• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

my audiophile system.

trickson

OH, I have such a headache
System Name Ryzen TUF.
Processor AMD Ryzen7 3700X
Motherboard Asus TUF X570 Gaming Plus
Cooling Noctua
Memory Gskill RipJaws 3466MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TUF 1650 Super Clocked.
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Audio Device(s) Denon AVR-S750H
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
Software Windows 10 64 bit Home OEM
Audiophile isn't an acronym. ;)

If there is abuse of the word, I can pin it to one person.............lol.

HOOLEEEEEEEEE JAHHHHHHHHVIS! (I'll give someone an atta boy if they know where that reference is from.

These make my PC speakers (sub) 'chuff', lol.
It's from rich snobs that think because they can drop $70K on wires and $100K on system and speakers they have the "Best" sound money can buy.
It's a BULL SHITZZ Term used by snobs.
There is NO such thing as a "True audiophile" Everyone is an Audiophile!
To me it is an Acronym referring to rich snobs that have this filter or this sub or this setup but it's always better than yours!
Just type in Audiophile in Youtube this guy pops up.

I'm Not sure about you but there are several guys like this that I have to call out as audiophiles. COME on man!
If you have to ask why then you are NOT an AUDIOPHILE LOL!

System Name Box
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI Meg Ace Max 570S
Cooling Corsair h150i Elite Capellix 360 white
Memory 16 GB Teamforce DDR 4 4500 (2x8) CL18
Video Card(s) Aorus 1080ti
Storage NVMe: Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, WD_BLACK SN770 2TB, Crucial P5 Plus 2TB, spinners: 3TB, 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 1080p
Case Lian Li 011 Dynamic white - fans: 2x140mm, 7x120mm
Audio Device(s) stock
Power Supply EVGA G2 850
Mouse Razor DeathAdder 3.5G
Keyboard Corsair K68 RGB
VR HMD Valve Index
Software Win10 pro
Benchmark Scores later
I wouldn't put the sub so close to the pc, especially if you have an hdd in it. Big magnets in subwoofers and the noise they produce might fuck with your system, otherwise looks good.

i dunno. my htpc with one spinner for media has lived on top of my cerwin vega RE30 mains with 160 watts rms from an onkyo receiver ( the CV has 12" woofers, and its set to no low cutoff for the mains as i also use the cerwin vegas 12s for low freq, they roll off around 35 hz i believe.. and i use an ampeg bass amp (400 watts into 2x10 drivers) several feet away. the ampeg picks that up (35 hz and under as well as up to 80ish hz) to a point (and i dont always use the sub so i need the mains to carry as much a possible for those times.

with the ampeg bass amp and cabinet the floor shakes to the point stuff vibrates off tables and such. but no errors in the HD which is maybe 5 years old and going strong. WD greens fwiw.

the kodi PVR also records to that drive.

although i am in the process of moving some media to my nas but thats for convenience (space) more than anything else. the pvr will continue recording to the spinner on the htpc.

for subs.. pour a concrete pad that goes to the foundation. im half joking but ive seen it done.

probably just lucky i havent messed the spinner up. but it is in a anti vibration mount, but thats to prevent vibrations from getting out of the drive, not into it afaik..

if you cant feel it in your bones, its not music.

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F
Cooling Dark Rock 4, 3x Corsair ML140 front intake, 1x rear exhaust
Memory 2x8GB TridentZ RGB [3600Mhz CL16]
Video Card(s) EVGA 3060ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Storage 970 EVO 500GB nvme, 860 EVO 250GB SATA, Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 4TB HDDs
Display(s) 27" MSI G27C4 FHD 165hz
Case NZXT H710
Audio Device(s) Modi Multibit, Vali 2, Shortest Way 51+ - LSR 305's, Focal Clear, HD6xx, HE5xx, LCD-2 Classic
Power Supply Corsair RM650x v2
Mouse iunno whatever cheap crap logitech *clutches Xbox 360 controller security blanket*
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores ask your mother
Audiophile isn't an acronym. ;)

If there is abuse of the word, I can pin it to one person.............lol.

HOOLEEEEEEEEE JAHHHHHHHHVIS! (I'll give someone an atta boy if they know where that reference is from.

These make my PC speakers (sub) 'chuff', lol.
Time for an upgrade then! My ~$100 dayton tenner just shook a few of my posters off of the wall playing that first one :laugh: I've never seen it do that before. I didn't even hear them crawling down.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
There is NO such thing as a "True audiophile" Everyone is an Audiophile!
Heh!

If you have to ask why then you are NOT an AUDIOPHILE LOL!
WAT?

In all actuality though, a "phile" just means denoting a fondness for a specific thing. Anyone can be an audiophile or whatever kind of "phile".

I think you're totally correct on the snobbery thing. Plenty of "audiophiles" who try to define being an audiophile through opinion of their own level of taste. That's almost the definition of a snob.

System Name Gaming PC from bestby
Processor I7
Motherboard Ibuypower
Cooling Stock
Video Card(s) Nvidia 3080
Storage 1TB shared with windows 11 and FerenOS
Display(s) MPG ARTYMIS 323CQR
Case nice big case with rainbow fans allover it
Audio Device(s) realtech
Software OS is Windows 7 home premium, sometimes I use linux mint mate or sabayon both live
Benchmark Scores CL-RCD-RP-RAS Write Speed 2x DDR3-1333 SDRAM 9-9-9-23 CR1 10484 MB/s
Exactly what a snob would say. LMAO! :roll:
I mean it's not an audiophile setup unless you have $70,000 Dollar wires and $10,000 Dollar speakers (Each). so yeah...(slaps snob hat off)...o_O
I did some more rearranging as best I can. I got each speaker 5 and 1/2 inches apart, so far it sounds like really AMAZING! Even better now. more separation

View attachment 141855.

Oh and yes tested out the system at 3/4 power. Never been able to get my system to -10 with the other speakers they would clip and stutter and the sound would just get all distorted. NOT NOW!!! playing Afroman colt 45! Bumped so hard I thought my ears were going to start to bleed!
And the computer did not even vibrate not a tingle because all the sound waves face forward.
this photo is clearer

trickson

System Name Ryzen TUF.
Cooling Noctua
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
In all actuality though, a "phile" just means denoting a fondness for a specific thing. Anyone can be an audiophile or whatever kind of "phile".

I think you're totally correct on the snobbery thing. Plenty of "audiophiles" who try to define being an audiophile through opinion of their own level of taste. That's almost the definition of a snob.
Thank you.
I agree so many self proclaimed audiophiles on youtube are nothing more than rich snobs that can afford dropping 70K each year then brag about it and tell you how much better there setup is because they have 70k in wires with standoffs. :ohwell:
Reality is so much more simpler than this. and you have summed it up perfectly.
I have a fondness for cassette taped music. I have a HUGE tape collection and pick up more and more each year.
I even record my own tapes (my personal preference).
I am looking for a real to real setup to add to my Denon system.
I always thought that an audiophile was someone that not only collected music on some form of media (records, tapes, CD's) But also one that has an outstanding setup, Meaning one of moderate to excellent quality. Not a Fisher or some sharp all in one stereo or boom box. ( I think you know what I mean).
As for bragging rights? Well yes I do have that as well.
With the Denon AVR-3802 pushing Klipsch RF5000F and RF 6000F speakers And my sweet Vintage Studio DBX speakers the sound from my system is beyond my dreams!
Just absolute fantastic sound ! 100% TRUE sound, fantastic quality and clarity at the best price I could have ever imagined.

As an Audiophile I feel I have achieved the best balance of quality and clarity.

Oh and yeah the Klipsch RF speakers look even better than they sound!
If you ever get a pair you will NOT want the covers on.

My audiophile setup, for my pc rig, consists of a Denon AVR-2808CI I got at goodwills online store for like $30. Some vintage JVC speakers I got from my neighbor when he was packing up to move and put them in the trash. A Onkyo center I got from goodwill. And my rears are some really old Jensen speakers I got for free when I bought a radio at Circuit City back in the very early 2000's. I just upgraded my "monitor" to a TCL 43" 4K I got at best buy last night for $225 and to me it sounds and looks fantastic, so its Audiophile grade :p :D

When I get my taxes though, I plan on getting a whole matching 5.1 DCM speaker set with towers and same speakers and tweeters in each speaker, so the tone will match all around me when Im driving a car, or flying a plane, or what have you, I just need it to all sound the same no matter where the sound is coming from, and found a matching set of discontinued DCM stuff for $349 brand new on fleebay. Looking forward to getting and testing it out :D Cannot afford much more then this, but the price is right, and had DCM stuff in the 90;s that absolutely kicked all forms of butt, in sound and loudness, to me, and was owned and believe they still are, by MTX which has been around forever, and backed by a 10 year warranty :O

trickson

System Name Ryzen TUF.
Cooling Noctua
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
My audiophile setup, for my pc rig, consists of a Denon AVR-2808CI I got at goodwills online store for like $30.
Yeah that is an amazing buy and system. Add some Klipsch or Polk Audio speakers to it and you will be really Amazed!
The Denon AVR systems are just the absolute best (IMHO) in Audio equipment anyone can have. There AVR line is hands down the best there is. This is of-course my opinion. I have had and have other sytems yet none have ever held a candle to any of my Denon systems. And DON'T even THINK any Marantz or some Yamaha can they just suck plain and simple. Yes I even have a Yamaha receiver it blows when you compare it to my Denon.

Well I have a Polk and BIC sub, with my BIC sub being 5 years older then my Polk, and I have already had to replace the sub speaker in my Polk once already for it blew, and its not pushed no where near as much as my BIC is and still is, so Im not a big fan in regards to that brand. The rest of my home theater system consists of a Onkyo TX-RZ810 I got from Onkyo when my TX-NR809 units DTS chip broke and they did a recall on that unit because of that, and did the trade in and got that unit for $250 through them. The rest of my speakers are BIC, I like BIC and their 7 year warranty they have, and I beat the living piss out of them with the 2 subs I have, as I wait for my Polk to kill another speaker, and will continue to buy BIC for my Home Theater set up. My PC speaker set up is a hodge Podge mix of cheap, or cheaply bought stuff. But me to you, I would look into bic IMHO, for they have the best warranty out there for speakers, aside of DCM and MTX's 10 year warranty, and not get something basied on name itself, fo ryou really are buying the name with cheap parts thrown in at most times. Look on Amazon at the BIC line, or even Dayton, and see that they are praised up and down for quality and sound, and I only bought the Polk for my system because its jsut doing the 120HZ or above, where my BIC Acoustech PL 200 does the really deep low stuff, https://www.amazon.com/Bic-Acoustec...81239&sprefix=BIC+Ac,instant-video,165&sr=8-4, that can be had now for the same price as a Polk 12" entry sub that I have blown up already once.

Again in my honest opinion, I wouldnt look into something because of the name, but because I am disabled and have a ton of time to my name, I been lucky enough to do research on forums after forums, and youtube after youtube, and ready reviews with afine toothed comb weeding out paid for reviews, and then because my purchases need to be a one time only, and mainly at tax time when I have money for being on SSI you dont have jack shit to your name the rest of the year to do anything with, I have really found that BIC and Dayton and some bad ass sleeper sets you can buy, again IMO. If you have money for Klipsch, though Ive owned many a sets of them back in the day, with my last bad taste in my mouth every owning them ever again, was their 2.1 and 5.1 systems back in the early 2000's when their subs just go poof, and then buying the Logitech Z5500 set to replace them and saw really how crappy they really were also in the sound department against a computer parts manufacture, vs a legit speaker manufacture, and they kicked all forms of ass beating them up daily with no distortion what so ever, with everything set to max, bass and all, and they just took it all and sounded like a mofo, when my Klipsch set up I had to turn the bass down when I wanted to jam because the sub would fart, then my 2.1 sub died, and since I had money at the time, decided I loooooove Klipsch and bought into the hype, and bought the 5.1 even though there was reviews after reviews of people like me saying the subs were blowing up, but f that, this is Klipsh, they wont let me down, they are stupid, and less then a year later my 5.1 sub blew up. So when someone mentions Klipsch, I really go, no, nope, no way for me. And even to this day they are still having problems with their subs blowing up, just google klipsch Sub Blown, and see all the goodness that comes up :O

So for me Ive owned Polk, blew a speaker, Ive own Klipsch and blew subs, Ive owned BIC, havent blown anything and my speakers are over 10 years old now and still going strong. Ive owned Pioneer, and JVC, and Onkyo, and Ive only had one bad thing go with my Onkyo and that was the DTS chip which they stood up and took it like a man and sold me a $800+ Receiver for $250 because of it. Im a fan of Denon BUT ONLY, ONLY, the older stuff made in Japan. Their newer line stuff is made in China, for I got one for $80 at bargin hunt, and when I got it home was like, WTF, its no longer made in Japan, but china, noooooooooo, say it isnt soo Denon, say it isnt soooooooooo!

This video is why I LOVE me some Onkyo, and I did love older Japan made Denon, but will stick with Onkyo stuff if I can afford it because it is the best bang for buck money if your looking for great quality and sound with a company that does have your back if the need arises.
well over stated power out this bad boy I got, and for the last 2 years it get used daily for over 12 hours a day between me, my son and daughter using it :D

Sorry for the long story, but had to give my opion, and why I really dont see me ever buying another Klipsh, polk, or Denon units anymore, any time soon, unless they are given to me, or was at a extremely heavily discounted price, for I dont normally buy into brand names unless they are proven not to have a name, but the guys, or parts used are well below sub par, making fools who hear the name go, oh it cost over $12000, and its name is XXXX, I got to have it without looking them up to see whats the what on them. Some Onkyo speakers are just that as well. They say onkyo, but have the cheapest drivers in them, especially the stuff in a box crap. The head units are so so, but the speakers, though tuned for that system, and sound good for what they are, are no good for any other application, IMO. Im looking forward to getting my cheap pc system, just so I can have matching sets. Yeah, cheap DCM stuff backed by a 10 year warranty, and Im not expecting much, but I really need matching speakers all the way around me to enjoy my sound more then having a car in front of me with my JVC's with 12's in them roar and growl, and then when I pass the car, the tone of the growl changes due to drivers being different in the rears, though Im getting the low growl from my sub still with the crossover from them going to my sub to make up that lacking, its just the tone man, the tone, sound like in front, and sounds like in back, really taking away the sound stage in games and movies for me. Its ok when I play music, for all the different tones, make up for one hell of a great sounding music as it hits almost every frequency because they are all different drivers (front, rears, center), just anything else, and all them different drivers, kill the sound stage :( And I just cannot stress this enough, for Im not claiming Im a audiophile by any means, just a guy that likes good sound for his buck, but if you want the best sound and longevity out of your system, it is a must that if it is a home theater that you use the same makers of speakers with the same exact drivers in size and tweeters if you are after that perfect home theater, no 8" up front and 6" in the rears for it will for sure throw the sound off especially when watching movies or games if your after that immersion with sound and video to come together. ALSO, so you dont kill your amp make sure to use the same rated cables all around, and not easy to do but the same length to all of them as well so as not to stress out the amp, for it will have the same equal resistance going to all of them, for power likes to mostly go to the path with the least resistance, and amps dont care for stress that much ;)

But op, if you like Klipsch, thats your bag, but if you get an itch, and since they are not "too" expensive I highly recommend you trying out the BIC like, or Dayton line, BIC over Dayton IMO, but Dayton is very close, only falling behind because of lesser warranty. But Bic IMO will not let you down and can save a TON of money and not lose that sound ur after in the process.

If you have $1300 shipped in your pocket at some time, and want the "ultimate" sound sound package with all matching all around you for that sound and feel, then this is what I suggest, again as always IMO, https://www.amazon.com/Marantz-BIC-...4878&sprefix=BIC+Ac,instant-video,165&sr=8-11.

I had the PL69 set up with the 6 1/2" speakers, and still have my rear set up, had to sell off all the rest as time went on due to needing money at some points to make ends meet, but still have my rears, and at some tax time will upgrade my home theater to the 8" versions like I listed, but so that they are all matching, and best bang for the buck with pitch perfect bass, and tones all around you, I recommend that set up to everyone if they have the means. If not, go cheaper with their standard bic line, and match all the speakers for the most part all they sell have the same drivers pretty much in them all, just different cases and towers, and do a match that way on the cheap, but their Acoustech is their top of the line they make, and sound freaking amazing, again, IMO, but for what you paid for just your two front towers pretty much, could of got all of these and a brand new Marantz amp to go along with it ;) and still be one hell of a happy man because you got kick ass tunes, on the cheap without buying into the brand name game, saved a ton, looks fantastic, and a new amp also to boot :D

trickson

System Name Ryzen TUF.
Cooling Noctua
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
I hear you.
When I buy goods and they turn out to be less than what I expected or break before "I feel it is time" I tend not to buy from that manufacture again.
Also every manufacture has a product that sucks or most do. It's just the way things are.
But I have never had any issues with my Klipsch speakers nor my Klipsch sub. In fact I added a second one the first one sounded so good.
I have been doing my share of research. I did mine the old fashioned way, I went to the stores and shop's to listen to them first hand hours of it.
I've heard a lot of speakers and for many reasons ( I've listed before) I went with Klipsch, I've listened to countless systems and found for the price at the time the Denon AVR-3802 was the very best for the price point I was looking for. It's not HDMI or Atmos ( None of that was out at the time.) But it is just right for ME! Perfect power/ sound/ clarity and balance for me.
I'm not a fan of Marantz In fact I really think they suck. Marantz is like you said Buying something for name sake.
One thing is for sure the audio industry has a ton of different things / gadgets / speakers / receivers / amps and wires that it can get awfully confusing and frustrating at times. :banghead:
I just try to keep it as simple as possible.
I have no plans ever to get rid of or change out the speakers or system at all. Maybe a center Klipsch speaker but that is about it.
My Audiophile system is just about complete as I need to get a Denon CD player next. ;)

My only mention to marantz was because if you search up that bic line, its $1300 with the marantz, and $1500 without one :p WTF??? Can always take the Marantz and sell it off bringing all them goodness speakers to less then a grand total :D

Im really bad on my stuff, for I run it like it was stolen, and anytime now when the kids or wife isnt home, Im pissing off the neighborhood. So if a amp doesnt pass my tests, I never buy again. I really haven't had problems with Pioneer or JVC amps in the past, but I like the beef of a good Onkyo or Denon (older), and as you can see with the test of my newer Onkyo, they are very relaxed with the ratings of their stuff still to this day with their middle of the ground goods. I like the way they sound vs the other, and Yamaha isnt all to bad either, but still like them two over them all out there, and dont get me started on Sony, for they were the best back in the day for everything, it didnt matter what it was, for you knew if it had sony on it, there was no need to look further into anything really for the price to bang of buck was always there, but damn did they fall off the cliff as of lately, for now its more like the others, buying into the name, with cheap ass crap thrown into it.

Glad you like your Klipsch, and glad to hear, though amazed, your sub amp is still working, but you must not pound ur system for hours and days on end Im assuming for it to still be alive :D
Wish I had the money to try out some "newer" Klipsch speakers, non subs, but as I pointed out for the price of your two towers could of had the top of the line bic stuff, and a Marantz, you could sell off, and had money in your pocket to go out to eat several times over, and sound as good, and dare I say maybe better ;)

trickson

System Name Ryzen TUF.
Cooling Noctua
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
My only mention to marantz was because if you search up that bic line, its $1300 with the marantz, and $1500 without one :p WTF??? Can always take the Marantz and sell it off bringing all them goodness speakers to less then a grand total :D

Im really bad on my stuff, for I run it like it was stolen, and anytime now when the kids or wife isnt home, Im pissing off the neighborhood. So if a amp doesnt pass my tests, I never buy again. I really haven't had problems with Pioneer or JVC amps in the past, but I like the beef of a good Onkyo or Denon (older), and as you can see with the test of my newer Onkyo, they are very relaxed with the ratings of their stuff still to this day with their middle of the ground goods. I like the way they sound vs the other, and Yamaha isnt all to bad either, but still like them two over them all out there, and dont get me started on Sony, for they were the best back in the day for everything, it didnt matter what it was, for you knew if it had sony on it, there was no need to look further into anything really for the price to bang of buck was always there, but damn did they fall off the cliff as of lately, for now its more like the others, buying into the name, with cheap ass crap thrown into it.

Glad you like your Klipsch, and glad to hear, though amazed, your sub amp is still working, but you must not pound ur system for hours and days on end Im assuming for it to still be alive :D
Wish I had the money to try out some "newer" Klipsch speakers, non subs, but as I pointed out for the price of your two towers could of had the top of the line bic stuff, and a Marantz, you could sell off, and had money in your pocket to go out to eat several times over, and sound as good, and dare I say maybe better ;)
I rock out like no other. LOL. my system is on for about 15 hours a day every day and I jam out about 75% of the time. I mean hold out at -10 for an hour long jam out. Yeah I am NOT kidding, I love music LOVE it loud and yeah all the time.
I just have this thing against Marantz like you and Klipsch subs yeah maybe even more so. They are just horrible absolute horrible pieces of junk IMTHO.
Every time I hear that name Marantz all I see is a snob that has too much cash to piss away and absolutely NO sound taste at all.
Again just my opinion.
Marantz is like a Daewoo to me.
And for Sony, I totally agree with you. Spot on!

Last edited:

freeagent

Staff member
Processor AMD R9 5900X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Thermalright Aqua Elite 360 V3 1x TL-B12, 2x TL-C12 Pro, 2x TL K12
Memory 2x8 G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3200C14, 2x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Black and White 3200 C14
Video Card(s) Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC
Storage WD SN850 1TB, SN850X 2TB, Asus Hyper M.2, 2x SN770 1TB
Display(s) LG 50UP7100
Case Fractal Torrent Compact RGB
Audio Device(s) JBL 2.1 Deep Bass
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 750w G+, Monster HDP1800
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Logitech G213
VR HMD Oculus 3
Software Yes
Benchmark Scores Yes

trickson

System Name Ryzen TUF.
Cooling Noctua
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
I'm pretty sure at the time your amp was new, Marantz and Denon were owned by the same company.

Edit:

Umm... Yep!

:laugh:
It's a common misconception, I can see where you are making your mistake.
See just because one big business owns several different companies or rather several small companies are owned by a "Parent" Company that there products will all be the very same.
That is a HUGE mistake in thinking.
It's just not true.
Marantz is still JUNK and will always remain JUNK IMHO.
Denon is #1 and really has been #1 in the audio industry for quite some time ( Like 20+ Years).
LMFAO!!! I just did this google search #1 AVR systems for the last 20 years

So there is that! :rockout::clap::p:D:roll::peace:o_O

freeagent

Staff member
Processor AMD R9 5900X
Memory 2x8 G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3200C14, 2x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Black and White 3200 C14
Display(s) LG 50UP7100
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Logitech G213
VR HMD Oculus 3
Software Yes
Benchmark Scores Yes
I don't know.. I've had both.. they each have their pros and cons.

trickson

System Name Ryzen TUF.
Cooling Noctua
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
I don't know.. I've had both.. they each have their pros and cons.
;)

IMG-2314.JPG

The Pro's surely out way any con's I can find!
Not only are they sleek and sexy looking but wow the BIG sound the Crisp , Clean, Clear sound from Titanium LTS Vented Tweeter with Hybrid Tractrix® Horn
I mean just look at the spec's!
Klipsch RP-6000F

freeagent

Staff member
Processor AMD R9 5900X
Display(s) LG 50UP7100
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Logitech G213
VR HMD Oculus 3
Software Yes
Benchmark Scores Yes
You should use your AVR as a preamp and get yourself a nice power amp to feed those, if you really want to do them justice..

trickson

System Name Ryzen TUF.
Cooling Noctua
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
You should use your AVR as a preamp and get yourself a nice power amp to feed those, if you really want to do them justice..
I looked into this but I'm not sold just yet. This system has a lot of power and does a great job driving them.
If I could just find a good one to test it out first then maybe...

freeagent

Staff member
Processor AMD R9 5900X
Display(s) LG 50UP7100
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Logitech G213
VR HMD Oculus 3
Software Yes
Benchmark Scores Yes
125w continuous doesn't sound like much, but those are tough conditions.. Your amp is now close to 20 years old, and you beat on it pretty good by the sounds of it.. If the AVR isn't getting hot and doesn't make any weird noises then Id say she's good to go.

trickson

System Name Ryzen TUF.
Cooling Noctua
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
125w continuous doesn't sound like much, but those are tough conditions.. Your amp is now close to 20 years old, and you beat on it pretty good by the sounds of it.. If the AVR isn't getting hot and doesn't make any weird noises then Id say she's good to go.
Yeah it's got this fan that comes on when she gets hot. It keeps the AMP nice and cool when I get blasting. I also take it to the audio shop once a year for maintenance and a full systems check.
I know it sounds like it's OLD but it still does every thing I need and want. And I really love this particular model, I haven't had one issue with it at all ever. And my audio tech said it's a rock solid system.

freeagent

Staff member
Processor AMD R9 5900X
Display(s) LG 50UP7100
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Logitech G213
VR HMD Oculus 3
Software Yes
Benchmark Scores Yes
Hey man, lots of things that are old sound way better than some of the newer stuff. The 20 year old bit came when I was thinking of caps and such. As long as you take care of her, she’ll take good care of you.

trickson

System Name Ryzen TUF.
Cooling Noctua
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
Hey man, lots of things that are old sound way better than some of the newer stuff. The 20 year old bit came when I was thinking of caps and such. As long as you take care of her, she’ll take good care of you.
Yep just like a good car. If you treat her well she will always start. LOL.
I have 20 year or older DBX studio bookshelf speakers that are still AMAZING , Dare I say as good as my Klipsch?! YES! I have them hooked to this system now and have NO intention of replacing them. Unless they blow out and even then I may have them completely fixed then. But till then they are rocking hard and sound AMAZING!
IMG-2320.JPG

IMG-2321.JPG

IMG-2322.JPG

freeagent

Staff member
Processor AMD R9 5900X
Display(s) LG 50UP7100
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Logitech G213
VR HMD Oculus 3
Software Yes
Benchmark Scores Yes
My Monitor Audio FB210 has gotta be at least 20 years old now, she still pounds. It’s only 500w but it’s pretty decent. It won’t knock the air out of your lungs, or make you feel like your gonna poo. But it sounds good.

trickson

System Name Ryzen TUF.
Cooling Noctua
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
My Monitor Audio FB210 has gotta be at least 20 years old now, she still pounds. It’s only 500w but it’s pretty decent. It won’t knock the air out of your lungs, or make you feel like your gonna poo. But it sounds good.
Make you go poo :roll:if I had that system......