• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

View attachment 195837
Hi Alan, Why my spatial sound feature is not working? But the sound effects produced by Dolby, DTS and SB720 work well (really great sound). I'm using an HDA panel.
Spatial Sound Not Active.png

AAF Optimus

Account Closed - Will not update Projects
System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
Hi Alan, Why my spatial sound feature is not working? But the sound effects produced by Dolby, DTS and SB720 work well (really great sound). I'm using an HDA panel.
I have not yet enabled it, it is in the testing phase, in addition, the DTS Sound Unbound package is too large to be integrated into the installer. I will have to find a way to do that.

Hi Alan, I am using ASUS ROG Z390-F
Everything works for me except DTS:X Ultra, it seems cannot detect device "please connect to speakers"

and of course no spatial sound option of DTS X Ultra

and in digital output, it shows dts interactive but when i clicked it, it said not supported.

any help?

AAF Optimus

Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Hi Alan, I am using ASUS ROG Z390-F
Everything works for me except DTS:X Ultra, it seems cannot detect device "please connect to speakers"

and of course no spatial sound option of DTS X Ultra

and in digital output, it shows dts interactive but when i clicked it, it said not supported.

any help?
Check that your computer's analog audio is enabled. If not, enable it by connecting a speaker or headset to the rear or front (green) outputs respectively, or open the Realtek Audio Console and disable the automatic detection of the front panel.

I have not yet enabled it, it is in the testing phase, in addition, the DTS Sound Unbound package is too large to be integrated into the installer. I will have to find a way to do that.
I will look forward to it patiently. Thanks very much.

Check that your computer's analog audio is enabled. If not, enable it by connecting a speaker or headset to the rear or front (green) outputs respectively, or open the Realtek Audio Console and disable the automatic detection of the front panel.
already tried to disable the automatic detection of the front panel, but DTS:x ultra still doesn't work

analog audio at the rear of the motherboard is always connecting to speakers

dolby atmos works, sonic studio works

and the automatic detectioj now cannot be re-enabled, everytime BSOD

Last edited:

AAF Optimus

Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
already tried to disable the automatic detection of the front panel, but DTS:x ultra still doesn't work

analog audio at the rear of the motherboard is always connecting to speakers

dolby atmos works, sonic studio works

and the automatic detectioj now cannot be re-enabled, everytime BSOD
Try the latest release, I just uploaded.

Speaker detection can be an odd one, although I have not had any reports of issues on my version, Alan will have it up and running soon.

DTS:x ultra still doesn't work

Can you check the service is running, I had issues with some PC's refusing the run the service, which may be a Windows issue.
Check Task Manager to see if the APO4 service is running on the left pane, hopefully its running.

1617914966825.png

----

@Alan Finotty, The Driver Store app can break things with Windows if the force feature is used, it will leave behind settings.
I would remove it from your suggestion, and seek an alternative method.

Last edited:

P_G19

I tried using equalizerAPO with the driver but i lost SoundBlaster effects is there a way i can use the driver apps effects + EqualizerAPO?
Also can I use DTS:X with EqualizerAPO?

I use EqualizerAPO for Convolution with Impulse Response + HeSuVi ( BTW does DTS:X offer anything different than what implemented in HeSuVi?)

DTS:x ultra still doesn't work
In my case, first of all every UWP app package that we just installed will experience non-working / unusable (force close), for some reason (maybe license related?). It often happened like that in the prev version of the driver. This also includes the DTS app. The solution, I always do the executable on KGAConfig.exe (see on the first page). Once done, reboot the device (Windows 10 -> 1909-20H2). And as a result, everything worked (usable), using HDA panels. Hope it works on yours. :)

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. B85M-D3H
Memory 8,00 Go (7,89 Go utilisable
Video Card(s) GPU 1 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970/ GPU 0 Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
Keyboard Old Dell keyboard
In my case, first of all every UWP app package that we just installed will experience non-working / unusable (force close), for some reason (maybe license related?). It often happened like that in the prev version of the driver. This also includes the DTS app. The solution, I always do the executable on KGAConfig.exe (see on the first page). Once done, reboot the device (Windows 10 -> 1909-20H2). And as a result, everything worked (usable), using HDA panels. Hope it works on yours. :)
And what did you do with the KGAConfig.exe ? It only debug SoundBlaster normally, not the other apps

Can you check the service is running, I had issues with some PC's refusing the run the service, which may be a Windows issue.
Check Task Manager to see if the APO4 service is running on the left pane, hopefully its running.

View attachment 195852

----

@Alan Finotty, The Driver Store app can break things with Windows if the force feature is used, it will leave behind settings.
I would remove it from your suggestion, and seek an alternative method.
it is running..but the DTS:X ultra doesn't work, cannot click any button and the message showing "please connect to speak/ headphone"

Attachments

• 未命名.jpg
    未命名.jpg
    855.6 KB · Views: 141
Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
it is running..but the DTS:X ultra doesn't work, cannot click any button and the message showing "please connect to speak/ headphone"
Same for me ^^

@P_G19

E-APO doesn't support composite, and it can only make 1 composite with another effect. If I enter for example DTS-SFX into APOTool, then add E-APO it will use existing apo (DTS-SFX).
Due to the composite limitation with E-APO, you can only have 1 other active APO (DTS, Dobly, Nahimic, etc) at a time with it :(

----

@tmac666, @Hearick

If you have time, you can try my latest stable, let me know if you get a different result, sometimes its simply just some speaker codes are missing from the drivers .inf file.

The yellow external speaker, or headphones, will only show on analogue, if missing, its not detecting analogue.

1.png
2.png

Edit: What ALC chips do you guys have?

Last edited:
@P_G19

E-APO doesn't support composite, and it can only make 1 composite with another effect. If I enter for example DTS-SFX into APOTool, then add E-APO it will use existing apo (DTS-SFX).
Due to the composite limitation with E-APO, you can only have 1 other active APO (DTS, Dobly, Nahimic, etc) at a time with it :(

----

@tmac666, @Hearick

If you have time, you can try my latest stable, let me know if you get a different result, sometimes its simply just some speaker codes are missing from the drivers .inf file.

The yellow external speaker, or headphones, will only show on analogue, if missing, its not detecting analogue.

View attachment 195929
View attachment 195930

I will try it , thanks Ferather

I am using ASUS ROG z390-f

using ROG SupremeFX High Definition Audio CODEC S1220A​

Attachments

• 未命名.jpg
    未命名.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 77
Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
@P_G19

----

@tmac666, @Hearick

View attachment 195929
View attachment 195930

I will try it too

I am using Gigabyte D85M-D3H? GeForce GTX 970 5old one xD)

Since I dont know how to identidy ALC version I'll give a image of device manager a dxiag (sound 1)

Attachments

• ALC version.PNG
    ALC version.PNG
    66.3 KB · Views: 94
@P_G19

----

@tmac666, @Hearick

View attachment 195929
View attachment 195930

Just tried, it is the same result, also DTS:X headphone v1 doesn't work

Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
Interesting, the PC I had an issue with the service was also an ALC892. Thanks for your feedback, I can replicate the issue using VB cable. If I find a solution I will inform Alan.
Its actually a bug with stereo specifically, with my test setup to reproduce the bug with VB cable, multichannel works and it detects speakers, but not in stereo.

1.png2.png

3.png

Note ALC892 has I think 3 revisions, 2 with bugs. Latest revision ALC892 works as intended (based on friends PC).

Last edited:
Interesting, the PC I had an issue with the service was also an ALC892. Thanks for your feedback, I can replicate the issue using VB cable. If I find a solution I will inform Alan.
Its actually a bug with stereo specifically, with my test setup to reproduce the bug with VB cable, multichannel works and it detects speakers, but not in stereo.

View attachment 195947View attachment 195948

View attachment 195949

Note ALC892 has I think 3 revisions, 2 with bugs. Latest revision ALC892 works as intended (based on friends PC).
thanks for your effort.

actually, i am using 5.1 analog speakers and not stereo...... and the DTSX Ultra doesn't work for me.

You can trigger 5.1 with VAC, and set its output (recording) to your speakers. You will need to disable windows audio service to apply some settings, see my screenshots above.
I have attached the full version of the app, fully unlocked, although it might not be the latest version, it works perfectly.

1617981452692.png

----

Edit: Dont forget to 'config' VAC to 5.1 or 7.1 when finished, the below screenshot is not VAC, as I removed it.

1617982832645.png

----

1617981382710.png

====

Edit 2:

You might be able to use my HDMI-DP setup files to trigger multichannel and perhaps stereo to your ALC892. You will need the 'RTK APO Tool', and my DTS-Settings files.
Open the tool, then change the device to your speakers at the top, change to 'MMDevice Registry', and on the right select 'EP Registry'.

This will open regedit at the device, right click the primary key, select rename, then copy it. Edit the .reg files with the info.

1.png

2.png
3.png

Now double click the registry file, then restart Windows.

Attachments

• VAC.zip
    758.1 KB · Views: 101
  • DTS-Settings.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 95
  • RTK APO Tool.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
You can trigger 5.1 with VAC, and set its output (recording) to your speakers. You will need to disable windows audio service to apply some settings, see my screenshots above.
I have attached the full version of the app, fully unlocked, although it might not be the latest version, it works perfectly.

View attachment 195951

----

Edit: Dont forget to 'config' VAC to 5.1 or 7.1 when finished, the below screenshot is not VAC, as I removed it.

View attachment 195956

----

View attachment 195950

View attachment 195951

----

View attachment 195956

----

View attachment 195950
Yeah it works ! The only downside is the fact that we cant choose preset

In multichannel mode it uses 1 master preset, the buttons and other features are auto configured as it says on the screen, all other features are for stereo (including selectable spatial modes).

I updated my post with an additional trial fix. If it does not work you can clear the changes you see in APO Tool (keys). Or backup the reg by exporting first.

----

For actual HDMI-DP, you will need to trigger speakers by selecting speakers (or headphones) then back.

Last edited: