• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New Worlds MMO (Official Game Discussion)

Space Lynx

Astronaut
So I am really interested in this game, but I only want to buy it if others here would be willing to join me, it's definitely going to be the type of game that requires group effort to really be enjoyable. Anyone interested?

edit: I had a feeling no one would be interested in this game... I will be saving my $40 and not buying it then LOL

Last edited:
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard AsRock X670E Phantom Gaming Lightning
Cooling Be Quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB (2 x 16GB)
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX
Storage Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Crucial P3 NVMe M.2 2TB
Display(s) LG OLED55G2PUA
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG Certified
Audio Device(s) Digital out to high end dac and amps.
Power Supply EVGA GQ 1000W
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Logitech G413 Carbon
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Rift S, Quest 2, Quest 3
Software Windows 10 Pro
I was in the early beta and wasn't impressed at all. More recent videos make the game out to be much better, but I'll wait for reviews.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
I was in the early beta and wasn't impressed at all. More recent videos make the game out to be much better, but I'll wait for reviews.

Yeah, this was the exact same experience I had. There was one cool moment in the beta though, where a bear just came out of nowhere as I was exploring and I had to run for my life. That was the only good moment I had though. It was really tough figuring out what to do in the early beta. I think they have improved that a little though.

Storage Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Crucial P3 NVMe M.2 2TB
Mouse Logitech G600
Software Windows 10 Pro
I should hope so! The game in beta was like stepping back in time. There was so much room for improvement IMO but like I said, recent videos just look so good. I want to play it but after that beta, I just have to wait until after release to see what people say.

D

Deleted member 202104

I would love to be able to recapture that original feeling WoW gave me back in '04-'05 of exploration and grouping with others, but I've tried a few times since then and it always seems to fall flat for me. I'd also like to be able to do some online gaming with others, but my life/schedule doesn't really allow any dedicated specific time for gaming. Having to adult sucks. :fear:

I did just pre-order/back this because it seems interesting, and while it's a form of a MMO it looks like it's geared to random encounters with others that you may or may not ever run into again.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
I would love to be able to recapture that original feeling WoW gave me back in '04-'05 of exploration and grouping with others, but I've tried a few times since then and it always seems to fall flat for me. I'd also like to be able to do some online gaming with others, but my life/schedule doesn't really allow any dedicated specific time for gaming. Having to adult sucks. :fear:

I did just pre-order/back this because it seems interesting, and while it's a form of a MMO it looks like it's geared to random encounters with others that you may or may not ever run into again.

yeah, we will probably never get that 2004 feeling WoW gave us then... it was just a very unique time in history of internet being improved at the right time + pc hardware + design concept + most of us were already in love with the warcraft 3 lore and art which was 10/10 even to this day...

that being said, I intend to keep an open mind.

also, yeah I have this game wish-listed!

Mouse Logitech G600
Software Windows 10 Pro
Well let me pull my foot out of my mouth, I ended up getting it on day one. Been playing as much of it as I can and it's a much better game than it was back in closed beta. The launch was messy but today was much better. Took three characters to L10 on three servers before I found a server that didn't have a queue for hours long. It's holding my interest so far.

System Name Juliette // HTPC
Processor Intel i7 9700K // AMD Ryzen 5 5600G
Motherboard ASUS Prime Z390X-A // ASRock B550 ITX-AC
Cooling Noctua NH-U12 Black // Stock
Memory Corsair DDR4 3600 32gb //G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3600
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX4070 OC// GTX 1650
Storage Samsung 970 EVO NVMe 1Tb, Intel 665p Series M.2 2280 1TB // Samsung 1Tb SSD
Display(s) ASUS VP348QGL 34" Quad HD 3440 x 1440 // 55" LG 4K SK8000 Series
Case Seasonic SYNCRO Q7// Silverstone Granada GD05
Audio Device(s) Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 // HDMI to Samsung HW-R650 sound bar
Power Supply Seasonic SYNCRO 750 W // CORSAIR Vengeance 650M
Mouse Cooler Master MM710 53G
Keyboard Logitech 920-009300 G512 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro // Windows 10 Pro
I wish I had the kind of time required to play this

las

System Name Obsolete / Waiting for Zen 5 or Arrow Lake
Processor i9-9900K @ 5.2 GHz @ 1.35v / No AVX Offset
Motherboard AsRock Z390 Taichi
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32GB G.Skill @ 4000/CL15
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX 4090 Phantom / Undervolt + OC
Storage Samsung 990 Pro 2TB + WD SN850X 1TB + 64TB NAS/Server
Display(s) 27" 1440p IPS @ 280 Hz + 77" QD-OLED @ 144 Hz VRR
Case Fractal Design Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Asus Essence STX / Upgraded Op-Amps
Power Supply Corsair RM1000x / Native 12VHPWR
Mouse Logitech G Pro Wireless Superlight
Keyboard Corsair K60 Pro / MX Low Profile Speed
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
It's looks like a grind fest, I pre-ordered in 2019 but cancelled after 1st delay. Not sure I will ever play it, after I have seen gameplay video's.

People say there's absolutely no content. This is always expected with new MMO's but there is basicly NOTHING here. However, this is just what I have heard and seen on videos.

I don't really have the time anymore to sink into a MMO anyway. For me, Vanilla WoW + TBC and WoTLK days are magical and will probably always be the best MMORPG experience in my eyes.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64

This is what I've been looking for alongside I think pretty much anyone who was there live to witness WoW vanilla, TBC and the expansions after. But its not coming back, and no MMO can get there anyway, because we've grown older, we have the experience in our pockets already and you never get a second first time. And new gamers haven't got the patience. Since WoW I've been visiting almost every MMO and spin off that came past, Tera, DDO, Allods Online, Guild Wars 2, and a dozen others. Some have their own good stuff, but none can hit the WoW vibe consistently. Ironically even WoW Legion couldn't quite do it anymore even if it came very close, but the whole challenge of it was just gone or something. Sooner rather than later you felt like the hamster in the wheel doing the rounds, rather than adventuring.

Also, the MMO has evolved beyond it, too. Even the vanilla WoW remake won't capture it proper, because we've moved on, and grinding thousands of hours for your rep or new glowy effect is just not enough anymore. We're on instant gratification drugs by now, 15-20 minute gameplay cycles and those are the same ones you find in recent MMOs. And if that is too slow for your blood, you can get boosts in the Store.

Alas. And I'm staying miles away from Amazon gaming anyway. It just can't end well, Bezos is definitely going to want to make you his money slave like everything he touches. Even on the principle alone I'm perfectly fine staying away from this POS. I'll play any Korea grinder before this, tbh. The title screen 'bug' and how they handled that spoke volumes already, the early game state confirmed it. This New World is junk. Even the name is as generic as you can get.

It's looks like a grind fest, I pre-ordered in 2019 but cancelled after 1st delay. Not sure I will ever play it, after I have seen gameplay video's.

People say there's absolutely no content. This is always expected with new MMO's but there is basicly NOTHING here. However, this is just what I have heard and seen on videos.

I don't really have the time anymore to sink into a MMO anyway. For me, Vanilla WoW + TBC and WoTLK days are magical and will probably always be the best MMORPG experience in my eyes.

No content... another one of those things WoW never really got bested on. Well, maybe Guild Wars 2 right now can get close in sheer hours you can keep doing new stuff. But not even remotely as enjoyable imho, even if its impossible to say they're not trying their damn best to spice things up. Traversing the world/zones in GW2 is an actual puzzle and adventure on its own, for example, especially in the xpacs with the different mounts... and yet... its not the same :p

Last edited:
System Name I don't name my systems.
Processor i3-12100F 'power limit removed/-130mV undervolt'
Motherboard Asus Prime B660-PLUS D4
Cooling ID-Cooling SE 224 XT ARGB V3 'CPU', 4x Be Quiet! Light Wings + 2x Arctic P12 black case fans.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TuF V2 RTX 3060 Ti @1920 MHz Core/950mV Undervolt
Storage 4 TB WD Red, 1 TB Silicon Power A55 Sata, 1 TB Kingston A2000 NVMe, 256 GB Adata Spectrix s40g NVMe
Display(s) 29" 2560x1080 75 Hz / LG 29WK600-W
Case Be Quiet! Pure Base 500 FX Black
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Hama uRage SoundZ 900+USB DAC
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM 500W 80+ Gold
Mouse Canyon Puncher GM-20
Keyboard SPC Gear GK630K Tournament 'Kailh Brown'
Software Windows 10 Pro
This is what I've been looking for alongside I think pretty much anyone who was there live to witness WoW vanilla, TBC and the expansions after. But its not coming back, and no MMO can get there anyway, because we've grown older, we have the experience in our pockets already and you never get a second first time. And new gamers haven't got the patience. Since WoW I've been visiting almost every MMO and spin off that came past, Tera, DDO, Allods Online, Guild Wars 2, and a dozen others. Some have their own good stuff, but none can hit the WoW vibe consistently. Ironically even WoW Legion couldn't quite do it anymore even if it came very close, but the whole challenge of it was just gone or something. Sooner rather than later you felt like the hamster in the wheel doing the rounds, rather than adventuring.

Also, the MMO has evolved beyond it, too. Even the vanilla WoW remake won't capture it proper, because we've moved on, and grinding thousands of hours for your rep or new glowy effect is just not enough anymore. We're on instant gratification drugs by now, 15-20 minute gameplay cycles and those are the same ones you find in recent MMOs. And if that is too slow for your blood, you can get boosts in the Store.

Alas. And I'm staying miles away from Amazon gaming anyway. It just can't end well, Bezos is definitely going to want to make you his money slave like everything he touches. Even on the principle alone I'm perfectly fine staying away from this POS. I'll play any Korea grinder before this, tbh. The title screen 'bug' and how they handled that spoke volumes already, the early game state confirmed it. This New World is junk. Even the name is as generic as you can get.

No content... another one of those things WoW never really got bested on. Well, maybe Guild Wars 2 right now can get close in sheer hours you can keep doing new stuff. But not even remotely as enjoyable imho, even if its impossible to say they're not trying their damn best to spice things up. Traversing the world/zones in GW2 is an actual puzzle and adventure on its own, for example, especially in the xpacs with the different mounts... and yet... its not the same :p

I never really got into WoW even in my active MMO days so I kinda missed that. :oops: 'had no money to afford it either'

I was more into Mu Online on private servers for years and also Risk Your Life 1 and 2 also on private servers cause the official was garbage to say the least.
Then Vindictus got relased on NA and it sucked me in for a good ~7 years, that was around 1 year on NA and then the rest on EU when it opened there later.

For me that was the MMO, no other MMO managed to catch me like that ever since and I also tried out a bunch.
Too bad they also kinda ruined the game with various changes and updates, I would say its on its last legs by now but I don't play it anymore so idk.

Blade&Soul was fairly fun and addictive for a year or so after its NA/EU relase then I slowly left it since I refused to join a guild and playing solo at that point was pretty annoying cause most pub runs were a fail and I just had enough.
Same story with Kritika online, played it for about 1 year when it was first relased on NA/EU but it was a serious grind fest and also ended up being pay2win where only the server's top 10% players could clear the new content so I was like the hell with that. 'said ppl were selling carry runs for ingame money, yeah that sounds fun to me..'
O yea that first version actually died within ~2 years of relase due to the said problems + many other and the team just refused to listen, I'm glad that I didn't waste more of my time there and also played it 100% free2play.

It was re relased on Steam since but there is no way I'm wasting my time on in again and also don't trust them.

I'm more of a fan of the faster paced action MMOS and not the WoW clicky types tho.

New World looked interesting at first but the more I watched and read about it the more I felt meh about it and supposedly its also PvP heavy which I'm not interested in anymore so I skipped the idea of even trying it out.

Gave Black Desert a few try over the years but eh, while its a pretty game it just feels like a clusterfoq of a game to me and just can't get into it.

Lost Ark will be my last proper try at an MMO, its a mix of my preferences and so far after trying out the Russian version for ~ 1 month I liked it.
Already bought the Silver founder pack on Steam so I hope this NA/EU relase wont be total flop.:laugh: 'If I can at least have fun for ~1 year then it was worth it for me'

Last edited:
System Name Personal / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5900x / i5-4460
Motherboard Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming 4 /ASRock Z87 Extreme4
Cooling Corsair H100i / stock HSF
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 / 8GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) EVGA XC3 Ultra RTX 3080Ti / EVGA RTX 3060 XC
Storage 500GB Pro 970, 250 GB SSD, 1TB & 500GB Western Digital / 2x 4TB & 1x 8TB WD Red, 2TB SSD & 4TB SSD
Display(s) Dell - S3220DGF 32" LED Curved QHD FreeSync Monitor / 50" LCD TV
Case CoolerMaster HAF XB Evo / CM HAF XB Evo
Audio Device(s) Logitech G35 headset
Power Supply 850W SeaSonic X Series / 750W SeaSonic X Series
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Microsoft Natural Elite Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 / Windows 10 Pro 64
yeah, we will probably never get that 2004 feeling WoW gave us then... it was just a very unique time in history of internet being improved at the right time + pc hardware + design concept + most of us were already in love with the warcraft 3 lore and art which was 10/10 even to this day...

that being said, I intend to keep an open mind.

also, yeah I have this game wish-listed!

I jumped on the WoW bandwagon when the game released and thought it was okay, but it didn't feel like it provided anything special. I was a big fan of Asheron's Call 2 (the first one was okay) and I felt that Aion was more enticing and entertaining that WoW ever was.

I've been kind of interested in seeing how New World pans out, but I haven't watched any kind of game play footage and the trailer for it didn't really show much other than what appeared to be a modge podge of CGI/cut scenes.

I might be interested in picking up the game, but I'd have to actually see some kind of game footage and I'm in the process of moving so I wouldn't have time to really put into a game, especially a MMO for the next few months.

Processor faster at instructions than yours
Motherboard more nurturing than yours
Cooling frostier than yours
Memory superior scheduling & haphazardly entry than yours
Video Card(s) better rasterization than yours
Storage more ample than yours
Display(s) increased pixels than yours
Case fancier than yours
Audio Device(s) further audible than yours
Power Supply additional amps x volts than yours
Mouse without as much gnawing as yours
Keyboard less clicky than yours
VR HMD not as odd looking as yours
Software extra mushier than yours
Benchmark Scores up yours
I would love to be able to recapture that original feeling WoW gave me back in '04-'05 of exploration and grouping with others,

yeah, we will probably never get that 2004 feeling WoW gave us then...

It has to do with it being a brand new experience for many people and we only remember the good parts. We forget the hours of spamming LFG channels, players going AFK and wasting a dungeon run, ninja looting, hours spent just traveling in game, etc., It's similar to those feelings people have to their first boyfriend/girlfriend but the reality is they were most likely a self centered shallow brat like any teenager.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
It has to do with it being a brand new experience for many people and we only remember the good parts. We forget the hours of spamming LFG channels, players going AFK and wasting a dungeon run, ninja looting, hours spent just traveling in game, etc., It's similar to those feelings people have to their first boyfriend/girlfriend but the reality is they were most likely a self centered shallow brat like any teenager.

those bad things in 2004/2005 are also what made it great imo. it was the wild wild west and I ******* loved it. don't have time for it anymore, that's why I don't play Classic, but back in the day when I had loads of free time it was a hoot.

LEEEEEEROOOOOYYYYY JEENNNKKINS!!!! :rockout:

Mouse Logitech G600
Software Windows 10 Pro
Never got hooked to WoW. I did play with someone here once, it was one of those bring a friend to play and get extra goods or something. We played until I hit the max level of 80 at the time. It was fun but nothing special to me and I left after hitting that level. I really enjoyed LotR online and played that for a couple of years. Been playing ESO for over a year now and New Wold reminds me more of LotRO than any other. Not sure about end-game content as it's too early for me to say but so far it's fun. It is grindy but most MMOs are. I'll add that my company of 16 years recently moved out of state. I didn't go with them so Im sitting on a fat severance and unemployment. So time, I have loads of time. :cool:

System Name Shoebox
Processor 3600x
Motherboard Msi b550m Mortar +WiFi
Cooling Cryorig m9
Memory Crucial Ballistix c16 B-die 2x8gb
Video Card(s) Powercolor rx570 4gb
Storage WD black sn750 256gb (OS), crucial mx500 1tb(storage),Hitatchi ?? 7200rpm 500gb(Temp files)
Display(s) Samsung 65" TU7100
Case Zzaw b3
Audio Device(s) Yamaha rx-v363
Power Supply Corsair sf750
Mouse Logitech g300s
Keyboard Custom Skyloong sk64s
Software Windows 11Pro
Mouse Logitech G600
Software Windows 10 Pro
RTX 3090 here. No problems so far. I didn't have any issues in closed beta nor do I now. (Thankfully). My card has its fans set to 75% locked. The hottest it gets with this game is 80 degrees C. I feel bad for those that have lost cards.

Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
I'm more of a fan of the faster paced action MMOS and not the WoW clicky types tho.

Then you need to try Tera or, better yet, Guild Wars 2.

The latter is getting an expansion due February with a new class spec for everyone. The past expacs were great. Content rich. And even without... the content is absolutely ridiculous by now. It also has an elegant way of dealing with grinding and loot tiers. There isnt any, most of it is cosmetic bar for the good old rarities from common to rare, plus a minor bump on top with Ascended weapons. The latter are only required for specific Pve content, and PVP is level playing field regardless of gear.

Combat is highly dynamic, classes are very deep and have great skillcaps.

System Name Shoebox
Processor 3600x
Cooling Cryorig m9
Storage WD black sn750 256gb (OS), crucial mx500 1tb(storage),Hitatchi ?? 7200rpm 500gb(Temp files)
Case Zzaw b3
Mouse Logitech g300s
Software Windows 11Pro
Then you need to try Tera or, better yet, Guild Wars 2.

The latter is getting an expansion due February with a new class spec for everyone. The past expacs were great. Content rich. And even without... the content is absolutely ridiculous by now. It also has an elegant way of dealing with grinding and loot tiers. There isnt any, most of it is cosmetic bar for the good old rarities from common to rare, plus a minor bump on top with Ascended weapons. The latter are only required for specific Pve content, and PVP is level playing field regardless of gear.

Combat is highly dynamic, classes are very deep and have great skillcaps.
Are all the updates still free I bought and played it years ago but kinda stopped to go back to a private wow server, server is now dead so maybe a revisit is in order.

Trying to remember my account details might be a pain though

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
those bad things in 2004/2005 are also what made it great imo. it was the wild wild west and I ******* loved it. don't have time for it anymore, that's why I don't play Classic, but back in the day when I had loads of free time it was a hoot.

LEEEEEEROOOOOYYYYY JEENNNKKINS!!!! :rockout:

Yep. Back then the social media and phone wasnt there to nag constantly, all the attention went to your screen. Screwing around with fireworks or other festive items, emotes and glitches was one of those things whole guilds could spend hours on. Stormwind and other hubs were often graced with live stuff happening because people truly played the online game instead of spamming automated queues. Also, forget pre-managed Realm vs Realm - in old WoW you would get a bunch of people grouping up for a proper raid into enemy territory. Straight into the PVE areas and just storming the gates somewhere. Purpose? Just the buzz. There was no reward system attached.

LFG and all those QoL features werent there. Travel could take actual time. The chat was your biggest friend to get shit done. All of that kinda forced people out of the comfort zone and got them committed to grouping up. And in vanilla not in the least because you wont get far or fast anywhere otherwise.

System Name Shoebox
Processor 3600x
Cooling Cryorig m9
Case Zzaw b3
Mouse Logitech g300s
Software Windows 11Pro
Yep. Back then the social media and phone wasnt there to nag constantly, all the attention went to your screen. Screwing around with fireworks or other festive items, emotes and glitches was one of those things whole guilds could spend hours on. Stormwind and other hubs were often graced with live stuff happening because people truly played the online game instead of spamming automated queues. Also, forget pre-managed Realm vs Realm - in old WoW you would get a bunch of people grouping up for a proper raid into enemy territory. Straight into the PVE areas and just storming the gates somewhere. Purpose? Just the buzz. There was no reward system attached.

LFG and all those QoL features werent there. Travel could take actual time. The chat was your biggest friend to get shit done. All of that kinda forced people out of the comfort zone and got them committes to grouping up. And in vanilla not in the least because you wont get far or fast anywhere otherwise.
I was a big fan of kiting the world dragon to stormwind and watching it go ham on NPC's and poor players who thought it was a good idea to help attack it

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
Are all the updates still free I bought and played it years ago but kinda stopped to go back to a private wow server, server is now dead so maybe a revisit is in order.

Trying to remember my account details might be a pain though

GW2 is buy to play so once youre in, youre done. Only expacs then if you want them.

Its not just that though. There was simply a LOT more social in old WoW, and yes, first experience but also the fact the whole game type and online experience was a novel thing. The simple things were still new things, and in 2021 theyve all been done or seen before. EVEN if youre a teenager. History was written with WoW and it wont happen again. Even if you consider the new concepts it introduced or made mainstream - we are swamped in games now with 'theme park open world' and quest systems that are straight copies.

And yes, old WoW had you waiting and was filled with imperfection and options to screw people over. Again... I remember the rage. But man was it fun. People truly showed their colors much more than they do now, simply because you could and werent limited if you knew how to play the game. This even goes down to the way you could farm and simply tag whole fields of enemies to screw others out of loot.

Last edited:
System Name Shoebox
Processor 3600x
Cooling Cryorig m9
Case Zzaw b3
Mouse Logitech g300s
Software Windows 11Pro
Sorry that's what I meant rather than updates, so expansion packs are extra I have almost every class maxed out from the original so one play-though would probably be all it takes till I needed to pay more.

Now the question is who did I buy it from and what are my account details......

System Name Shoebox
Processor 3600x
Cooling Cryorig m9
Case Zzaw b3
Mouse Logitech g300s
Software Windows 11Pro
Folks, this is a thing. Just FYI...
Yep posted it earlier and I'm using it as an excuse to talk about other MMOs as new world has a good chance of switching the fireplace screensaver on my screen to inside my case.