• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Raijintek Orcus 240

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Processor Intel 8700K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32 GB Crucial Ballistix 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Display(s) Dell U2412M + Samsung TA350
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Samson Meteor Mic / Generic 2.1 / KRK KNS 6400 headset
Power Supply Zalman EBT-1000
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
Raijintek looks to one-up the competition with their Orcus 240 all-in-one liquid cooler. How do they plan to do so you ask? By offering full RGB LED functionality with a unique design at an affordable price.

Show full review

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name Cumquat 2021
Processor AMD RyZen R7 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus Strix X670E - E Gaming WIFI
Cooling Deep Cool LT720 + CM MasterGel Pro TP + Lian Li Uni Fan V2
Memory 32GB GSkill Trident Z5 Neo 6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ OC RX6800 16GB DDR6 2270Cclk / 2010Mclk
Storage 1x Adata SX8200PRO NVMe 1TB gen3 x4 1X Samsung 980 Pro NVMe Gen 4 x4 1TB, 12TB of HDD Storage
Display(s) AOC 24G2 IPS 144Hz FreeSync Premium 1920x1080p
Case Lian Li O11D XL ROG edition
Audio Device(s) RX6800 via HDMI + Pioneer VSX-531 amp Technics 100W 5.1 Speaker set
Power Supply EVGA 1000W G5 Gold
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core Wired
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless
Software Windows 11 X64 PRO (build 23H2)
Benchmark Scores it sucks even more less now ;)
Despite you stating this "The base is nickel-plated copper, which makes for a smooth finish to the touch." The photo tells a different story it's not exactly a mirror finish is it which would have led to a much better result in cooling in other words why nickel plate a shit machined base plate in the first place other than to add extra cost

System Name Lightbringer
Processor Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Cooling Enermax Liqmax Iii 360mm AIO
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (8GBx4) 3200Mhz CL 14
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 5700XT Nitro+
Storage Hp EX950 2TB NVMe M.2, HP EX950 1TB NVMe M.2, Samsung 860 EVO 2TB
Display(s) LG 34BK95U-W 34" 5120 x 2160
Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic (White)
Power Supply BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850w Gold Rated PSU
Mouse Glorious Model O (Matte White)
Keyboard Royal Kludge RK71
Software Windows 10
Those raijintek fans look like a carbon copy of the Aigo Aurora C3/C5 fans....that's just sad, BTW, do the two included fans have ADDRESSABLE/DIGITAL LEDs, or can they only do a single, static color?

Last edited:

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Cooling Custom Water
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
Those raijintek fans look like a carbon copy of the Aigo Aurora C3/C5 fans....that's just sad, BTW, do the two included fans have ADDRESSABLE/DIGITAL LEDs, or can they only do a single, static color?

Single solid RGB color that can change between manually or automatically with a couple different modes.

Despite you stating this "The base is nickel-plated copper, which makes for a smooth finish to the touch." The photo tells a different story it's not exactly a mirror finish is it which would have led to a much better result in cooling in other words why nickel plate a shit machined base plate in the first place other than to add extra cost

No its not perfect mirror finish however to the touch there are no marks or gouges or grooves or machine marks. Also a polished base doesn't make for that big an improvement at least not on a mainstream Intel platform. That said the base is smooth and clean enough that if you place an object directly on it you will see a mirror reflection however due to it not being perfect as you move an object away it becomes blurry to the point of no recognition.

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Cooling Custom Water
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
What a cheap piece of s**t.
Technically all AIOS are cheap. I mean you can get 240mm versions off of Alibaba / Aliexpress for $35-50 The difference is you pay for shorter shipping time, proper RGB with a hub and a warranty you can actually use if necessary. I wouldn't say its shit since I abused it and put it through a lot of stress testing. Where it works just fine. Shit would be if it sprung a leak or arrived dead which if that happens I do report it as I have had coolers in the past come with junk mounting hardware. The Orcus works it cools decently well and it has LEDS welcome to the new age of CPU cooling.

System Name MacBook Pro 16"
Processor M1 Pro
Memory 16GB unified memory
Storage 1 TB
Technically all AIOS are cheap. I mean you can get 240mm versions off of Alibaba / Aliexpress for $35-50 The difference is you pay for shorter shipping time, proper RGB with a hub and a warranty you can actually use if necessary. I wouldn't say its shit since I abused it and put it through a lot of stress testing. Where it works just fine. Shit would be if it sprung a leak or arrived dead which if that happens I do report it as I have had coolers in the past come with junk mounting hardware. The Orcus works it cools decently well and it has LEDS welcome to the new age of CPU cooling.
In my opinion failing to do its job and being cheap are two different things. By saying that it's cheap I don't mean that it would fail. I just dislike gimmicks such as the pump being in the middle of the tubes and useless stuff like that. Problem is companies don't innovate, just adding more gimmicks and leds but nothing much else.

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Cooling Custom Water
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
In my opinion failing to do its job and being cheap are two different things. By saying that it's cheap I don't mean that it would fail. I just dislike gimmicks such as the pump being in the middle of the tubes and useless stuff like that. Problem is companies don't innovate, just adding more gimmicks and leds but nothing much else.
The problem your forgetting is bullshit IP and patent rights. With the pump on the tubing theres no need to pay Asetek or Coolit for patents. This results in a lower price. Gimmicky sure but it does in fact serve a purpose.

As for AIOs there is little innovation to be had right now other than fine tuning. Which means optimizing radiator FPI with the fans chosen to do the job etc. There is also the option of potentially boosting pump performance via small changes but overall performance wont change much. Currently AIOs seem to top out around 280mm in terms off return per $ as 360 mm and 420 mm seldom seem to out perform the 240s let alone 280s to justify cost.

Whomever can find a way to boost pump performance without drastically increasing noise will be next to innovate. Otherwise its status quo as more and more AIOs are made price comes down while profit goes up compared to traditional air coolers.