• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Making Audio Enhancers Work on Windows

Processor Intel® Core™ i5-6500
Motherboard H110 Pro BTC+
Cooling Aero cool LGA 1151
Memory 4 GB DDR4-2132 (1066 Mhz) + 8 GB DDR4-2400(1200 Mhz)
Video Card(s) GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
Display(s) LG 43" LED HDR 10
Case AeroCool DS-20
Power Supply Corsair CX430
Here are screens with the same patched drivers and dts x ultra supported but on 2 other version of realtek drivers: 7071 modded by wincreators https://mega.nz/file/2foihYhB#NI0Hkw0nUnKerP9dbh4cPkEw-8n4MuOauNYIaq3U_YU and lastest uad dch mod by Alan Finotty v8996.1 https://github.com/AlanFinotty1995/AAF_DCH_RealtekModded/releases
Dts x ultra i was enabled on windows 10 Enterprise 20h1 compilation 19041.450
dtsxxx01.jpg
dtsxxx00.jpg

@H4cziLLa
how can i use asus HAD manager without asus mb ?
i want to use dolby access
Asus mb isnt necessary for using dolby access.but You should know that dolby access is for windows 10 ONLY after PAYMENT in Microsoft store.any crack patch or fix for this dosent working. Dts sound unbound too. Only if You buy this.

Asus mb isnt necessary for using dolby access.but You should know that dolby access is for windows 10 ONLY after PAYMENT in Microsoft store.any crack patch or fix for this dosent working. Dts sound unbound too. Only if You buy this.
You didnt have asus mb to using asus manager.

misscarol

Realtek UAD + DDL and Realtek UAD + DTSi, u have to choose one of them, install in disable driver signature enforcement mode..as for Realtek UWP control panel extract the RtkUWP_***_PreinstallKit file and double click on the appxbundle file @sput
I was looking for your stuffs, i used before for gaming is omg great very clean simple :)
btw which one you recommend DTS or Dolby for RPG games?

@H4cziLLa
which driver i should use for asus HDA manager then ? i'm using ALC1200, try modded asus's ALC 1200A driver. still cant install

Hello everyone,
Could someone tell me if what I'm trying to do is possible and if so, maybe even how to get it to work? I've spent many hours without success banging on this. I know this has been discussed before, but I can't find a way to play games and get surround sound through to my receiver.

I have an RX 470 on an old Dell Optiplex 3010 motherboard. The motherboard doesn't have analog surround nor SPDIF output and my Yamaha receiver doesn't have HDMI. The RX 470 is a Mining Edition, so it has only DVI (plus a DVI-to-HDMI adapter) to connect to my TV. The Netflix Windows app can play surround in movies just fine like this: RX 470 -> DVI-HDMI adapter -> TV -> SPDIF -> Receiver. Games only play in stereo.

DETAILS:
- Watching Netflix Windows 10 app, I have surround. Voices come only from front speakers, surround effects come from rear speakers, and the 5.1-speaker Dolby indicator lights up on the AVR.
- In TV's Sound menu, "SPDIF Type" is now set to "Dolby Digital"; the other option is "PCM."
- Rtings.com says that my TV, a "TCL 1 Series/D100" (49D100), has "Audio Passthrough 5.1 Dolby Digital via Optical". DTS via Optical is specifically called out as not supported at Rtings.com.
https://www.rtings.com/tv/tests/inputs/5-1-surround-audio-passthrough
- Amazingly, there is no proper manual available for my TV, not even a PDF. I contacted TCL and they said there wasn't a manual and that I could just ask them questions. :eek:

Using Windows Netflix app: With or without APO 2.7.4 driver, my receiver switches to 5.1 Dolby and I have effects coming from rear speakers.
Playing game (Prey 2017): Without APO 2.7.4 driver, my receiver displays two-channel PCM. With APO driver, my receiver switches to 5.1 Dolby, but sound comes out only from front speakers.
FX Configurator has been run
My AMD video card/TV chosen as the Endpoint
Product Config Tool
Dolby Digital Plus Home Theater (HDMI/SPDIF) or any of the other, similar ones chosen
Control Panel / Sound / My TV / Advanced tab / Dolby Digital chosen
Test button clicked and receiver switches to 5.1 Dolby Digital and plays left/right test tones
I can never make more than two speakers appear in Control Panel / Sound for my TV
This may not be a big deal because Netflix plays 5.1 with only two channels showing
Launch Prey and and receiver switches to 5.1 Dolby Digital and plays only through front channels, not the surround speakers. I have not installed any of the .NET or Visual C++ packages/re-packs from the APO website. I seem to have all the VC++ versions since 2008 (x86 and x64 versions) already installed, but I could be wrong on that.

The farthest I've gotten with APO playing games (only FX Configurator and Dolby DS1 7.6.5.1 chosen) is that Dolby Digital indicator lights up showing all six speakers (5.1) are in use, but no audio comes from the rear speakers. If I once again fire up the Netflix app, I still get surround.

Am I right to think I can get 5.1 Dolby Digital working for games with my setup? Do the games have to output in Dolby Digital, or is APO supposed to encode them for me?

I've wondered if it's because I only have two channels in Control Panel / Sound / <device> / Supported Formats, but then again, Dolby surround works great with the Netflix app with just those two channels. I've tried all four "HDMI/SPDIF" options under Product Config Tool, each with Disable All Enhancements checked and unchecked.

I'm running Windows 10 version 1909 and have stayed away from Windows 10 version 2004 in case it's too new for APO Driver.

Any help you could provide would be huge. Here's my viddy card :) : https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/rx-470-mining-back-from-the-dead-zombie-edition.270576/

System Name Dell Inspiron 7375
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700U Mobile Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Memory 16GB (total) 2400MHz DDR4 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Storage SanDisk X600 SATA SSD 512GB
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC3253 (Dell Labelling) ALC255 (Real name)
Hello everyone,
Could someone tell me if what I'm trying to do is possible and if so, maybe even how to get it to work? I've spent many hours without success banging on this. I know this has been discussed before, but I can't find a way to play games and get surround sound through to my receiver.

I have an RX 470 on an old Dell Optiplex 3010 motherboard. The motherboard doesn't have analog surround nor SPDIF output and my Yamaha receiver doesn't have HDMI. The RX 470 is a Mining Edition, so it has only DVI (plus a DVI-to-HDMI adapter) to connect to my TV. The Netflix Windows app can play surround in movies just fine like this: RX 470 -> DVI-HDMI adapter -> TV -> SPDIF -> Receiver. Games only play in stereo.

DETAILS:
- Watching Netflix Windows 10 app, I have surround. Voices come only from front speakers, surround effects come from rear speakers, and the 5.1-speaker Dolby indicator lights up on the AVR.
- In TV's Sound menu, "SPDIF Type" is now set to "Dolby Digital"; the other option is "PCM."
- Rtings.com says that my TV, a "TCL 1 Series/D100" (49D100), has "Audio Passthrough 5.1 Dolby Digital via Optical". DTS via Optical is specifically called out as not supported at Rtings.com.
https://www.rtings.com/tv/tests/inputs/5-1-surround-audio-passthrough
- Amazingly, there is no proper manual available for my TV, not even a PDF. I contacted TCL and they said there wasn't a manual and that I could just ask them questions. :eek:

Using Windows Netflix app: With or without APO 2.7.4 driver, my receiver switches to 5.1 Dolby and I have effects coming from rear speakers.
Playing game (Prey 2017): Without APO 2.7.4 driver, my receiver displays two-channel PCM. With APO driver, my receiver switches to 5.1 Dolby, but sound comes out only from front speakers.
FX Configurator has been run
My AMD video card/TV chosen as the Endpoint
Product Config Tool
Dolby Digital Plus Home Theater (HDMI/SPDIF) or any of the other, similar ones chosen
Control Panel / Sound / My TV / Advanced tab / Dolby Digital chosen
Test button clicked and receiver switches to 5.1 Dolby Digital and plays left/right test tones
I can never make more than two speakers appear in Control Panel / Sound for my TV
This may not be a big deal because Netflix plays 5.1 with only two channels showing
Launch Prey and and receiver switches to 5.1 Dolby Digital and plays only through front channels, not the surround speakers. I have not installed any of the .NET or Visual C++ packages/re-packs from the APO website. I seem to have all the VC++ versions since 2008 (x86 and x64 versions) already installed, but I could be wrong on that.

The farthest I've gotten with APO playing games (only FX Configurator and Dolby DS1 7.6.5.1 chosen) is that Dolby Digital indicator lights up showing all six speakers (5.1) are in use, but no audio comes from the rear speakers. If I once again fire up the Netflix app, I still get surround.

Am I right to think I can get 5.1 Dolby Digital working for games with my setup? Do the games have to output in Dolby Digital, or is APO supposed to encode them for me?

I've wondered if it's because I only have two channels in Control Panel / Sound / <device> / Supported Formats, but then again, Dolby surround works great with the Netflix app with just those two channels. I've tried all four "HDMI/SPDIF" options under Product Config Tool, each with Disable All Enhancements checked and unchecked.

I'm running Windows 10 version 1909 and have stayed away from Windows 10 version 2004 in case it's too new for APO Driver.

Any help you could provide would be huge. Here's my viddy card :) : https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/rx-470-mining-back-from-the-dead-zombie-edition.270576/
Your setup is OK; the issue is in the games. Check if you find a setting of audio output in the game settings, and if it is present, set it to 5.1/multichannel. DD encoder from APO driver will encode the multichannel signal.
Also, netflix uses dolby digital bitstreaming, that's why you are getting 5.1 without using APO driver.

Your setup is OK; the issue is in the games. Check if you find a setting of audio output in the game settings, and if it is present, set it to 5.1/multichannel. DD encoder from APO driver will encode the multichannel signal.
Also, netflix uses dolby digital bitstreaming, that's why you are getting 5.1 without using APO driver.
So this is what happens when you only use a single game for testing... Ugh! :) Prey (2017) doesn't work with this setup, but as soon as I tried it with Alan Wake, Borderlands GOTY Enhanced, Tomb Raider, Half-Life Episode 2, and Left for Dead (all older games), they all worked. Prey and Alien Isolation did not work (only played audio from front channels as far as I can tell). Is it a known limitation that some games don't work with APO Driver? Thank you for the encouragement to keep trying. I'll verify that Prey and Alien Isolation can play surround on a PC with analog surround outputs. Neither has options for surround in their Audio menus, but I can't imagine that I haven't noticed them *not* playing surround sound previously.

Last edited:
Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic S12II 620w (SS-620GB)
Software Windows 10 Education x64 21H2
New DolbySoftwareComponent-3.20700.715.0 available from MS Update Catalog
It comes with a couple new dlls called Dax3DapControl.dll and DAXSSID.dll
DolbyAPOvlldp140.dll

@alanfox2000

along with new Dolby SoftwareComponent HSA 3.20700.702.0 cab download that includes the updated .702 dax3_swc_hsa.inf file needed to download the Dolby v3.20700.702.0 UWP apps from the MS store.

v3.20700.702.0 of the Dolby UWP apps only work with the newest dax3_swc_hsa.inf file and won't work
with an older HSA inf file (like from v3.20602.609.0 as an older dax3_swc_hsa.inf file would download the older .609 Dolby apps)

HSA = hardware support application

jayf95

What is the best enhancer people use for music (for both listening to via receiver/speaker and headphones)? I've been using Dolby Home Theatre v4 for 8 years now and I find it makes a positive difference for music.

Also, I got a new receiver (yamaha rx-v585) and have noticed that my output from the PC is in dolby digital 5.1 but is only 48kz.
1)Is this normal?
2) After recently testing out the 192khz/24bit default format setting in the windows 10 setting (instead of dolby digital) which my receiver indicates outputs 192khz PCM. I found audio was "crisper" yet sounded kind of flat and lacked soundstage (which is where I feel dolby digital enhancements shine) Is there anyway to get dolby digital 192khz output?
3)I suppose another important factor is the sampling frequency of my music. If I play 88khz 24bit music using kodi using directsound output, my receiver sees it at 192khz (when the 192khz/24bit format is used), if wasapi output, its 88khz. But when the format is dolby digital, the receiver sees it as 48khz audio. Is the 192khz format spoofing something such that 88khz music shows on my receiver as 192khz?
thanks

System Name Dell Inspiron 7375
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700U Mobile Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Memory 16GB (total) 2400MHz DDR4 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Storage SanDisk X600 SATA SSD 512GB
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC3253 (Dell Labelling) ALC255 (Real name)
What is the best enhancer people use for music (for both listening to via receiver/speaker and headphones)? I've been using Dolby Home Theatre v4 for 8 years now and I find it makes a positive difference for music.

Also, I got a new receiver (yamaha rx-v585) and have noticed that my output from the PC is in dolby digital 5.1 but is only 48kz.
1)Is this normal?
2) After recently testing out the 192khz/24bit default format setting in the windows 10 setting (instead of dolby digital) which my receiver indicates outputs 192khz PCM. I found audio was "crisper" yet sounded kind of flat and lacked soundstage (which is where I feel dolby digital enhancements shine) Is there anyway to get dolby digital 192khz output?
3)I suppose another important factor is the sampling frequency of my music. If I play 88khz 24bit music using kodi using directsound output, my receiver sees it at 192khz (when the 192khz/24bit format is used), if wasapi output, its 88khz. But when the format is dolby digital, the receiver sees it as 48khz audio. Is the 192khz format spoofing something such that 88khz music shows on my receiver as 192khz?
thanks
The settings that you select in advanced properties determine the sampling rate output of shared mode output. This applies to directsound and wasapi shared mode output.
For Directsound, if the settings in the player differs from that the player chooses, Windows will resample the signal. This is why the 88.2KHz signal appears to have been upsampled, it is being resampled by Windows. You do not want this; the directsound resampler is not as good as player resampler in most cases, though at such high sample rate, you should not hear much difference. For WASAPI shared mode, the player is required to supply signal at the selected setting in the sound control panel, thus the player will always resample the signal if the source audio does not match shared mode sampling.
The DD encoder used on PC supports only 48KHz and operates in shared mode. Any signal which not 48KHz is resampled to 48KHz.
Supported sampling rates for DD the format are 32KHz, 44.1KHz, 48KHz.
WASAPI exclusive mode sets output sampling from what the player requests and supported b output device. If the player requests an inappropriate sampling rate, Windows sends an error to the player and the player may decide to resample and try another frequency, or give error message to user.

Last edited:
APO Driver [2.7.8] is out but
Dolby DAX API Service to 3.20700.715.0
Everything works expect the sound effect doesn't. something that needs to be fixed.
I reinstalled it three times and sound effect for Dolby Atmos isn't working.

May seem like the removal of DolbyDspVllDp.dll by Dolby could be the reason.
Hopefully @alanfox2000 can find a way to make it work without the DolbyDspVllDp.dll.

Last edited:
So this is what happens when you only use a single game for testing... Ugh! :) Prey (2017) doesn't work with this setup, but as soon as I tried it with Alan Wake, Borderlands GOTY Enhanced, Tomb Raider, Half-Life Episode 2, and Left for Dead (all older games), they all worked. Prey and Alien Isolation did not work (only played audio from front channels as far as I can tell). Is it a known limitation that some games don't work with APO Driver? Thank you for the encouragement to keep trying. I'll verify that Prey and Alien Isolation can play surround on a PC with analog surround outputs. Neither has options for surround in their Audio menus, but I can't imagine that I haven't noticed them *not* playing surround sound previously.
The fix for Prey (2017) was to patch the broken XAudio2 files in Windows 10; this didn't seem to fix Alien Isolation: https://blog.klauspost.com/xaudio2-dolby-digital-live-patcher/
Does anyone know if APO Driver has this functionality built into it, or should I just continue to use the patcher above?

AAF Optimus

Account Closed - Will not update Projects
System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
APO Driver [2.7.8] is out but
Dolby DAX API Service to 3.20700.715.0
Everything works expect the sound effect doesn't. something that needs to be fixed.
I reinstalled it three times and sound effect for Dolby Atmos isn't working.

May seem like the removal of DolbyDspVllDp.dll by Dolby could be the reason.
Hopefully @alanfox2000 can find a way to make it work without the DolbyDspVllDp.dll.
In the Dolby APO Software Component 3.20700.715.0, the Dolby DAX API Service (DAX3API.exe) is totally dependent on: Dax3DapControl.dll and DAXSSID.dll, both also need to be copied to the same directory where the Dolby service executable is located. (%SystemRoot%\System32\dolbyaposvc).

In the Dolby APO Software Component 3.20700.715.0, the Dolby DAX API Service (DAX3API.exe) is totally dependent on: Dax3DapControl.dll and DAXSSID.dll, both also need to be copied to the same directory where the Dolby service executable is located. (%SystemRoot%\System32\dolbyaposvc).
When I installed @alanfox2000's APO Driver 2.7.8 which has Component 3.20700.715.0. he had DAX3API.exe with Dax3DapControl.dll and DAXSSID.dll in the same folder which was dolbyaposvc

@Alan Finote did you get it work from your end?

AAF Optimus

Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK

AAF Optimus

Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
I'll let you know how it goes, I'm going to try it again.

From @alanfox2000's APO Driver 2.7.8(Dolby APO Software Component 3.20700.715.0 ). Here's how the files are in same folder(dolbyaposvc) and dolby atmos speaker system shows it working but the sound effect doesn't work. I even have audio enhancement enabled in the sound devices tab.
Capture.PNG
Capture2.PNG

Last edited:

AAF Optimus

Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Dolby Service is running?
yeah it shows it running. I don't know why the sound effect isn't working, I even have the audio enhancement enabled in windows audio devices.

update: just tried your mod dolby atmos and the sound effect difference doesn't work either but it shows in the app and task manager the dolby service running.

Attachments

• DolbyDAXAPI Service.PNG
    DolbyDAXAPI Service.PNG
    361.5 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
yeah it shows it running. I don't know why the sound effect isn't working, I even have the audio enhancement enabled in windows audio devices.

update: just tried your mod dolby atmos and the sound effect difference doesn't work either but it shows in the app and task manager the dolby service running.
Try XML 3.2.0, still working

8PTKyURQO2.png

cLH9RfdKus.png