• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Plugged Rear Speaker, All i can hear is non Vocal Bad quality Music :((

System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
First off: how much did that speaker setup cost you? And you're running it off your motherboard's integrated audio chip? Oh dear. As noted above, get a receiver capable of handling the type of audio you want. Feeding fancy speakers from a bad audio source means bad audio quality. And while there is competent integrated motherboard audio, there's no such thing as good integrated motherboard audio.

Second: While I guess passing judgment on people's preferred way of listening to thing is kind of OT, why exactly do you need two 2500W subwoofers for a home audio setup? Are you trying to demolish your house, one song at a time? One should really be plenty. That way you might have room to sit directly in front of your monitor too, which judging by your photo is not possible at the moment.

But on a more serious note, as noted above, you are attempting to build a speaker setup that your motherboard's integrated audio isn't capable of handling. It supports 5.1 audio, which means center+front L/R+rear/surround L/R (=5) +1 subwoofer. One, not two. Using two will require you to somehow split the output subwoofer signal, which will make sound quality noticeably worse. The reason why one of your subs is silent is because it's trying to act as a center speaker, which likely means its low-pass filter is filtering out essentially all of the audio signal. As to your questions about the center channel, it's used mainly for dialogue in films, but can have other uses too. Nonetheless, the main goal of a center channel is to have sound emit from as close to the on-screen source as possible, which is especially important for dialogue (as having dialogue come from front stereo speakers can result in "floating" voices that don't seem to emit from whoever is speaking). That's also the reason for center speakers' somewhat unusual driver arrangements, as they are often specifically tuned for the audio range of the human voice. The reason the center channel is on the same audio jack as the sub channel is simply for convenience, as 3.5mm jacks are (normally) 2-channel jacks, and the other channels are already paired, so it makes more sense for the layout of the audio outputs to combine these two than it does to split them out into separate jacks.

You either need to align your desired sound setup with the capabilities of your audio source (which is 5.1), or change to an audio source capable of handling your desired setup (essentially 4.2, though that's just 7.2 with a few channels not connected. Still, you might need a center channel speaker too, as otherwise (depending on how your receiver handles the absence of a center channel) you might lose most dialogue audio from anything mixed in 5.1 or 7.1/2.

System Name Rtxoned
Processor Intel i5 8600k
Motherboard Msi Z370 Sli Plus
Cooling Cooler Master Ml240r
Memory Corsair vengeance 8x2 DDR4 2400mhx
Video Card(s) Zotac Rtx 2080 Amp
Storage 250gb SSD, 500Gb SATA, 250Gb SATA
Display(s) Alienware 25” 240hz
Case Nzxt H700i
Power Supply Thermaltake toughpower 1000w 80+ Gold
Mouse Logitech 403
Keyboard Hyperx alloy fps mechanical keyboard Cherymx Blue
Software Windows 10
First off: how much did that speaker setup cost you? And you're running it off your motherboard's integrated audio chip? Oh dear. As noted above, get a receiver capable of handling the type of audio you want. Feeding fancy speakers from a bad audio source means bad audio quality. And while there is competent integrated motherboard audio, there's no such thing as good integrated motherboard audio.

Second: While I guess passing judgment on people's preferred way of listening to thing is kind of OT, why exactly do you need two 2500W subwoofers for a home audio setup? Are you trying to demolish your house, one song at a time? One should really be plenty. That way you might have room to sit directly in front of your monitor too, which judging by your photo is not possible at the moment.

But on a more serious note, as noted above, you are attempting to build a speaker setup that your motherboard's integrated audio isn't capable of handling. It supports 5.1 audio, which means center+front L/R+rear/surround L/R (=5) +1 subwoofer. One, not two. Using two will require you to somehow split the output subwoofer signal, which will make sound quality noticeably worse. The reason why one of your subs is silent is because it's trying to act as a center speaker, which likely means its low-pass filter is filtering out essentially all of the audio signal. As to your questions about the center channel, it's used mainly for dialogue in films, but can have other uses too. Nonetheless, the main goal of a center channel is to have sound emit from as close to the on-screen source as possible, which is especially important for dialogue (as having dialogue come from front stereo speakers can result in "floating" voices that don't seem to emit from whoever is speaking). That's also the reason for center speakers' somewhat unusual driver arrangements, as they are often specifically tuned for the audio range of the human voice. The reason the center channel is on the same audio jack as the sub channel is simply for convenience, as 3.5mm jacks are (normally) 2-channel jacks, and the other channels are already paired, so it makes more sense for the layout of the audio outputs to combine these two than it does to split them out into separate jacks.

You either need to align your desired sound setup with the capabilities of your audio source (which is 5.1), or change to an audio source capable of handling your desired setup (essentially 4.2, though that's just 7.2 with a few channels not connected. Still, you might need a center channel speaker too, as otherwise (depending on how your receiver handles the absence of a center channel) you might lose most dialogue audio from anything mixed in 5.1 or 7.1/2.
First of all Thank you very much, i really Appreciate, you giving me your costly Time..
i agree with your statement,it Does makes sense,
actually im Bass lover, Huge Base Lover haha,whenever i feel my Stomach Shaking, i believe that Bass is Enough for me haha xD .
Right now, i Removed Second Sub, using one SUB with is Automatically used as Center,
im learning from you guys alot, like always i get lot of help from this Forum,
so do i need another Sound Card or other Stuff? what actually i need to buy, can you give me Amazon link?
also it should not much Expensive haha, i made this setup from old saving but right now im on tight budget, but i will try my best.
is that what i need?

Last edited:
System Name Hotbox
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Mouse Logitech G603
Software Windows 10 Pro
First of all Thank you very much, i really Appreciate, you giving me your costly Time..
i agree with your statement,it Does makes sense,
actually im Bass lover, Huge Base Lover haha,when i feel my Stomach is shaking i feel that Its Perfect Bass for me haha,
Right now, i Removed Second Sub, using one SUB with is Automatically used as Center,
im learning from you guys alot, like always i get lot of help from this Forum,
so do i need another Sound Card or other Stuff? what actually i need to buy, can you give me Amazon link?
also it should not much Expensive haha, i made this setup from old saving but right now im on tight budget, but i will try my best.
is that what i need?
No problem :)

The audio device in your link won't change anything from your integrated audio - it's likely based on similar (if not worse) components.

What you need is something like this:

That is a 7.2 AV receiver. Ideally connected by HDMI. Though as noted above, if your front and/or rear speakers are active (i.e. have built-in amps), you won't be able to connect them to a receiver, which has its own amplification. I have seen receivers with optional non-amplified outputs, but they are exceedingly rare.

System Name Rtxoned
Processor Intel i5 8600k
Case Nzxt H700i
Mouse Logitech 403
Software Windows 10
No problem :)

The audio device in your link won't change anything from your integrated audio - it's likely based on similar (if not worse) components.

What you need is something like this:

That is a 7.2 AV receiver. Ideally connected by HDMI. Though as noted above, if your front and/or rear speakers are active (i.e. have built-in amps), you won't be able to connect them to a receiver, which has its own amplification. I have seen receivers with optional non-amplified outputs, but they are exceedingly rare.
Thanks,
Yes Front and Rear speaker have prebuilt amplifier, + subwoofers are attached with 5.1 5000w amplifier, it is very good amplifier, it costed me about 300$ it also have big transformer made with pure copper.
So do i still need all things? Sorry im bad at these things. What i was thinking to add tweeter and 4 inch speaker in subwoofer box or separate box, the bass im getting is enough already, I've disabled right subwoofer. Is it good idea?

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
i didnt understood the Part you said HDMI to Receive all Speakers, Can you give me Link of Receiver?
There's lots of them. This is just an example:

The reason why one of your subs is silent is because it's trying to act as a center speaker, which likely means its low-pass filter is filtering out essentially all of the audio signal.
Actually, that's backwards. He only hears stuff from the center speaker because the Speaker Fill DSP is filling that in (easy to average FL/FR). He is hearing nothing from the subwoofer channel because there is nothing separating the low frequencies out.

I don't see a path forward with this approach. Only solution is either drop the subwoofers as Ferrum Master said or drive all of them with a 7.2 receiver. Anything less will be suboptimal.

Yes Front and Rear speaker have prebuilt amplifier...
Then you're boned. Receiver is not recommended for preamplified speakers unless they have a bypass in them.

When adjusting sound volume, your three sets will get out of balance without amplifying them all together.

I honestly don't see a solution without buying new satellites (not internally amplified) and a receiver.

Last edited:
System Name Hotbox
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Mouse Logitech G603
Software Windows 10 Pro
There's lots of them. This is just an example:

Actually, that's backwards. He only hears stuff from the center speaker because the Speaker Fill DSP is filling that in (easy to average FL/FR). He is hearing nothing from the subwoofer channel because there is nothing separating the low frequencies out.

I don't see a path forward with this approach. Only solution is either drop the subwoofers as Ferrum Master said or drive all of them with a 7.2 receiver. Anything less will be suboptimal.

Then you're boned. Receiver is not recommended for preamplified speakers unless they have a bypass in them.

When adjusting sound volume, your three sets will get out of balance without amplifying them all together.

I honestly don't see a solution without buying new satellites (not internally amplified) and a receiver.
Thanks for correcting what I got wrong, your explanation definitely makes sense :)

Oh, btw, one "solution" could of course be to rip out the amplification from the active speakers and rewire them passively. Though that seems like a quite drastic move, and rather labor intensive.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
If you don't want to spend much more money. The only thing I would try is this:
1) Go through speaker config and set the satellites to NOT be full range speakers. This will make the DSP filter the low frequencies out to the SW channel.
2) Get a 3.5mm stereo to L/R mono splitter (see below). Plug it in to the orange port.
3) Identify which of the plugs is SW channel. You can use one of your satellites plugged in to it to find out. Once you figure it out, label them.
4) Only use the SW channel to drive your subwoofers. I'm not sure what this amplifier for them accepts but if you're just using a 3.5mm plug to drive them both, then the mono from the 3.5mm splitter would work because it effectively copies the SW channel to both L/R inputs in your amplifier.

What is the make/model of your amplifier?

Here's the 3.5mm splitter I'm talking about:
I don't know if that's exactly what you need because I don't know what the amplifier accepts.

System Name Rtxoned
Processor Intel i5 8600k
Case Nzxt H700i
Mouse Logitech 403
Software Windows 10
If you don't want to spend much more money. The only thing I would try is this:
1) Go through speaker config and set the satellites to NOT be full range speakers. This will make the DSP filter the low frequencies out to the SW channel.
2) Get a 3.5mm stereo to L/R mono splitter (see below). Plug it in to the orange port.
3) Identify which of the plugs is SW channel. You can use one of your satellites plugged in to it to find out. Once you figure it out, label them.
4) Only use the SW channel to drive your sub-woofers. I'm not sure what this amplifier for them accepts but if you're just using a 3.5mm plug to drive them both, then the mono from the 3.5mm splitter would work because it effectively copies the SW channel to both L/R inputs in your amplifier.

What is the make/model of your amplifier?

Here's the 3.5mm splitter I'm talking about:
I don't know if that's exactly what you need because I don't know what the amplifier accepts.
Thank you again.

1) Done, Nice Suggestion.
2) What A Brilliant Idea, Genius Brain. i would like to Modify it using your Idea,
what if i use Single Male RCA Cable to Mono 3.5mm Jack From my AMP to PC,for example like this. https://www.aliexpress.com/i/32776672738.html
one for Center and another one for Sub-woofer.
3) Understood,
i believe if i had Lot of Money, i Could Directly buy Big Yamaha Stuff, but i Believe that Gain my Knowledge like Right now.
im Learning A lot lot new things from you guys.. that would be possible if i buy all Rich Stuff, What you say. :)
4) it Accept RCA Cable
5) Model is Actually, its a Custom Made, My neighbor is Running Amplifier Industry,they Basically Make Sub woofers and Speakers for DJ and Professional Studios.. he running it from 20 Years.
He Built Amp for me to Drive Heavy Sub woofers, he told me that if i buy same stuff it would cost 1500+$ , he Removed all features like Bluetooth and other stuff, the Transformer inside is about 4 inchs Long. and have lot of Heavy Condensers, im using this from 3 years, it shakes the Stomach, also broke my window Glass one time xD.

if your method dont get work then i will ask guy to make this Device according my Requirement.
But i still believe you gave me the awesome idea, you guys are Genius as always.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
what if i use Single Male RCA Cable to Mono 3.5mm Jack From my AMP to PC,for example like this. https://www.aliexpress.com/i/32776672738.html
one for Center and another one for Sub-woofer.
If after the splitter, yes, you can do that assuming the splitter is RCA plugs instead of 3.5mm. The important thing is that the two signals need to be split and then they need to be mono after that.

4) it Accept RCA Cable
Just one or is it RCA Left and RCA Right? If it's left and right...you're going to need to split the SW signal to both.

System Name Rtxoned
Processor Intel i5 8600k
Case Nzxt H700i
Mouse Logitech 403
Software Windows 10
If after the splitter, yes, you can do that assuming the splitter is RCA plugs instead of 3.5mm. The important thing is that the two signals need to be split and then they need to be mono after that.

Just one or is it RCA Left and RCA Right? If it's left and right...you're going to need to split the SW signal to both.
Copy that.
yes RCA left and Right, im going to Order those Cable, unfortunately, if i buy from aliexpress, it is going to take 25+ days to reach me. i try to find local too.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
You're gonna need two splitters...
SWsplitter.png

The N part can be 3.5mm or RCA. The important thing is that SW is split from C, then SW is split into R/L channels.

If you link what you are looking to buy, I can verify it will work.

System Name Rtxoned
Processor Intel i5 8600k
Case Nzxt H700i
Mouse Logitech 403
Software Windows 10
You're gonna need two splitters...
View attachment 132079
The N part can be 3.5mm or RCA. The important thing is that SW is split from C, then SW is split into R/L channels.

If you link what you are looking to buy, I can verify it will work.
Thank you for giving time,
Im getting bit confuse, is that what we mean in picture, in first picture, its currenty im using and second is what if we use single mono rca to male mono 3.5mm. can you give me link what i need.
In last pic, it have 3.5 stereo female to mono 6.3 jack, but unfortunately i havent found any 3.5female to 3.5 mono x 2 male

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-09-17-02-32-45-284_com.google.android.keep.png
    Screenshot_2019-09-17-02-32-45-284_com.google.android.keep.png
    57.6 KB · Views: 130
  • Screenshot_2019-09-17-02-34-42-272_com.google.android.keep.png
    Screenshot_2019-09-17-02-34-42-272_com.google.android.keep.png
    66.9 KB · Views: 119
  • Screenshot_2019-09-17-02-39-48-689_com.flipkart.android.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-09-17-02-39-48-689_com.flipkart.android.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 106
  • Screenshot_2019-09-17-02-38-59-087_com.flipkart.android.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-09-17-02-38-59-087_com.flipkart.android.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 113
  • Screenshot_2019-09-17-03-14-10-026_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-09-17-03-14-10-026_com.android.chrome.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
This goes into the orange port on your motherboard (this has different lengths you can order):
...looks like you already got this sort of cable so you don't need to buy another one...

Once you identify which is C and which is SW, you plug the purple end into the SW connector:
Then you plug the white and red ends into your amplifier.

setup.png

Last edited:
System Name Rtxoned
Processor Intel i5 8600k
Case Nzxt H700i
Mouse Logitech 403
Software Windows 10
This goes into the orange port on your motherboard (this has different lengths you can order):
...looks like you already got this sort of cable so you don't need to buy another one...

Once you identify which is C and which is SW, you plug the purple end into the SW connector:
Then you plug the white and red ends into your amplifier.

View attachment 132090
Got it, excellent idea.thank you very much. So this way both subwoofers will work. Impressed.
I hope this cable available in our country amazon.
One more experiment i would like to do is, Remove left subwoofer (which is center in control panel) add 4 inch speaker/tweeter tower there, provide output from single Rca to single mono 3.5mm as center,ane other Rca which is left subwoofer to single mono 3.5mm as Subwoofer. Both sound exciting.

System Name Hotbox
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Mouse Logitech G603
Software Windows 10 Pro
Got it, excellent idea.thank you very much. So this way both subwoofers will work. Impressed.
I hope this cable available in our country amazon.
One more experiment i would like to do is, Remove left subwoofer (which is center in control panel) add 4 inch speaker/tweeter tower there, provide output from single Rca to single mono 3.5mm as center,ane other Rca which is left subwoofer to single mono 3.5mm as Subwoofer. Both sound exciting.
Adding a center speaker is likely a good idea, at least if you use this for movie watching or similar. But with Ford's cabling layout you'll be able to use both subwoofers and a center channel. That's what the two chained splitters are for - the first splits the subwoofer and center channels to separate plugs, while the second "multiplies" the sub signal into two connectors instead of just one.

System Name Rtxoned
Processor Intel i5 8600k
Case Nzxt H700i
Mouse Logitech 403
Software Windows 10
Adding a center speaker is likely a good idea, at least if you use this for movie watching or similar. But with Ford's cabling layout you'll be able to use both subwoofers and a center channel. That's what the two chained splitters are for - the first splits the subwoofer and center channels to separate plugs, while the second "multiplies" the sub signal into two connectors instead of just one.
thanks, i think i should add Center too, in missing Dialogues in Movies, also im going to order the cable which we discussed.
looks like it will take lot of time. i hope this thread dont get close till i get. :)
you guys helped alot, lot actually,Forum full with Genius People.