• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Making Audio Enhancers Work on Windows

System Name Dell Inspiron 7375
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700U Mobile Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Memory 16GB (total) 2400MHz DDR4 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Storage SanDisk X600 SATA SSD 512GB
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC3253 (Dell Labelling) ALC255 (Real name)
hi, thanks for the guide, the application opens but and I do not have any sound effect. in FX configurator,Do I have to select what is active or not?, I just clicked as the image that you say

View attachment 108525

View attachment 108524
Check first whether you can play something first. If you can play audio, and APO Driver still reports not present after a refresh, you are applying settings to a wrong device.
Find your proper active device first, then you apply Dolby via product selector.

vexa

Sound BlasterX 720: It has a lot of custom. Sound clarity and rich bass
Great! Is there a guide to use 2 enhancers simultaneously?

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Great! Is there a guide to use 2 enhancers simultaneously?
Chaining multiple enhancers is not recommended. Strange issues can happen, there can be crackling audio and audio latency can increase. Audio can get bad after it is too much processed.
Only those who know what they are doing can do it.
I can chain older versions of creative enhancers and Dolby atmos; but still not recommended.

vexa

Chaining multiple enhancers is not recommended. Strange issues can happen, there can be crackling audio and audio latency can increase. Audio can get bad after it is too much processed.
Only those who know what they are doing can do it.
I can chain older versions of creative enhancers and Dolby atmos; but still not recommended.

Right, thanks for the info.
Beside dolby atmos for gaming, is there any good enhancer with good audio output, lots of option, but still quite easy to install?

Oh, and can I uninstall just the dolby gaming without all the APO stuff? And if I wanna install let say SB720, the steps would be the same, right?

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Right, thanks for the info.
Beside dolby atmos for gaming, is there any good enhancer with good audio output, lots of option, but still quite easy to install?

Oh, and can I uninstall just the dolby gaming without all the APO stuff? And if I wanna install let say SB720, the steps would be the same, right?
Soundblaster APO also use APO driver; choose different option.
Try DTS Digital Entertainment; it has one of the simplest install with a load of features: Headphone surround, volume boost and normalisation; bass boost, vocal enhancement.

Norvator

Check first whether you can play something first. If you can play audio, and APO Driver still reports not present after a refresh, you are applying settings to a wrong device.
Find your proper active device first, then you apply Dolby via product selector.

I selected my driver, then the configuration tool with its respective product and then apply, copied all .xml but the sound does not change, it sounds exactly the same.
1539364979751.png

1539365058369.png

vexa

Soundblaster APO also use APO driver; choose different option.
Try DTS Digital Entertainment; it has one of the simplest install with a load of features: Headphone surround, volume boost and normalisation; bass boost, vocal enhancement.

Great, will try tomorrow, I'm kinda afk right now.
Anyway, so I only need to uninstall just the dolby gaming if I'd want to install another enhancer, right?
Too bad I found zero docs about uninstalling any of these enhancers, but I found cleardolby.reg on dolby folder in mediafire. So how do I uninstall my dolby gaming? Just by adding that registry key?

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Great, will try tomorrow, I'm kinda afk right now.
Anyway, so I only need to uninstall just the dolby gaming if I'd want to install another enhancer, right?
Too bad I found zero docs about uninstalling any of these enhancers, but I found cleardolby.reg on dolby folder in mediafire. So how do I uninstall my dolby gaming? Just by adding that registry key?
Enhancers do not interfere with each other; you can install them together, but use only one per device.

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Thanks. Now for the dts digital, is this the right one?
Where can I get the necessary files?
View attachment 108556
Just use product config tool. configuration page is located in device advanced settings, where an additional dts tab is present.
visual c++ 2008 runtime must be installed on your pc.

vexa

Just use product config tool. configuration page is located in device advanced settings, where an additional dts tab is present.
visual c++ 2008 runtime must be installed on your pc.

Hi, I've tried to apply DTS DE on product config tool, then restarted my PC yet nothing shows up on "advanced" panel.
Is there additional steps that I missed?
BTW, aren't we supposed to choose which driver component to install when installing APO driver?
I've choose Dolby DAX yesterday, and if that's why my DTS tab doesn't show up, how to change my APO driver component to DTS?

1539416937342.png

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Hi, I've tried to apply DTS DE on product config tool, then restarted my PC yet nothing shows up on "advanced" panel.
Is there additional steps that I missed?
BTW, aren't we supposed to choose which driver component to install when installing APO driver?
I've choose Dolby DAX yesterday, and if that's why my DTS tab doesn't show up, how to change my APO driver component to DTS?

View attachment 108563
You need to add dts digital entertainment from maintainence driver.

vexa

You need to add dts digital entertainment from maintainence driver.

Thanks, didn't know that maintenance driver exists.
I really wanna try to install SBX720 tho, seems like people here are going crazy about it.

But before, I think I need some help.
first: which one has better compatibility and customization, desktop version or UWP?
And both of them have many child folders and files on Mediafire.
Do you know which one to install? So many different files.

Thanks in advance!

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Thanks, didn't know that maintenance driver exists.
I really wanna try to install SBX720 tho, seems like people here are going crazy about it.

But before, I think I need some help.
first: which one has better compatibility and customization, desktop version or UWP?
And both of them have many child folders and files on Mediafire.
Do you know which one to install? So many different files.

Thanks in advance!
Soundblaster 720 uwp (Sound Blaster Connect (SBX360/720/Cinema 5))
is latest, and seem most featured.
Try to follow pastebin instructions.
I personally do not use creative software.

vexa

Soundblaster 720 uwp (Sound Blaster Connect (SBX360/720/Cinema 5))
is latest, and seem most featured.
Try to follow pastebin instructions.
I personally do not use creative software.

Thanks again, seems like these files on MF are same, just different version.
however on OEM folder, there are two files:
  • SPKEQ_CLV_PCAPP_US.exe, and
  • CreativeAudioEffectsComponentInstaller with an .exe inside
Do you have any idea about these? I wonder if these are optional or mandatory.
It's okay If you're not familiar with these, I'll just wait here til someone more familiar with it comes up.

Bruci

Dolby Atmos has additional support for Atmos audio and special features for games.
It is a later version of dolby apps.
DDP is still quite useful if you don't have special requirements.

Try DTS Surround Sensation

How can I install DTS Surround Sensation on my HTPC ?

Norvator

HI
Dolby Atmos speaker system does not work, does not change effects, Windows 10 x64 has just been formatted.
I've installed requeriments of [1/10/2018] APO Driver
Is there anything else I need to do to make it work?

edited
This is the last thing I did to check that my controller has FX applied

1539433505179.png

Last edited:

BlackX

I want to Sound Blaster Connect 2 (Desktop) 720 get working.
But it says "Your audio device cannot be detected".
I have done the APO install and Product Config Tool.
And the GenKGA3 v2 leaving CTLNBK2HX2.kga in the SoftwareLock folder.

Is it because a bad Activation or a bad Driver?
Which audio driver should i use from Realtek website or MB website?

I have a CROSSHAIR VI HERO and windows 10.
Thanks for your help

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
How can I install DTS Surround Sensation on my HTPC ?
1. Modify APO driver by adding DTS Surround Sensation.
2. Use FX configurator Product config tool to apply DTS Surround sensation.
3. Configure it in sound settings- device advanced panel, where an additional DTS tab is present.

My speakers are a "Multilaser SP172"

It's a 2.1 speakers

I want to know if there a custom setting for they in the "presets"

I use the "Dolby Atmos Gaming Speaker version"

And i know thats it's not a corect place to ask it, but I want to know if have a corect postion to place the speakers? If have a minumum distance between the speakers, there a thread here explained this?

Hey guys, I just made and tested my highest quality custom preset for Dolby atmos speaker system for gaming/gaming, it is currently set to work for v3 app+v2 preset+v3 service, if you want it to work for v3 everything, just change this value
example#1 <endpoint type="internal_speaker" brand="Generic" model="Default" operating_mode="normal" fs="192000" ch_count="5">
to this
example#2 <endpoint type="internal_speaker" brand="Generic" model="Default" operating_mode="normal" fs="192000" total_count="5" front_count="2" side_count="2" height_count="0" has_subwoofer="1">

please don't change any other settings/values that i didn't put in my post. For speaker configuration setting: change the chn_count, it is default to 5.1, but you can change it to stereo or 7.1 and if you want to use it for just Dolby Atmos for gaming, change the
sku value from=DolbyAtmoSpeakerSytemForGaming to =Gaming.
This best for movies, music and games. It's amazing sound. It works perfectly and sounds so good. To install, copy the .XML file and paste in dolbyaposvc folder in system32.
Thank you let me know your feedback, This works 100%. Just make sure after you installed it in the dolbyaposvc folder, you restart audio service and dolbydaxapi service to get the effect work.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18HEaOuWLgA84RB6m4xGYlXpPRehemrtQ/view?usp=drivesdk

Last edited:
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Hey guys, I just made and tested my highest quality custom preset for Dolby atmos speaker system for gaming/gaming, it is currently set to work for v3 app+v2 preset+v3 service, if you want it to work for v3 everything, just change this value

to this

please don't change any other settings that i didn't put in my post. For speaker configuration setting: change the chn_count, it is default to 5.1, but you can change it to stereo or 7.1 and if you want to use it for just Dolby Atmos for gaming, change the
This best for movies, music and games. It's amazing sound. It works perfectly and sounds so good. To install, copy the .XML file and paste in dolbyaposvc folder in system32.
Thank you let me know your feedback, This works 100%.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18HEaOuWLgA84RB6m4xGYlXpPRehemrtQ/view?usp=drivesdk

What did you change/add compared to stock defaults?

What did you change/add compared to stock defaults?
i changed values with volume leveler, dialogue enhancer, bass enhancers, etc to make it crisp,clear, and loud sound. Try it out and you will enjoy it, if you don't like you can always change back to the default one you had before. Just make sure after you installed it in the dolbyaposvc folder, you restart audio service and dolbydaxapi service to get the effect or just restart your pc. I'm telling you that the preset is sounds so amazing with my 5.1 speakers and audio has never been so great. the default preset that gaming used isn't as loud and clear, that's why i made this custom preset.

@vexa you should try my custom Dolby Atmos speaker system for gaming preset, since you said Dolby Atmos speaker system for gaming is limited by itself. This preset will tell you otherwise.

Last edited:
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
i changed values with volume leveler, dialogue enhancer, bass enhancers, etc to most crisp,clear, and loud sound. Try it out and you will enjoy it. just make sure after you installed it in the dolbyaposvc folder, you restart audio service and dolbydaxapi service to get the effect or just restart your pc.
1. I would recommend you to do the reverse to the volmax-boost value. Audio boosting like this will severely compress the audio. One of my own mod is to bring it to 0. This allows for a maximum dynamic range in the output audio. If I would like loud, I use the volume control.
2. In Dolby terminology, 5.1 is 6 channel, and I put 6 in my own mod, works perfectly. Also Front: all channels in front of you. 5.1=3;left,cen,right. Side, rest in the same plane. 5.1=2;side l, side r. 7.1=4; sl, sr, rear l, rear r.
5.1= 3f, 2s, 1sub.
7.1=3f, 4s, 1sub.
Do not play with heights; they are only available in atmos systems.
3. fs_192000 is a bad idea. These numbers are for intelligent eq. You are making the EQ work on wrong levels on the audible range. Let me explain. EQ Open is a V equaliser (high bass, low mid, high trebles). The stock numbers allow the proper level of EQ for each band. If you interpolate it, the initial part of the EQ will apply in the audible range. Thus Open will no longer be a V eq, but more of a bass enhancement, as the low mid will apply on the highs, and the high trebles will apply in ultrasound. Thus you did a V EQ in a 192000 hz signal. Keep that stock.