• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI's Z370 Motherboard Lineup Leaked via NCIX

Raevenlord

News Editor
System Name The Ryzening
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI X570 MAG TOMAHAWK
Cooling Lian Li Galahad 360mm AIO
Memory 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3733 (4x 8 GB)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti
Storage Boot: Transcend MTE220S 2TB, Kintson A2000 1TB, Seagate Firewolf Pro 14 TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG270UP (1440p 144 Hz IPS)
Case Lian Li O11DX Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) iFi Audio Zen DAC
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ 750 W
Mouse Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Keyboard Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Software Windows 10 x64
After we've had a slight, unofficial teaser for MSI's awe-inspiring, jaw-dropping, wallet fear-mongering highest end MSI Z370 GODLIKE Gaming, now is the time for some information on the rest of MSI's Z370 motherboard lineup. There's even some tentative pricing information here, so you can start planning your budgetary constraints on a jump to Intel's newste platform, which brings some caffeine to their Lake code names, and an added two extra cores and four extra threads to their top-end, mainstream desktop Core i7-8700 parts.

The MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon will come in two variants (AC and non-AC), whose basic difference is the inclusion of (you guesed it) a Wi-Fi expansion card. It features three Pcie x16 ports (two of them reinforced), two M.2 connectors and 1x Gigabit Ethernet. The MSI Z370 Gaming 5, on the other hand, will add to this a slight change in aesthetics and connectors placement, as well as the addition of a post error code LED. Next up is the MSI Z370M GAMING PRO AC, which stands as an interesting offer considering it's the only mATX motherboard in this lineup leak. It also features a Wi-Fi AC module, though there are some cuts on PCIe and M.2 connectors, due to the size constraints.

The MSI Z370 SLI Plus and MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK look exactly the same form a functionality standpoint, with differing color schemes and heatsink design. The MSI Z370-A PRO, on the other hand, brings back a (subjective) horrid brown coloring of the PCB, which might go well with Noctua fans, but not much else (it's also the least expensive option in MSI's Z370 lineup, though, so I guess they know how much appeal it will have).

It's seemingly at feature parity with the slightly more appealing (color scheme-wise) MSI Z370 GAMING PLUS, with 2x PCIe x16 ports each (one of these reinforced), 4x PCIe 1x ports, and 6x SATA connectors. There's no picture of the MSI Z370 KRAIT Gaming, though you should expect a black and white color scheme with gaudy dragon claw prints or some such, as has been the case with that particular motherboard moniker (which I've had, in the Z 170 series.)

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor Core i5-6500
Motherboard MSI Z170A Krait Gaming
Memory 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury Black
Video Card(s) Radeon HD7970
Display(s) 2x BenQ E2200HD
Case Xigmatek Utgard
Power Supply OCZ Fatal1ty 550W
Mouse Mad Catz M.M.O.TE
Keyboard Coolermaster Quickfire TK MX Blue
Software Windows 10 64bit
Where's the Krait Gaming? The one board I really want to see and it's not in the pictures :D

wasnt ncix on its way to bankruptcy? they suddenly closed ontario locations saying BC was fine, then some BC stuff started happening

even weirder is the owner happens to also own the hardwarecanucks review/forum site