• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

System Name Coffee | Maximus
Processor Intel Core i7 9700K @ 5.2 GHz with AVX, 4.8 GHz cache clock | i7 9700KF @ 5.0 GHz/4.7 GHz cache
Motherboard ASUS Maximus X Formula | ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger (modded BIOS for Coffee Lake)+TPM2.0 module
Cooling Cooler Master ML240 Illusion | Cooler Master ML120L RGB
Memory 2*16 GB (32 GB) Kingston Fury Beast @3600 MHz CL17 | 4*8 GB (32 GB) HyperX Fury @3200 MHz CL14
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX 3070 8 GB Twin Edge | Galax RTX 2060 Super 8 GB
Storage Samsung PM981a 1TB NVMe+480GB SATA SSD+2 TB HDD | Crucial P5 1TB, Crucial P1 500GB+2.5TB HDDs
Display(s) LG OLED 55 G3, 4K 120 Hz, VRR, ALLM, GSync, FreeSync | Samsung 43AU9070 4K TV, VRR, ALLM
Case Corsair Crystal 460X RGB | Lianli Lancool 215
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z SE | Realtek ALC1150 (Supreme FX)
Power Supply ASUS ROG Strix 750G (80+ Gold) | Cooler Master MWE 650 V2 (80+ Bronze)
Mouse Cooler Master MM731 19000 DPI gaming mouse
Keyboard Cooler Master CK721 65% mechanical gaming keyboard (tactile)
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 |Windows 11 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R20 MT 4200,ST 547 CPU-Z MT 4871, ST 620 | R20 MT - 4158, ST - 534, CPU-Z MT 4798, ST 603
I have a bit of a problem.
I installed this yesterday, and it worked.
Unknkown to me, something must've enabled the maxxAudio thing, and it made everything sound subpar.
I wasn't able to figure out the reason for the bad audio, so I uninstalled FAA drivers/audio pack thing, reasoning that is was the only recent change, so reverting it should give me back my old, decent audio.
The problem persisted, and I was able to narrow it down to the maxxAudio thing eventually.
I decided to give FAA a try again, but I can't install it anymore.
I've done my best to remove all traces of the standard realtek drivers.
I've tried the following:
1. remove it via settings>apps and features.
2. Remove it with driverStoreExplorer
3. Remove it via device manager (even enabled "show hidden device" to make sure there's nothing realtek there)
I tried rebooting before installing, but that just makes windows fetch the realtek drivers again and I have to remove them again.
I even downloaded ccleaner, against my best judgement, to see if there's any registry stuff related to realtek that I could remove.

But no, whenever I try to run the installer, I get the following error: "You already have another realtek product installed on your PC. It must be removed before proceeding with this installation."
Try temporarily disabling Internet connection on the PC during the uninstall and reinstall.

danial.aw

Hey, just wanted to see if other's are having this error too.

Installed the latest version with DTS decoder and DTS X app.

Event Viewer is riddled with the two following errors constantly :
1639746452288.png

1639746474976.png

Do you have a VPN? Disable it and restart, I am not sure why it conflicts with VPN's, but its been like that before I started my project.

phrogdriver

My experience of DCH drivers has all been positive so far, in fact I dislike HDA due to redundancy (legacy) on Realtek, and my AMD GPU (which I use for HDMI) also uses a DCH driver.
I also provide a DCH driver, more recently finished (DTS project), I don't get any complaints other than ALC 2xx, but that turns out to be due to OEM config.

I admit, in some cases the DCH driver in generic form might not work for you (like the ALC 2xx OEM version).

Edit: An OEM driver (example ALC 2xx), will be the same files as the generic, but with the additional changes in the .inf file-other.
Edit 2: The device policy (Realtek policy), and APO's control the audio quality more than the driver does.

Thanks for the insight. I tried to install Alan's DCH drivers in my new computer, ASUS TUF B550Plus mobo with ALC S1200A audio, and could not make it work no matter what, on a clean Win10 Pro install.
Installed Alan's standard drivers and it worked straight away.
On my old system with a ALC 889 audio, DCH drivers never worked either. Only standard drivers works
I would like to start by thanking Ferather and CiroConsentino for their tutelage and expertise. Also, and most importantly, to the creator Alan Finotty for the tremendous work!
My apologies to ask such a pointed question. I'm not sure this will help a tremendous number of people. But, anything is possible.
I have downloaded the software and tried in vain to make it work after hours of reading the forum. I am certain that I am simply ignorant of some piece of information. Audio has become much more complicated since listening to an 8-track in the car :)

I am trying to achieve a couple of things. Surround sound on TV apps (this works via ARC), Surround sound on PC (this does NOT work).

I have the following equipment:
Sony 65X930E
Bose 900 Smart Soundbar (with satellite (rear) speakers and subwoofer)
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi)
GPU(GRAPHICS) - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti - ASUS ROG STRIX

The Bose system was recently purchased for TV and Games. I primarily play Bethesda games (Fallout, Elder Scrolls - only single player from computer, not the new online versions). It may be how those games process the sound that is causing problems?

The question I would like to ask: is there a way to make these work with the hardware and software downloaded? If so, how would I configure it - specifically? If not, would a set up with a receiver and speakers (I assume hardwired) work? If this is the proper course (receiver/speaker), suggestions are welcome.

I apologize if my question is simplistic. I have a couple of weeks to return my Bose system and would like to either find the solution or replace if necessary. I appreciate any assistance anyone can offer.

Thank you in advance!
Phrogdriver

Last edited:

Drey

I'm trying to install this but I keep get this error "You already have another Realtek product installed on your PC..."
I already used DriverStoreExplorer and I deleted anything related to Realtek, DTS, Dolby, Creative from the categories Alan mentioned in his post on github and still getting this error.
I also used CCleaner a few times.
I also tried to install it by disabling the internet, same result
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Last edited:

phrogdriver

@phrogdriver, from PC is the audio using HDMI?
Hi Ferather,

I think that may be my problem. Currently the GPU is plugged into the TV via HDMI and the soundbar (eARC) is connected via the ARC HDMI on the TV. I think the TV is "getting in the way". I get DOLBY ATMOS when using tv apps like Netflix so I know from tv to soundbar it is working. I just can't get surround (Dolby) from computer with this set up. The only direct input to soundbar is optical. I hope that helps clear up my current setup. Thanks for taking some time to help, if able.

Thanks

phrogdriver

@phrogdriver, what does the soundbar support on Toslink (optical)?
@Ferather : Hello again. From their website:
  • Supported audio format: Dolby Atmos®, Dolby Digital, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus
It doesn't specifically state that this is for Toslink, but I was able to confirm Dolby Digital 5.1 with a TV app playing a movie. So, I assume this means the above are supported with Toslink and HDMI.

Thank you again for the help! I really appreciate it.

Not necessarily, SPDIF and Toslink link v2 (125mbps) do support all formats, and multichannel, but you might not get them, it depends on how the OEM built it.

phrogdriver

Not necessarily, SPDIF and Toslink link v2 (125mbps) do support all formats, and multichannel, but you might not get them, it depends on how the OEM built it.
@Ferather : Sorry, I think I was unclear with my last post. I confirmed by using the Toslink output from the TV to the soundbar. I unplugged the HDMI cable while testing it to ensure it was the only possible source of sound. This achieved a Dolby Digital 5.1 output.

I think I am starting to get very close to the correct answer, thanks to you and some others via reading for all the help! I have learned a lot about digital audio in the past several days. Still a lot to learn. I fear my own ignorance caused me to use the download improperly.

I would very much appreciate some help with a step-by-step on the proper set up; staring with, if necessary, a deletion of the prior installation. Understanding that this is a time of year to spend with your family, I want to respect your time and hope to continue our conversation after the holidays if you are away! I truly appreciate your graciously provided time and will keep working on my own knowledge during this time. I wish you and yours, and everyone here as well, the very best.

Last edited:
Normally, open device manager, right click the audio device, uninstall, tick 'delete driver'. DON'T restart, open command prompt as admin, and run pnputil (see instructions here).
Look for the signer, device type, branding, to identify the driver and it's purpose, you want to remove all audio related, even branding like A-Volute.

You should open two command prompts, one to display the drivers and scroll the list, the other to remove the drivers.
pnputil -e will display the full list and oemX.inf (where X is a number) then: pnputil -d oemX.inf.

Once done, remove any apps, check your install list, run Ccleaner or similar, then restart. After the restart, and essentially clean PC, install the new driver.
The device should be 'High Definition Audio Device' or similar, without branding, before you install, else you need to disable driver updates.

Example website with guide to prevent Windows automatic driver updates. Sometimes unplugging your network cable is enough.

Last edited:

grool

Hey guys, I tried reading the topic but decided to register in the end and ask. 178 pages seem quite a bit to go through.

I have the following problem:
  • I install the latest available driver from github
  • Everything works flawlessly
  • After 1-2 days the DTS and Dolby 5.1 options disappear from the sound options and default format goes to 2 channel, 16bit, 48000Hz (DVD Quality)
  • Nevertheless, movies in DTS and with pass-through enabled in VLC still work in 5.1
  • However, testing with HTML5 AAC Audio Playback Tests and Countdown v1 (Lossless) does not seem to work in 5.1
Motherboard is MSI Z490 Gaming Plus. According to MSI website audio codec is Realtek® ALC1200

I have currently set up 5.1 following the recommendations in this thread and for now I have Realtek HD audio manager + 5.1 DTS working. (I set it up a couple of hours ago so I do not know if it will reset or not). I also noticed that the popping sound when starting to play whatever has increased greatly when compared to when I was with the AAF modded driver. I am assuming this is the time to "wake up" my receiver via the optic cable or some kind of similar latency. it was like that with my old MB too - Asus Z87-A which had DTS support by default, so I am kind of used to it :D

I am using SPDIF to connect to a fairly cheap home theater system Samsung HT-J4500

Questions:
  • Does AAF DCH Optimus sound package provide enhanced audio (better audio quality)
  • Should I keep trying to make it work, instead of using patched realtek driver? (NB: I'll update my post after a couple of days if DTS/Dolby disappear from sound options again)
  • Does it even matter with my set up?
I apologize if any question is duplicated. I did search for some time, but just got tired. Thanks!

Update 1 day later: I now see that windows has updated: Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - Extension - 6.0.9049.1 (this is not the case with AAF driver) and is waiting for a restart and the 5.1 options are already missing. How can I stop windows 10 from updating a specific driver?

I have re-patched realtek and used this guide to Prevent Windows from updating a specific driver

Last edited:
Hi Alan, I seem to have a license issue on the DTS Unbound app, which I installed with your latest release realtek driver. I'm currently using the latest version of Windows 21H2. Maybe you can check the problem. Thanks very much for the response.

phrogdriver

Normally, open device manager, right click the audio device, uninstall, tick 'delete driver'. DON'T restart, open command prompt as admin, and run pnputil (see instructions here).
Look for the signer, device type, branding, to identify the driver and it's purpose, you want to remove all audio related, even branding like A-Volute.

You should open two command prompts, one to display the drivers and scroll the list, the other to remove the drivers.
pnputil -e will display the full list and oemX.inf (where X is a number) then: pnputil -d oemX.inf.

Once done, remove any apps, check your install list, run Ccleaner or similar, then restart. After the restart, and essentially clean PC, install the new driver.
The device should be 'High Definition Audio Device' or similar, without branding, before you install, else you need to disable driver updates.

Example website with guide to prevent Windows automatic driver updates. Sometimes unplugging your network cable is enou
Thank you @Ferather

I was a little afraid to open the command prompts, but you provided very good guidance. Successfully deleted. I went a different direction and now have wonderful 5.1 surround sound for my games thanks to your patient education.

Beast927

DOWNLOAD MY DRIVERS FROM HERE:
DCH-UAD VERSION (RECOMMENDED)

STANDARD VERSION

DCH DRIVER VERSION UPDATED TO 6.0.9279.1
HDA PANEL INCLUDED IN DCH DRIVER

• REALTEK DEFAULT EFFECTS
  • CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER X-Fi MB5
  • CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER X-Fi MB5
  • ASIO EXTRA
  • REALTEK DEFAULT EFFECTS WITH DDL/DTS
  • CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER CONNECT 2 (LEGACY)
    • 360°
    • 720°
  • NAHIMIC 3
  • SONIC STUDIO 3 (ASUS ROG)
  • SONIC RADAR 3 SUPPORTED
  • DOLBY ATMOS
  • DOLBY DIGITAL (OVERRIDE)
  • DTS INTERACTIVE (OVERRIDE)
  • REALTEK ASIO
  • REALTEK DEFAULT EFFECTS WITH DTS INTERACTIVE
  • REALTEK DEFAULT EFFECTS WITH DOLBY DIGITAL
  • CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER CONNECT (UWP)
    • 360°
    • 720°
    • CINEMA 5
  • NAHIMIC 3 (APO v3)
  • SONIC STUDIO 3 (ASUS ROG) (APO v3)
  • SONIC STUDIO 3 (ASUS ROG) (APO v4)
  • SONIC RADAR 3 SUPPORTED
  • DOLBY ATMOS SPEAKER SYSTEM
  • DOLBY ATMOS FOR GAMING
  • DTS:X ULTRA
  • DTS SOUND UNBOUND
IMAGES (WINDOWS 10)
CREATIVE PANEL (LEGACY)
View attachment 145072
REALTEK AUDIO CONSOLE (UWP)
View attachment 159335
View attachment 159540

CREATIVE PANEL (UWP)
View attachment 158671
NAHIMIC 3
View attachment 133729

SONIC STUDIO 3 (ASUS ROG)
View attachment 156931

View attachment 156932

View attachment 156933

SCOUT RADAR 3 (NOT INCLUDED, BUT SUPPORT ENABLED)
View attachment 156935

View attachment 156936

DOLBY ATMOS
View attachment 143507

ATTENTION: If the Sound Blaster, if installed, is unable to detect your audio device correctly, the executable that will allow you to restore this operation is attached.

DOWNLOAD KGA CONFIG EXECUTABLE

ENJOY !!!
Okay this may ne a stupid question but, what do I pick when I install this? I have this Mobo https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/rog-rampage/rog-rampage-v-edition-10-model/

TechJeff

After a long while i wanted to install a new driver .. but i always get

---------------------------
AAF DCH Optimus Sound
You already have another Realtek product installed on your PC.

It must be removed before proceeding with this installation.

even i deleted all relevant drivers Realtek", "Dolby", "DTS", "Creative" or "Alan Finotty"
i only left the realtek network card driver .. do i have to delete that too ?

AAF Optimus

Account Closed - Will not update Projects
System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
Execute this in cmd:

Code:
reg delete HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{F132AF7F-7BCA-4EDE-8A7C-958108FE7DBD}_is1

TechJeff

Execute this in cmd:

Code:
reg delete HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{F132AF7F-7BCA-4EDE-8A7C-958108FE7DBD}_is1
worked thanks

but now i dont hear any sound if switch to AAF DCH Optimus UAD Sound ...
i used AAFAudioPackDCH-6.0.9013.1 because i thought that was the one that works with SPDIF ? Which driver works for SPDIF ?

i did everything like in my old post https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...dio-driver-for-windows-10.250915/post-4352202

but somehow this time it didnt work

Last edited:

ClydeZa

Damn this doesn't work for me at all.
after installation don't see Realtek as my default sound card and cant launch any apps

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic S12II 620w (SS-620GB)
Software Windows 10 Education x64 21H2
Execute this in cmd:

Code:

hi Alan. any chance you can do a modded 6.0.9282.1 version?
pal1000 already released a 9282 version of his own around xmas

Damn this doesn't work for me at all.
after installation don't see Realtek as my default sound card and cant launch any apps

what kind of computer are you using, ClydeZa? should be listed as AAF Optimus Sound in Device Manager (devmgmt.msc) after install.
list the specs of your machine

System Name Metal-Tom-PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme
Cooling Boxed
Memory Mushkin DDR4 16 GB
Video Card(s) ASUS RX560 4GB
Storage 1x M2-SSD @256GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @120GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @240GB/2x WD10EZRX @1TB/1,5 TB HDD
Display(s) 1x Samsung LE40F86BDX (TV)/1x Samsung SyncMaster T240
Case Thermaltake Kandalf LCS
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220A
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 80+ 750W
Mouse Logitech M210
Keyboard Logitech K260
Software Win 10 Pro x64 v20H2
Execute this in cmd:

Code:

Yo, Alan, you've got a serious Schnapps-Number! Keep always on drinkin' ✌

AAF Optimus

Account Closed - Will not update Projects
System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2