• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Making Audio Enhancers Work on Windows

System Name Dell Inspiron 7375
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700U Mobile Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Memory 16GB (total) 2400MHz DDR4 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Storage SanDisk X600 SATA SSD 512GB
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC3253 (Dell Labelling) ALC255 (Real name)
He only gets stereo, left right with it selected, the driver or hardware is either downmixing multichannel to stereo, or dropping the other channels, pre-encoder, the encoder only receives 2 channels.
SPDIF on windows, even if you use encoder, always report to have stereo connection to software asking for speaker layout. Applications requesting for channel layout though, these can see upto 6 channels available in Windows Audio, via WASAPI (2 channels can still be outputted), when using a GFX/EFX APO encoder. Channel request and speaker layout is different; they can send different data, causing a mess in testing and support.
I know this; I use Sound Blaster Omni with Dolby Digital Live.

The Test feature on the advanced tab uses Speaker configuration to test output. This only sends signal to left/right channel, as this is what is exposed by the speaker layout. But the channel layout is different; it is 6 channels, the test feature, as it uses the wrong info, only tests partially all supported channels. As such, to properly test DDL, you need to test with an AAC or FLAC 5.1 test file; files that do not usually have bitstream support, but can support 5.1 content.

You can see the SPDIF channel layout being changed if you use Audacity. After setting DDL, you can use Audacity Loopback recording, and it will only be able to connect to SPDIF output when it is set to 6 channel recording; 2 channel mode causes error.
On playback, all channels are properly allocated, as the player usually sends the signal either to WASAPI input, which prefers a 5.1 input, or DirectShow renderer, which has its own downmix/reassignment capability, and the 5.1 signal will be properly allocated to the proper speaker.

Now for games, it depends on what the game checks. If it checks for speaker layout, well, stereo is what will come out; this is why some time ago there was this need to mod games for SPDIF out.
If it checks for channel support, usually 5.1 can come out. Though the big annoyances are games which sends a 5.1 fake signals with all unused layouts being muted. This is most annoying.

To correct this mess, Creative has an ability to use the analog speaker output, which can have native 5.1 layout, and use that output, encode this signal and send it over SPDIF.

There is a few points where you end up with 2 channel audio, even with 6 channel speaker registry and 6 channel specified on the input, if certain driver codes are missing, you get 2 channel audio out.
I get this with my driver and certain ALC's, where my ALT1 driver is identical except the speaker id's and codes used for them, where main resulted in stereo, but ALT1 with 6 channels.

I myself and many others use my main driver, and result in 6 channel out, which means chips work differently, and use different codes, even with 6 channel reg and 6 input.
When I tried to write a driver for USB Realtek, I added DTS Interactive, but there was no speaker codes to work with, nor did it accept normal codes.

1619038819183.png

System Name Dell Inspiron 7375
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700U Mobile Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Memory 16GB (total) 2400MHz DDR4 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Storage SanDisk X600 SATA SSD 512GB
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC3253 (Dell Labelling) ALC255 (Real name)
There is a few points where you end up with 2 channel audio, even with 6 channel speaker registry and 6 channel specified on the input, if certain driver codes are missing, you get 2 channel audio out.
I get this with my driver and certain ALC's, where my ALT1 driver is identical except the speaker id's and codes used for them, where main resulted in stereo, but ALT1 with 6 channels.

I myself and many others use my main driver, and result in 6 channel out, which means chips work differently, and use different codes, even with 6 channel reg and 6 input.
When I tried to write a driver for USB Realtek, I added DTS Interactive, but there was no speaker codes to work with, nor did it accept normal codes.

View attachment 197657
It seems that you make better drivers than creative.
But then Creative is not well known to implement great drivers. :laugh:

But in cases where there is no driver mods, such as that cirrus logic usb device, creative devices and HDMI-SPDIF splitters, there is no such speaker layout change.
DDL does work (I have speaker layout in stereo), but is more of a mess for configuration.

Hehe, yeah Creative make-made very good hardware, but their software and methods used in software is not good.
I remember 10% CPU hit on 8 core 4.2Ghz CPU with transcoding, terrible....

When you installed APO Driver, did you select Dolby Digital Plus?
If not, use maintenance driver to select Dolby Digital Plus (it is the selected one in the picture).
View attachment 197094
Hello.
I have the same card as him plus a EMU 0404 USB. Can you direct me to the download links of the files needed in order to enable DD 5.1 on these ?
Im on Win 10 19042.985
Thank you so much.

Last edited:

Ryonana

I'm having problem that the fx configurator won't open.
Also I tried to update the APO driver and it said old version cannot be removed.

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. B85M-D3H
Memory 8,00 Go (7,89 Go utilisable
Video Card(s) GPU 1 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970/ GPU 0 Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
Keyboard Old Dell keyboard
Hello, what does Dolby Access oem does ?

Can I have Dolby Atmos on SPDIF (NVIDIA Card) ?

root7hk

hello friends yesterday I installed Realtek UAD but
note that the option dolby digital live 5.1 and dts interactive 5.1 was not found
copy some dlls to the Realtek UAD installation folder and it worked thank you very much.
photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 3.jpg

Thank you so much

The interesting thing I have noticed that there are several creators of audio mods
and I wanted to ask if a Realtek UAD + Dolby Access mod can be made

I found on the asus page that the Asus ROG Strix G17 G713 laptop has Dolby Access sound

photo 22.jpg

photo 23.jpg

photo 17.jpg

photo 18.jpg

photo 19.jpg

photo 20.jpg

photo 21.jpg

The folder where the installation files of the Realtek UAD that I installed are located has a lot of similarity I have tried to copy files from this folder of the Asus Realtek UAD Driver into the normal Realtek UAD driver and proceed with the installation

and I fail friends, what can I do to get Dolby Access without having to pay since this asus driver is complete and there is no need to pay

I tried the H4czilla mod and it failed to install Dolby

photo 4.jpg

photo 5.jpg

photo 6.jpg

photo 7.jpg

photo 8.jpg

photo 9.jpg

photo 10.jpg

photo 11.jpg

photo 12.jpg

photo 13.jpg

photo 14.jpg

photo 15.jpg

some advice friends how you could create this Dolby Access mod.

root7hk

Unofficial-Realtek-UAD-generic-6.0.9159.1

Realtek UAD Dolby Access ASUS

Unofficial-Realtek-UAD-generic-6.0.9159.1

Realtek UAD Dolby Access ASUS
Did u get what u needed? Working Dolby access?

root7hk

I have not been able to get dolby access to work. I uploaded the drivers for those who are good at audio mods I thought you could try to make it work

System Name Acer Aspire E5-475G
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U @ 2.50GHz
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce 940MX,Intel HD Graphics 620
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC255
Software Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview
Hmm dirac fujitsu maybe is english version?? (Esprimo use japanese)

Hmm dirac fujitsu maybe is english version?? (Esprimo use japanese)
If you use the Apo Driver to unlock Dirac and its app, then update via MS Store, you get English version :)

Side-by-Side, ALC 889 vs AMD R7 370 (HDMI Extractor), Toslink to Z906.

Same setup for both devices, same SFX, MFX, EFX | DTS (APO4)-Realtek, Both have Interactive:X. The only difference is the devices, my Z906 accepts 2x optical, comparison is a button press.

The AMD and 889 are fairly close with low and mid range audio, however the AMD is in front on high range and generally has a better overall quality.

====

Found this for you all, I scanned it clean with 2 apps, installed and checked it, all working.

Last edited:

bsb

Hello, I don't understand how to use multiple APOS simultaneously, I followed the tutorial but can't seen to make it work.

My headphone is with a problem of swapped channels so I use EQAPO to make them right
My sound card works in 7.1 but the LFE is toast so I use Creative Cinema 5 to emulate 7.1
Also Atmos because every movie uses it nowadays.

If anyone could provide me an ini for these or maybe an easier tutorial I would be fovever thankful.

It can be done, and fairly easily, but I have not worked on Dolby, only DTS:X (APO4). That I can add to your Nvidia HDMI.

Do you have a Realtek device on the system? If not I will need to help you with the .inf.

bsb

I do but my realtek is cutting every minute or so, soldering problem that It's not worth fixing. That is why I am using NVIDIA audio, otherwise I wouldn't really need the APO, would just use AAF.

Ok, I have not tried this yet but it should work. I ask you to make a system restore with Windows before you start. In Windows search type system, and run system information.
Go to components, sound device, and take a screenshot, it should be the only information I need to tell you how to convert the .inf file for Nvidia HDMI.

On my system, I am still using my Realtek ALC 889 for microphone and line in (and a few other features), but now use AMD HDMI for audio out.

1625002027381.png

Thanks, this edit should work for you, I simply changed the VEN (vendor) to your provided one (should apply to all Nvidia devices), see the link I provided for the thread.

[Manufacturer]
%OEM% = AzaliaManufacturerID,NTamd64

[AzaliaManufacturerID.NTamd64]
%Device.ExtensionDesc% = IntcAzAudModel,INTELAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10DE
%Device.ExtensionDesc% = IntcAzAudModel,HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10DE

bsb

Thanks, this edit should work for you, I simply changed the VEN (vendor) to your provided one (should apply to all Nvidia devices), see the link I provided for the thread.

[Manufacturer]
%OEM% = AzaliaManufacturerID,NTamd64

[AzaliaManufacturerID.NTamd64]
%Device.ExtensionDesc% = IntcAzAudModel,INTELAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10DE
%Device.ExtensionDesc% = IntcAzAudModel,HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10DE
Okay, I will take a look, thank you.

If you need help feel free to message me, I do also offer TeamViewer in spare time. Good luck and enjoy if successful.