• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

System Name Gentoo64 /w Cold Coffee
Processor 9900K 5.2GHz @1.312v
Motherboard MXI APEX
Cooling Raystorm Pro + 1260mm Super Nova
Memory 2x16GB TridentZ 4000-14-14-28-2T @1.6v
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 LiquidX Barrow 3015MHz @1.1v
Storage 660P 1TB, 860 QVO 2TB
Display(s) LG C1 + Predator XB1 QHD
Case Open Benchtable V2
Audio Device(s) SB X-Fi
Power Supply MSI A1000G
Mouse G502
Keyboard G815
Software Gentoo/Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Always only ever very fast
Does this mod make a discrete sound card like Sound Blaster Z obsolete?

Any time you are asking for help on forum like this remember to include your system specifications particularly the motherboard make and model, the realtek codec version it uses, your operating system and how you will use the audio (analog speakers or spdif optical output, etc)

Since we know nothing about your system its impossible to know what might be the issue. I have an older ALC892 codec board and while I believe it had 7.1 support its only really outputing at 5.1 because I have a 5.1 stereo setup.

***Breaking news! This is unbelievable to me. Asus no longer has a support page for the P9X79 LE or any X79 motherboard that runs Windows 10. Sure they added Win10 support late but its still totally viable. Its viable but its has issues. I guess Asus expects people to just not use it anymore but that seems terribly contradictory for a company that sells itself on quality components that last a long time. I may upgrade but this year to a more gaming focused machine but I still intend to use this a server. If someone found one of these dead or bought it on the cheap all it likely needs is a bios update. No more driver support or bios downloads at all!? WTF Asus? I have been buying them for over twenty years. This is lame and its going to be hard to buy another Asus. I will definitely take suggestions for a better manufacturer to support.

Missing links:

I have the ALC892. I have never gotten the sonic studio to work. Atmos worked but it didn't seem to add anything. Nahaimic may have worked but it was installed unintentionally and seems to draw more resources I would rather having for gaming. Soundblaster will run 720 suite sometimes for a few days but inevitably it figures out something is missing and the KGA config does not work at all for me (not entirely sure how to use it) What i run and has proven reliable for both analog output (headphones) and SPDIF is to install Alan's STANDARD drivers:

When installing I use this sequence. I have tested this many times your experience may be different. When you run installer first question is whether or not to install Intel bus driver I choose NO. Windows configurations I allow everything but remote desktop. I have no idea why anyone would allow a blind link to remote desktop that could be abused easily. I select Realtek APO with DTS/DDLL. You must deselect A-volute, Atmos and other options or it will install all of them. I dont know why they are all set to install by default since youshould probably just use one at a time. Sometimes I choose soundblaster just to use the recon mode as it does help with directional sound and positioning cues in FPS games. Eventually I will buy a creative card but that is not a option now. After rebooting its necessary to config the audio jack alerts and allow simultaneous outputs and input as well as set default communication devices accordingly. In the sound properties I disable all enhancements and choose 5.1 DTS option for the spdif optical output as well as optional frequencies. I also deselect the "allow exclusive control" as it can cause issues switching back and forth or using multiple apps with sound at the same time. Good luck. My system sounds phenomenal. But that took untold hours of trial and error.
@Jimmy9303

i figured it out i just used the audio tweak tool and added some of the settings in it. i even gave myself a few extras. plus this pretty nifty looking console.

View attachment 189666
Do tell the tweak settings!
DTS Connect on analog is what dear @Jimmy9303 has been waiting 10 years for.

@ramm81

Open the device tweak settings, and change the following (as you see it), this will change the 5.1 from side to rear.

1.png 2.png

3.png 6.png

====

@emanresu

DTS Connect is a blanket name for a two-part system used on the computer platform only, in order to convert PC audio into the DTS format, transported via a single S/PDIF cable.
The two components of the system are DTS Interactive and DTS NeoPC. -- DTS Connect is for digital, where NeoPC expands stereo audio into 5.1-7.1.

4.png 5.png

Stereo expand is not the same as stereo surround, which clones left-right to other channels. Links in my signature below.

----

My ALC889 uses an internal connector for HDMI passthrough, DTS interactive and NeoPC are active, it supports both Dolby and DTS systems:

7.png 8.png

It supports playback of the following: DTS, DTS-HD MA, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, AAC and PCM multichannel (transcoded).

Last edited:
The one packaged with Alans driver, yes. Click load, change the tick boxes, click save and restart your computer. DO NOT press the flashing red text (deletes settings file).

====

@Metal-Tom

Here is a quick DTS extension pack I just made, its not tested and will probably need some modifications. However this is roughly what it should look like.

Attachments

• DTS EXT.exe
    4.3 MB · Views: 315
Last edited:

ramm81

@Ferather

Thanks for the answer, indeed the configuration changed, but in the end there was no audio signal in the rear channel, I also noticed the application recognizes my black connector as a side channel.

P.d return to the initial configuration, waiting for a new solution thanks.

Hey Guys,

I need help with Dolby Digital 5.1 over optical connection. I have Gigabyte TRX40 Aorus Master Motherboard with ALC1220VB and ALC4050H chipsets. Original drivers were showing up in Device Manager as Realtek USB audio and now they show up as Realtek USB 2.0 Audio. I have tried Alan’s DCH packs with no luck. Also tried patched drivers 2.80 and 2.79 and a I cannot get this to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Guess you have to do this before install alan's driver. Try disable driver signature. Just google it.

Dear Alan
Do you have solution for me ?
I' m using your AAF v6.0.9102.1, for my ALC 1220, the plugin for dolby atmos & sound blaster connect is running without problem.
But when it goes to dolby digital live & dts connect, where it should be 5.1, only my center & front speaker is active. My rear isnt active.
I'm using logitech z906. The decoder light for dolby & dts is on. But the sound isnt 5.1. For your record, option for dts connect isnt in SPDIF only, but i can choice it too with my analog, but it doesn't give any effect. Only atmos & sb connect does give effect.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 139
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 136
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 145
@ramm81

Are able to re-task the connector in the Realtek Audio Console?

1.png

====

@Dee_NA

Yes, but it's a separate driver from Alan's main package, and I chose not to add other extensions such as 720 so on. See my Signature below.

3.png

====

@Lai_yunie_yanto

There is a minor bug with Alan's current driver data, you will need to disable enhancements for digital, see the image below, after that it should work as intended.
DTS Connect is not active in the dual APO (both decoders option), you will need to use EAPO to clone stereo to 5.1. See my Signature below.

2.png

Last edited:
@Lai_yunie_yanto

There is a minor bug with Alan's current driver data, you will need to disable enhancements for digital, see the image below, after that it should work as intended.
DTS Connect is not active in the dual APO (both decoders option), you will need to use EAPO to clone stereo to 5.1. See my Signature below.

View attachment 189977
Thanks for the respond sir.
But i think i have to reinstall AAF again. Coz what you share, isnt the same with mine.
4.jpg

Try this app and let me know if it works, I do remember this bug. Where you see digital you want S/PDIF.

1.png

Attachments

• FX Configurator.exe
    792.5 KB · Views: 176
@ramm81

Are able to re-task the connector in the Realtek Audio Console?

View attachment 189976

====

@Dee_NA

Yes, but it's a separate driver from Alan's main package, and I chose not to add other extensions such as 720 so on. See my Signature below.

View attachment 189979

====

@Lai_yunie_yanto

View attachment 189977
Thanks. Figured I'd ask since its been said DTS has better sound quality than Dolby at higher bitrates.

funk192

I have an ASUS ROG G752VS gaming laptop, and want to use Nahimic instead of Sonic Studio that comes with standard on the ASUS support page. The reason, I connect to my soundbar and would like to use the Nahimic enhancements throught HDMI.

I installed the modded DCH drivers and they worked perfectly with Nahimic throught the HDMI but I found out the drivers make the sound for my laptop speakers only play through the internal subwoofer, nothing comes out in the internal laptop left and right speakers. The subwoofer volume control controls the subwoofer level, but nothing happens with the main volume control. I disabled all audio enhancements while the modded driver is installed and this behaviour is still there.

Attached below is what it states my soundchip to be in the realtek drivers control panel that come from the ASUS website.

Is there anything I can try from my end? I tried legacy as well as a few other modded drivers, one from you and other UAD Nahimic mod which didn't let me install.
edit: got it working with this version: AAFAudioPackDCH-6.0.9098.1.exe but for some reason I don't have any links to Dolby Atmos, Nahimic, Realtek Audio Console. I can load them from going into the MS Store, and I can try adding them to the start menu but the icons are blank and they don't actually open anything. Any idea how to fix that? I've tried manually installing the appx's. Below is what the icons look like, and the "link" it shows.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 120
  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
F
Try this app and let me know if it works, I do remember this bug. Where you see digital you want S/PDIF.

View attachment 189983@FERATHER
Finally solution is with your customized AAF + Dts. Already going through other version, nothing happened. But what's weird is, i have to enable audio enhancements with My digital Output /spdif to activate dts interactive. No DDL, but i think its enough for me. My rear speaker is active too, although the sound rather weird. Thanks Ferather

WizzardHat

Let me guess this straight. Z906 here. Alc1200 Gigabyte mobo. So while using the S/PDIF connection, DTS does not support uncompressed directional 5.1, aka a game with true 5.1 surround. Only compressed. Movies for example. Right?

And with these modded drivers, it basically sends stereo to all speakers. Right? Because using the standard analog connection, various sounds locations play in the correct speaker. Footsteps from behind, play in rear speakers and so on.

Although with these drivers i get the DTS led on the Z906. But it sounds exactly the same as when the Z906 switches to 3D Stereo mode when detecting uncompressed sound. An explosion behind me, simply plays in all speakers. Directional audio gone.

So i either messed something up, or does these drivers actually allow directional 5.1 audio using S/PDIF? Instead of just emulating stereo sound on all speakers.

Last edited:
@Lai_yunie_yanto

Glad to hear my DTS alternative driver fixed your issue. The Dolby side is playback only (the driver still supports Dolby encoded audio) so no DDL, I prefer DTS Interactive due to its higher bitrate.
Some people will say that's like comparing MP3 and AAC, however ultimately as the consumer I want the one that produces a better sound quality, even at the same bit rate.

Note: Comparisons go out the window when talking about lossless codecs (Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio). DTS-HD MA playback is natively supported.

----

@Dee_NA

Try my DTS alternative AAF driver, apparently it should fix your problem. Please note the package is DTS, and there is no additionally packaged extensions such as Nahimic.

----

@WizzardHat

Im using my AAF DTS alternative driver with Z906 and ALC889, fully functional, although I suggest using EAPO to get stereo surround rather than NeoPC (stereo expand).

====

Hopefully Alan will implement a full DTS version with his package, he does already have a Dolby only version, with extensions.

====

Non-conductive circuit (optical) is still the best method to transport data, audio and video, due to SNR and other reasons.
Conductive circuits will pickup interference from all radio signals and even nearby faulty power (EMI-RFI).

Last edited:
Let me guess this straight. Z906 here. Alc1200 Gigabyte mobo. So while using the S/PDIF connection, DTS does not support uncompressed directional 5.1, aka a game with true 5.1 surround. Only compressed. Movies for example. Right?

And with these modded drivers, it basically sends stereo to all speakers. Right? Because using the standard analog connection, various sounds locations play in the correct speaker. Footsteps from behind, play in rear speakers and so on.

Although with these drivers i get the DTS led on the Z906. But it sounds exactly the same as when the Z906 switches to 3D Stereo mode when detecting uncompressed sound. An explosion behind me, simply plays in all speakers. Directional audio gone.

So i either messed something up, or does these drivers actually allow directional 5.1 audio using S/PDIF? Instead of just emulating stereo sound on all speakers.
It works here without problems. Using DTS interactive connected to a receiver with 5.1 speaker set attached, on an ALC1220. What solved the 'stereo' problem for me is to untick 'enable audio enhancements' in the sound control panel, see my post a couple pages back.

Latest version is signed, just double click install, first uninstall all other drivers. Try dhrto's fix first.

Latest version is signed, just double click install, first uninstall all other drivers. Try dhrto's fix first.
Do i need to install the pfx first??