Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, May 4, 2013.
Yes, I know. Also, this was different on the old site.
I have a 27" monitor (1920x1080) and I can tell you that the font really bothers me also.
Very nice and sleek design.
I hate change W1z.
Prepare to be sued by Apple because the brand icons all have rounded corners...
Judging by the comments, it looks like this new look is TPU's Vista or Windows 8...
sign in and logout links fixed
Nice job, Mr. Rivera/Povich/Springer.
Anyway, as I said a few posts back, I like the new look apart from a couple of things, one of them being the font and there's a lot of people that don't like it much either, finding it harder to read. Personally, I think TPU should keep the font but just use the regular, wider, version of it.
And allow the page to fit the whole screen, of course. I dunno why W1zz won't tell us his reasoning for limiting it without the option to expand it.
I just love the new layout for the site..
looks cleaner and more modern
I added different color for visited links. Feedback please.
Pretty sure he did in the Beta testing thread.
The reason was that if you had it too wide you would end up with big gaps in the reviews box which looks worse.
Thanks, that's helpful. It would still be reasonable to answer people's questions here though, or at least link to an FAQ that he adds to.
We must be reading different threads, or you have forgotten to take off your Glasses-that-makes-me-see-what-i-want-to-see glasses (yes I sort of suck at naming things).
W1zzard I cant view your profile via forums
Here, let me help you. How about "Selective Vision Glasses"? Feel better now?
All over the new site except the forum.
As a suggestion, I would remove the first article tag and replace that with a div.
Errr, mines doing that wide thing again. Not sure what that's about.
still want to get use on it
After reading trough all the posts i can say that i'm agreeing with the majority here.
I like the disappearance of the pop out social things.
What i don't like (-), and suggestions (=) to improve those areas:
- Even with my display's brightness at minimum the contrast of the bright background and the news article's small font and the comment's small font is painful. And my display is only 96.42PPI.
= Maybe a slightly bigger font will resolve the issue but it's possible it will not. In that case an option would be to insert buttons to darken the background.
- I read multiple news sites and the differentiation of accessed links really helped me.
= I'd like that feature back
- Wen you refresh a multi-paged comment thread on the main site the refresh causes the page to scroll up to the comment page's beginning. This is somewhat frustrating because you refresh to see if there was a new comment posted since you've began reading the page.
= the scroll should stay in place, so you can see if a post was added, and not have to scroll back down.
- The "Related News" section looks out of place just under the article. If someone clicks an article, he does so form the main page, with high chances that he will continue browsing the main page after reading the article. Also, news articles have a short "life span", it's rare that one could get valid information from an article posted weeks or months ago, especially in this field where most articles are about the fastest/best/latest things. It might be the fastest thing now but in two days it's history.
= That section should be below the comments or on the side.
- The headers have a confusing mix of date and time of post. On the main page the header includes the day of week and time. In the article the main header includes the day of week and US style date. Then this info is repeated on the "smaller header".
= I would like to see a full data-time string formatted based on the user location or some profile option, both on the main page and the article page. An you can do away with the big blue header.
- The "Today's Reviews" section is confusing
= I think that if you move the "What do you think" poll to the side and insert some type of faint grid the appearance would be more organized. Or simply go back to the old style.
Sorry for the length
i dont like how the titles of the news article is that blueish color - having them black was a lot easier on my eyes.
me like the clean look
How do i directly jump into the forums, i use to click on the comment links of news and the page use to directly open the forums thread, but not any more.
Now to get to the forum thread I click Discuss -> Add your own comment -> Thread name at the top
we need a one click access to the forums again, agreed.
Separate names with a comma.