Can't use Mozilla-based browsers anymore, much to my dismay. Every one I try turns into a laggy mess after a few weeks of use now, no idea what causes it, and nobody can help me. Chromium-based browsers don't have this issue for whatever reason, so I need to switch to one. Currently using Comodo Dragon, but I've read that it isn't the best choice due to its slow release cycle, which seems to be a new release every few months, and some have said it uses older Chromium code that isn't 100% secure (the browser itself claims it's based on Chromium v106, but the Woolyss site reports it's using v99's codebase).
Won't use Chrome or Edge, so need suggestions for decent Chromium-based browsers. Tried Ungoogled Chromium, but it crashed every time I tried to launch it whereas regular Chromium was fine.
- Extension support, either directly through the store or downloaded and manually installed
- Isn't loaded up with additional features that I won't use (like Opera and Vivaldi)
- Lets me use a bookmarks menu like Firefox does
- Has a more frequent release cycle, but doesn't need to be as fast Chromium itself, just less slow than Comodo Dragon
- Auto-update or a built-in manual updater would be nice, but not 100% essential