1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Pls Help with OC'ing Radeon 9800XT...very confused?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Guttboy, Dec 26, 2006.

1. Guttboy

Guttboy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi all,

I have been attempting to OC my ATI Radeon 9800xt card and I am very very confused.

First off I have downloaded the latest Catalyst Control Center (CCC) version 6.12.

What should I set the settings in CCC for when I try to OC? Is there a set procedure for OC'ing with ATI tool?

I have also downloaded the ATItool version .26 and version .24.

Version .26 was the first one I downloaded because it stated it was stable. I was able to get the MAX core and MEM settings to 432mhz/385 respectively.
    At this point, I played America's Army for a while with no degragdation (3 hours).
    I then re-ran ATItool and was constantly getting artifacts even at the stock settings of 412Mhz/365Mhz.

The confusing part is that CCC is now showing a constant temp of 20degreesC.

========================
    Flip to this morning....I download ATI tool 0.24.
    I uninstall .26 then install .24 for ATI tool. The temps now show 20degreesC most of the time although sometimes they hit 69degrees.

What could be going on?
    ========================

If ANYONE with experience on this would care to help out I would be in your debt. This is pretty frustrating and I am pretty new to the OC'thing.

On another note....can you manipulate the AA/AF in CCC while the ATI tool has loaded your new OC settings?

Thanks a bunch!!!!!

Regards,

Mike:)
    ==================EDIT=======================
    When I stopped searching for artifacts and max mem/core in ATITool .24 the temps showed 61C/41C for the GPU/Temp chip. However, the CCC only shows 20C for the temp and the OC is what I have set from ATI tool.

Any thoughts as to how far I can OC the card as well? Stock cooling mind you on the card.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2006