• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Metro Exodus and no achievements on EPIC games store.

Low quality post by Flogger23m
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard ASRock X670E Lightening PG
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120SE CPU cooler, 3x 140mm, 1x 120mm case fan
Memory 32GB G.SKILL Flare X5 DDR5 6000 (PC5 48000) F5-6000J3038F16GX2-FX5
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX 4070
Storage 2TB Sandisk SSD, 2TB P31 SK Hynix, 4TB WD SN850X, WD Black 6TB, WD Red Plus 12TB
Case Fractal Design Definse S
Power Supply Seasonic Focus 750
Mouse Logitech Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Silent w/red LED
VR HMD HTC Vive
Software Win 10 Pro
As their profile clearly states "France", it's not a difficult task to conclude that english is not their primary language. And to be fair, I think their english a very good.

You could be a little more hospitable and less insulting. To be fair they made a few valid points.

They could originally be from an English speaking country (or be fluent in it regardless). Hospitality goes out the window when you quote someone, don't even read the message you're quoting and then add insults on top if it in a poor attempt to ignore what you're quoting. If you can't even respond to a message why bother? The fact that I have reiterated the same points over and over again, used examples and even linked to others who noted how in your face the issues are and turning around and saying "you didn't play the game" is outright absurd.

Perhaps they're paid by Ubisoft considering their location? :p

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
@Flogger23m your blatant anger and insults of people’s intelligence and English comprehension in an off-topic point doesn’t hide the fact that if you are regularly playing without enough money to keep parts of your equipment from getting 3-6 levels below you, then clearly you are not up to the task of playing the game.

I never lack for money (it’s all out there), and don’t lack for the ability to take on enemies with my gear sometimes a level below. Its just not a big issue for me in this game. I absolutely have fun, and I don’t have to work real hard getting the resources to keep up.

Processor Intel i9 11900K
Motherboard Z590 MSI ACE
Cooling Corsair H80i v2
Memory Ballistix Elite 4000 32GB 18-19-19-39
Video Card(s) EVGA 3090 XC3 ULTRA HYBRID
Storage 2x Seagate Barracuda 120 SSD 1 TB, XPG SX8200 PRO 1 TB
Display(s) Acer Predator Z321QU
Case Fractal Design Meshify C
Power Supply Asus ROG Strix 1000W
I never lack for money (it’s all out there), and don’t lack for the ability to take on enemies with my gear sometimes a level below. Its just not a big issue for me in this game. I absolutely have fun, and I don’t have to work real hard getting the resources to keep up.

Just gather as you go from one place to the next...simple Simon stuff.

Processor i7 12700K
Motherboard MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 4400Mhz CL19 1T
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 6700 XT
Storage 970 EVO 250GB|Crucial m4 128GB|MX300 525GB|MX500 1TB|PNY XLR8 2TB|Kingston NV2 2TB|14TB HDD|4TB HDD
Display(s) Acer XG270HU 27" 1440p 144Hz
Case Fractal Design DEFINE R4 Black Pearl Window
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Razer Naga Trinity
Keyboard EVGA Z15 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro 64bit
Looks like English isn't your native language. I've already addressed this multiple times now. Either you're not very intelligent or reading English simply isn't something you do very well. That is putting it as kindly as one can.

I'll humor you since your reading skills aren't too good:

How damn dumb can you be? You literally quoted it. Read the bold parts of each quotes in. If you can't understand that you either:

- Have terrible English reading/comprehension skills (which is okay)
- Are an outright imbecile (not okay when you accuse someone of trolling to mask your lack of intelligence)

I can do the same for all of your other "points" but I already did previously so the effort is wasted.
English is not my native language.
I understand very well what you wrote. It is just you are not playing as it is intended to be played.
You think your way is the way but you are 100% wrong.
If you lack of currency maybe you just kill ennemies without looting and move. You can sell weapons/gear you don't need, gather wood, stones etc...
It's an exploration game, you travel, discover things, earn exp doing this, get rewards cleaning areas from ennemies, loots and money, help athenians or spartans and earn exp/money/loots. You can sell the loots...
Again...YOU DON'T HAVE TO GRIND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the rest, thank you, I guess.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Thank you.

@Flogger23m it is painfully obvious you do not understand “pay to win”. AC:O, which is not the subject of this thread, although you have tried to make it one, requires not one cent to be paid. I have done just fine and enjoyed the hell out of it. Indeed, 275 hours in and no extra payments kind of proves you are barking up the wrong tree.

That’s why I have defended it, because it is NOT pay to win. It is PLAY to win, which apparently you are not too good at or you’d not be complaining.

As to the historical weaknesses, I never said I thought it was showing history well. For me the sense of wonder is seeing all the historical LOCATIONS, many of which played a part in mythology as well. I really don’t care if the rest of it is true to history, because it is a GAME, meant for enjoyment and escape.

As to women in Ancient Greece, the exception were the Spartan women.

This is an interesting contradiction.

What you are actually saying - and @moproblems99 as well, is that you are smart enough at the game to not feel any urge to spend money to advance quicker, and therefore its not pay to win game design at heart.

Now consider a kid that gets what, 1,5 hours per day playtime on the computer. How many hours in the game do you have? I think this makes the point painfully clear.

The fact remains - and there is simply no way around that - that game design around fetch quests with a repetitive nature - grinding - stems from the MMO, a type of game designed around keeping players online as often and long as possible. And inherent to that game design is always a way to advance faster - that is how you get those typical MMO zerg runs / speed clearing. Its not about a game experience to really enjoy, its about clearing content as efficiently as possible. Note however the two aren't mutually exclusive either, there is a certain enjoyment to be had in attaining that efficiency alone or as a group, but still.

Now, also consider the motivation beyond MMO concepts for developers: as @Flogger23m mentioned; its also an efficiency based design from a dev point of view. Its easy to make these quests, and its easy to make a lot of them. Low cost, high playtime potential. Much easier than getting some real handmade content that may last, say just 12 hours to complete. Odyssey kinda mixes the two up a bit, but still, its in there. And the part that makes this design pay to win and not just 'efficiency based', is because a cash store is tied to progression as well. As little or as much as it does, is irrelevant - the fact that its there is a telltale sign about the focus of game design.

Developers experiment with this alot. Remember Shadow of War? If you wanted to min-max, its either a long grind or some loot boxes. Was the game pay to win at its core? No, but beyond the story, the game was designed around the concept. And after the initial hype (and criticism) had passed, they killed them after all.

Food for thought ;)

Last edited:

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)

What you are actually saying - and @moproblems99 as well, is that you are smart enough at the game to not feel any urge to spend money to advance quicker, and therefore its not pay to win game design at heart.

Now consider a kid that gets what, 1,5 hours per day playtime on the computer. How many hours in the game do you have? I think this makes the point painfully clear.

The fact remains - and there is simply no way around that - that game design around fetch quests with a repetitive nature - grinding - stems from the MMO, a type of game designed around keeping players online as often and long as possible. And inherent to that game design is always a way to advance faster - that is how you get those typical MMO zerg runs / speed clearing. Its not about a game experience to really enjoy, its about clearing content as efficiently as possible. Note however the two aren't mutually exclusive either, there is a certain enjoyment to be had in attaining that efficiency alone or as a group, but still.

Now, also consider the motivation beyond MMO concepts for developers: as @Flogger23m mentioned; its also an efficiency based design from a dev point of view. Its easy to make these quests, and its easy to make a lot of them. Low cost, high playtime potential. Much easier than getting some real handmade content that may last, say just 12 hours to complete. Odyssey kinda mixes the two up a bit, but still, its in there. And the part that makes this design pay to win and not just 'efficiency based', is because a cash store is tied to progression as well. As little or as much as it does, is irrelevant - the fact that its there is a telltale sign about the focus of game design.

Developers experiment with this alot. Remember Shadow of War? If you wanted to min-max, its either a long grind or some loot boxes. Was the game pay to win at its core? No, but beyond the story, the game was designed around the concept. And after the initial hype (and criticism) had passed, they killed them after all.

Food for thought ;)
I hear what you say, but what @c2DDragon says in this quote sums it up beautifully:
It's an exploration game, you travel, discover things, earn exp doing this, get rewards cleaning areas from ennemies, loots and money, help athenians or spartans and earn exp/money/loots. You can sell the loots...
Again...YOU DON'T HAVE TO GRIND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is so much to do and so many ways to do things and advance that it’s not a grind. It’s set in ancient frickin Greece, how cool is that?! :D Basically, if someone thinks this is grindy, then they didn’t like TW3 either because the game setup is extremely similar.

You want grind? Try that abominable DA:I. ;)

Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
I hear what you say, but what @c2DDragon says in this quote sums it up beautifully:

There is so much to do and so many ways to do things and advance that it’s not a grind. It’s set in ancient frickin Greece, how cool is that?! :D Basically, if someone thinks this is Grundy, then they didn’t like TW3 either because the game setup is extremely similar.

You want grind? Try that abominable DA:I. ;)

Yeah that is why I pointed out Odyssey mixes it up - and pretty well at that - but still, don't confuse YOUR experience with the game (and with knowledge of the amount of time you can spend on it per day) with that of another person.

You read forum comments and opinions right? How many times didn't you read about game X where the presence of a cash shop with experience items was defended by PEOPLE, customers like you and me, who said it was a nice way for them to enjoy game X while having a busy life? I can remember a lot of those... and I'm very sure there are posts like that on the Ubi forums. Just try to imagine the actual poverty of that idea: you buy cash shop progression 'to enjoy the game'. Nuff said... "Insert a Coin to continue" comes to mind.

DA:I is another good example indeed. I've always said it was a game with identity crisis.
and... yes, I've also pointed out the same about TW3, but TW3 is another example of a game that hides that fact so well, you stop caring and actually is voiced and scripted well, not all that repetitive, - and more importantly: there is NO CASH SHOP tied to progression.

There is another side effect to that cash shop based progression boost. Modding gets locked out, cheating gets locked out. But: you can buy them! So in essence this type of game design is at odds with quite a few cool aspects of PC gaming. My second playthrough of TW3 I just straight up boosted myself to level 20. You try that in Odyssey ;)

Last edited:
Processor i7 12700K
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Storage 970 EVO 250GB|Crucial m4 128GB|MX300 525GB|MX500 1TB|PNY XLR8 2TB|Kingston NV2 2TB|14TB HDD|4TB HDD
Mouse Razer Naga Trinity

Food for thought ;)
Yeah that is why I pointed out Odyssey mixes it up - and pretty well at that - but still, don't confuse YOUR experience with the game (and with knowledge of the amount of time you can spend on it per day) with that of another person.

You read forum comments and opinions right? How many times didn't you read about game X where the presence of a cash shop with experience items was defended by PEOPLE, customers like you and me, who said it was a nice way for them to enjoy game X while having a busy life? I can remember a lot of those... and I'm very sure there are posts like that on the Ubi forums. Just try to imagine the actual poverty of that idea: you buy cash shop progression 'to enjoy the game'. Nuff said... "Insert a Coin to continue" comes to mind.

DA:I is another good example indeed. I've always said it was a game with identity crisis.
and... yes, I've also pointed out the same about TW3, but TW3 is another example of a game that hides that fact so well, you stop caring and actually is voiced and scripted well, not all that repetitive, - and more importantly: there is NO CASH SHOP tied to progression.

There is another side effect to that cash shop based progression boost. Modding gets locked out, cheating gets locked out. But: you can buy them! So in essence this type of game design is at odds with quite a few cool aspects of PC gaming. My second playthrough of TW3 I just straight up boosted myself to level 20. You try that in Odyssey ;)
The boosters are for those who want to pay extra to finish the game faster. You don't need them. If people think they need them, they just don't want to play the game but just rush the main quest.
Now, why would you want to finish the game faster ? If you play let's say 1h a day, what is the problem ? There is no competition tied to the completion. You can enjoy the whole product, you don't even need to be online to play Odyssey.
What's the point skipping tons of beautyful landscapes, "secrets", history, the joy of discoveries and go rush the main quest and DLCs' to wait the next DLC ARC ?
They add stories every months. Nothing forces you to beat the game in 24h, you can litteraly ignore the main quest and do your misthios life if you want.
Again, without competition, it's a nonsense to use the term "Pay2Win".
You can even have cool stuff from the shop doing the dailies and the weekly quests for free using the orichalcum you get as a reward from those quests.
If people think they need everything they see in cash shops, well, I cannot help at this point.
Also, as a non native english I want to clarify something. @Flogger23m said multiple times that you "need to" grind. Need means it's necessary, which is wrong here because you just have to play the game doing any activities to be rich and powerful.

They could originally be from an English speaking country (or be fluent in it regardless). Hospitality goes out the window when you quote someone, don't even read the message you're quoting and then add insults on top if it in a poor attempt to ignore what you're quoting. If you can't even respond to a message why bother? The fact that I have reiterated the same points over and over again, used examples and even linked to others who noted how in your face the issues are and turning around and saying "you didn't play the game" is outright absurd.

Perhaps they're paid by Ubisoft considering their location? :p
Let's clarify something, I don't see any insults except in your posts against me. Please provide quotes of my insults I'm supposed to have wrote about you. You are clearly disrespectul and you are stuck in your point of view. I think the fact we don't share your point of view broke something and you act like this. I don't know. I think it's sad.

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Motherboard ASRock Taichi X570
Cooling Water
Memory 32GB GSkill CL16 3600mhz
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Storage 2 x AData XPG 8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
Case Thermaltake Tower 900
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum

I have like 30 hours in 5 months.

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
I have like 30 hours in 5 months.

But youre not a kid that is highly susceptible to peer pressure, for example. You are also more aware of the value of money, etc. and you have other things to worry about surely.

@c2DDragon Maybe the term 'monetization of gameplay/playtime' is better suited; but really its mostly semantics. "Boosters are for those that want to pay extra to finish faster" is still the same BS really. Why isnt there a cheat for that instead? Because its a business model that works; filler content that uses people's OCD and completionist urges - psychological abuse quite like the lootbox mechanic. There is no way around that, and it influences the gameplay for everyone including you - it reduces the degree of control you have over the game.

Processor i7 12700K
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Mouse Razer Naga Trinity
@c2DDragon Maybe the term 'monetization of gameplay/playtime' is better suited; but really its mostly semantics. "Boosters are for those that want to pay extra to finish faster" is still the same BS really. Why isnt there a cheat for that instead? Because its a business model that works; filler content that uses people's OCD and completionist urges - psychological abuse quite like the lootbox mechanic. There is no way around that, and it influences the gameplay for everyone including you - it reduces the degree of control you have over the game.
I didn't feel any impact during the game.
If you want cheats you can use trainers, if really you feel tricked.
or

Also there are glitches in the game if REALLY you guys feel stabbed in the back and want to get a sort of revenge...

I personally didn't use any cheat or glitch because I really didn't feel what you guys explain, in this game. I clearly believe the fact there are boosters makes you paranoid (no offense), I did feel the game was rewarding in term of exp & money enough.

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
I didn't feel any impact during the game.
If you want cheats you can use trainers, if really you feel tricked.
or

Also there are glitches in the game if REALLY you guys feel stabbed in the back and want to get a sort of revenge...

I personally didn't use any cheat or glitch because I really didn't feel what you guys explain, in this game. I clearly believe the fact there are boosters makes you paranoid (no offense), I did feel the game was rewarding in term of exp & money enough.

Trainers and XP glitches are both against the Terms of Use ;) not that it matters but still, it says alot.

You are still missing the point though - I also said that Odyssey hides the design well and its personal whether or not it affects YOU... but it would simply not exist if it didnt make Ubisoft money. The fact remains, those boosts exist and they exist because people are susceptible to pay to win mechanics. Winning can also be finishing a game. Doesnt need competition from other players.

Stop applying your personal experience and try to take a step back, and you might see it. And note, its really not about Odyssey, but about recognizing the elements of the game's design.

Trainers and XP glitches are both against the Terms of Use ;) not that it matters but still, it says alot.
If we were talking about multiplayer, that would be a thing, but this is single player, so who cares. Additionally, fair-use over-rides and supersedes EULA/TermsOfUse, so trainers are perfectly legal and acceptable for personal use. Additionally, GameCopyWorld has been around for about two decades and have a hard-earned reputation for being malware/virus free.

Last edited:
Processor i7 12700K
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Mouse Razer Naga Trinity

You are still missing the point though - I also said that Odyssey hides the design well and its personal whether or not it affects YOU... but it would simply not exist if it didnt make Ubisoft money. The fact remains, those boosts exist and they exist because people are susceptible to pay to win mechanics. Winning can also be finishing a game. Doesnt need competition from other players.

Stop applying your personal experience and try to take a step back, and you might see it. And note, its really not about Odyssey, but about recognizing the elements of the game's design.
The exp glitch is not new and I don't think the team even wants to fix it, I think they don't care because, again, there is no competition, please.
I am forced to use my personal experience to explain my point of view.
If you want me to say more, here is what I think. Those cash shops permit the devs to earn extra money from people who can spend unlimited amount of cash (and there are tons of) and so, those persons help to support the developement of new content. I don't talk only about the boosters but the skins they create every months, armors, horses, naval things, weapons, which are on the cash shop BUT can be earned for free using orichalcum ore you get from dailies and weeklies...enhancing the game more.
It's a good way to get money from people who already bought the game. It's not needed. It doesn't destroy the non-cash shop players' experience at all.

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
The exp glitch is not new and I don't think the team even wants to fix it, I think they don't care because, again, there is no competition, please.
I am forced to use my personal experience to explain my point of view.
If you want me to say more, here is what I think. Those cash shops permit the devs to earn extra money from people who can spend unlimited amount of cash (and there are tons of) and so, those persons help to support the developement of new content. I don't talk only about the boosters but the skins they create every months, armors, horses, naval things, weapons, which are on the cash shop BUT can be earned for free using orichalcum ore you get from dailies and weeklies...enhancing the game more.
It's a good way to get money from people who already bought the game. It's not needed. It doesn't destroy the non-cash shop players' experience at all.

I get that, and I agree with you. And I've also always said cosmetics are a great way to deploy a cash shop for games as well.

I never said Odyssey is a pay-to-win game at heart, but it does have elements of pay to win-type game design in there, the goal is not much different from the MMO that wants you to keep playing as long as possible - and at a low dev cost 'per hour' at that. Why do they want you to keep playing? So they can design another set of fancy pants for your character? Of course - its so that you buy that content. Giving free content also falls in that category, its an incentive to get paid content as well 'out of goodwill'. Those free things keep you tied to the game and more likely to spend on grossly overpriced DLC. 'Enhancing the game more' is another way to put it, yes. But its not charity, its a business model that serves to get you to pay more money. Its not because devs are poor.

Is this bad/negative, depends how you look at it and what you look for in games. Is it detrimental to game design in a larger scheme of things.... I get the impression that it is. Games don't get better from post-launch cosmetic content, new skins or a new vehicle to drive. Games get better from talented devs and a well scoped project that simply gets finished, and its just very simple, those are pretty rare. TW3 is an example of it, Divinity OS(2) are examples of that - and they are blockbusters partly for that reason - even though they deploy game design not much different from AC:O.

The reason this type of game design works well for the recent couple of AC's, is in great part because there is a pretty solid team behind it as well. Many other games do something quite similar and fail miserably - they feel like the theme park MMO. DA:I is a great example of that. Its a design that works, but its good to remember where it stems from and what the motivation behind it really is - and when it goes wrong it becomes painfully clear what you've gotten into. That is the point I wanted to make, no more ;) For all of these games its walking a fine line between immersion breaking P2W and well designed, content heavy games at a reasonable price. I have to say Ubisoft is mastering the art pretty rapidly. GR:W is not much different either, but still does the same trick pretty well in its own way.

Last edited:
System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Motherboard ASRock Taichi X570
Cooling Water
Memory 32GB GSkill CL16 3600mhz
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Storage 2 x AData XPG 8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
Case Thermaltake Tower 900
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum
Motherboard Z590 MSI ACE
Cooling Corsair H80i v2
If we were talking about multiplayer, that would be a thing, but this is single player, so who cares. Additionally, fair-use over-rides and supersedes EULA/TermsOfUse, so trainers are perfectly legal and acceptable for personal use. Additionally, GameCopyWorld has been around for about two decades and have a hard-earned reputation for being malware/virus free.

I got the trainer for Watchdogs 2 and set it up. Here's what it said about playing online...
WATCH_DOGS® 22019-6-26-19-50-58.jpg

Now i can really go to town mayhem wise. I can see these trainers can breath new life into old games. I may have to use them in the future if arthritis gets me and i want to still play.

I got the trainer for Watchdogs 2 and set it up. Here's what it said about playing online...
View attachment 125780

Now i can really go to town mayhem wise. I can see these trainers can breath new life into old games. I may have to use them in the future if arthritis gets me and i want to still play.
But you can otherwise play the game single player.

Last edited:
Processor i7 12700K
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Mouse Razer Naga Trinity
View attachment 125780

But you are removing some fun times by playing offline.
I saw many different players few weeks ago. The game is not dead.
Chasing and dealing with outlaws running away from cops or watching a hacked player getting mad and shooting everybody while you hack him ahah it adds a lot.
At least you cannot be hacked :D

Motherboard Z590 MSI ACE
Cooling Corsair H80i v2
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard ASRock X670E Lightening PG
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120SE CPU cooler, 3x 140mm, 1x 120mm case fan
Memory 32GB G.SKILL Flare X5 DDR5 6000 (PC5 48000) F5-6000J3038F16GX2-FX5
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX 4070
Storage 2TB Sandisk SSD, 2TB P31 SK Hynix, 4TB WD SN850X, WD Black 6TB, WD Red Plus 12TB
Case Fractal Design Definse S
Power Supply Seasonic Focus 750
Mouse Logitech Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Silent w/red LED
VR HMD HTC Vive
Software Win 10 Pro
Didn't check back for a few days, but let me respond to these.

@Flogger23m your blatant anger and insults of people’s intelligence and English comprehension in an off-topic point doesn’t hide the fact that if you are regularly playing without enough money to keep parts of your equipment from getting 3-6 levels below you, then clearly you are not up to the task of playing the game.

You realize you started the insults right? You tell me what sounds aggressive here:

Flogger23m said:
I finished playing it a few days back. I put around 80 hours into it. Game absolutely is grind based and you have to artificially spend time gathering resources, playing literal delivering & fetch quests and spends hours doing junk content to be able to afford to keep upgrading. If you don't the game will become impossibly difficult. It certainly has ushered in a new era of pay to win for SP games.

rtwjunkie said:
Instead of wasting money to end up complaining, either learn to enjoy gaming for gaming’s sake, for the immersive escape it is, or find a new hobby which pleases you.

Translation: If you played a game and don't like the business practices, enjoy it anyways or STFU and find a new hobby. That is outright insulting and ironically aggressive.

C2dDragon's posts are even worse as he quotes someone, then disregards what he quoted, questions again while adding an insult in there. He sees criticism of something he likes, quotes them and then seemingly forgets what he even quoted when writing his response. That is just insulting. He seems to devolve every mechanic designed around grinding and paid boosters into a lecture of how people don't know how to play the game when the reply he is quoting details the game mechanics.

Just to give you an example, I talk about gameplay mechanics including upgrading gear.

Flogger23m said:
Wrong. If you do that your gear will be under leveled. This means it will take 15-20 hits to take down an enemy but they can knock you out in 4-5 hits. It means you cannot assassinate someone silently. This rolls back into other grindy loops designed to take longer and make it more of a pain. If you cannot quickly assassinate someone you will get caught for having an open fight, which means bounty hunters. Which means running to the same repeating locations to kill the random NPC who put a bounty on you or paying it off. Neither of which are practical. Which means grinding more for soft leather to get your gear to an acceptable level.

If you for 2 hours of quests, expect another 1-2 hours of grinding to keep your gear upgraded. Or pay up for the booster.

A level 50 character with level 48 gear is absolutely worthless, and there are multiple discouraging feedback loops which put you into a grind. Grind before quests for resources or go in without grinding, get a bounty, and then grind enough to pay it off or run to another NPC (or three) to kill them. To idea is to add multiple points where people will break down and just pay for the stupid boosters. That way they can level up quicker and start getting the +15% Assassin, Hunter or Warrior skills so gear grinding isn't as necessary.

A screen shot of his posts with my quotes in them:

upgrade.jpg

Yes, he replies and quotes a post from me talking about upgrades and then in the same reply questions if I know that you can upgrade gear in the game. He just replied to it! That is outright insulting.

He takes it to another level and says that if you point out the game mechanics you're either "trolling hard" or "trolling hard". Which is ironic, because his post is the most troll like in this thread. Quotes a post, ignores what he quoted and then adds an insult.

Up to you to decide what his issue is, I've already pointed out the two logical explanations for his posting style.

I'm sure his reply will still be "you don't know how to play the game, even though you thoroughly explained the mechanics and have put 90+ hours into it while having finished it". :p

R-T-B said:
Someone hasn't found the "disable steam overlay" button.

But that disables the entire overlay, and not just achievement pop ups.

redditboy

We all know the rage that caused the choice of 4A games to take off (even if for 1 year) Metro Exodus on Steam.

I bought Metro Exodus on Epic store because I'm a fan of the saga. Epic store is empty ... Contains only keys to buy install and play

With achievements i have a relationship of love and hate. But i have to say that they give me a sense of completeness if i get one or half of them.

Now having no more achievements on Epic store i have a sense of emptiness.

I have no trace that i have completed the game, nor that i finished with hard difficulty at the first run and i got the good ending.
hole time Epic Games try to differ from steam and you want them to steal steam's main feature? sounds strange