• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

n0fear

I also use an Asus board (Maximus VIII Hero) and legacy drivers (8960) are working fine for me.

What you need to do is this;
- download latest version. (only standard version works on my system for now)
- turn off your internet connection totally, both ethernet and wifi. (this is mandatory)
- uninstall all previous AAF mod driver or other (original realtek drivers) and don't restart yet.
- delete left over drivers with DriverStoreExplorer (the entities which have the provider Alan Finotty at all segments and Realtek ones under the sound).
- purge and clean your registry with ccleaner.
- restart your computer.
- install AAF Mod drivers.
- restart your computer
- check from windows settings > system > sound that your sound card is seen as AAF Optimus Sound.
- if you had done everything in order than drivers should work as they are intended to be.
- now you can turn on your internet connection.

Regards

Hi, thanks alot for the hint with internet connection, will try this, this is standing nowhere :-( when you say "working" what do you install SB 720? Nahimic or the ROG one?

UPDATE: Without internet connection it worked hat way that Sonic Studio 3 is now working. SB 720 still the same, cant connect. But well maybe there will come wnother update. Thanks for the hint!

Last edited:

onsekiz

Hi, thanks alot for the hint with internet connection, will try this, this is standing nowhere :-( when you say "working" what do you install SB 720? Nahimic or the ROG one?

UPDATE: Without internet connection it worked hat way that Sonic Studio 3 is now working. SB 720 still the same, cant connect. But well maybe there will come wnother update. Thanks for the hint!
I have an Asus Intel motherboard so I have installed drivers with these settings;

- AAFBus
- Realtek with DDL/DTS
- Sonic Studio 3
- Dolby Atmos

SB720 doesn't work on my pc too. I couldn't make it work even I had installed program and keys separately later.
Dolby Atmos and Sonic Studio is enough for my taste. I don't like the sound quality of Nahimic and SB720, this is my subjective opinion by the way.
Boosted rear speakers about +7dB at Room Correction.
I enabled PCEE4 from Realtek Audio Device Tweak. I think this option gives a good LFE sound.
You may also need to change or alter the file "C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\rtkhdaud.dat".
On first page you can find the info on tweaking. Or you can try my tweaked settings with attached file since you have an asus board.

Regards

Attachments

• rtkhdaud_asus.zip
    368 bytes · Views: 493

n0fear

Another Update on this! Disabling Internet Connection while installing! Very very interesting, and i hope @Alan Finote has some last idea on this:

Using latest legacy driver:

- Looks like all working but not SB720 (not connecting, blue button even after installing single and so on)
- Can select standart format 5.1
- rog working

Using latest DHC driver:

- Using NO Internet while installing this one also works BUT i can not select 5.1 somewhere yet
- SB Cinema 5 working
- ROG working
- Had to install Realtec Audio Console myself as internet was down whgile installing

So DHC driver everything seams to be fine, i just cant get 5.1. select somewhere. Does this has to do with DD/DTS then?

UPDATE 3: Now it really looks like everything is working. This is what i did on Asus Rog Crosshair Hero VII

- DISABLE Internet (just plug out the Networkcable for example)
- Install latest DHC Version (used DD/DTS Driver and that Intel thing. Selected Rog, SB Cinema 5...)
- Reboot
- Use Realtec Audio Device Tweak from 1 Page (wheen there are no Effects working and DTS Tweak)
- Reboot
- Now everything incl. SB Effects, ROG Effects, DTS are working
- Connect Internet again

Thanks alot to all for the help and @Alan Finote for the great work on this driver pack

Last edited:
Feedback

Code:
PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_15E3&SUBSYS_FA371462
Running <= HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_1462FA37&REV_1003\5&1CEF5996&C&0001
Driver return version = 8960  <<6.0.8960.1>>
Driver return InternalName = RTKVHD64.sys 8960
Driver running model = eMd_MSI_General <129>
Power Data: Bus(D0), Codec(D0)

MSI B350M Mortar - ALC892
Windows 10 2004
DCH version
I simply uninstalled all previous drivers, then installed the DCH.
At first no effect worked, not even realtek, so i followed the tip in the first post which fixed it and everything was enabled.

Sonic Studio 3 for some reason shows "The current system is not supported, or the audio driver has not been properly installed. TIMEOUT".
Since EVERYTHING else works, it must be a mismatch somewhere.

This is the best thing that i have seen since the Omega/DNA drivers. Keep it up you rock.

Feedback

GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 (rev. 1.0)

Realtek® ALC892 codec

ROG not working with onboard audio, clean install, used ccleaner registry

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4383&SUBSYS_A1821458
Running <= HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_1458A182&REV_1003\4&32850B9B&1&0001
Driver return version = 8960 <<6.0.8960.1>>
Driver return InternalName = RTKVHD64.sys 8960
Driver running model = eMd_GigaByte_General <150>
Power Data: Bus(D0), Codec(D0)

Dolby Atmos not working with analog sound either.

HDMI endpoint with Nvidia 1660 works with ROG. Any idea why this is?

Thank you

AAF Optimus

Account Closed - Will not update Projects
System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
NEW DRIVERS RELEASED IN GITHUB
UPDATED VERSION 6.0.8967.1
DCH-UAD

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

GO TO 1st PAGE
ENJOY!!!

LordGMLP

NEW DRIVERS RELEASED IN GITHUB
UPDATED VERSION 6.0.8967.1
DCH-UAD

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

GO TO 1st PAGE
ENJOY!!!
Thanks for this. Installed fine. However now I have SBC 720 and Dolby Atmos are saying I have no audio connection (not detecting jack input). Tried with both Analog 6 Channel and Optical input. Same error message. I have jack remapping popup enabled in Realtek Audio Console.

Also Analog 6 channel 5.1 sound is coming off both my external speakers and internal laptop speakers. Analog channel has been really troublesome from the get go with so many problems. Normally internal laptop speakers would be disabled. I also cannot adjust volume for analog with Windows volume slider. At any level the sound (even mute!) is exactly the same and it's absurdly loud. Had to use the physical knob on my speaker control pod.

Last edited:
Rog is working fine with onboard audio now, but sbc just shuts down when i open it, and atmos doesn't work. Getting there.

@Alan Finote Been away from the driver , busy and such. So I decided to come back and the same annoying drvinst.exe bug happens. It gets stuck with a full core and doesn't finish installing. I hate that there is no message in event viewer etc... How can I find out why it;s doing this?
When I get it to install, the creative and dolby say invalid device or device not found, despite it showing up as the AAF device. I tried the realtek device customization program following directions and no change

Last edited:
@Alan Finote Hey, I am a fan of your mod work. Really appreciate it. I have a request though, I am using Asus motherboard, that's fine though but the problem is "Retasking". Few years back Realtek had disabled the option to retask audio ports form control panel. Well that was fine too as I was still able to retask it through RegEdit. But Recent years they even patched that, so the registry retasking doesn't work anymore. I would like you to mod it so that registry retasking gets enabled. If you could do that it would be awesome.

But if you know how to, please share the method of retasking Audio ports. This is one mod feature we absolutely require.

Rog is working fine with onboard audio now, but sbc just shuts down when i open it, and atmos doesn't work. Getting there.
Have you tried downloading and installing APO Drivers from PureSoft Blog?
Install that and then enable the dolby DAX Api Service from "Maintenance Driver" Which comes with APO Driver.

I know this will sound lame but after doing a clean install on a ssd everything worked perfectly and really have had no issues at all. In fact, I can even play music out the back again while using the front panel ports for headset and mic when I am gaming. I have had a hard time gettiing my data off but I may just format old hdd. Super stoked as always thank you Alan! I have the newer version of the RealTek HD manager but I kinda like the older style better. If I could wish for anything it would be a desktop or taskbar widget to control volumes for music or games separately. Time to dial in the desktop now I guess. The audio is killer.

System Name Gaming System / HTPC-Server
Processor i7 8700K (@4.8 Ghz All-Core) / R7 5900X
Motherboard Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming / MSI B450 Mortar Max
Cooling CM ML360 / CM ML240L
Memory 16Gb Hynix @3200 MHz / 16Gb Hynix @3000Mhz
Video Card(s) Zotac 3080 / Colorful 1060
Storage 750G MX300 + 2x500G NVMe / 40Tb Reds + 1Tb WD Blue NVMe
Display(s) LG 27GN800-B 27'' 2K 144Hz / Sony TV
Case Xigmatek Aquarius Plus / Corsair Air 240
Audio Device(s) On Board Realtek
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III Gold 750W / Andyson TX-700 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero / K400+
Keyboard Wooting Two / K400+
Software Windows 10 x64
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R15 = 1542 3D Mark Timespy = 9758
Does anyone know how to get SC connect, Nahimic and Dolby working when the message saying no devices are connected comes up in SB connect?
I'm using a B450 Mortar Max.

It works fine on my other computer, but not on my HTPC.

I'm also having a problem that when using digital output, the microphone doesn't record/listen. I've tried a bunch of stuff, but no success in ever getting line-in or mic working alongside digital out even though it works fine with analog out.

IDSG89

installed the DCH-UAD VERSION without problems and installed the Realtek Audio Control UWP app from store, wen try to open Audio Control app, shows for 1 second and closes itself, what can it do?

Dolby Atmos wont work, but in legacy version the control panel and dolby atmos works perfectly

audio problem.png

AAF Optimus

Account Closed - Will not update Projects
System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
installed the DCH-UAD VERSION without problems and installed the Realtek Audio Control UWP app from store, wen try to open Audio Control app, shows for 1 second and closes itself, what can it do?
Type Windows + R on your keyboard, type "services.msc", search for "Realtek Audio Universal Service" and check if it is running. If it is not running, right-click it and click Start Service.
Dolby Atmos wont work, but in legacy version the control panel and dolby atmos works perfectly
Follow the steps of the "(MANDATORY) FOLLOW THESE STEPS (ONLY IN DCH-UAD VERSION)" spoiler on the first page of this thread.

IDSG89

Type Windows + R on your keyboard, type "services.msc", search for "Realtek Audio Universal Service" and check if it is running. If it is not running, right-click it and click Start Service.

Follow the steps of the "(MANDATORY) FOLLOW THESE STEPS (ONLY IN DCH-UAD VERSION)" spoiler on the first page of this thread.

Followed the steps of the "(MANDATORY) FOLLOW THESE STEPS (ONLY IN DCH-UAD VERSION)" and dolby atmos its working thanks but the Realtek Audio Universal Service is running and the audio control still closes itself on startup =( , what can i do?

playing around with tweak tool and open this page Hello Alan do you have any clue what i need to click to enable sonic focus page thanks
yy.jpg

Followed the steps of the "(MANDATORY) FOLLOW THESE STEPS (ONLY IN DCH-UAD VERSION)" and dolby atmos its working thanks but the Realtek Audio Universal Service is running and the audio control still closes itself on startup =( , what can i do?
And in my DCH Version it's the Sound Blaster which is every time close himself.. even after an clean Windows 10 2004 Enterprise + All in one Runtime Install. Please fix that!
Otherwise great work you do here Alan
please keep it that way.

And in my DCH Version it's the Sound Blaster which is every time close himself.. even after an clean Windows 10 2004 Enterprise + All in one Runtime Install. Please fix that!
Otherwise great work you do here Alan
please keep it that way.

Try using APO Driver from PureSoft Blog. Google Puresoft APO driver. And when installed, Just tick the Creative Sound Blaster UWP option in Driver Maintenance(blue Icon) which comes with APO Driver. It should start working.

That sonic focus page looks pretty cool. Probably a terrible idea to try it but if i image my drive now it might have to end badly. I think most of the issues I was having related to installing W10 over W7. I just had no idea how different things were. I even tried going full MS store for drivers etc. They should openly discourage anyone from installing 10 unless they know it will be broken. Functionally broken was about the best i could hope for.

System Name Eh
Processor AMD FX-6300 Overclocked to 4.2ghz
Motherboard MSI 760GM-P34(FX) (Shit Motherboard)
Cooling Default Fan
Memory 8GB
Video Card(s) EVGA Geforce GTX 1060 6GB Overclocked
Storage 1TB Western Digital, 500gb Samsung 860 SSD
Display(s) 24" Acer
Case Cyberpower PC mATX
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC887 (Using custom driver from the forums)
Power Supply EVGA Bronze 500 watt
Mouse Logitech Daedalus
Keyboard Dell
Software Windows 10 x64
DO i need to install the APO driver to use viper4win with this package? I'm having a difficult time understanding how to get all this working.

Try using APO Driver from PureSoft Blog. Google Puresoft APO driver. And when installed, Just tick the Creative Sound Blaster UWP option in Driver Maintenance(blue Icon) which comes with APO Driver. It should start working.

that was not a bad idea but I had to activate all of the APO's for Realtek, Dolby, DTS and Sonic Studio 3
and I had to insert everything in the FX Configurator individually + load the registry files
luckily I have used the APO driver a lot.

But that didn't help :/
GIF 25.06.2020 00-44-49.gif

Update:
I reinstalled windows 10 again. (Windows 10 Pro for Workstations Version 2004 / 20H1)
- Windows updates
- Latest Chipset
- AiO Runtimes from: http://puresoftapps.blogspot.com

then I installed the audio driver mod and followed the steps of the (MANDATORY) FOLLOW THESE STEPS (ONLY IN DCH-UAD VERSION) from the first page, otherwise no device was recognized.
so far the Sound Blaster is running, hope it stays stable.
Unbenannt.png

(Asus ROG Z390-F Gaming Mainboard with ROG SupremeFX 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC S1220A - Realtek.)

Last edited: