• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Metro UI Tweaker: Make Windows 8 Look Like Windows 7

System Name i7-PC / HTPC / iMac
Processor i7 3820 / Phenom II 940
Motherboard GIGABYTE G1.ASSASSIN2 / M3A79-T Deluxe
Cooling Corsair Hydro H100i / Scythe II (HS only)
Memory G.SKILL Trident X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600mhz / 4GB DDR2 1066 (@800) Corsair Dominator
Video Card(s) GB Radeon HD 7950s 3GB / GB Radeon HD 7950s 3GB
Storage 2x 80GB Intel X-25, 2x600gb SATA, 1x1tb 5400RPM storage /1x600GB, 3x500GB,1x160,1x120 SATA
Display(s) 1x 27" Yamakasi / Vizio 42" HDTV
Case Lian Li Lancool PC-K58 / Antec 900
Audio Device(s) HT Omega Striker 7.1 / Onboard and HDMI from ATi Card
Power Supply PC Power & Cooling 750W / 610W
Software Ubuntu / Windows 8.1 Pro / OS X / PHPStorm / Gaming
are you serious? you have no argument. you're whining that people who don't like windows 8 are whining. grow up.

if you can run win 8 in win 7 mode, what is the purpose of this third party software? if there is a simple option in win 8 that does the same thing, why does this even exist?
gates has already said he expects the touch interface to be used by everyone. he thinks touch monitors should be ubiquitous - despite the fact that they are ridiculously tiring to use for any extended period of time.

i like a lot of the features windows 8 offers. i don't like the metro screen. it is locked in unless you use third party software(or edit core files), and classic mode is still win8 with metro, unless hacked.

thanks for schooling me kid, but i know the variety out there and the chance was with the dev preview. of course i will try rcs as well, but with gate's own comments they don't plan to change anything.
in fact, the only way it WOULD be improved is by feedback from people like me, who actually care - rather than people who simply want to insult and demean others just because they have a different point of view. again, grow up.

and please, answer this: do you all really think the only valid comment about windows 8 is a positive one? you people attack everyone who doesn't have something nice to say - no matter how valid their negative feedback. that doesn't hint of intellectual honesty.

Deanr

I have been using computers since 1980 - have grown up with Microsoft from the early days of DOS to the current windows 7, through good and bad. Have my own business and have been teaching retirees how to use computers for many years. I repair, rebuild and upgrade systems. Microsoft, you have finally gone troppo!! Computers are for people who need something simple and something to run their businesses not a b....y glorified X-Box. I have loaded Windows 8 into a spare computer, have been using it for a few weeks and I still haven't found anything I like about it. How about allowing the choice of interface or should we abandon this gamey c..p and opt for Apple, Linix or just not bother purchasing any more Microsoft?
Please, please give us back a simple lackluster interface of old.

Yo_Wattup

System Name Desktop/Gamer/Digital Audio Wokstation ||| HTPC
Processor 2500k @ 4.65ghz ||| AMD A8 @ 3.6ghz
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V Pro
Cooling Noctua NH-D14 with single Blue Antec Tri-Cool 120mm ||| Stock
Memory 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600 @1900mhz 8-9-9-24 ||| 8GB G.Skill 1600 CL9
Video Card(s) 2x HIS HD6950 2GB Crossfire, 6970 clocks ||| HD6550D
Storage 120GB Intel 320 series SSD + 2TB storage ||| 1TB Seagate
Display(s) 32" Sony Bravia LCD 1080p ||| 50" Hitachi Plasma 1080p
Case Raidmax Raptor modded to 7 fans ||| A compact HP Case
Audio Device(s) Firewire audio interface + two 9" studio monitors, 450 REAL watts ||| onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX 750W ||| generic 400W
Software Win 7 Ultimate + Win 8 consumer preview||| Win 7 Pro
Benchmark Scores Never drops below 60fps Battlefield 3 everything on max, fov 90. :D
are you serious? you have no argument. you're whining that people who don't like windows 8 are whining. grow up.

if you can run win 8 in win 7 mode, what is the purpose of this third party software? if there is a simple option in win 8 that does the same thing, why does this even exist?
gates has already said he expects the touch interface to be used by everyone. he thinks touch monitors should be ubiquitous - despite the fact that they are ridiculously tiring to use for any extended period of time.

i like a lot of the features windows 8 offers. i don't like the metro screen. it is locked in unless you use third party software(or edit core files), and classic mode is still win8 with metro, unless hacked.

thanks for schooling me kid, but i know the variety out there and the chance was with the dev preview. of course i will try rcs as well, but with gate's own comments they don't plan to change anything.
in fact, the only way it WOULD be improved is by feedback from people like me, who actually care - rather than people who simply want to insult and demean others just because they have a different point of view. again, grow up.

and please, answer this: do you all really think the only valid comment about windows 8 is a positive one? you people attack everyone who doesn't have something nice to say - no matter how valid their negative feedback. that doesn't hint of intellectual honesty.

He's simply stating his opinion dude, chill out.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
System Name Something Esoteric 2
Processor Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS Prime B650-Plus
Cooling Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360MM AIO
Memory 64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000Mhz DDR5
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus RTX 3090 OC 24GB
Storage WD Black SN850X 2TB NVMe
Display(s) 2 x Dell S2721DGF IPS
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Samsung Buds2 Pro, SteelSeries Siberia 800
Power Supply EVGA 1200W P3 80+ Platinum
Mouse Logitech G903
Keyboard Microsoft Sidewinder X6
Software Windows 11 Pro
I'm sure he's "chilled out" since that post is from last September.

Heh, there's one born every minute isn't there... :laugh:

FELIXTHECAT777

FELIXTHECAT777

Just wondering how you go about running Win 8 in Win 7 mode? I buy and sell PC's for a living and found Classic Shell which I found to be so much better than this software. I need something that goes quick since I work alone and have to keepem moving. Ever tried Classic Shell and if so which is faster, any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated