• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI MEG X670E ACE

ir_cow

Staff member
did you tried “Memory Context Restore” BIOS option?
Yep, I used it for a while with ddr5-5600 2x32GB. Eventually turned it off because every once in a while it would fail to boot. I rather just deal with 30 extra seconds than have to spend 10 minutes figuring out why it doesn't boot the next day.

This isn't just a MSI thing. All context restore works about the same and has the same issues.

sblantipodi

Yep, I used it for a while with ddr5-5600 2x32GB. Eventually turned it off because every once in a while it would fail to boot. I rather just deal with 30 extra seconds than have to spend 10 minutes figuring out why it doesn't boot the next day.

This isn't just a MSI thing. All context restore works about the same and has the same issues.

I agree, I tried it on a Corsair 4x16GB SK Hynix sticks set at 6000mt/s C30 and
Context Memory Restore creates some troubles from time to time.

I disabled it too... thanks for your answer ir_cow

gerard.bow

I love meaningless settings.
What is the difference between the profiles with star and without?

Or the Lodeline Menu ... Mode 1 vs 8 ???
Zero documentation in which steps what is controlled, not even whether % or fixed mV

Attachments

• bios19.jpg
    bios19.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 42
  • bios23.jpg
    bios23.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 41

ir_cow

Staff member
I love meaningless settings.
What is the difference between the profiles with star and without?

Or the Lodeline Menu ... Mode 1 vs 8 ???
Zero documentation in which steps what is controlled, not even whether % or fixed mV
I believe the * is additional tweaks to the sub-timings. As for LLC, it changes the vdroop. I forget which direction MSI does it, but one side is overshooting and the other does the opposite. You might inheritly think the one that gives the lowest drop is best, but that comes with higher transit spikes too. Auto is like 3 or 4 and sometimes changes if you play with the CPU overclocking. Just really depends on the MB. Idk about this one though, haven't looked into it.

Hi,

Spent the last 24 hours trying to get motherboard raid going on an MSI Godlike X670E board and nothing I can do will make it work. This is using the Xpander-Z M.2 expansion card with two 980 Pro 1TB drives installed in the PCI-E slot below the GPU. Both drives are recognized in bios and I can go as far as in the Raidxpert bios utility to first initilize the drives and then add them to a raid 0 array which shows up in the bios raid utility. However going into windows each disk shows up individually. Not sure why.

The only quirk was that I had to first delete pre-existing single drive arrays in order to create a new areay.

Using AMD raid drivers 9.3.2.158.

Windows 11.

Thank you