• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Metro: Exodus SDK: user created maps possible?

I read in a steam update for Metro: Exodus that they had released an SDK. Will this allow anyone to create maps for Metro:Exodus? That would be somewhat revolutionary in this day and age of overpriced DLC.

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F
Cooling Dark Rock 4, 3x Corsair ML140 front intake, 1x rear exhaust
Memory 2x8GB TridentZ RGB [3600Mhz CL16]
Video Card(s) EVGA 3060ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Storage 970 EVO 500GB nvme, 860 EVO 250GB SATA, Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 4TB HDDs
Display(s) 27" MSI G27C4 FHD 165hz
Case NZXT H710
Audio Device(s) Modi Multibit, Vali 2, Shortest Way 51+ - LSR 305's, Focal Clear, HD6xx, HE5xx, LCD-2 Classic
Power Supply Corsair RM650x v2
Mouse iunno whatever cheap crap logitech *clutches Xbox 360 controller security blanket*
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores ask your mother
I would love to find out that was true. Be pretty nice to play with something like that after so much time spent pulling teeth from Bethesda's Creation Kit. That software package is a nightmare to work with - as buggy as the games are, it's even more unstable and erratic. And then the game engine you're working with just naturally looks like crap. To build cells and then make levels out of them on a platform like Metro Exodus would be sick nasty. What would be extra-cool would be if we were allowed to use RTX. I don't think DLSS would be possible due to relying on machine learning, but I know I would get a kick out of creating my own raytraced environments in the game engine that has arguably the best implementation of RTX features to date. Imagine being able to use custom assets. I could see that taking off with the amateur developers and tweakers out there.