• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

Well I would need to know what extra APO's you where getting from Alans pack, to make the file, bit of work with exporting and sharing data.

I don't install any of them. Just the decoder (with DTS:X) and ASIO.

Fair enough. Well enjoy! Edit: You can also edit the .xml preset file if you like (C:\Windows\System32\DTS\PC\APO4x\), copy the file, paste, edit, replace.
I like SFX "Any", "Any" for 5.1, use the 'replace all' feature, for stereo (and default) is "Any" "Stereo", but was issue prone previously.

By default I set the preset as "Off" "Off", due to past issues on stereo, possibly fixed now, now there's an optional for you.

The default for SPDIF-HDMI, multichannel, is the one given at the very top, External, Music.

If you replace the file, restart your computer for full effect.

Last edited:
need help ... how to remove and clean driver ( DTS DOLBY work just sonic !! )
and nahimic is uninstalled !!
Capture d’écran 2021-08-02 190930.jpg

Last edited:
Fair enough. Well enjoy! Edit: You can also edit the .xml preset file if you like (C:\Windows\System32\DTS\PC\APO4x\), copy the file, paste, edit, replace.
I like SFX "Any", "Any" for 5.1, use the 'replace all' feature, for stereo (and default) is "Any" "Stereo", but was issue prone previously.

By default I set the preset as "Off" "Off", due to past issues on stereo, possibly fixed now, now there's an optional for you.

The default for SPDIF-HDMI, multichannel, is the one given at the very top, External, Music.

Replacing all SFX to "Any" "Any" made the left and right front channels very quiet compared to center and made the rear speakers sound through the front speakers. So back to "Off" "Off" and it works correctly for 5.1 SPDIF.

frollo

@Ferather thank you for the response. Can you show what you mean by editing this xml or is there already a post / vid about it? i have a dts_apo4_oem_config_1025133B.xml and when searching for SFX i get the following

<chain_v2 position="SFX" input="Any" output="Stereo">
<process tech_id="DTS Eagle" instance_id="SFX" />
</chain_v2>
<chain_v2 position="OSFX" input="Off" output="Off">
<process tech_id="DTS Eagle" instance_id="OSFX" />
</chain_v2>
<chain_v2 position="MFX" input="Stereo" output="Stereo">
<process tech_id="DTS Eagle" instance_id="MFX"/>
</chain_v2>
<chain_v2 position="OMFX" input="Off" output="Off">
<process tech_id="DTS Eagle" instance_id="OMFX"/>
</chain_v2>
<chain_v2 position="EFX" input="Off" output="Off">
<process tech_id="DTS Eagle" instance_id="EFX"/>
</chain_v2>
<chain_v2 position="EFX51" input="5.1 Surround" output="5.1 Surround">
<process tech_id="DTS Helios" instance_id="EFX51"/>

the file looks huge with tons of duplication in it

I'm optical through to a z906

you also said "Is that with Interactive? Enable stereo mix, set it to play to the digital device (or default device), then mute it. This will make the encoder always on."
I'm unsure what or how you intend for that to work. In my Digital Output (SPDIF) properties default format is DTS Interactive. I do not see a stereo mix other than 2 channel 16 bit 48000hz etc. This device is set as default for the system playing directly to the z906

Last edited:
@Ferather thank you for the response. Can you show what you mean by editing this xml or is there already a post / vid about it? i have a dts_apo4_oem_config_1025133B.xml and when searching for SFX i get the following

the file looks huge with tons of duplication in it

I'm optical through to a z906

you also said "Is that with Interactive? Enable stereo mix, set it to play to the digital device (or default device), then mute it. This will make the encoder always on."
I'm unsure what or how you intend for that to work. In my Digital Output (SPDIF) properties default format is DTS Interactive. I do not see a stereo mix other than 2 channel 16 bit 48000hz etc. This device is set as default for the system playing directly to the z906

You gotta go to "Recording" devices, right click to "Show disable devices" and you'll see stereo mix. Follow the rest of his instructions.

@frollo, your preset edit looks correct, if you find it a bit complicated dont worry about it, I was mostly talking to pyuras.
Stereo mix is normally disabled, so you will need to right click and show disabled, then enable it.

1639161525724.png

@frollo, your preset edit looks correct, if you find it a bit complicated dont worry about it, I was mostly talking to pyuras.
Stereo mix is normally disabled, so you will need to right click and show disabled, then enable it.

View attachment 228380

The downside to this solution is that the computer won't go to sleep from inactivity anymore, you need to manually suspend it. :(

danial.aw

Hi everyone! I have acer nitro with ALC255 with combined minijack, but I can't do anything with that unless 'headphones' and 'speaker', there must be at least five variants(line in, mic in, universal etc)View attachment 196806View attachment 196807View attachment 196808View attachment 196809

I just have used 'findpolicytext': 'combo' and choose 'global', 'universal' and, 'manual' combo in one of drvctrl and ombojack work perfectly
Hey, is it possible for you to share which exact one you changed, I am trying to do it my dell laptop and when i search combo a ton of different come in the search

System Name Coffee | Maximus
Processor Intel Core i7 9700K @ 5.2 GHz with AVX, 4.8 GHz cache clock | i7 9700KF @ 5.0 GHz/4.7 GHz cache
Motherboard ASUS Maximus X Formula | ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger (modded BIOS for Coffee Lake)+TPM2.0 module
Cooling Cooler Master ML240 Illusion | Cooler Master ML120L RGB
Memory 2*16 GB (32 GB) Kingston Fury Beast @3600 MHz CL17 | 4*8 GB (32 GB) HyperX Fury @3200 MHz CL14
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX 3070 8 GB Twin Edge | Galax RTX 2060 Super 8 GB
Storage Samsung PM981a 1TB NVMe+480GB SATA SSD+2 TB HDD | Crucial P5 1TB, Crucial P1 500GB+2.5TB HDDs
Display(s) LG OLED 55 G3, 4K 120 Hz, VRR, ALLM, GSync, FreeSync | Samsung 43AU9070 4K TV, VRR, ALLM
Case Corsair Crystal 460X RGB | Lianli Lancool 215
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z SE | Realtek ALC1150 (Supreme FX)
Power Supply ASUS ROG Strix 750G (80+ Gold) | Cooler Master MWE 650 V2 (80+ Bronze)
Mouse Cooler Master MM731 19000 DPI gaming mouse
Keyboard Cooler Master CK721 65% mechanical gaming keyboard (tactile)
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 |Windows 11 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R20 MT 4200,ST 547 CPU-Z MT 4871, ST 620 | R20 MT - 4158, ST - 534, CPU-Z MT 4798, ST 603
@Alan Finotty - The latest driver does not show DTS Support on analog jacks on my Maximus VIII Ranger as on my system specs on the Realtek Control Panel. The last driver to work properly is the 9219 driver. I know you are busy but if you get some time, could you please look into it? Greatly appreciated for all your effort as always. :)

AAF Optimus

Account Closed - Will not update Projects
System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
@Alan Finotty - The latest driver does not show DTS Support on analog jacks on my Maximus VIII Ranger as on my system specs on the Realtek Control Panel. The last driver to work properly is the 9219 driver. I know you are busy but if you get some time, could you please look into it? Greatly appreciated for all your effort as always. :)
Open Realtek Audio Device Tweak located on the Desktop and make the following changes:

Check the DrvCtrl3 box.

Check the DrvCtrl40 box.

Ready. This should solve most known issues.

System Name Coffee | Maximus
Processor Intel Core i7 9700K @ 5.2 GHz with AVX, 4.8 GHz cache clock | i7 9700KF @ 5.0 GHz/4.7 GHz cache
Motherboard ASUS Maximus X Formula | ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger (modded BIOS for Coffee Lake)+TPM2.0 module
Cooling Cooler Master ML240 Illusion | Cooler Master ML120L RGB
Memory 2*16 GB (32 GB) Kingston Fury Beast @3600 MHz CL17 | 4*8 GB (32 GB) HyperX Fury @3200 MHz CL14
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX 3070 8 GB Twin Edge | Galax RTX 2060 Super 8 GB
Storage Samsung PM981a 1TB NVMe+480GB SATA SSD+2 TB HDD | Crucial P5 1TB, Crucial P1 500GB+2.5TB HDDs
Display(s) LG OLED 55 G3, 4K 120 Hz, VRR, ALLM, GSync, FreeSync | Samsung 43AU9070 4K TV, VRR, ALLM
Case Corsair Crystal 460X RGB | Lianli Lancool 215
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z SE | Realtek ALC1150 (Supreme FX)
Power Supply ASUS ROG Strix 750G (80+ Gold) | Cooler Master MWE 650 V2 (80+ Bronze)
Mouse Cooler Master MM731 19000 DPI gaming mouse
Keyboard Cooler Master CK721 65% mechanical gaming keyboard (tactile)
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 |Windows 11 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R20 MT 4200,ST 547 CPU-Z MT 4871, ST 620 | R20 MT - 4158, ST - 534, CPU-Z MT 4798, ST 603
Open Realtek Audio Device Tweak located on the Desktop and make the following changes:

Check the DrvCtrl3 box.

Check the DrvCtrl40 box.

Thanks Alan. Just checked it. Unfortunately did not work. DTS Connect still not present on Realtek Audio Console.

GNKyrios

Greetings, i have spent many hours trying tomake my 5.1 soundbar work (sony HT-S40R connected via optical cable) on my Asus Z390H motherboard with this realtek chip "ROG SupremeFX8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC S1220A".

So far, old method of patching realtek driver gives me 5.1 dolby option on settings, testing dolby format can make each individual speaker emit sound (except the subwoofer for some reason), soudbar reads dolby digital signal, but when i play anything on 5.1 dolby, it only works as 2ch, the old method removes the realtek console, and on the settings i cannot config how many speakers i have or anything like that.

Using the APO its kind of confusing with so many options, i have tested about 6 of them and only 1-2 activates 5.1 dolby on settings, but no way to config speaker setup, position, etc. And even when 5.1 is activated on settings the soundbar indicates LPCM signal. I followed the video guide but using other app, tried the same one my MB uses (asus sonar) but no 5.1, but kinda lost on what else to try.

What drivers/software can you use? for example my soundbar is only dolby digital, not dolby plus or atmos, are the ones here just software enhancers to simulate certain effects? i really dont care that much about the enhancers, first i need to have real 5.1 else i wasted money on that soundbar.

ill try these drivers next, but still i have little hope, i just want to have5.1 surround on games or movies/videos. I would even buy a sound card, even tho i dont seem to have space for it (large GPU mounted vertical wich covers all the back pci slots), but they are so unpopular that i cannot find any on my country, except maybe for one over $100.

HHH03

My computer is a newer AMD motherboard and doesn't have advanced audio... it uses a simple Realtek ALC4050H and it's a UAD driver front and rear ports. The rear port is the one that's been causing me issues... it powers down after 10 seconds and takes 750 ms to power back up causing popping and 750ms of lost audio everytime. I've installed a Sound Blaster sound card as a fix and it uses a ALC1220 using a Realtek UAD driver for it. My feeling is the ALC4050H chip has some sort of power savings enabled causing my issues. I've used the Windows "Generic" USB Audio 2.0 and all the sound problems are solved... it doesn't power down at all... The Windows driver doesn't show up in the Realtek Audio Control limiting some of the funtions... like port recognition and front headphone muting of the rear port.
I've tried your driver for the Sound Blaster Card and it definately works, but I needed a UAD driver to keep the functionality of the system. It's obvious you have an advanced knowledge of these Realtek Drivers, perhaps you might have some insight how to correct this driver power down to D2 after 10 seconds. I've tried everything it seems, registry changes, power scheme settings, newer Realtek ALC4050H drivers from other OEMs, etc. All of the "newer" Realtek drivers from other vendors perform the same by going into D2 after 10 seconds.
Perhaps you might have a solution? Everything I've tried has failed, emailing Realtek, Lenovo customer support, registry changes... etc.

System Name Asus TUF Gaming FA506IU Laptop
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with Radeon Graphics
Motherboard AMD K17.6 FCH, AMD K17.6 IMC
Cooling Dual Fans Design with Self-Cleaning Cooling
Memory Samsung DRR4 - 3200Mhz 16GB(8GBx2)
Video Card(s) GeForce GTX 1660 Ti (6 GB)
Storage WDC PC SN530 SDBPNPZ-256G-1002 + SHGP31-500GM-2 + ST1000LM035-1RK172
Display(s) LM156LF-2F03 144HZ Adaptive SYNC
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC256 @ AMD K17.6
Power Supply ASUS Power Brick 180W
Mouse ROG SICA Gaming Mouse
Benchmark Scores CineBench R23 Single core:- 1290 points CineBench R23 Multi core:- 11111 points
No popping or anything?
Not a single issue.

@THEBOSS619, there is more to it than just Alan, it seems Alan can only test so much (probably headphones), while he provides the time on the package, he is not the sole person making them work as such.
I know :) It's impossible to have this much of quality into a single person work... teamwork is a must to achieve perfect quality ;)

Just a small note... (not an issue) the latest AAF DCH Optimus Sound 6.0.9279.1 show on device manager as version 6.0.9268.1 and I have checked the both files [.exe and .rar] being downloaded through GitHub but both shows inside the HDX.inf as version 6.0.9268.1 rather than version 6.0.9279.1. I will tag @Alan Finotty along also for this case.

Again... Thank you from all my heart :)

Indeed. He just forgot to update a bit of text in the .inf for version, does not effect anything other than Windows checking version for updates.

Check the DrvCtrl3 box.

Check the DrvCtrl40 box.

Alan, this newest version and quite a few other older versions, when installed fully, I dont see an option for dolby digital, or DTS in Default Format under Sound. All I see is 2 speaker, 24 bit, xx Hz. 5.1 setup doesnt show up at all.

How do i fix this? Am using realtek ALC892 on the ASUS Z97-A motherboard.

MassiveAtoms

I have a bit of a problem.
I installed this yesterday, and it worked.
Unknkown to me, something must've enabled the maxxAudio thing, and it made everything sound subpar.
I wasn't able to figure out the reason for the bad audio, so I uninstalled FAA drivers/audio pack thing, reasoning that is was the only recent change, so reverting it should give me back my old, decent audio.
The problem persisted, and I was able to narrow it down to the maxxAudio thing eventually.
I decided to give FAA a try again, but I can't install it anymore.
I've done my best to remove all traces of the standard realtek drivers.
I've tried the following:
1. remove it via settings>apps and features.
2. Remove it with driverStoreExplorer
3. Remove it via device manager (even enabled "show hidden device" to make sure there's nothing realtek there)
I tried rebooting before installing, but that just makes windows fetch the realtek drivers again and I have to remove them again.
I even downloaded ccleaner, against my best judgement, to see if there's any registry stuff related to realtek that I could remove.

But no, whenever I try to run the installer, I get the following error: "You already have another realtek product installed on your PC. It must be removed before proceeding with this installation."

GNKyrios

Tried installing different ways, no 5.1 activated on settings, most enhancers wont work, did clean isntalations each time