• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

pl1 limit problem in Throttlestop

NovanN

Hi there,

I had a sudden temperature increase and pl1 problem on my laptop. I fixed the temperature problem a little with undervolt, but I couldn't fix pl1. can you help me ?

Attachments

• cpu core.PNG
    cpu core.PNG
    61.5 KB · Views: 235
  • cpucache.PNG
    cpucache.PNG
    62.5 KB · Views: 165
  • mainpage.PNG
    mainpage.PNG
    36.1 KB · Views: 168
  • pl1.PNG
    pl1.PNG
    6.2 KB · Views: 228
  • tpl.PNG
    tpl.PNG
    23.8 KB · Views: 249

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
In the TPL window, clear the Lock box in the Power Limit Controls section. You will need to reboot to unlock the MSR power limits. Locking the MMIO power limits is recommended but there is hardly ever a need to lock the MSR power limits. You only need to lock the MSR power limits if some software on your computer is changing the MSR power limits.

When you boot back up, clear Disable Controls and try setting Long Power PL1 higher. Try a big number like 90 and see what happens. Do you still get PL1 power limit throttling when PL1 is set to 90? What does ThrottleStop report on the main screen for power consumption when you are getting PL1 throttling? Post a screenshot of ThrottleStop with the Limit Reasons window open while the CPU is loaded.

Run something consistent like Cinebench R23. Individual screenshots are good but I need to see an action shot when the CPU is loaded and throttling is in progress.

Limiting an 11800H to 45W or 65W is not enough power for maximum performance. Power limit throttling is inevitable unless you can raise the turbo power limits. Your cooling is working well so I think 90W might be OK without the CPU thermal throttling too much. Maybe slightly less than 90W if you do not feel comfortable with your laptop running at high temperatures.