings dolby digital home theater v4 has alot more settings to adjust u can change the virtual surround on headphones and built in speakers with a slider aswell as dialogue enhancer and volume leveler u could adjust with a slider with dolby digital plus home theater these silders were removed for active or deactive bottens instead meaning you can no longer adjust the level of these effects this isnt a huge downside due to the fact of with these settings enabled useing dolby digital v4 home theater vs dolby digital plus was no different in audio qauilty besides dolby digital plus home theater provideing a deeper louder richer sound aswell as was able to use the full capabilities of my system a 5.1 soundbar i hope this helps anyone still looking how to do this ill stop with the spam please look at my last comments to see how i used this on my own pc just to get you going in the right direction also useing my method the dolby surround upmixer well work

Last edited:
It will see HDMI, at both ends. Neither Laptop or TV will detect optical. Extractors are actually quite fun, since you can do EDID override and program them your self.
I have a HDMI extractor that will do multichannel PCM (uncompressed), and all formats via optical, not that any receiver's support it (yet).

D

Deleted member 57642

In my opinion...​

Equalizer APO +​

HeSuVi

... is probably the best option in this regard. There's no hassle with modded drivers- since Equalizer APO (after all - it's in the name) - handles the APO (Audio Procession Object / Audio Enhancements). While HeSuVi - imitates the 7.1 to binaural sound effect of many surround virtualizations by making use of Equalizer APO's convolution filter. Available are impulse response that were recorded with activated:

– Dolby Atmos Headphone
– CMSS-3D
– SBX Pro Studio Surround (also found in BlasterX Acoustic Engine & THX TruStudio Pro)
– Dolby Headphone
– Sennheiser GSX Binaural 7.1
– DTS Headphone:X
– Windows Sonic Headphone
– Dolby Home Theater v4 Headphone Surround Virtualizer
– Razer Surround
– Out Of Your Head
– Flux HEar V3
– OpenAL and DirectSound3D HRTFs
– Waves Nx
– and many more!

And that's just for start, since it also comes with other options/features:

• powerful graphic equalizer
  • equalizer presets for over 1000 popular headphones
  • use multiple devices on one sound card
  • extensive control over different volume levels
  • apply and save the processing onto your audio files
  • fully configurable crossfeed
  • quickly save & load profiles, even through hotkeys
  • supports command line parameters for all options
  • rearrange the virtual speakers' positions
  • intelligent stereo upmix
Last but not least...
  • portable installation with easy one-click updater
Some prefer the "Peace Equalizer" Interface for Equalizer APO - but i find that GUI quite messy/cluttered and poorly optimized (as if in Alpha stage). HeSuVi on the other hand (same goes for using Equlizer APO alone) - is quite tidy, lite and easy to navigate. Except for the Equalizer Presets... since there's over 1000 Headphones & IEM - wish you could stretch it to full-screen. It's usable and if you only care about your headphones or couple of others - you might be curious about (their EQ signature) - i guess they're easy to find. But i actually wanted to try them all - maybe find a EQ wich adds a magical touch. ^^

izy

Why not just use something like FXSound - https://www.fxsound.com/, you dont have to do any tweaks, its free and its working OK. I would like to have a software like this for MIC too.

Last edited: