• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ProStreet Demo

System Name The Money Sink
Processor Intel i7-5960X at 4.60Ghz
Motherboard MSI X99A Godlike
Cooling Custom watercooling loop, single D5 -> CPU, dual D5 -> GPU's
Memory 64GB DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) 2 x 1080Ti @ Stock for the moment (40oC LOAD)
Storage 960GB Mushkin Scorpion Deluxe and 2 x 512GB M.2 SSD RAID0
Display(s) Dual Curved LG 34" Display
Power Supply EVGA 1600W G2
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores ALOT
I used to think GT was the best, and was always planning on buying anything Sony decided to launch GT on...
Then I built my PC, and found GTR.
Suffice to say, I haven't touched my PS2 in a few months, and the last two games I remember playing were Family Guy (awesome, lol), and The Getaway: Black Monday (brilliant game)

GT will probably never make it to the PC, since Sony is selling their consoles by making it exclusive, but if they did release GT4 onto PC, that would be nice. It still looks good, and would likely have great modding potential, without Sony losing out PS3 sales, by giving us the older game instead of the newer GT5/GT HD or w/e the hell they decided to name it now.

What I would really like is a racing game, that's a simulation, but you can either choose to be a street racer, or a circuit racer with big contracts and stuff.
Having a whole island, like in Test Drive Unlimited, a few large and small professional circuits, and hundreds of miles of various roads, from bumpy C-roads with plenty of twists, to long straight, smooth motorways, to get around the island. Greater customisation options, on a par with ProStreet (which seems to have the most customisation options of most racers I've seen), with the chance to do precision settings, like in Simbin's racers.
Gentlemen, I think we all agree, that would make for a pretty sweet game.
QFT ::rockout:

Processor C2Q6600 @ 1.6 GHz
Motherboard Anus PQ5
Cooling ACFPro
Memory GEiL2 x 1 GB PC2 6400
Video Card(s) MSi 4830 (RIP)
Storage Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320 GB Perpendicular Recording
Display(s) Dell 17'
Case El Cheepo
Audio Device(s) 7.1 Onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Software MCE2K5
System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Motherboard AsRock B650 HDVM.2
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Memory 32GB Gskill Flare X5
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 TI
Storage Samsung 9series NVM 2TB and Rust
Display(s) Predator X34P/Tempest X270OC @ 120hz / LG W3000h
Case Fractal Define S [Antec Skeleton hanging in hall of fame]
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Xense with AKG K612 cans on Monacor SA-100
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXIV ARR Benchmark 12,883 on i7 2600k 15,098 on AM5 7600x
Gran Turismo ... super realistic?

Now that's a laugh.

Opinion of Oz:
For a racing game.... I dont like Need for Speed series. It doesnt apeal to me and the feeling just dont satisfy me.... well but atleast it is wayyyy faster and better than SRS street syndicate..... SRS is slow like hell! slowest of the slowest racing game I have experienced. Anyhow I am pretty much interest in Pro Street just cause it is the first True ps3/360 title and True Next Gen graphic.... unlike Carbon, a fake ps3/360 title.... just an enhance graphic from ps2 graphic. I will download the Pro Street demo for the PC later on once I clear up my Hard Drive.

Favorite Arcade Style Racing Game:
Midnight Club 2, Midnight Club 3 and next will be Midnight Club Los Angeles.

Favorite Simulator Racing Game
Gran Turismo series..... super realistic! super awesome! just super superb!

Incorrect, Need for speed pro street runs off a similar engine as most wanted and carbon, but its obviously enhanced, though i highly doubt, that it utilises any "next gen" features.

There were files tagged with Dx10, although I think they may have been updates for DirectX, for peoiple that forget to install them.

I used to think GT was the best, and was always planning on buying anything Sony decided to launch GT on...
Then I built my PC, and found GTR.
Suffice to say, I haven't touched my PS2 in a few months, and the last two games I remember playing were Family Guy (awesome, lol), and The Getaway: Black Monday (brilliant game)

GT will probably never make it to the PC, since Sony is selling their consoles by making it exclusive, but if they did release GT4 onto PC, that would be nice. It still looks good, and would likely have great modding potential, without Sony losing out PS3 sales, by giving us the older game instead of the newer GT5/GT HD or w/e the hell they decided to name it now.

What I would really like is a racing game, that's a simulation, but you can either choose to be a street racer, or a circuit racer with big contracts and stuff.
Having a whole island, like in Test Drive Unlimited, a few large and small professional circuits, and hundreds of miles of various roads, from bumpy C-roads with plenty of twists, to long straight, smooth motorways, to get around the island. Greater customisation options, on a par with ProStreet (which seems to have the most customisation options of most racers I've seen), with the chance to do precision settings, like in Simbin's racers.
Gentlemen, I think we all agree, that would make for a pretty sweet game.

I think everyone wants a game like that where it covers EVERY aspect of racing, but no game maker can be arsed to make it anyway.

Anyway I find it funny when people complain about the physics of the game... isnt it obvious that EA wants to make a game that is closer to a simulator? The thing is you guys must be terrible in understanding how a car reacts, games such as NFS:C, NFS:MW, is not how a car acts, in fact need for speed underground 2's physics engine is much more realistic in comparison to NFS:C and MW.

Anyway, i dont find the physics a problem, its just that you guys arent used to it... too aggressive maybe? If you are fighting to keep the car on the road, it says a lot :p, think about the momentum of the car as well as the weight, you guys are lucky that the M3 and GTR both are 4WDs, or else you'd be bitching 2 times more.

One thing i dont like... What happened to the understeer?

(Fact carbon and MW are arcadeish games, jesus... even if its more fun its definately not driving when the wheels dont even more relative to the road).

Motherboard Anus PQ5
Cooling ACFPro
Display(s) Dell 17'
Case El Cheepo
Software MCE2K5
ive driven many racing games ... its almost second nature to me, but this ... this is a bunch of cunt

lol, nice expression there
I swear the new M3 is still a RWD, unless BMW got soft on us...

Looking for more details on the newest M3, the V8, typed in M3 V8 into Google, a little down, found this vid:
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/129486/hillclimb_v8_bmw_m3/
I think I'd prefer one of these :D:D

It's funny, nobody mentions it being 4WD, and no one mentions RWD either. Must look through my Top Gear archives. I got loads to look through though.

Last edited:
Motherboard Anus PQ5
Cooling ACFPro
Display(s) Dell 17'
Case El Cheepo
Software MCE2K5
m3's have always been rwd ...

sidenote ... we have a 2008 m3 in jamaica about 2 weeks now ...

Woah Mama!

Processor AMD Athlon X2 3800+ Toledo (2.0ghz for now) (Looking for Opty)
Motherboard DFI LanParty UT NF4 Ultra-D
Cooling Zalman CNPS9700 NT + 6 120mm Zalman ZM-F3GL case fans through Zalman ZM-MFC1
Memory 2GB OCZ Platinum DDR400 + 2 GB for spare (Or Vista)!
Video Card(s) PNY 8800GTS 320MB
Storage 2x Western Digital 320GB 16MB Cache SATAII Raid 0
Display(s) 17" Philips 107S6E CRT (226BW early `08)
Case CoolerMaster Centurion 534 with upcoming modifications
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster Audigy
Power Supply Thermaltake TR2 550W (Soon to be ToughPower 750W)
Software Windows XP SP2
From what I've heard, it's a shame that EA has once again, made the Need for speed series travel downhill.

Pity.

pt

not a suicide-bomber
Processor AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile TL-60 (Trinidad)
Motherboard ASUS F3Ka (ATI RS690M)
Cooling stock
Memory Nanya 2x1GB ddr2 667@5-5-5-15-2T
Video Card(s) ATI Mobility Radeon HD2600 512MB DDR2@ 580mhz/486mhz
Storage 160GB on laptop+250GB external
Display(s) ASUS 15.4
Case Asus Laptop F3Ka chassis
Audio Device(s) on-board
Power Supply 1:30minutes battery
Software "genui xp", 'cause i hated vista
ea does this to every game

Woah Mama!

Processor AMD Athlon X2 3800+ Toledo (2.0ghz for now) (Looking for Opty)
Motherboard DFI LanParty UT NF4 Ultra-D
Cooling Zalman CNPS9700 NT + 6 120mm Zalman ZM-F3GL case fans through Zalman ZM-MFC1
Memory 2GB OCZ Platinum DDR400 + 2 GB for spare (Or Vista)!
Video Card(s) PNY 8800GTS 320MB
Storage 2x Western Digital 320GB 16MB Cache SATAII Raid 0
Display(s) 17" Philips 107S6E CRT (226BW early `08)
Case CoolerMaster Centurion 534 with upcoming modifications
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster Audigy
Power Supply Thermaltake TR2 550W (Soon to be ToughPower 750W)
Software Windows XP SP2
If I ever meet the douche from EA who gave the go ahead to shut down the Motorcity Online servers, it won't be pretty.
Stupid EA, trying to protect NFS by shutting down MCO, yet they end up destroying NFS in the end anyway.

System Name ICE-QUAD // ICE-CRUNCH
Processor Q6600 // 2x Xeon 5472
Memory 2GB DDR // 8GB FB-DIMM
Video Card(s) HD3850-AGP // FireGL 3400
Display(s) 2 x Samsung 204Ts = 3200x1200
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2
Software Windows Server 2003 R2 as a Workstation now migrated to W10 with regrets.
I dont know MCO, but I agree, they ARE destroying the NFS brand. It's getting worse and worse.

kwik

Processor Intel Pentium D 930 w/ two processing cores 3.0GHz
Motherboard P5LP-LE
Memory 1.5GB DDR2 SDRAM
Video Card(s) ATI Radeon x1300 Pro 256 MB DDR memory
Software Windows XP (Service pack 2)
Looking for some help, First time posting here

Glad to see NFS Pro Street is working well for yall. However, I'm having the same problem I had with NFS Carbon and can not get it to launch. Whenever I start NFS Prostreet demo the program crashes so hard the systems reboots just as it did with Carbon (I gave up on Carbon). The system shows a blue screen for split second then reboots. I googled the same problem with Carbon but could never find an answer. I've checked my system at http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srl and checks out ok.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

kwik

PC Specs:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...48&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=1831238&lang=en

System Name E3 3.0
Processor Intel Core i7 6700
Motherboard Asus Maximus IX Apex
Cooling Corsair H5 SF Low Profile Cooler
Memory Corsair CMK32G4M2E3200C16
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
Storage 500GB SSD | 2 TB HDD
Display(s) 19" Acer + 30" MSI MAG301CR2
Case Corsair 460X Crystal Case
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Plus GX-850
Let's see if they put Multiplayer - LAN system decently this time. I mean, come on.. Carbon, MW, UG and UG2? I'd better off with the HP2 Multiplayer system.

Xolair

Heh, I already preordered this game judging from the demo, seems to be a bit more interesting than any of the older NFS series' games. I doubt it'll be money thrown to waste, but who knows.

Indeed, the demo is pretty awesome and looks alright with my current GPU, but the speed isn't all that amazing. The gameplay is nice, although the cars don't seem to get damaged as well as they should (only bumpers fall off, the panels get a bit dented and tires start to wobble around). Where's all the body damage, cars chopped in two and totally crushed mobiles? Damn car makers and their requirements... :slap:

Anyway, I liked the handling of the cars. It's not as ''realistic'' as I had hoped, but it's somewhat better than before. The demo, sadly, only gives 2 races to drive and no modding availabilities to your usage, but hopefully the full game won't betray on this section, which is quite unlikely IMO. Guess this game will prove its worth eventually, but for that I'd need the full game of course.

Last edited:
Heh, I already preordered this game judging from the demo, seems to be a bit more interesting than any of the older NFS series' games. I doubt it'll be money thrown to waste, but who knows.

Indeed, the demo is pretty awesome and looks alright with my current GPU, but the speed isn't all that amazing. The gameplay is nice, although the cars don't seem to get damaged as well as they should (only bumpers fall off, the panels get a bit dented and tires start to wobble around). Where's all the body damage, cars chopped in two and totally crushed mobiles? Damn car makers and their requirements... :slap:

Anyway, I liked the handling of the cars. It's not as ''realistic'' as I had hoped, but it's somewhat better than before. The demo, sadly, only gives 2 races to drive and no modding availabilities to your usage, but hopefully the full game won't betray on this section, which is quite unlikely IMO. Guess this game will prove its worth eventually, but for that I'd need the full game of course.

IN addition I dont think this is the full damage system anyway! Some EA demo people said that wheels would fly off. They did this with TOCA 3's demo. The damage system was far basic from the full version of it. Yes the handling is relatively realistic, i got the hang of it immediately. I'd love to see the engine die if I abused the usage of the clutch tho :p. No loss in boost pressure while shifting FTW! :rockout:

Anyway, I hate how some people judge a game by the developers themselves. I really do, its a form of slander goddammit!

Nightwolf83

System Name CHAOS
Processor AMD Athlon X2 6000+ @ 3.075GHZ
Motherboard Asus M2N-E-SLI
Cooling A Shit Load Of Fans Everywhere
Memory Kingston 2gb (1 gig sticks) running at 670MHZ in dual channel
Video Card(s) ECS 8800GTS 320MB overclocked, (GPU 575MHZ) (Memory 1730MHZ) (Shader 1350MHZ)
Storage WD 320gb SATA 16MB 7200RPM
Display(s) 19in Widescreen, Viewsonic VA1912w
Case SHAW ARMOUR
Audio Device(s) Chaintech PCI 7.1 sound
Power Supply 500W SEA SOLY
Software WINDOWS VISTA HOME BASIC
Hmmmm....

WASUP, works well on me PC, and it looks good to but I would have to say my favourite need for speed is high stakes and most wanted, no car can beat a done up FIAT, I mean HELL YEAH that car rulez, it sounds like a muscle car, beautiful, anyways later's. :roll: :banghead:

belpois

Processor Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E6750 2.66GHz 1333MHz 4MB LGA775 CPU
Motherboard Asus Striker Extreme NF680i SLi DDR2/SATA2 Full ATX MB
Cooling Thermaltake CL-W0005-01 Big Water SE 12cm Liquid Cooling System (Modified)
Memory 2Gb G.Skill DDR2 PC2-6400 NQ Series (5-5-5-15) Dual Channel kit
Video Card(s) EVGA nVidia GeForce 8600GT 512MB 2DVI/HDTV PCI-Express Video Car
Storage Western Digital Raptor WD1500ADFD 150GB Serial ATA 10000rpm 16MB x4
Display(s) Dell 3007WFP-HC Black Widescreen LCD, 2560x1600, 1000:1
Case Aspire X-Cruiser Silver Midi Tower with Window
Audio Device(s) Razer BARRACUDA
Power Supply Raidmax Volcano 630W Version
Software Windows Vista, Windows Xp, Ubuntu Fiesty Fawn.
Games ?

for a $40 game you will need t get a $1,500 computer, pretty dome, don't you think?

Any way nfs was great at the beginning, now it is loosing it's thing, first it was a racing game now it has become a bounty hunt, as i may say an excuse for filling the nfs series with NFS-MW, NFS-Carbon and the new pro street.

Those 3 are the worst games ever, man they suck.

i made the biggest mistake for buying them, i should of downloaded them, You get them cheap games at a cheep price, lol!

Belpois has done it again :)

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Motherboard AsRock B650 HDVM.2
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Memory 32GB Gskill Flare X5
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 TI
Storage Samsung 9series NVM 2TB and Rust
Display(s) Predator X34P/Tempest X270OC @ 120hz / LG W3000h
Case Fractal Define S [Antec Skeleton hanging in hall of fame]
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Xense with AKG K612 cans on Monacor SA-100
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXIV ARR Benchmark 12,883 on i7 2600k 15,098 on AM5 7600x
Kwik, it looks like your system is more or less 'too old.' Why it doesn't happen with other games, I don't know, but some elements of your setup may not work with something about the engine used in the NFS games that won't work for you.

And yes, that was such crap that took down motor city online. What a game that was man! It was like "happy days" all over again! Sawwweet v8 muscle action.

kwik

Motherboard P5LP-LE
Memory 1.5GB DDR2 SDRAM
Kwik, it looks like your system is more or less 'too old.' Why it doesn't happen with other games, I don't know, but some elements of your setup may not work with something about the engine used in the NFS games that won't work for you.

Thanks for the reply.

I don't know much about video cards. Can you or anyone else recommend a good video card (preferably one that wont be out dated in three months)?

Thanks

System Name Back to Blue
Processor i9 14900k
Motherboard Asrock Z790 Nova
Cooling Corsair H150i Elite
Memory 64GB Corsair Dominator DDR5-6400 @ 6600
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 Ultra FTW3
Storage 4TB WD 850x NVME, 4TB WD Black, 10TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
Display(s) 1x Samsung Odyssey G7 Neo and 1x Dell u2518d
Case Lian Li o11 DXL w/custom vented front panel
Audio Device(s) Focusrite Saffire PRO 14 -> DBX DriveRack PA+ -> Mackie MR8 and MR10 / Senn PX38X -> SB AE-5 Plus
Power Supply Corsair RM1000i
Mouse Logitech G502x
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 11 x64 Pro
Benchmark Scores 31k multicore Cinebench - CPU limited 125w
You know I really don't like these games anymore... They have gotten I don't know cheap imo..

I gave it a shot though....

My 2600xt in dx10 runs everything 1280x1024 perfectly without AA/AF of course.

System Name Back to Blue
Processor i9 14900k
Motherboard Asrock Z790 Nova
Cooling Corsair H150i Elite
Memory 64GB Corsair Dominator DDR5-6400 @ 6600
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 Ultra FTW3
Storage 4TB WD 850x NVME, 4TB WD Black, 10TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
Display(s) 1x Samsung Odyssey G7 Neo and 1x Dell u2518d
Case Lian Li o11 DXL w/custom vented front panel
Audio Device(s) Focusrite Saffire PRO 14 -> DBX DriveRack PA+ -> Mackie MR8 and MR10 / Senn PX38X -> SB AE-5 Plus
Power Supply Corsair RM1000i
Mouse Logitech G502x
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 11 x64 Pro
Benchmark Scores 31k multicore Cinebench - CPU limited 125w
Thanks for the reply.

I don't know much about video cards. Can you or anyone else recommend a good video card (preferably one that wont be out dated in three months)?

Thanks

Good luck on that one...

No really....

Anyways, you could use a processor, ram upgrade and if you want decent video you are looking at a $200+ investment on average.
1950pro/xt/xtx, 2600xt gddr4, 8600gts, 8800gt/gts/gtx/ultra, 3850, 3870, 2900gt/pro/xt

kwik

Motherboard P5LP-LE
Memory 1.5GB DDR2 SDRAM
That's pretty sad. Bought the computer just over a year and a half ago and already need to upgrade processor, ram, and v/c. This is my 4th PC, can't really do upgrades myself because my hands are paralized. I can use two fingers on my right hand and use my left the best I can to play games like NFS. (Remapping keys in a games a pain.) Should I try and buy a new system or buy the upgrades and have them installed? What sort of specs should I try to get. Haven't really kept up with the changes in technowlogy over the last few years. This system is a HP, can it be upgraded pretty cheap?
Specs URL: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...48&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=1831238&lang=en