• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

skeptik

Hello, my windows 11 is revering back time to time to official realtek instead of staying on AAF. Any suggestion to avoid it?
I had the same issue as you, even in both windows 10/11. Here's how i managed to solve it or partially solve it...

Enable the "Do not include drivers with Windows Updates" in the Windows Update section of group policy editor (gpedit.msc).
Before i install AAF i did a full install of any drivers needed from windows update untill i made sure that they are'nt anymore drivers needed to install, then i enabled the "Do not include drivers with Windows Updates" in gpedit. I had no more of the reverting realtek issue after that.

Hope this helps, thanks.

Last edited:
I had the same issue as you, even in both windows 10/11. Here's how i managed to solve it or partially solve it...

Enable the "Do not include drivers with Windows Updates" in the Windows Update section of group policy editor (gpedit.msc).
Before i install AAF i did a full install of any drivers needed from windows update untill i made sure that they are'nt anymore drivers needed to install, then i enabled the "Do not include drivers with Windows Updates" in gpedit. I had no more of the reverting realtek issue after that.

Hope this helps, thanks.

Yeah, the bitch is resetting or recovering a Windows, then you must do it all again. Quite a pain, also when Windows decide to install your AMD drivers and AMD and ASUS apps also suggest Windows drivers upon which Adrenalin stops working, so have uninstalled them AMD and whatever else of AMD that got installed via Windows and just carry on until you find the correct order of removal and install... And then AAF and then maybe SteelSeries GG app, the latest broken a games' sound again with media addition, but otherwise the recent SSGG drivers and app kinda worked not too badly...

I use Winaero for a long time now, much easier than decyphering group policy editor, but @garzacorporations maybe a better option here for you would another much worthy tool, which will help with removing any Realtek drivers fully and responsibly as well. DDU, which will have the Windows driver update setting disabled and also useful to enable it again once needed as mentioned by @skeptik

Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 18.0.5.9 [ Direct to DL page - https://www.guru3d.com/files-get/display-driver-uninstaller-download,1.html ]
Download Winaero Tweaker [ Direct DL - https://winaero.com/downloads/winaerotweaker.zip ]

My thoughts are with Alan @AAF Optimus and trust / hope that he's ok and all well. Hope it's a break, but retirement would also be good considering the alternatives...

Merry XMAS ALL!

Someone has the download link for the latest version of this project in which you could install the audio control panel legacy? the version I used was the 9285 but is not working well in windows 11 and I do not like the new drivers with the universal audio control panel as it is not compatible with all current motherboards or at least those like mine I use the x570 aorus elite wifi

Someone has the download link for the latest version of this project in which you could install the audio control panel legacy? the version I used was the 9285 but is not working well in windows 11 and I do not like the new drivers with the universal audio control panel as it is not compatible with all current motherboards or at least those like mine I use the x570 aorus elite wifi
This version works for me personally correctly.

This version works for me personally correctly.
I want any version that is above the 9285 and still has the legacy audio panel if the 9285 gave me problems the one you just passed me will also because it is an older version than the previous one but thanks for trying to help if you have the link to a version a little higher than the 9285 and is before Alan removed the legacy control panel would be nice.

System Name My PC Master Race
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard AsRock B550M PG Riptide
Cooling Thermalright U120EX REV.4 BLACK
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Asus ROG STRIX RX480 8GB GAMING OC
Storage 1: SK Hynix Gold S31 500GB; 2: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3: WD Blue 500GB
Display(s) ViewSonic VX2263 22" IPS Full HD
Case BitFenix Nova Mesh M ARGB
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z213 2.1 Stereo Speakers
Power Supply EVGA 600BQ 80+ Bronze
Mouse Razer Basilisk v2
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition
Software Atlas OS (22H2)
hey guys you know recently i installed Atlas OS 20H2 and everything is working fine and im trying to use AAF Optimus driver's but don't know why the app instant crash when i try to open it... both Realtek and Dolby app... any idea?

Someone has the 9285 driver that can send it to me? I can not find it anywhere on the internet and that is just the one that the windows audio enhancements worked and did not sound distorted or far all other drivers later than that have problems or flatly do not have the control panel legacy ....

System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
NEW DCH DRIVERS RELEASED IN GITHUB
HD AUDIO DRIVER VERSION UPDATED TO 6.0.9452.1
USB AUDIO DRIVER VERSION 6.3.9600.2347
MORE DETAILS IN GITHUB

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

ATTENTION: Before installing this modified driver, be sure to remove any and all residues from previous Realtek audio drivers or even if there are residues from previous versions of my mods, if they persist. For this you will need the DriverStoreExplorer (by @lostindark). Remove any drivers whose vendor is "Realtek", "A-Volute", "Dolby", "DTS", "Creative", "AAF Optimus", etc in the Sound, Video and Game Controllers, Extensions, Software Components and Audio Processing Objects categories.

Those who want only Realtek material, just choose the panel option (HDA or UAD) and deselect the rest.

GO TO 1st PAGE
ENJOY!!! :toast:

System Name My PC Master Race
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard AsRock B550M PG Riptide
Cooling Thermalright U120EX REV.4 BLACK
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Asus ROG STRIX RX480 8GB GAMING OC
Storage 1: SK Hynix Gold S31 500GB; 2: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3: WD Blue 500GB
Display(s) ViewSonic VX2263 22" IPS Full HD
Case BitFenix Nova Mesh M ARGB
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z213 2.1 Stereo Speakers
Power Supply EVGA 600BQ 80+ Bronze
Mouse Razer Basilisk v2
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition
Software Atlas OS (22H2)
hey guys you know recently i installed Atlas OS 20H2 and everything is working fine and im trying to use AAF Optimus driver's but don't know why the app instant crash when i try to open it... both Realtek and Dolby app... any idea?
Happy new year, by the way i manage to fix the problem mentioned above, basically connect to internet search for windows update and activate windows in my case because was a clean installation.

Also guys someone knows the difference between
Dolby Atmos
Dolby Atmos Speakers System
Dolby Atmos for Gaming

visually all are the same and i tested the first 2 and there is no change in audio equalizer and the last one never installed properly...

Also guys someone knows the difference between
Dolby Atmos
Dolby Atmos Speakers System
Dolby Atmos for Gaming

visually all are the same and i tested the first 2 and there is no change in audio equalizer and the last one never installed properly...
I believe if your system can use anyone, Dolby Atmos for Gaming is the latest and also would make sense if you game. Others I think only really usefull if you actually have 5.1 speaker setup, but I might be wrong. Just remember Dolby Atmos for Gaming works for me and Alan once replied to similar question of person not knowing but not too fussed either and advised to just go with the Dolby Atmos for Gaming.

System Name Metal-Tom-PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme
Cooling Boxed
Memory Mushkin DDR4 16 GB
Video Card(s) ASUS RX560 4GB
Storage 1x M2-SSD @256GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @120GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @240GB/2x WD10EZRX @1TB/1,5 TB HDD
Display(s) 1x Samsung LE40F86BDX (TV)/1x Samsung SyncMaster T240
Case Thermaltake Kandalf LCS
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220A
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 80+ 750W
Mouse Logitech M210
Keyboard Logitech K260
Software Win 10 Pro x64 v20H2
HD AUDIO DRIVER VERSION UPDATED TO 6.0.9452.1
MORE DETAILS IN GITHUB

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

ATTENTION: Before installing this modified driver, be sure to remove any and all residues from previous Realtek audio drivers or even if there are residues from previous versions of my mods, if they persist. For this you will need the DriverStoreExplorer (by @lostindark). Remove any drivers whose vendor is "Realtek", "A-Volute", "Dolby", "DTS", "Creative", "AAF Optimus", etc in the Sound, Video and Game Controllers, Extensions, Software Components and Audio Processing Objects categories.

Those who want only Realtek material, just choose the panel option (HDA or UAD) and deselect the rest.

GO TO 1st PAGE

Hi, Alan! Even we can see a newest Release from you, also I must say, that you've been very strongly missed in this Time. What were wrong so long with you?

Hi, Alan! Even we can see a newest Release from you, also I must say, that you've been very strongly missed in this Time. What were wrong so long with you?
Do you have the drivers between version 9285 to 9314? I am really looking for those drivers because the versions I have are distorted and have a cheap sound simulating 3D sound and I do not see the option to remove the virtualization already poor inside the app and also in the properties of the sound adapter and in sound enhancements and nothing. nothing really I feel frustrated for not finding the solution and only the old legacy drivers had helped me with this but I reformatted the computer and did not save them anywhere else and I regret I have since December 24 asking for it in this forum and no one helps me or sends me a link I do not know why

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer ii
Memory 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws CL15 3000Mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GeForce® GTX 1070 Ti Gaming 8G
Storage 1Tb NVME Kingston KC2500 / 500GB Evo 860 / 3x 7200Rpm HDD
Display(s) Xiaomi Surface 34" Ultrawide
Case Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-2090 / Logitech X530 5.1 / Sennheiser HD555 / Corsair Void USB
Power Supply 750W Corsair
Mouse Corsair Sabre RGB Laser
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB
Software Windows 11 Pro
Do you have the drivers between version 9285 to 9314? I am really looking for those drivers because the versions I have are distorted and have a cheap sound simulating 3D sound and I do not see the option to remove the virtualization already poor inside the app and also in the properties of the sound adapter and in sound enhancements and nothing. nothing really I feel frustrated for not finding the solution and only the old legacy drivers had helped me with this but I reformatted the computer and did not save them anywhere else and I regret I have since December 24 asking for it in this forum and no one helps me or sends me a link I do not know why
I already replied to your direct message a few days ago... and uploaded 9305, did that one not work?

Here is what i sent to you

Once extracted, the driver file size should be 554,849KB
SHA-256= 6bc05fc196d51887db4784f0eaadc2c0aefc1391239fbd26d4b26bac56a33e60
Part 1
Part 2

I have a month requesting that if anyone has legacy drivers between version 9285 and 9334 please pass them on to me any would be fine none of the current Alan drivers work for me please someone help me.

I already replied to your direct message a few days ago... and uploaded 9305, did that one not work?

Here is what i sent to you

Once extracted, the driver file size should be 554,849KB
SHA-256= 6bc05fc196d51887db4784f0eaadc2c0aefc1391239fbd26d4b26bac56a33e60
Part 1
Part 2
I tried your version but it doesn't work for me all versions before 9305 worked correctly but after 9285 it worked if you have the same 9285/9289 I would appreciate it

mccg35

hi,

i clean and with default settings installed aaf optimus driver. after couple of minutes of the music play, buzzing and crackling sound coming from speaker.

device is Aspire A715-42G.

Processor AMD FX-8320 (running at 4.2Ghz)
Motherboard Asus Crosshair IV Formula (Bios version 3029)
Cooling Stock CPU + 120mm Case Fan
Memory Kinsgton 8Gb (4x2Gb) DDR3 1333mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 580 8Gb
Storage WD SSD 120Gb (OS), WD 500Gb (Games); WD 250Gb (Data); Maxtor 200gb (Sw/Tools)
Display(s) 3 Multimonitor: Asus 22", LG 20", and Samsung 20"
Case Cooler Master AMMO
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi MB Supreme FX (VIA VT2020); Creative Inspire T7900 7.1 Sound System
Power Supply Tagan Modular 800W
Mouse A4 Tech X7
Keyboard Asus Wireless
Software Windows 10 Pro (x64), Version 1809
Hi everyone,

I'm having issues with SoundBlaster Connect (X720). Sometimes i need to restart several times in order for it to detect audio device. Any solution/advice/help?

Specs:
MB: Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming Wifi
GPU: Radeon RX 6800XT (22.11.2 driver)

Package: DCH AudioPack (latest from Alan)
Install options: Soundblaster Connect 2 X720 and Dolby Atmos for Speakers
Current audio driver: Realtek --> AAF Optimus 11.1062.1062.745 | Dolby Atmos --> AAF Optimus 3.30307.371.0

My attempts to solve:
-Uninstall all audio drivers and enhancers (as detailed by Alan, using DriverExplorer)
-Deny write access to Programdata/Creative/SoftwareLock (tried read only, replace owner, and so on)
-Device installation settings is set to "No (your device might not work as expected)
-Creative folder in ProgramData is in the Defender Exclusions

Sidenote:
I also have Creative SXFI Air Gamer Headphones (plugged with USB-C), and official Creative SXFI Control App installed.

System Name Legion 5-15ACH6 Laptop (Lenovo) - Type 82JW
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600H With Radeon Graphics (6 Cores, 3.3Ghz Up To 4.25Ghz)
Motherboard LENOVO (LNVNB161216)
Cooling Legion Internal Cooling Fans + Universal N19 External Cooler (1.5W, 23-44CFM, 0.4A, 1*130mm Fan)
Memory Ramaxel Technology 8gb SODIMM DDR4 3200Mhz x2 (16gb, Dual Channel)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Laptop GPU (4.0 GB) / AMD Radeon Graphics 448SP Mobile (2.0 GB, Disabled)
Storage SAMSUNG MZVLB512HBJQ-000L2 M.2 SSD / Samsung 850 EVO SSD x2
Display(s) Default Moniter 15'6 (165hz, Dolby Vision HDR, 1080p, FreeSync/G-Sync Compatiable)
Audio Device(s) Lenovo Legion H500 7.1 Headset/Realtek(R) Audio w/Nahimic Audio (ALC3306)
Power Supply 230W 100-240V 50-60Hz AC Adapter
Mouse Trands-International 6D 6-Button Mouse
Keyboard Legion Truestrike keyboard Enhanced (101-Key or 102-Key)
Software Microsoft Windows 11 Home Insider Preview x64 (Canary Channel)
Benchmark Scores Will Update Eventually Too Lazy XD (If You Want PM Me Cuz Prob Won't Update It)

scyto

Sorry to be new. I am super confused.
I downloaded the latest AAF optimius pack.
I would like to dolby digital live encoding out of the SPDIF port.
I am using an Realtek USB Audio ALC408x based chipset on my motherboard.
I selected what I thought were the right option on install of the pack (just the realtek items, sonic studio, DD and excluded all the creative items (maybe that was a mistake?)
I am on windows 11

I didn't see any option in the sound control panel properties on the to enable DD encoding on the AAF DCH Optimis USB Audio

Could somone tell me what I should have done, cause i assume I did all the wrong things?

System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
HD AUDIO DRIVER VERSION UPDATED TO 6.0.9464.1
MORE DETAILS IN GITHUB

GO TO 1st PAGE

scyto

Could you explain what this means? I have read the first page many times,

There is nothing in the install wizard for AAFOptimusDCHAudio-Realtek that includes the options HDA or UAD. What is the 'panel' you are refering to?

I am sure this is all obvious to folks who have used these or the HDAUDIO drivers for years, they are not to me and not with the USB package variant on this machine.
I must admit i never figured out how to get you HDAUDIO package working on my last motherboard either.

Would you mind explaining like i am a 5 year old what the heck i need to install in and in what sequence to get either DTS or DD encoding our of my current ALC408x motherboard?

Last edited:

BobRock

First, thank you for the work you are doing. Does the driver work with Realtek® ALC897 Codec from MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI motherboard?