• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Maximize Creative Potential with Logitech MX Keys Mini, a New Minimalist Wireless Keyboard

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
Today Logitech introduced the new MX Keys Mini and MX Keys Mini for Mac, keyboards designed for creators that pack more power into a minimalist wireless keyboard. MX Keys Mini offers the best features of the standard-sized MX Keys that consumers know and love, in a minimalist wireless keyboard designed for any space you work, whether a large designer desk in the studio or a home setup. Type with confidence, comfort and style on MX Keys Mini, crafted for efficiency, stability and precision to help maximize creative potential.

"Our new smaller form factor is a result of the input and requests from the creative community for a smaller version of our popular MX Keys," said Tolya Polyanker, head of MX Master Series for creativity and productivity at Logitech. "MX Keys Mini allows you to regain control of your workspace, giving you more room for ideas to flow while keeping you productive and comfortable for hours."

MX Keys Mini is equipped with Perfect Stroke, Logitech's best non-mechanical typing technology. The minimalist form factor aligns your shoulders and allows you to place your mouse closer to your keyboard for less hand reaching - resulting in better posture and improved ergonomics. Its spherically-dished keys place every key, command and shortcut at your fingertips, without cluttering your space with extra keys you don't need. Increased key stability reduces noise while optimizing responsiveness - and tactile reference for hand positioning makes it easy to orient your fingers and stay in your flow. Three new functions designed to optimize your work experience when using Logitech Options are available in MX Keys Mini: a dictation key (feature provided by Windows and macOS, available in select countries), mute/unmute microphone key and an emoji key.

Offering USB-C quick-charging, MX Keys Mini easily connects up to three wireless devices with Bluetooth Low Energy and is compatible with Windows, Chrome, Linux and Android, macOS, iOS, iPadOS, Bluetoothand Logi Bolt USB receiver. MX Keys Mini for Mac is optimized for macOS, iOS, and iPadOS.

MX Keys Mini appeals to every personality with three colors - rose, pale gray and graphite - and pairs well with Master Series mice, allowing you to build a complete MX setup and create like never before.

At Logitech, products are designed to deliver great user experiences and minimize environmental footprint. Sustainable design considers environmental and social impacts from the moment raw materials are sourced right through to end-of-life, which is why a portion of MX Keys Mini's plastic parts are made from post-consumer recycled (PCR) plastic — 30 percent for graphite and 12 percent for pale gray and rose. Logitech's PCR program illustrates the brand's commitment to designing for sustainability and ability to innovate to give materials a second life, helping reduce our industry's carbon impact. By the end of 2021, half of Logitech's current Personal Workspace line of mice and keyboards will include some level of PCR plastic and new product introductions will use PCR plastic, wherever possible. MX Keys Mini's paper packaging is also sourced from FSC(R)-certified forests, reflecting Logitech's commitment to supporting responsible management of the world's forests.

Pricing and Availability

Logitech MX Keys Mini and MX Keys Mini for Mac will be available starting today at Logitech.com and many global retailers. Suggested retail price for MX Keys Mini and MX Keys Mini for Mac is $99.99. MX Keys Mini for Business will be available for purchase in late October across key markets.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
As a long-time owner of the full-size MX keyboard, they are disappointingly plastic feeling and the key feel is "casual use only" because they're cheapo membrane keys.

I wasn't expecting Cherry MX key switches but I bought it blindly expecting (at €100) for it to be made of high-quality aluminium.
It's cheap, flexible plastic crap with a metallic dye in the plastic to trick people into thinking it's alloy like the premium offering from other brands (notably Apple, Microsoft, and HP) and it's not worth half what Logitech are asking for it.

System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
As a long-time owner of the full-size MX keyboard, they are disappointingly plastic feeling and the key feel is "casual use only" because they're cheapo membrane keys.

I wasn't expecting Cherry MX key switches but I bought it blindly expecting (at €100) for it to be made of high-quality aluminium.
It's cheap, flexible plastic crap with a metallic dye in the plastic to trick people into thinking it's alloy like the premium offering from other brands (notably Apple, Microsoft, and HP) and it's not worth half what Logitech are asking for it.
That was my experience with their old "high end" slim Illuminated Keyboard K740 as well. Overall pretty meh. I guess I severely disadvantaged it by getting it around the same time as my ThinkPad X201, but man, those keys were mushy and terrible. That the platicizer in the palm rest rubber came out over the course of a couple of years didn't exactly help either. Replaced it with a Thinkpad Compact Trackpoint keyboard and never looked back.

System Name Shoebox
Processor 3600x
Motherboard Msi b550m Mortar +WiFi
Cooling Cryorig m9
Memory Crucial Ballistix c16 B-die 2x8gb
Video Card(s) Powercolor rx570 4gb
Storage WD black sn750 256gb (OS), crucial mx500 1tb(storage),Hitatchi ?? 7200rpm 500gb(Temp files)
Display(s) Samsung 65" TU7100
Case Zzaw b3
Audio Device(s) Yamaha rx-v363
Power Supply Corsair sf750
Mouse Logitech g300s
Keyboard Custom Skyloong sk64s
Software Windows 11Pro
The minimalist form factor aligns your shoulders and allows you to place your mouse closer to your keyboard for less hand reaching - resulting in better posture and improved ergonomics.

:roll:

System Name Graphics Card Free...
Processor Ryzen 5 5600G
Motherboard MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX Wifi
Cooling Cryorig M9a w/ BeQuiet! PureWings 2 ~ 92mm
Memory Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 3200 ~ 16GB(2x8GB)
Storage Samsung EVO 870 SSD - 1TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2
Case Cardboard...
Power Supply eVGA SuperNova 550w G3
Mouse Logitech t400 Zone Touch Mouse
Keyboard IBM Model "M" Keyboard
Software Manjaro ~ KDE Plasma
Benchmark Scores She's a Runner!
100 bucks for this? o_O...

If I'm spending a c-note on a keyboard...it would have to be the quality of a Unicomp at a minimum. Something tells me...this wouldn't make the cut.

I'm a fan of Logitech, but the pricing on this doesn't seem realistic. At perhaps...48.95 it might be a nice addition to my RPI4 setup. I'm going to keep an eye on these and see if I can't nab one on sale...I'm a patient person.

Best,

Liquid Cool

System Name Ghetto Rigs z490|x99|Acer 17 Nitro 7840hs/ 5600c40-2x16/ 4060/ 1tb acer stock m.2/ 4tb sn850x
Processor 10900k w/Optimus Foundation | 5930k w/Black Noctua D15
Motherboard z490 Maximus XII Apex | x99 Sabertooth
Cooling oCool D5 res-combo/280 GTX/ Optimus Foundation/ gpu water block | Blk D15
Memory Trident-Z Royal 4000c16 2x16gb | Trident-Z 3200c14 4x8gb
Video Card(s) Titan Xp-water | evga 980ti gaming-w/ air
Storage 970evo+500gb & sn850x 4tb | 860 pro 256gb | Acer m.2 1tb/ sn850x 4tb| Many2.5" sata's ssd 3.5hdd's
Display(s) 1-AOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz/ 2nd 1-ASUS VG248QE 24"/ 3rd LG 43" series
Case D450 | Cherry Entertainment center on Test bench
Audio Device(s) Built in Realtek x2 with 2-Insignia 2.0 sound bars & 1-LG sound bar
Power Supply EVGA 1000P2 with APC AX1500 | 850P2 with CyberPower-GX1325U
Mouse Redragon 901 Perdition x3
Keyboard G710+x3
Software Win-7 pro x3 and win-10 & 11pro x3
Benchmark Scores Are in the benchmark section
Hi,
Prices are insane atm

System Name Hotbox
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Mouse Logitech G603
Software Windows 10 Pro
The minimalist form factor aligns your shoulders and allows you to place your mouse closer to your keyboard for less hand reaching - resulting in better posture and improved ergonomics.

:roll:
I mean, they're not wrong - removing the numpad brings your mouse hand much closer and significantly reduces rotational stress on your elbow and lower arm (and possibly shoulder). But that's some very flowery language for making a very simple point :p

System Name Shoebox
Processor 3600x
Cooling Cryorig m9
Storage WD black sn750 256gb (OS), crucial mx500 1tb(storage),Hitatchi ?? 7200rpm 500gb(Temp files)
Case Zzaw b3
Mouse Logitech g300s
Software Windows 11Pro
Exactly though when I was a kid they used to spout something similar and say you should use the mouse in your left hand.

Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Case Veddha T2
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
That was my experience with their old "high end" slim Illuminated Keyboard K740 as well. Overall pretty meh. I guess I severely disadvantaged it by getting it around the same time as my ThinkPad X201, but man, those keys were mushy and terrible. That the platicizer in the palm rest rubber came out over the course of a couple of years didn't exactly help either. Replaced it with a Thinkpad Compact Trackpoint keyboard and never looked back.
To put it into context, The keyboard I was using prior to the Logitech Keys MX was a ~£18 ($25) Jelly Comb Amazon special. It was an alloy/plastic/alloy sandwich with scissor-style laptop chiclet keys and even though it was ultimately a membrane keyboard the key travel felt far nicer and more responsive than the disappointing Logitech mush. The fact that the chassis was higher quality and with less flex means that I would absolutely not pay more than about $40 for a Logitech MX Keys Mini - it's a $20 keyboard and you can add maybe $20 extra value because of Logitech's great warranty and RMA track record, but it's definitely not built like a quality product and you know that the instant you touch it for the first time.

I still have the Jelly Comb keyboard and the only reason I don't use it is that I needed a numberpad.

System Name Hotbox
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Mouse Logitech G603
Software Windows 10 Pro
To put it into context, The keyboard I was using prior to the Logitech Keys MX was a ~£18 ($25) Jelly Comb Amazon special. It was an alloy/plastic/alloy sandwich with scissor-style laptop chiclet keys and even though it was ultimately a membrane keyboard the key travel felt far nicer and more responsive than the disappointing Logitech mush. The fact that the chassis was higher quality and with less flex means that I would absolutely not pay more than about $40 for a Logitech MX Keys Mini - it's a $20 keyboard and you can add maybe $20 extra value because of Logitech's great warranty and RMA track record, but it's definitely not built like a quality product and you know that the instant you touch it for the first time.

I still have the Jelly Comb keyboard and the only reason I don't use it is that I needed a numberpad.
Yeah, good scissor switches with some solid backing can feel really great, but if you cheap out on either it goes downhill pretty fast. That Thinkpad compact keyboard I mentioned is just two layers of thin plastic framing surrounding the keyboard straight out of a T420 or similar plus a USB controller board - but the keyboard is extremely rigid by itself, and has a (steel? aluminium?) structural backplate that is glued down to the plastic. The bottom case also has a lot of complex ridges moulded into it for further rigidity. And of course the switches are excellent. The end result is a keyboard so good I'd say it competes with most mech keyboards in terms of response and key feel. I paid something like $60 for mine back in the day, but nowadays they sadly only sell an updated version with BT, which is more than 2x the price. I still kind of want one though :p

You're paying a premium for the hipster minimalist design, not the for the quality.

All the Logitech MX products are pretty overpriced, the mouse is unmatched for productivity imo but you're still paying a big premium on it, the keyboards are for people who don't mind to pay only for the looks of it.

This is a downgrade and poor replacement for the K810.
Less Warranty - now 1 year instead of 3 years.
Bluetooth only - except if you BUY a Bolt receiver THAT IS NOT INCLUDED. WTF! Not Unifying compatible.
Battery doesn't last as long as K810 (judging by my personal MX Keys experience).
Key action not as nice - even though they are still calling it 'Perfect Stroke' something has definitely changed.
Materials nowhere near as nice.
So disappointed.
Logitech playing us for suckers at this point.

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
Bluetooth only - except if you BUY a Bolt receiver THAT IS NOT INCLUDED. WTF! Not Unifying compatible.
Battery doesn't last as long as K810 (judging by my personal MX Keys experience).
Key action not as nice - even though they are still calling it 'Perfect Stroke' something has definitely changed.
So disappointed.
It seems like Logitech is dropping the Unifying receivers in favour of the more "secure" Bolt receivers. I'm sure someone will manage to hack those in due time.

System Name Hotbox
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Mouse Logitech G603
Software Windows 10 Pro
So disappointed.
Ah, I had forgotten about the K810. That always tempted me, as trying it briefly it did feel very nice. This does indeed look like a downgrade. Though admittedly this is a tad cheaper - the K810 was $100 in 2012, which is ~$115 in 2021 dollars. Couple that with near-universal raw material cost increases over the past year (50-300% for many metals and some plastics) the price is somewhat understandable, though it's still too high IMO. They're definitely capitalizing on the window of acceptable hardware pricing expanding upwards significantly in the last few years, with "premium" products becoming ever more expensive. A $100 keyboard in 2021 was about as high as you got (outside of very small niches); a $100 keyboard in 2021 is still not cheap, but finding something 3x that price is pretty easy.

System Name Shoebox
Processor 3600x
Cooling Cryorig m9
Case Zzaw b3
Mouse Logitech g300s
Software Windows 11Pro
System Name Work in progress
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus PRIME B350M-A
Cooling Wraith Stealth Cooler, 4x140mm Noctua NF-A14 FLX 1200RPM Case Fans
Memory Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) CMK16GX4M2A2400C14R DDR4 2400MHz Vengeance LPX DIMM
Video Card(s) GTX 1050 2GB (for now) 3060 12GB on order
Storage Samsung 860 EVO 500GB, Lots of HDD storage
Display(s) 32 inch 4K LG, 55 & 48 inch LG OLED, 40 inch Panasonic LED LCD
Case Cooler Master Silencio S400
Audio Device(s) Sound: LG Monitor Built-in speakers (currently), Mike: Marantz MaZ
Power Supply Corsair CS550M 550W ATX Power Supply, 80+ Gold Certified, Semi-Modular Design
Mouse Logitech M280
Keyboard Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard K750R (works best in summer)
VR HMD none
Software Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64bit OEM, Captur 1 21
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R20: 3508 (WIP)

I think this has beautiful design aesthetics. For people who like Apple design but not the limitations.

Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Case Veddha T2
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Logitech really aren't impressing me of late.

I wasted most of today installing 9 Rally 4K PTZ conference cameras. Downloading the right driver was far from obvious. I ended up getting a working one via a reddit post by other frustrated installers/sysadmins who'd found an unadvertised FTP server on Logitech.com because the conflicting ones linked from the product page, support pages, and the URL printed in the paper manual all failed to work.

Additionally, they all needed firmware updates, shipping with 1.0x firmware from over a year ago despite having a manufactured date less than 2 months ago and the dedicated Logitech Rally firmware update app failed to detect any of the cameras even whilst I was controlling the cameras with a Logitech Rally Control dedicated camera app.

To make matters worse, there's a face-tracking feature that only works on newer firmware, and also requires YET MORE software called Logitech Sync (there are two different products identically-named Logitech Sync, and one of them is totally unrelated to the Logitech Rally cameras). I downloaded the latest version of (the correct) Logitech Sync and then had to update the app again from within the app itself before I could use it. Over the course of the day, the update servers went down twice, once for 15 minutes, and once again for almost 3 hours. I thought it was some niche SSL inspection problem on our firewall, but it randomly started connecting again before I'd committed changes to the firewall, so it was 100% Logitech's servers being unreachable for these periods. That is irresponsibly unacceptable for a company as big as Logitech, IMO.

Once it was all done, the cameras are decent quality and the software can pretty much be hidden away and forgotten about never to be used again, but this is my general experience with Logitech drivers/website these days. I have a whole bunch of Logitech stuff at home and I've learned to use them without drivers whenever possible and UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES use the Logitech website for answers.

It feels like Logitech have just stopped trying. The prices are doubling and the effort/quality is dropping rapidly...

Last edited: