• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

nvflashk - Flash any BIOS to NVIDIA GPUs - Safe board ID bypass up to 4xxx series

Processor i9-11900K
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus XIII Hero
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360
Memory 4x8GB DDR4
Video Card(s) Alienware RTX 3090 OEM
Storage OEM Kioxia 2tb NVMe (OS), 4TB WD Blue HDD (games)
Display(s) LG 27GN950-B
Case Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance (black)
Audio Device(s) Logitech Pro X Wireless
Power Supply Corsair RM1000x
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Elite 2
I was easily able to flash my 3090's OEM vBIOS (350w) to an Asus TUF 3090 (375w) and I have not encountered even one problem yet! Thank you for this :toast:
edit: apparently the extra 25w is just too much for my cooler :ohwell: I re-flashed the original bios.

Last edited:

Mirbg

Wasn’t able to flash modded vbios on my Clevo RTX 2080…sadly…
“Invalid firmware image detected”…

Bobohenriksen

I just tried this on my Rtx 3060 ti Msi Gaming X Trio replaced it with a Msi 3070 Supreme X file it now runs +140 core clock and +1100 Memory Clock

3Dmark port Royal old score 7400 new one 7852*

freeagent

Staff member
Processor AMD R9 5900X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Thermalright Aqua Elite 360 V3 1x TL-B12, 2x TL-C12 Pro, 2x TL K12
Memory 2x8 G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3200C14, 2x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Black and White 3200 C14
Video Card(s) Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC
Storage WD SN850 1TB, SN850X 2TB, Asus Hyper M.2, 2x SN770 1TB
Display(s) LG 50UP7100
Case Fractal Torrent Compact RGB
Audio Device(s) JBL 2.1 Deep Bass
Power Supply Seasonic Vertex GX-1000, Monster HDP1800
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Logitech G213
VR HMD Oculus 3
Software Yes
Benchmark Scores Yes
You guys are brave :laugh:

PanosX

I just tried this on my Rtx 3060 ti Msi Gaming X Trio replaced it with a Msi 3070 Supreme X file it now runs +140 core clock and +1100 Memory Clock

3Dmark port Royal old score 7400 new one 7852*
hahahahaha ok

System Name BigRed
Processor I7 12700k
Motherboard Asus Rog Strix z690-A WiFi D4
Cooling Noctua D15s/MX6
Memory TEAM GROUP 32GB DDR4 4000C16 B die
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3080 Gaming Trio X 10GB
Storage M.2 drives-Crucial P5 500GB 4x4/WD SN850X 4TB 4x4/WD SN850X 2TB 4x4
Display(s) Dell s3422dwg 34" 3440x1440p 144hz ultrawide
Case Corsair 7000D
Audio Device(s) Topping D10s DAC/PCamp TC 1680 AMP/MS M10 Speakers/Bowers and Wilkins P7 Headphones
Power Supply Corsair RM850x 80% gold
Mouse Logitech G604 wireless
Keyboard Logitech G413 carbon
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Who cares
I flashed my 3080 gaming X Trio with the suprim X

D

Deleted member 218758

this is very easy with official nvflash
PCI-ID missmatch on official nvflash.

This fellow owns one of Brazil's largest GPU repair businesses, he's got an actual lab and all. He's got connections with TecLab, biggest hardware channel in Latin America. The guy is legit.
Found & i take my words back
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/gener...rofessional-counterparts/msg207550/#msg207550 :)
Soo it seems this still works , but he actually got it figured out for consumer class.
Interesting.

I expected (targeted) to just override.
But HWside rebrand is more interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 218758

Hello @kefi
How is the progress on the GUI & database lookup ?
Let me ping @W1zzard too, when it comes to the considering for the powerreport request (for the ROMs @ database) ~ accepted or denied ?

Would you @kefi consider to turn the GUI into a Kefinator's vBios flash-preparation project ?
That is,
A gui like you do for the users
A path to supply the nvflash with maybe an auto downloader/compiler (linux) for public nvflash & modified // this includes working on a patch-file like you wanted early on
A noteblock to track / process the logs it gives out
And ability to do the same with amdvbflash 3.30/4.69.

I have a flash-everything exploit for RDNA. Waiting since 2020/21 to become more useful outside of private bios-modding research.
Just it needs specific set of actions. And they will cause legal trouble if you modify their vbflash ~ given EULA.
My personal exploit works with the official version for win and linux :)

I could just release it over here or give back to Igorslab & Team.
But it makes sense that it is a checkbox to tick for your GUI.
It needs a bit of user work, soo automating it is a better idea.

If you want, as long as you visibly credit my name,
I'll give it to you, if you feel like making an all-in-one gui and flasher utility for Techpowerup.
Doing so also will move you to
Section of the forum.

I feel the offer is undeniable, unless you have another perspective for the GUI or lack the time to maintain it.
You know my intention is not rivalry ~ and given your dev skills are far more mature, its better to have co-existing crosshelping projects.
A beautiful GUI will be of help for everyone.
As for the Editor Part, i think 2 more people already work on it.

At the end, my intention is not rivalry, but unless you want to focus deeper on nvflash & falcon; // Aka stay a rival-project
~ i don't think my offer is deniable.

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
Let me ping @W1zzard too, when it comes to the considering for the powerreport request (for the ROMs @ database) ~ accepted or denied ?
Accepted, just need time to implement. If you have documentation on those tables, would be cool if you could share in private

I have a flash-everything exploit for AMD. Waiting since 2020/21 to become useful.
But that won't help to circumvent the BIOS signature?

D

Deleted member 218758

But that won't help to circumvent the BIOS signature?
It won't.
But its the same situation in white (red) :D

It allows you to crossflash bioses of other Vendors
And allows you to flash your edits, IF they don't break RSA or checksums. Gop updates for example.
It doesn't require you to boot to linux and use an older version with -F toggle. Linux contributions always were sparce.

User can decide to preserve or flash away the memory strap.
But AMD™ , decided to act fast and deny the ability of bios mods + employ the people who figure most of it out.
Its a long story here too, but at the end (today) our modded cards are unbanned and everything is back to normal.
Unfortunately on AMD, it is a whitelist system. I can downgrade (and full rebrand) a higher SKU to a lower and i can flash mods between them
Yet it doesn't work upwards, due to purposely placed limiters inside SMU.
But if those changes break cert , then the card will not boot up. The utility will flash it tho.

Soo i would use it for flashing different shared techpowerup bioses.
For example it's common that people try to flash LC XTXH or KXTX Bioses onto XTXH cards, for unlocking memory. (memory unlock for XTX doesn't function, SMU issue)
I've also shared how to adapt AVFS curve, to match between both Navi21 SKUs. In case you decide to run a KXTX Bios on an XTXH or XTX Navi21.
Its not limited to Navi21 but ~ having to not use an SPI flasher and knowing SPI is never a full flash.
Plus not having to run linux for every little thing you want to do.

I think while setting the foundation for Nvidia, might as well do that equally for AMD. :p
Community then can figure out the rest, what to do with the tools.
With AMD i'm long time done ~ but RDNA3 and their flashtools got a rewrite.

Seeing a nice Lookup GUI like here
Might as well~
While we have started the trend.

If he doesn't want, i'll publish it on another day
~ either when AMD again misbehaves to consumer, or when i can partner it with a bigger project.
Because it alone, is kind of ... boring. :) Currently no existing problem, to publish a fix for.
Accepted, just need time to implement. If you have documentation on those tables, would be cool if you could share in private
Can do, not today but can do once i'm done
Working on a ROM-Layout whitepaper - so Editor/Viewer can be finally made.
Can't share more than already did on https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...da-lovelace-v5-780.312601/page-9#post-5089134 (picture)
Because they are not my own findings.

System Name Wood Lover
Processor 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550i
Cooling EK custom loop with Mo-Ra radiator
Memory G.skill Bdie 32GB
Video Card(s) RTX 3090FE
Storage Hynix P41 Platinum 2TB
Display(s) Samsung G8 Oled
Case Fractal North
Audio Device(s) JBL Quantum 810
Power Supply MSI A1000G
Mouse Logitech Pro X Superlight
Keyboard Rog Azoth
Software Win 11H2
Hi everyone, it is amazing that finally we are free to flash any bios on our gpu.
I have a 3090 founder editions, which i think it is a little bit different compared to other reference or custom card. I read some other user brick is own trying to flash a different bios.

My aim is only to gain an higher power limit (i'm under a custom loop, so no temp issue), maybe something around 500-600W in order to have some fun during benchmarks.
Therefore i'm looking for a bios edition and i founded the tool ABE (ampere bios editor), developed by Bmgjet, on github, however is only a viewer and the editing part is grey out.

Do you know how i could raise the power limit on my FE original bios or do you know safe bios to flash?

thank you and greetings from Italy

System Name The Financial Mistake 2.0
Processor Intel Xeon w5-3435X 5.3GHz
Motherboard ASUS Pro WS W790E-SAGE-SE
Cooling Alphacool ES Jet 2U 4677, 2x480 Monsta + 1x360 Monsta / Phanteks T30 x22
Memory 4x16GB Kingston Fury Renegade Pro 7000MT/s CL32
Video Card(s) NVIDIA RTX 4090 FE
Storage 4x Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Crucial P5 Plus 2TB
Display(s) ALIENWARE AW3423DWF
Case Caselabs TH10
Audio Device(s) Creative X3
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Elecom HUGE Trackball, ROG Chakram
Keyboard Mountain Everest Max
Benchmark Scores Time Spy Extreme: 19,874 Time Spy: 33,772
Hi everyone, it is amazing that finally we are free to flash any bios on our gpu.
I have a 3090 founder editions, which i think it is a little bit different compared to other reference or custom card. I read some other user brick is own trying to flash a different bios.

My aim is only to gain an higher power limit (i'm under a custom loop, so no temp issue), maybe something around 500-600W in order to have some fun during benchmarks.
Therefore i'm looking for a bios edition and i founded the tool ABE (ampere bios editor), developed by Bmgjet, on github, however is only a viewer and the editing part is grey out.

Do you know how i could raise the power limit on my FE original bios or do you know safe bios to flash?

thank you and greetings from Italy
It was I who bricked a 3090 trying to flash a 1000w bios on it which was meant for a card with too many different components, luckily the tips given by another user helped recover it... afaik there is no way to edit a bios and then flash it as the card wont allow unsigned files and I've not tried flashing like an ASUS bios or any other on the FE yet...

System Name Wood Lover
Processor 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550i
Cooling EK custom loop with Mo-Ra radiator
Memory G.skill Bdie 32GB
Video Card(s) RTX 3090FE
Storage Hynix P41 Platinum 2TB
Display(s) Samsung G8 Oled
Case Fractal North
Audio Device(s) JBL Quantum 810
Power Supply MSI A1000G
Mouse Logitech Pro X Superlight
Keyboard Rog Azoth
Software Win 11H2
Good to know that you saved your card!

i thought that this tool allow unsigned bios.

therefore there are no other bios allowed for a FE card?

Hi,
Has anyone had success cross flashing a 3080 FE 10gb with a higher power target bios? Im on a 5800x, so no igpu here, would rather check if someone had success with it.

Hello @kefi
How is the progress on the GUI & database lookup ?

Would you @kefi consider to turn the GUI into a Kefinator's vBios flash-preparation project ?
That is,
A gui like you do for the users
A path to supply the nvflash with maybe an auto downloader/compiler (linux) for public nvflash & modified // this includes working on a patch-file like you wanted early on
A noteblock to track / process the logs it gives out
And ability to do the same with amdvbflash 3.30/4.69.
That is more or less what I am doing - it's a little bit bigger than that. More like an overall all-in-one performance suite for NVIDIA (and maybe eventually AMD) GPUs.

I was hoping to get an early beta of just the flashing GUI and maybe simple BIOS editing out by September 1st but A. a hurricane is headed my way, and B. I have had too much fun OC'ing my PC that I built which inspired this project. Top 10 in Solar Bay and Speed Way right now :)

The GUI will have or already has:
1. An nvflash downloader/patcher. I will not distribute nvflash itself, but I will distribute patchfiles within nvflashk (or whatever I call it) which can patch versions you provide. This avoids copyrighting issues. If I use an exploit someone else made, they will be credited 100% in the flasher section.
2. A BIOS editor, whether or not you can flash it. I started from scratch instead of using the old C# editors so I can read the NVBIOS BIT specifications perfectly (hint: nouveau linux drivers). It also handles checksum bit padding for you automatically.
3. Safer flashing mechanisms.

a. A compatibility scoring system based on the reported success of others and BIOS version matching. Normal users can be sure they're safely flashing a perfectly normal NVIDIA BIOS, while advanced users can see if anyone else has tried something crazy before and whether they'll need an nvflash exploit to do it on their card. Even NVIDIA hasn't really made a user-friendly tool to flash their cards, and I intend on this being usable by everyone. The call-home when you successfully flash is entirely optional of course.

b. Auto backup and auto restore. If you can POST but have no graphics, it will auto-flash back to the original GPU upon logging in if you not confirm success. (Think of what Windows does when you change resolution).

4. A TechPowerUp database search/advanced local filtering
5. Overclocking settings - no need for Afterburner or Precision. I have an interface to NVAPI that makes it possible to change clock speed, voltage, etc like Afterburner does.
6. Completely open source. I am an OSS dev - I don't care if someone else takes my work and makes it better. That's what I'm doing myself. The full binary will be built on GitHub Actions publicly so no one has to trust a random EXE that was just uploaded. A lot of what I'm creating is being written as a library which is consumed by the GUI, so others could theoretically reuse my work for other ideas.

I will not distribute nvflash itself, but I will distribute patchfiles within nvflashk (or whatever I call it) which can patch versions you provide. This avoids copyrighting issues. If I use an exploit someone else made, they will be credited 100% in the flasher section.
If you need to sign your exe file, I will do it so that antiviruses do not swear. ;)
But before publishing in Virustotal, you must contact me or there will be many problems...

P.S.
I will help you for free so that antiviruses get used to it.

Last edited:
If you need to sign your exe file, I will do it so that antiviruses do not swear. ;)
But before publishing in Virustotal, you must contact me or there will be many problems...

P.S.
I will help you for free so that antiviruses get used to it.
Ah, so now that you see I'm an actual software engineer who could make something new and useful, you want your name attached to it. After talking shit about my bypass on the last page and saying I stole it.

No thanks. I bypassed nvflash in two hours, you think I don't know how binary signing and Windows Defender reputation system works?

Like honestly, in what world did you think I would be jumping for joy asking for your help after that? Why would I ever tie my software's success to you? Wtf is wrong with these people.

Last edited:
System Name Gentoo64 /w Cold Coffee
Processor 9900K 5.2GHz @1.312v
Motherboard MXI APEX
Cooling Raystorm Pro + 1260mm Super Nova
Memory 2x16GB TridentZ 4000-14-14-28-2T @1.6v
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 LiquidX Barrow 3015MHz @1.1v
Storage 660P 1TB, 860 QVO 2TB
Display(s) LG C1 + Predator XB1 QHD
Case Open Benchtable V2
Audio Device(s) SB X-Fi
Power Supply MSI A1000G
Mouse G502
Keyboard G815
Software Gentoo/Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Always only ever very fast
/programmerdrama at tpu

Ah, so now that you see I'm an actual software engineer who could make something new and useful, you want your name attached to it. After talking shit about my bypass on the last page and saying I stole it.
No thanks. I bypassed nvflash in two hours, you think I don't know how binary signing and Windows Defender reputation system works?
Like honestly, in what world did you think I would be jumping for joy asking for your help after that? Wtf is wrong with these people.
No guy. I suggested that you sign your file with a certificate without changes.

Last edited:
No guy. I suggested that you sign your file with a certificate without changes.
You could then compare the files.
Now I will decrypt all your work and throw it on virustotal.
`you must contact me or there will be many problems`

Go ahead. Decrypt my open source app, or reveal the handful of bytes I changed in nvflash (which I put in my screenshot anyways and literally ANYONE could do with HxD). Lmao. God, you're such a loser.

Low quality post by Wotwow

OneMoar

There is Always Moar
System Name RPC MK2.5
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Pro V2
Cooling Enermax ETX-T50RGB
Memory CL16 BL2K16G36C16U4RL 3600 1:1 micron e-die
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE RTX 3070 Ti GAMING OC
Storage ADATA SX8200PRO NVME 512GB, Intel 545s 500GBSSD, ADATA SU800 SSD, 3TB Spinner
Display(s) LG Ultra Gear 32 1440p 165hz Dell 1440p 75hz
Case Phanteks P300 /w 300A front panel conversion
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus+ Platinum 750W
Mouse Kone burst Pro
Keyboard EVGA Z15
Software Windows 11 +startisallback
enough both of you
@Wotwow stop inciting arugument and acting like a jealious douche
we have given you the benifit of the doubt but you are pushing the limit
@kefi cool it don't respond to it

Mirbg

Anywho, back to working on the software. See y'all in a few days if this hurricane doesn't yeet my roof off.
Have a pleasant work, take care and thanks one more time for your hard work for the community.